Womens Running

Where is everyone this weekend??? (Read 18 times)

I'm the first one here???

Went for a short ride around the 'hood. I am such a chicken--I'm trying to get used to riding on narrow roads with traffic. My running friends went out to do 50+ miles in the country. I know I can't hang, so I stayed here and rode a measly 13 miles. At least I got on the bike. Plus--I just couldn't swing it time wise.  Too much to do.

Today's list: bake 2 batches of cookies, a cake, bread, vacuum, mop. Tomorrow I need to take Mom grocery  shopping. AND----I want to get my chores done so I can sew a few hours.

What's on your weekend plan??

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

That was my thought earlier!  But since I am at work, didn't post.

Sue, enjoy your baking!!

K

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024

Anonymous Guest

We are on the road. Left around 9, should be at our stopping place around 6. Then another long drive tomorrow to get to CO.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

RTurtles

Running with the Turtles

Happy weekend!  A 10K run for me this morning, the goal was a 8:22 pace and I ended up running about 8:10... my talkative RB ran with me for the first and last miles.  He didn't think he could do the whole run at my pace.  But it was nice for him to come and support me!  It actually didn't feel bad and it is my 10K PR.  Heat advisory for us today, heat index around 100 and some storms expected.  Just hanging out at home now, younger DD will be here later to spend the night with me.  Older DD has a friend staying over and younger DD preferred to hang with me.  TF is self-quarantining from me for a couple weeks, his older son has a coworker that tested positive for COVID and he was sent home to WFH.  According to HR the chance of infection is slim but they want everyone to self-quarantine.

Sue, I am not comfortable riding on roads in general.    Hope you get all the things on your list done!

Kat, hope work goes well.

Karen, nice 16!  Have an awesome vacation!

Lisa, another 50K?!  You go!    Nice that you will have an in-person race coming up!   I agree with you about the ex...  I see nothing but issues in that relationship.  Oh well.

Liz, sorry about the rough day!  Sounds like a fun Saturday that you have planned!

Hi Carol!  Always good to see you check in!

Elina, hope you enjoyed the 30K!  

Margaret, I was wondering about you.    Hope the new position is going OK.

Cathy

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

Hi everyone. I had, wait for it....another miserable run. Was planning on 10 but called it at 5. So frustrated with it. It is indeed hot and humid so I hope that is the reason but I just don't think it is the only reason. My friend who is generally slower and struggles more with the heat was just fine with her run. I just hope it is only temporary and nothing serious. And then to top it off my Garmin wouldn't upload. I have the old orange brick version so it is probably getting too ancient and needs replacing but in my mind I am NOT getting a new one until I start improving again and/or able to run longer distances. Besides which, if I get a new one then DH will want one too. He runs sporadically so his orange brick is sufficient for him IMO and I don't think two are in the budget. So I will wait a bit longer.

I am on vacation for two weeks. Normally we go to BIL's cottage but what with border being closed that's not happening. And we are still stuck over here in Stage 2 so backyard vacation it is. I have been feeling extremely moody and anti social anyway so it's all good. I have quite a few books to finish.

Lori

*it's Bertha or me. My money is on me.*

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**

Half Crazy K 2.0

5 miles this morning. Slept in a bit, so of course it was hot & sunny.

Turtles, nice 10k!

BerthaSlayer, I find heat impacts people in widely different ways. On RW, there would be people talking about how they slowed 10-30 seconds per mile in a race and this was how it should be for everyone. I'm at least 1 minute slower and often more.

Wow Cathy! Smokin pace!

Lori--I am really susceptible to the heat, so I try not to get discouraged by all the crappy miserable runs.

Karen--safe travels and have fun! Did you take the pups?

Kat--hope today is quiet at work.

Finished baking cookies, bread is on it's second rise. Dishes done. Now to vacuum...sewing is after vacuuming!!

Good morning!  (It’s still morning here, just barely.). Did 15.5 miles on some hilly trails this morning. The coast is socked in with fog so the spectacular views were hidden.  And my sunglasses were wet and fogged up and largely useless (they’re rx and photo-chromatic and I wear them for most runs since I’m nearsighted). Should have worn contacts but did not. Yet I did not wipe out!  Just took my time on the tricky technical bits.

Karen, safe travels!

CrazySue, you’re productive today.  Yum on the baked goodies.

Kat, hope work is tolerable.

Turtles, speedy 10k!  Sorry that TF has to quarantine.  Good that he’s being cautious.

Lori, sorry for the crappy run. Heat does that to me too.  Enjoy your stay-cation.

HCK, nice miles in the heat.

I’m having coffee, sitting in my car bc it’s too cold to sit outside. About 62 with a breeze. Welcome to summer in coastal NorCal. Heading over to my dad’s house from here and getting him some groceries.  Have a great weekend!

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Evening. Couldn't sleep well and still had some of the after effects of the migraine, including nausea and the aura (sleepiness, etc.). I hopped on the TM tonight to see how many I could do (I had 9 on the schedule). Ran 10. Big grin

Another HM here canceled (went virtual) (postponed from June to August). Oh, well. I get the goodies, including socks. Meanwhile the 8 hour race went forward today. It's just too hot so I didn't register.

Susan, I'm tired reading all you have to do! Hope it went well.

Kat, hoping work is quiet.

Karen, have funs and stay safe!

Cathy, great job!

Lori, don't worry about cutting distance in this heat and humidity. I don't even run outside it's so bad and kudos for still doing some out there.

HCK, nice 5.

Margaret, nice 15.

