Womens Running

Warming UP WEEKENDS (DAILIES) (Read 19 times)

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

I think a lot of us are FEELING THE HEAT this weekend.

Damaris and Karen are like - whats new?

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

7.1 for me! Heading to core class in about an hour.

Eh, run was okay. My legs were heavy and I was feeling all sorts of aches and pains in my legs and feet. This seems to be happening quite frequently when I wear my Ghost shoes. HMMMM. I might try to not wear them next week and see how I feel. Anyway, this ends me at 48 for the week! I am good with that!

I came home yesterday and cleaned this house top to bottom. Who does that on a Friday afternoon?! LOL. Trying to get ready for our guests (Sandy, this makes me laugh because you kept calling Karen and I your guests Smile ). The floors were so dirty!! Looking forward to babysitting - I told my SIL to write me detailed instructions. I have never even changed a diaper before!!! Good thing HCF has. Smile

Susan - Oh man, the class goes through the weekend? Hope you can get home to your DF soon!! Smile

Run4kupcakes - Nice miles! Yay no kidssss!!!!

Tessa - Do you have pictures of the kitties?!

HAPPY WEEKEND! STAY COOL!!!

Seloc

Well that was hard!  A little over 8mi for me.  78*/70* temp/dp when I started.  You guys that is gross!  Started wayyyy too fast with RB who wanted to run 4ish.  Started raining about halfway through which felt good.  Dropped the temp about 5*.  Dropped her and slowed wayyyyyyyyyyy down.  Wanted to bail but forced myself into another loop.  Lightening wasn't too close yet.  So shuffled a bit more and then cashed it in.  Pouring at the end.  Stripped in the garage - ha!  Still storming pretty good and it doesn't look like it's going anywhere for awhile.  Glad I got out there early.  STILL no double digits but meh.

Doesn't look like we'll be cleaning gutters or bike riding today.  Might be watching lots of Catastrophe!  Fine by me 

Lizzie - dang, nice weekly mileage.  Awwww, yay for GUESTS!!  LOL  You will have so much fun with baby Emerson.  I'll be stalking Insta for pics 

Tessa - glad the kit kats are doing well!  I love the name Domino

HCK - a Polaroid camera!  Wow!

Sue - safe flight home!  Glad you get some time with DF.

Kat - ah, makes sense with the contract shifts.  Hope they pick you!

Happy weekend to all!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  I have 7 and the Pilates I missed last night.  Taking the car to the shop at 10am.

Liz, I don't feel the heat because I never go outside after it hits 85F so in March or so, not even to see the outdoors.  Just send me from one AC place to another.  Currently, it's 96F and 76 dewpoint right now and it's not even 10am. Smile  Nice run.

Sandy, nice 8!

Damaris

Anonymous Guest

8 easy for me this morning. Ran with three of my baby runners, plus we saw the woman that will be coaching the walkers out on the trail, so I slowed down and walked a bit with her and her friends and chatted. Ran fast to catch up to the slowest of the three, then ran with him to the turnaround where the other two were. Then ran back with the fastest of the baby runners. He and I added on a two-mile loop while the other two slowed down a good bit and went straight back. Then we all hung out and chatted for awhile - it was quite the social run. I'm pretty much done talking to people for the weekend, I think.

Lizzie, I got a pair of Ghosts because they were on sale. I think I've run twice in them - they are really comfortable, but I am probably not going to do really long runs in them as my legs seemed.......more tired afterwards, if that makes sense. Oh, you're going to have fun with your guests this weekend! I babysat when I was a kid, but never any babies, so I still don't feel like I'm capable of taking care of a baby.

Sandy, that's SE TX weather! We were at 78 this morning. Our dew point was mid 70s, but yeah, your weather was gross. At about mile 5 of my run, the guy from India says "I don't think it seems as bad out this morning." I was thinking it was worse. We were running a good 30 seconds/mile slower than last week, so that was probably it.

Damaris, have a good run and Pilates later.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

Happy Saturday all.

Lizzie, I hope you enjoy your family and have a great time with Emerson.

Sandy, nice hanging with the fasties for a bit.  I worried about rain today too.

Damaris, glad you are OK after yesterdays fender bender.

Karen, yes, we are supposed to get the rain here too.  It is forecasted for the next 5 days, possibly thunderstorms.

I got out there this morning for a walk, 5 miles.  It was decent out at the start at 80 with clouds and a breeze, popped up to 85 by the end.  Felt good to get out and less stress than trying to force myself to run.  Trying to force it was draining.

I signed up for Bandera 50K yesterday.  I got 20% off so I figured what the heck.  It is the first Saturday in January.  Oddly, I freaked a bit in bed thinking about it.  I will be finishing in the dark - several hours worth.  It is a tough course and the last hill I have to do is a bear.  I can't imagine it the dark.  It is one big loop, so no dropping to the 25K once I start.  Sigh....

Nothing on tap for today, except for the dinner tonight.  So don't want to go...  Maybe get off my duff and clean.

K

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024

Anonymous Guest

Next door neighbor's two-year-olds birthday party is about to start........I said we would probably not be over.

Kat, exciting about Bandera. I think that's one of Katie's favorites?

Groceries done. Not too bad for a Saturday. Stocking up for DH's weekend alone with Riley next weekend. Last night my mom texted me and my phone was in the kitchen. DH looked at it when he went by and said "that's your mom texting......when are you going to Quincy again?" Me: Next weekend. I bought the tickets when you were out of town so I'm honestly not sure I ever told you. Oops.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Heat?  Nope, not here.  Low 50s and overcast this morning.  Ran 21.2 miles, including a few with my RC.  Other than being a bit bored with the local coastal trail, it was a good run.  No running next weekend since I have aid station duty for Western States.  Have a lot stuff to organize this weekend for the aid station...  but might need a nap first.

Caught the first half and around 20 minutes of the second half of the Iceland - Argentina WC game before my run.  Iceland held Argentina to a 1-1 draw!  WAHOO!  That made my day.

Lizzie, hopefully changing the shoes eliminates the aches and pains.  If it were me, I'd consider skipping the next long run or two so that the niggles go away.  Your race is a good ways off and you don't want to be starting a new training cycle with niggles, ya know?  Have fun with baby E!

Seloc, yikes on the storm!  And temps!  And humidity!  Summer storms are not a thing out here -- we won't see rain again until October and it'll be cold rain.  Seems like warm rain wouldn't be too bad.  Well, until the thunder and lightning start.  Being a lightning conductor doesn't sound fun.  Nice job getting 8 done in crazy conditions.

Damaris, ugh on another rear-ender.  Hope you get your car back soon.

Kat, nice walking miles.  I think just getting out and moving is a win when it's in the 80s.  Can't believe you still don't have your purse back.  

Karen, I think you might have talked more on your run today than I did, and that's hard to do.  Probably a good idea to clue in DH about your absence next weekend.  So he doesn't think you're just on a really, really long run.

Any exciting father's day plans?  I'm doing dinner with my dad and brother & family tomorrow.  DH is away until Thursday.

Enjoy the weekend!

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

They said I should get back the car in two days, yay.  So hoping by Tuesday.  They gave me this giant SUV, which I can't even drive on, lol.  I have a nice car (large too), but it's a hybrid (Lincoln MKZ Hybrid) so driving a 19mpg SUV makes me cringe, ha.

Went to Pilates, ran my 7 on a noisy TM and lifted.  The TM needs a new front roller, but at least they are supposed to keep working, except they get noisier and noisier. I'll call SOLE on Monday to see if they can send me one.

Margaret, that sounds like lovely weather.

Karen, nice 8.

Kathryn, yay a 50K.  Good luck!

Damaris

Half Crazy K 2.0

4 sluggish miles this morning. I need to turn into a early morning runner for summer, hah!

With the CD discussion, our house has a built in tape player. I'm sure when the house was built in 1990, this was high end. In the kitchen we have a tape player/radio, but it has multiple speakers throughout the house.

I've tried multiple pairs of Ghosts. The first pair I had about 5 years ago, not sure which version, I liked the best and actually wore them quite a bit. Last pair I got was version 7 and I ran maybe 2 or 3 times in them. I do find them really comfortable for walking around--I wore them when we went to LA and Vegas and were walking 5-10 miles/day.

Kilmisters

Lizzie, have fun w Emerson!  I am sure the instructions are detailed enough and you'll manage Wink

Kat, woo, 2019 race sign up? Exciting! You have lots of time to train for that one.

Margaret, nice miles! Ha, how many hours until Karen's DH would realize it is not just a reallly long run? Five? Big grin The ARG-ISL result was nice, but... Every team that is less skilled tries to cancel it out w physicality, but Iceland tackles were borderline brutal. I am shocked no one got sent off. Plus, ARG had to be awarded another penalty, but ref didn't even go to watch the video replay. I usually like underdogs winning but this had a bad feel to it.

Damaris, ugh, another accident? Glad you are ok. The SUV issue made me smile. Tough to adjust for sure.

Sandy, ha, so you did the opposite of progression run? Smile Rainy runs are the best!

10k yesterday. The warm temps are back. UGH. Lots of of soccer watching this weekend, of course. I have zero willpower to get up early (or at least earlier than usual) on weekend, so w 14k in the plan and cousin visiting, have to make a decision which game to skip. Costa Rica - Serbia it is.

''What will happen if I run up the hills? Ah, volcano muscle soreness!!'' (c) Margaret

''Who needs quads anyway!?'' (c) Damaris

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

Rest day for me!

I slept until 8 this morning! That never happens. Smile

So...My brother and his family ended up not coming down yesterday. Baby E woke up yesterday with a fever. They took him to Urgent Care because of his kidney problems - his pediatrician wanted to make sure it wasn't a UTI. They didn't get out of the doctors office until 4pm! Sucks because they were really looking forward to coming down. I think they were actually going to be looking at a house while they were here (they are trying to move to Richmond). We will try and reschedule for another time! I made the comment - THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU BECOME A PARENT. Smile Oh, baby E just has an ear infection.

HCF and I ended up hanging out with his sister and going to their community pool. It was fun! Plus, his sister wanted us to tell her kids (the ones we babysat) that we were getting married - in person. It all worked out! We came home and watched Goliath Smile Karen, have you started  watching yet?!

We are heading over to HCF's familys house for Fathers Day today. Should be fun!

Sandy - Nice run yesterday! I think even if you tried to do double digits yesterday you probably would have had to stop due to the storm! Hope you had a nice relaxing day Smile Rainy days are kinda awesome because it gives you an excuse to lay around Smile

Docket - damn, I really hope you get the job on Seattle. Then I will be constantly jealous of your temps. LOL. I would be nervous driving an SUV, too! At least you are getting your car back pretty quickly!

Karen - I had to laugh when I read about your morning yesterday-  “I am pretty much done talking to people for the weekend”. LOL. Understand! Nice miles and extroverting Smile YES! Understand about the shoes!! I have been getting that feeling with the Ghosts but only recently. Laughing at DH not knowing you are leaving next weekend. LOL.

Kathryn - Nice 5 yesterday! Yay for the race sign up! I would be a little nervous about the course too. I have heard reallllyyyy awesome things about that course. Can you practice some night time running? I still get nervous on the mornings I am out there at 3am..

Margaret - 21 miles?! Wow, nice job!! Uh, yes..I hope you got a nap first before you started organizing things Smile OH, I was thinking the same thing about my LR this week. I am going to see how the week goes..but its my last week before training. I may just take it easy on the distances…we will see. If I have a work week like I did last week, I can’t promise anything. Ha. JEALOUS of your temps!!! I didn’t even think about Karen’s DH thinking she is on a really really long run - LOL!!! Have fun today with your family!

Run4kupcakes - Nice sluggish miles Smile You are right about the Ghosts - they are super comfortable. Have you tried the Glycerins?

Kilmisters - Nice Saturday miles! You deserve a relaxing weekend with soccer and beer Smile Good luck on the run today!!! How does mini K like all of this soccer?

Have a great day everyone!

Seloc

4mi plus bike to RBs and back ~7mi.  82*/69* temp/dp WHEW!!  Very kind of Karen and Damaris to share your weather but how about only Dec-March, mmmmkay?  Apparently 2018 is the year of extremes in these parts.  Another "excessive heat warning" today.  Weather people said our dewpoints were higher than Miami yesterday!

Laundry and vacuuming are done!  Probably be more Prime watching today.  Yesterday was a complete washout - it rained until about 4pm.  Although I will take a break and go see my sister who was admitted to the hospital yesterday with pancreatitis.  Weird.

Lizzie - awwwwwwwww sorry Emerson was sick!  Sounds like a fun change of plans. I LOVE to hang out at a swimming pool.  Have fun with HCFs family today!

Elina - yup, yesterday was definitely a reverse progression run.  Nice run yesterday and have a good one today.  Stay cool!  Keep me posted on who I should root for, k?  

HCK - that's funny about your built in tape player.  I've never seen such a thing!  I do not even own any cassette tapes anymore though I do still have a boom box with a player in the garage.

Damaris - LOL on the SUV.  Glad you get your car back quickly.  Nice workouts yesterday!

Gatsby - nice run yesterday!  Hope you got a nap in - whew.  So you don't mind if I move in with you, right??  

Karen - nice social run yesterday!  Those are fun.  But, yep, need some downtime after.  Hey, you retired folk need to stay out of the grocery on the weekend!  hee hee.  You and your DH crack me up.  I love the independence - that's my kind of partnership!!

Kat - nice 5 yesterday in the heat!  Wow, another 50K!  You go girl!  How was dinner last night?

Congrats, Lisa!  All you ultra trail folks are amazing!!

Happy Sunday!!

Kilmisters

Lizzie, always scary when the little ones are in such situations... They are so vulnerable and can't tell us what is off. Glad to hear it's just an ear infection!

Sandy, ha, that's right; we could send this weather back to Karen/Damaris. I'll pay for DHL.

8.7mi in 81 degrees. Phew. We bought a small garbage bin for post-run ice ''bath'' purposes Big grin When you fill it up w freezing water and get in there, it's about knee level. We got some looks at the store while trying to figure out whether it's wide enough to step in w both feet Big grin But it was perfect after the warm run. Calves and feet were happy!

Recovery-ish 3.7mi tomorrow. Thanks, Karen! Big grin

''What will happen if I run up the hills? Ah, volcano muscle soreness!!'' (c) Margaret

''Who needs quads anyway!?'' (c) Damaris

Half Crazy K 2.0

7 with 2 sets of 8 x 200. Sun came about mile 5 and it was uncomfortable. I feel like I got some chafing from the shorts liner--probably because everything was soaked.

Lizzie, hope baby E is ok.

Kilmisters, that tubs sounds like torture.

Seloc, here's the tape player:

AnonymouosGuest, do you also wear Wave Riders? I think one of the big differences is that the Ghosts are heavier than the Wave Rider by maybe an ounce.

GatsbyBird, I want your weather.