Womens Running

Happy 4th THURSDAYS (DAILIES) (Read 14 times)

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

Happy 4th! Enjoy!

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

Running rest day for me. Heading over to Body Pump at 8:30am.

Laura - YES! That is exactly what it is, an "out". Glad I am not the only one...

Have a great day everyone!

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  Woke up with a headache and the BP is high again, ugh.  We are heading to Pilates but I might switch my RD with tomorrow since we are meeting friends then and I don't know if I'll have time to run.  So if so, 0 or 8 tonight.

Liz, enjoy the rest.

Damaris

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

Happy 4th to you all

Today I ran 5 miles. Felt much better than Tuesday's attempt . The fact that it didn't feel as hot certainly helped

Lori

*it's Bertha or me. My money is on me.*

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**

Happy Fourth!!!

We did the local fun run this morning at the Y.  Two miles.  I ran, DH walked.  IDK how we did.  Left early so we can get stuff ready for the kids to come over in a bit.

DH just blew the fuse outside so we are trying to figure that out......

Anonymous Guest

No long run this morning. No run at all. Huckles had the poops all day yesterday and then this morning first couldn't poop, then when he finally did, still diarrhea. We had found a half eaten tennis ball the other day, plus all the other crap he tries to eat, afraid he might have a blockage. So to the vet we went. X-ray showed no blockage, so whatever he ate passed through, thank goodness. Just colitis, so he has meds and has to go on a small portion bland diet for a couple days. He is not going to like that. It took four hours because we didn't have an appointment and it was a holiday. Just now eating breakfast at noon. So most likely a rest day today.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Anonymous Guest

On the plus side, I was able to finish another book at the vet. Beautiful Bad, was pretty good. Next book doesn't expire for 5 days! I started The Unhoneymooners, which reads like a chick flick/rom com, so should go pretty fast. I still have 7 to get through though. This one was the last of the expired ones from vacation, now I am starting on the 5 that came in while on vacation, one more that slipped in before I could put a suspend hold on it yesterday, and the Catra Corbett book Kat recommended, because it was available when I checked to see if my library had it.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Seloc

Rare holiday check in cuz BOOKS. Karen.   But first running. Or in this case no running for me today. Race volunteering was super fun as it always is.  Set up and take down of both half and 5K - two different spots abt 1.5 miles apart and went between the two a couple times. Got to see my amputee friend finish the 5K with a PR on a pretty steamy day.  I saw 74* dew point so I call that steamy!  I was drenched in sweat just walking arnd shlepping signs and traffic cones.

Karen - I’ve been meaning to comment how ingenious of you to not allow the book return with no Wi Fi LOL!  Not super convenient for me since I read on my phone but good to keep in my back pocket for emergencies. I have Beautiful Bad on my list and spending the afternoon reading abt Catra. Sooooo good!!  Pretty sure it was a low budget editor with all the missed words, wrong words, duplicates, etc but I’m absolutely loving the story. And I had not even heard of her before. So, yes, thanks, Kat, for the rec!  Sorry for the Huckles drama but happy all is good.

Happy 4th and high fives to the rest of yas. Storm abt to roll through so back to reading for me.

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

Happy 4th all.

Lizzie, enjoy your rest day and body pump.

Damaris, hope you feel better.

Lori, cooler weather sure does help!!!

Sue, have a nice day with the kids!

Karen, that silly pup!  4 hours, wow, we are not usually that long of a wait even.  BUT, having the ability to see someone on a holiday is worth it.

Sandy, nice of you to volunteer.

Just got back from an OK 10.  First 4 were great, 5/6 OK, 7-10 dragged butt.  Nothing on tap for today.  Finish my one book, maybe start Born to Run.  Never read it.  It is on my Kindle.  I bought it for my trip a few months ago.  I have found I am quite old fashioned and really prefer a real book.

Have a great day everyone.

K

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Has anyone heard from Arimathea since the earthquake? Hope all is well over there! 

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

Has anyone heard from Arimathea since the earthquake? Hope all is well over there! 

I just texted Tessa to make sure, and she said she's fine.  The quake was over in the Mojave Desert and I have not heard reports of much damage.  But it certainly got everyone's attention in CA!

Lizzie, hope you got out of HCF's family gathering at a reasonable hour today.    I'm working tomorrow too, boo.  I'm glad you posted the link to your wedding website.  So nice to have visuals of stuff like your reception venue!

Damaris, hope the BP settles down soon.  Enjoy your 0 or 8.

Lori, belatedly wishing you happy Canada Day since I missed it.

CrazySue, nice fun run today!

Karen, aww poor Huck.  Hopefully the poops were happening outside?  Blergh on the heat, as always.  MTA: Forgot to mention that I know Krash (you said he's in your 2019 in 2019 group?).  He's in the ultrarunning group and we chatted briefly when he came through ALT.  He's blazing fast and a really good ultra runner.

Kat, nice 10!  I think you get the long run award today.  I prefer real books too.  I spend all day peering at a screen for work and don't want to do that for my leisure reading too.

Sandy, yay for volunteering.  Very cool that your amputee friend PR'd.  I was sad that Dave Mackey (also an amputee) wasn't able to finish Western States.  He dropped at 90.7.

I did 10 yesterday and 3 today plus a walk to the store.  DH and I were up at my Dad's house earlier but home now.  DH flies out late tonight so I'm bringing him to the airport later.  If anyone is interested in more on WS, here's my volunteering report with some pics, over in the Trailer Trash group.  https://www.runningahead.com/groups/Trailer_Trash/forum/2818ddae55ac434a8275f5fb3ce6a61c/resume#focus

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

Arimathea

Tessa

Everything OK here. Definitely felt the quake. I was on potty patrol at church (we are on the parade route so we open our bathrooms for the convenience of the public) and the ground was moving as if we were standing on the deck of a ship. All the EZ-Ups along the parade were shimmying and shaking.

The epicenter was darned close to about mile 12 of this race, as near as I can figure out: http://www.othtc.com/ultra/

Some damage in Ridgecrest and Trona, and I'm sure the Navy folks at China Lake were on full alert.

Apologies for having been out of touch. July 1st renewals were awful. And it's not going to get any better for the foreseeable future.

Still training for Spokane, though...