Damaris

Kilmisters

30k done! That was crazy. Runner buddy's BF dropped us out of the car as planned. 95% of the course was open sun. Crazy. There was traffic, but not too heavy, so running on the shoulder of that highway required constant focus, but didn't feel dangerous. Lots of cars honking, waving, showing thumbs up. First 10km felt like eternity. No change of scenery, just road and sun. At 17km mark my friend, as we reached a city, asked for a walking break, so, obviously we took one, the sun's beating had had a big effect. At 21st km we managed to get refreshment - fountain! Only 2kms later we realized that in this sun there was no way in hell we would get till the end w water we had left, so another stop - at gas station to get extra bottle of water to fill in the vest before we run out of the city for last few kms that were needed to reach the brewery - our finish point - random idea!!! One more walk break at 25km point (did I say SUN!!??) and we were finally there (after 3h45min). Another refreshment at the lake to get off at least some of the sweat/salt, then cold, fresh beer!!!! Lots of people there, three guys let us in front of them in the line, quote, ''you look like you need the beer more'' Big grin Then lunch, shower at running buddy's sisters place, nap, more beer and then 20min drive to local band show (which was amazing!), then 30min drive to a city nearby (another random idea) that was celebrating 100 years and had lots of live music, light installations etc. We got home around 2am. I don't even want to know how much beer I had yesterday, but surprisingly - it almost felt like drinking water (no effect) & no hangover today.

That was one of the mentally most challenging things I've done. The combination of sun, boring road kilometer after kilometer (with the exception of the city, which was about 5km out of total 30k run), a very nast climb at km9, the decision to just stop at fountain/gas station/make a walk break purely to survive the run... Not a lot of elevation meters at all, but that was not the goal.

I commented on Twitter about that nasty hill, and ex-floorball player who is following my account and is also a long distance runner commented ''oh, now at least I know who those runners were!!''. Turns out she saw us. Fun.

Also, lesson learned - Trail Sisters shirt and my new hydration vest = not a good combo. Ribs look like I've been hit by a truck in that specific area. Sleeping on stomach is going to be impossible for few days. Last weekend I had no such issue w same vest and different shirt.

I don't even know if I am more confident or less confident than before Michigan last year. More miles, more long runs. Less races, tho (only one done, which was mostly a walk + one left - in two weeks).

''What will happen if I run up the hills? Ah, volcano muscle soreness!!'' (c) Margaret

''Who needs quads anyway!?'' (c) Damaris

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

Congratulations Elina!

So I dusted off my tm and ran 10 miles because I was scared that I would flame out again. It's the longest I've run on it in years. Hard to believe I used to run fast 20s on it. I set it really slow and managed 2:09:50. I'm good with that. Now I'm tired. Lol.

Lori

*it's Bertha or me. My money is on me.*

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

Happy Sunday ladies!

8+ yesterday and 6 today. Group run was fun yesterday but it is WARM out there. I was definitely back of the pack in the group and was still going faster than I would have liked. How do these people keep up pace?! Are these all of the people I see walking at the end of the race? I was getting discouraged with myself at first but had to remind myself that I am doing what works for me! Today's run was good and I felt like I had another mile in me but didn't want to push it too much in this heat. Yuck. SO READY for cooler weather. Heck, I would settle for dewpoints in the 60's right now.

Went out to celebrate one of my BF's birthdays yesterday which was fun. Being in public pisses me off - people are so inconsiderate when it comes to this virus. I do not live by full quarantine "rules" by any means, but when I am out in public I do what I am supposed to in respect of others. A lot of people aren't and it was even making me uncomfortable. Anyway, after that HCDH and I headed over to his sisters house to celebrate his nieces birthday. Busy day yesterday! Today has been chores...

I have a 9am apt tomorrow to get my tires changed so I have to get up early on my running rest day. BOO!! Will be glad when its done though!

Susan - 13 miles seems far to me! LOL. I wouldn’t be able to hang for 50+ miles either!

Kathryn - Hope work wasn’t too awful this weekend.

Karen - Have an AWESOME vacation! You deserve it Smile Keep posting cute pics of your pups!

Cathy - Congrats on the PR! You seriously, crushed. Smart for TF to quarantine just in case. Your weather has been similar to ours!! If not worse, actually. Its a good weekend to stay in and watch movies.

Lori - I am so sorry you are feeling this way! I completely get it. Especially when you had plans set for your vacation and you can’t go! I totally think its the weather messing with your running. I think we are all in that boat right now. I am in the stage of Summer where I just don’t even want to marathon train anymore until November. Agree with Run4kupcakes, it effects people differently. In my running group, everyone is still running at their normal pace - or VERY close to it. I slow down at least 30 seconds + and I am back of the pack. I can’t let it get to me..I am doing what works for me!

Margaret - Nice run for you yesterday! I saw your Strava route and it just LOOKED like it was a beautiful run even though you didn’t have any pictures posted Smile Is it OK if I come spend Summer with you?

Docket - How you can run on the treadmill after feeling like that is beyond me! You are awesome!

Kilmisters - WOOT WOOT! Congrats on the run today!! I am trying to picture this chafe on your ribs. Thats an odd place, I am guessing its how your hydration pack was hitting? Awesome way to celebrate the run, too Smile. You are going to do so great!

BURGERS for dinner tonight!! YUM. Been craving them! Have a great evening!

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

Half Crazy K 2.0

5 miles this morning. I have no motivation to do much more than that in this heat & knowing that there is no way I am racing more than a 10k this year.

Anonymous Guest

Made it to CO and I am beat. Dogs are usually pretty bad at sleeping in the van at the beginning of a trip, which means nobody slept well last night. But we’re here and it is 74 degrees and not humid at 5 pm!

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel