Womens Running

Busy Tuesdailies (Read 23 times)

Kilmisters

Tessa, how can you read a book on TM w inevitable (even if slight) bouncing up and down (that is, of course, hardly an indicator of a good running from, but hey - it's TM)? I sometimes have trouble even w TV series; altho it mostly has to do max volume of earphones not being loud enough.

Kathy, having a good laugh w swim buddies sounds like a good workout replacement in terms of evening therapy.

This week continues to be insanely full of new events in retail market (and at this point I am just implementing ''throw everything at wall and see what sticks/looks credible'' approach to calculations) ...and it's Tuesday! It's crazy. I don't even want to think about next year when IKEA and potentially LIDL (gulp) will enter Latvian market as well. Totally changes the whole landscape.

Another May race option, by the way, is Helsinki Marathon Relay - basically marathon distance split in 4 legs, ranging from 4.3 to 7.5 miles. Already found one potential teammate; another guy, a Finnish friend of mine, was reluctant at first (''It's too much pressure to run in a team!''), but after I told we're absolutely not gunning for time, but just taking it as fun run, he seemed to consider the idea. It's the first year Helsinki offers such relay. There was something similar in Riga few years ago, but it was 4x5km.

''What will happen if I run up the hills? Ah, volcano muscle soreness!!'' (c) Margaret

''Who needs quads anyway!?'' (c) Damaris

LC Runs

Happy Tuesday, so glad it's not Monday ha ha!

3 on the TM - boring... 

Huron - so exciting that you get to retire soon!!

Elina - I think running a marathon relay would be a lot of fun, there are a few around here though I've never done one.  I know you are laughing about my 3 on the TM, I am going to try really hard to add distance this winter and do more than 3.  Today wasn't too bad, I think I had another mile in me but ran out of time lol

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

6.3 for me. I did 9x .25 second speed intervals with 1:00 minute rest. I tried to do those 25 second intervals progressively. I wasn't really keeping track though. Body pump tonight!!!

Good run but I would have rather slept in. LOL. I just didn't feel like going out there. My hamstring was twingy and my ankle was achy - probably just taper niggles. One last run tomorrow and then I am on rest mode! I am going to test out my capris tomorrow and make sure my Mizunos are still feeling comfortable. OH I did get my new Saucony Triumph ISO 3's in yesterday so I tried them out today - love them! Saucony seems to be my brand.

SO the forecast turned COLDER for Saturday. I am NOT complaining..but start time is going to be 25. It will probably get to about 37-40 by the time I finish. SO..no shorts. Some of you ladies are badass and can wear shorts in that cold..not I. I will be cold and my hair on my legs will grow back and then I will chafe. LOL. Capris it is! Most likely will have my calf sleeves on so it will be more like pants. I might even do a long sleeve shirt. We will see..probably will be a last minute decision.

HCBF is off to the beach and Ruger is at daycare. Should be interesting today since it is supposed to rain all day - Ruger hates the rain. But maybe he will have fun if he is with his buddies Wink I have this work dinner tomorrow and asked HCBF to come home tomorrow night so Ruger isn't in the crate the entire night - but he said "he will be fine" and had work excuses. Frustrating because I NEVER have work dinners..so the one time I ask he can't make it work. I love Ruger with all of my heart - but sometimes I really do feel like a dog sitter. There was a reason I didn't have a pet when I was single.

Okay. Enough random venting from me today. LOL.

Kilmisters – Nice run last night! That is perfect weather. Nothing like a rainy run to help ease the soul. LIDL is entering your market? I think we just got one of those. I have never been. I should go though I hear they have cheap stuff. OOO I like the relay option. I have always wanted to do one.

Tessa – Nice treadmill run yesterday! I am with Elina, I don’t know how you read on there! I would lost my spot constantly. No rest day after a race for you? You are superhuman like Karen. LOL.

Laura – I hate to tell you – but summer is over. LOL. Wink Are you planning on doing any races anytime soon?

HuronHeart – Wow, that is exciting! On retirement I mean. When do you plan on retiring? What capris do you wear? I have a hard time finding some that actually stay up! Believe it or not, Old Navy used to have them but of course they don’t sell them anymore. Have you put your tree up yet?

Happy Wednesday!

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Arimathea, the jacket brand is Koppen. It’s a very light, hooded jacket with a light lining. The outer layer is bright yellow waterproof stuff. As winter comes on, I just add more shirts underneath. It has two zipper pockets, high neck, hood. I got it at Dicks Sporting Goods several years ago.

Monday I decided to do some projects and purging that had been on my list for a while. Sometimes stuff just needs to be cleared out and organized. Extra things needed to get done, repotting a plant, vac with the attachments in some hard to reach places, reading some chapters in a book to read before the book talk, putting newer books away, other books. I tend to leave things around because they remind me to do them. But then they become clutter. Maybe I should just leave little notes and the clutter will be smaller. Clutter was getting me down.

The rest from running after the long one helped. Why do we feel so guilty for resting?  Did yoga.

Today I plan some yoga, a light, easy run in the park, then grocery. DC is coming to supper for a lentil soup dinner tonight.

Safe and happy runs, All! 

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

Judy - Is it similar to this? This one might just be the newer model. I think I am going to put this on my Christmas list for sure.

http://koppen.prod.tracylocke.com/products/view/women-s-rain-jacket-11167121.html

I feel guilty for resting, too BTW. Good for you on the organizing! Geez, everyone is organizing around here lately! Have fun with DC tonight!

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

YES! That's it! The pockets are deep enough that my pepper spray, flashlight drop down low enough. I adore this jacket!

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

Seloc

So how many of you really thought I would get out there after work yesterday??  Guessing not a ONE and you were right!!  Another 9+ hours of sleep last night plus a nap.  Good gravy – hoping I’ll be all slept out soon.  Woke up to a text from one of the fast girls that they were meeting.  So, I drove to the usual spot (~1mi away) at 5:20.  Waited until :25 and still nobody – figured something changed and since I hadn’t replied I wouldn’t know.  I considered just going home but got in a crappy 3mi instead.  I seemingly lost all fitness in 3 days!  Ah well, better than laying on the couch.  When I got back to my car, all their cars were there.  Apparently they were running late.  And since they didn’t know I was coming they didn’t make an effort to be on time – which they said they do if they know I'm going to be there haha  30* but the wind made it feel 22* - I shoulda grabbed a hat.

Lizzie – yeah, HCK makes a good point – if you haven’t run in arm warmers, don’t wear them the first time at the marathon!  I think you’ll be fine in short sleeves and gloves.  I just wear the cheapie $1 Dollar store gloves.  If my hands get hot I either just pull the thumbs out for a while or will carry in one hand.  Or, even tuck in the top of my shorts.  Throw away is a GREAT idea!  Even a garbage bag would work to keep you warm at the start.  I’m not a white potato fan either (LOVE sweet potatoes)!  Even French fries are only okay to me.  But, I LOVED the cauliflower tots!!

HH – sounds like a nice little catch up with your friends!  Laughing at your comment to Tessa about Ponderosa having a big name to live up to – I thought the same haha.  Hope you get a good candidate for your replacement!  Do you have to wait until someone is hired before you can retire or do you have a date set?

Laura – agreed on the dark and cold making it HARRRRRRRRD to get out there.  Your youngest is a freshman?  My sis and BIL are already planning their move post-kids, too haha.  They have 6 more years before their youngest graduates.  3mi on the dreadmill is impressive in itself!  If I can make it that far, I call it a win haha

Elina – nice 11K hee hee.  You can use K – races are in K so I think most of us can do the conversion easily enough.  No need to always accommodate the Americans haha.  Hope today isn’t too rough!  Funny – I barely remember the MN Fighting Saints but I can picture the Mascot/logo as I’ve seen it on old shirts.  Wow, you are really staying challenged at work and handling it all like the champ you are!!

Tessa – awwww I want to rub a little round kitten tummy!!  I’m with Elina and Lizzie – no way I could read on the TM.  It makes me dizzy enough just running and trying to stay on LOL  And Lizzie makes a good point – no rest day?  But, I guess you said it helps loosed things up – I get that.

Lizzie2 – you are READY, Freddy!  Awesome run again.  Ooooh, yeah, that is CHILLY for race day.  Nope, I would switch, too.  Shorts for me end at about 30*  Capris sound perfect!  I would also probably go with long sleeve shirt.  And gloves.  But, my hands are always cold.  How’s Ruger feeling?  Awww poor buddy for tomorrow but, he really will be fine.  All tuckered out from daycare today, too.  I’m with you, though, feel super duper guilty.  I even feel that way sometimes about the dang cat!  LIDL?  I have never heard of the place.  MN is always the last to get anything.  And not like I would ever shop there.  I think I’ve been to IKEA once in my life haha  My capris always fall down, too.  Oh no – ON doesn’t sell them anymore?  Those are the only kind I own!

Judy – hooray for purging!  Feels so good.  Hmmmm – I might have to buy that jacket for myself for Christmas!

Ugh – have to do my self assessment by Friday.  I despise those.  Have a good day!

dhuffman63

Trails

Elina,your country is so small I can't imagine IKEA coming in and not disrupting things.  There is an Aldi in Joplin and LIDL is opening stores in the NE (Lizzie area) and already other grocers are having fits.  No IKEAs nearby.  Of course the US is so large we can absorb things like this.  I can't imagine the work/chaos you'll be under. 

Lizzie, 25 degrees and I'd be in my fleece lined tights and several layers.  Like Ginny I do not enjoy the cold. The older I get I'm finding I don't like either extreme=too hot or too cold.  Can't think of anywhere I'd be happy living.

Laura, I'm for 3 on the TM tonight.

Tessa, I can listen to a book on the TM but can't even walk and read a book at the same time.

Kathy/HH, I missed the retirement post...what?  That would be awesome and awful at the same time for me.  I have to stay busy cause otherwise I just go nuts.

Judy I have one like that but I can't remember who it's from (I'll look tonight)...light weight running jacket with zippered area in arm pits to vent.  Mine is bright red.

DH is taking Jasmine to the vet this morning.  We've been giving her some boiled chicken and she scarfs that down but still has issues with pooping.  I'm hoping they do some blood work and check for parasites.  I looked online and there's so many possibilities.

Weather here is crappy...cold mist, and just really dreary...reminds me of London in the winter.

Judy, I cleaned out my spice drawer this weekend....been meaning to but just hadn't.  Threw out stuff that was way past the use by date. Actually felt better doing it.  I too feel guilty taking rest days.

Well I should get to work even tho boss is at the Mgr's retreat and I don't really have anything to do.

dhuffman63

Trails

Sandy I'm not sure how you and the other cold weather runners do it.  I am so thankful I have a TM in the house but sometimes feel bad when I don't use it as there is no reason not to run but...some days are just hard no matter what.  I did do my 50 squats, 25 1 leg squats, and 25 lunges with yoga stretches.

I'm working to the everyday so something exercise related with a goal of beginning for real in Jan cause I know Nov and Dec might be difficult to maintain.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  Busy day today and I have Pilates and 8 miles tonight.

Elina, sounds like a fun race.

Laura, nice 3.

Lizzie, stop with the taper niggles!

Judy, enjoy your activities today.

Sandy, sleep is good, though!

Diane, good luck at work.

Damaris

Quick fly by! 4.5 w Crazy Jeffrey this morning.

Diane--DH situation sounds hopeful.  Agree--Try EAP. Hope the horse has improved.

Tessa--DF feels good but no sea duty --he was supposed to sail Saturday, but he is still on light duty.

Kitties!!  I can't read while on the TM either.

OMG...So I(we) am writing a class that is modeled after another class.  Boss just changed all the formatting.  Ugh.  I can't make it work yet.  So frustrating.  It is fine if someone else writes it, but when I write, the exact same thing is no good.  Sign.  three dayweekend threedayweeekend

Meeting with the wedding planner in an hour. Smile

Kilmisters

Discussion w boss and development department went well! Had to drive to office for the 60min meeitng (it's only 5 miles and there was issue w accessing certain servers I wanted to place files on), but it was worth it. Crazy how during that hour at least 7-8 different subjects were touched / future actions plans agreed upon. IKEA, LIDL, reconstruction impacts, new objects, price levels, everything. To do list had as many things crossed out as added. Plus, huge competitor supermarket is opening after being reconstructed... Today. Which I found out about... Today. Gah! See what I mean? Smile

Sandy, I didn't believe you'd go out for a run, but, as a friend of mine loves to say, ''didn't want to spread the negativity thus remained silent'' Big grin Thanks for letting me use kilometers, that way the distance seems longer Big grin

Laura, why would I laugh about 3mi TM run? Smile

Lizzie, speedwork again? What form of taper is this? Big grin

Diane, IKEA entrance will be nothing; share of sales our stores create from comparable product groups is rather small, thus certain categories will be hit considerably, but overall the effect shouldn't be too big. LIDL, on the other hand, will disrupt the whole landscape. Their potential spots (places they have either bought land at or have shown serious interest) are all over the country and veeery close to our ''golden'' stores. Cold weather running is the best! Refreshing literally and figuratively Big grin

''What will happen if I run up the hills? Ah, volcano muscle soreness!!'' (c) Margaret

''Who needs quads anyway!?'' (c) Damaris

dhuffman63

Trails

"Cold weather running is the best! Refreshing literally and figuratively Big grin"  Elina, I'm actually starting to lean that way, biggest complaint is when I get cold my nose runs and there's nothing I can do about it and it's kind of gross wiping my nose on my gloves the whole time.

I certainly can see how disruptive LIDL will be.  If there was a Kroger open in Miami then WalMart would have a cow.  They have NO competition.  They are the only grocery store within a hour's drive.

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

Finally and run and a post!

Pretty behind in reading, well, and running....

Laura, a belated HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Lizzie, that is sure chilly for the race!  I have tracking already dowloaded on my phone for your race.  Wheeeee.

Judy, enjoy your yoga today and dinner tonight with DC.

Sandy, a crappy 3 is indeed better than the couch, though not as comfy or warm.

Diane, in a young kitten, the first thing they will likely check is a fecal sample, bloodwork, eh.  Unlikely to yield answers.  Parasites are the first rule out in a youngster.

Damaris, enjoy your workouts tonight.

Sue, wedding planner...  How cool.

Stop the presses, I RAN!  Only 3 miles, but still.  It wasn't too bad either.  Need to keep at it and up the miles too, 3 aint gonna cut it.  I have to say, it was kind of nice to get back out there.

I deferred my Louisiana Marathon until 2019 and am not signing up for Bataan.  Too much time off and money.  Need to save both PTO and cash for next fall.  (Trip with Mom.)  Next up is Bandera 25K on Jan 6th.  It is supposed to be a very tough trail race.  I can't wait!.

Not a lot else.  Work is work, fill in days are going decently - 4 left.

Have a great Tuesday everyone.

Kathryn

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024

dhuffman63

Trails

Kat maybe by 2019 I can do the Louisiana marathon with you. I'm going through the Arkansas, Missouri, Oklahoma and Kansas race calendars and trying to pick out what to do in 2018 that is not a far drive and maybe just an overnight away to save money and PTO days so if I have to go to Biloxi I have the cash and time.

Sue, so glad to hear DF is doing well and that you are meeting with the wedding planner...so exciting.  Of course your boss is such a tool.