Womens Running

Weekenddailies (Read 12 times)

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

Barbie movie was quite well done tbh. Even the men liked it.

I ran 5 today. Hoping for a longer run tomorrow.

Lori

*it's Bertha or me. My money is on me.*

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**

Anonymous Guest

Just about to hit post on starting the weekend dailies, hit refresh and Lori beat me to it! Glad you enjoyed the Barbie movie, I heard it's pretty entertaining.

I ran 6 this morning. First time I've felt good during a run since we got here.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Had a good day at the 50k. Chilly and foggy for much of it, perfect for running. My HS friends stopped by to see me at the end of my first loop. One of them had a cow bell. They are not runners at all, but got into the spirit. So fun. I’ll head over to Tiburon soon to meet up with them.  Oh, and I got a bottle of wine for being 1st in AG. Woo!

Lori, glad to hear you enjoyed movie. 

Katen, yay for a good run.

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Glute didn't let me sleep much. Ran 12 with last 4 fast at a downhill to appease it and it feels better now. We will see.

I haven't watched it but want to, Lori!

Damaris

Half Crazy K 2.0

2 miles on the treadmill & a core workout. DH and I drive up to PA this morning. SIL was out, so we were both relieved.

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

Lori, glad the movie was enjoyable.  I've heard good things about it.  Good luck with longer miles tomorrow,

Karen, awesome on the good feeling run!  Hope they keep coming.

Margaret, congrats on the AG win and booze!!!  Fun the ladies came out to support you.

Damaris, glad the glute is improved.

Kathi, what were you up to in PA?

Mostly recovered here.  Blisters are dry and getting crusty.  None of my nails seem to hurt, they're painted purple, so no idea what they look like under.  My left thigh is a bit weird, but fine.  Walking without pain at all.  Feet are fine and dandy!  Woot.

Thursday was pub night and I had a blast.  One of my favorite friends finished a 100 two weeks before me (Ouray in CO, a TOUGH race) and we were comparing buckles.  His is kinda sweet.  Most folks were super excited for both of us.  My race was a surprise to most, I kept it quiet.  Feel semi-bad.  One GF I opted not to tell.  Quite frankly, she and her husband almost certainly would have talked smack about me behind my back, I know because they did before about another friend.  Really annoying and hurtful, even not about me.  Also, she would have blabbed to all.  She is quite mad at me, but she's done some things recently to me that hasn't really been terribly friend like.

Worked today, at least inside.  Work tomorrow, ugh, outside from 8-3.

That's about it.

K

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024

Half Crazy K 2.0

5.5 with intervals followed by lower body strength.

KatS, DH found a guy that does burial at sea (through his uncle who used the service for his wife).We had his mom's remains and BIL had dad's. BIL wants to go out on the boat, so DH just needed to get MIL's remains to BIL Mostly peaceful, DH did get a bit of a dig in when he told BIL he said goodbye to both while they were alive.

GatsbyBird, nice job on the 50k. There are very few people I'd recognize from my high school.I saw pics from the 30th reunion last weekend that I did not go to and lots of folks I did not recognize.

Anonymous Guest

7 miles this morning, and once again I felt good. Which is a good thing as I need to be training for my November race.

Margaret, congrats on the race! How are things looking for your 100? All good on the fire front so far? Are you ready to taper? I am with HCK, I don't know how many people I'd recognize from my high school class.

Damaris, nice job on the 12.

HCK, good to get that chore taken care of, I'm sure you and DH are relieved.

Kathryn, excellent news on the recovery front. I bet your pub night was a blast, especially since a lot of your local peeps didn't know what you did last weekend.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Here I am with my friends, at mile 18.8 (plus part of the friend taking the selfie).  After this, I went out again for another 12 mile loop.  We had so much fun at dinner last night, lots of wine, good food, many stories, and lots of laughing.  We try to do a meet-up once a year.  I didn't think they'd be interested in my race but they wanted to come and said it was really fun.  They think I should find a race for next year's meet up.  

Will do a few more miles later today.   MTA: 13 miles this afternoon, 75 for the week.  I don't think I've ever run that much in one week before.

Kat, fun comparing buckles!  Friends who talk smack are not friends.

HCK, glad that the hand-off of ashes went okay.

Karen, I'm feeling good about the 100, at least I think I've put in a good amount of training.  The 100k in Ashland Oak Ridge yesterday went off fine, without problems from smoke, which was encouraging.  Hopefully no new fires come up.

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR