Womens Running

Giving TUESDAYS (DAILIES) (Read 19 times)

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

It is National Day of Giving.

Hmm..my job is giving me anger management issues at the moment? Smile

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

5 miles with 2 at tempo. Body Pump class. 1 mile walk with Ruger.

After yesterday's full day of sitting in the car, it was nice to be pretty active this morning. Run went GREAT. Was trying to keep that tempo pace around 8:30 but was around 8:09-8:20 most of the time. Now, that was HARD. Good thing I was out there early, if someone had heard me breathing they might have thought I needed help. LOL. Let me also say that that is FAST for me. To be almost in the upper 7's? Maybe my lungs aren't so black anymore Wink I can't believe it will be a year of no smoking in February!

Yesterday was a cluster. One problem after another and it was hard to do anything on the road. I ended up working until 8pm. Then of course this morning, its already started with some emails from one of my trouble sites. Trouble sites meaning...COMPLAINERS. They are just being incredibly lazy and I can't take it. I have to wait a little while before responding because im seeing red at the moment...

Just happy as a clam over here...

Karen – I hope you are feeling better today and just experiencing the normal taper madness.

Docket – Imodium is my best friend! Hope you are feeling better today.

Susan – Enjoy the time with DH’s family!

Cathy – I am so happy that you are in your own place now! I am sure that helps a lot. Your new place sounds like it is prime location 😊. I see 2020 being a great year for you! Hang in there and get that treadmill moved! 😊 XOXO. When does your new furniture come in? I have some bath and body stuff on my list this year 😊. Aw, I love that Save the Date picture! Oh, the heirloom album was AWESOME. We of course want one now. She is going to send us her pick of photos and then we will make changes/additions. A fairly easy process.

Lisa- Weight loss plan – LOL!!! Hope Firestone wasn’t too painful!

Sandy – I am sure you are glad that yearly appointment is out of the way! You have been busy!! I smiled when I read you hung lights this year! 😊 Oh man! That sucks about the phone and computer! I have some serious FOMO with you heading to TX this weekend! Its going to be so much fun!

Kathryn – I think this weekend is going to help those blues 😊

Laura – I LOL’d when I read your post last night about DS! I am sure he learned his lesson 😊

Carol – LOL..having “fun” huh? HAHA.

Happy Tuesday!

Anonymous Guest

T-4 days and so far so good. My irritated throat/cough came back during the day yesterday, but then I woke up again this morning feeling perfectly fine. Still taking my Zicam every three hours. I think we'll go get the van out of storage on Thursday so DH can get it ready Thursday night. Dogs have a kennel reservation from Friday-Sunday with a bath at the end (they are a little stinky from their Thanksgiving stay). I didn't realize how much I was stressing over the Friday plan until Kathryn took charge and organized/gave me a bit of a timeline. I spent hours yesterday on a spreadsheet with potential good and bad paces, what I think I'll need each time around, etc. And then applied for two more jobs I found online - now let's all cross our fingers for the p/t one. I feel like if one of these jobs were local I'd have already gotten it, but there seem to be more people out there like me who are willing or want to WFH and take a job they are overqualified for. Plus the pool of applicants is bigger. Hopefully eventually the right one for me will happen.

Oh, I ran 3 easy miles yesterday. Rest day today. Just groceries and the dry cleaning and a little house cleaning.

Liz, great job on the tempo! 8:18 was my target tempo pace in the spring training for Glass City. That ain't easy. We will miss you this weekend! According to my new spreadsheet, Sandy's loop should start sometime between 9-11 pm Saturday night......we should facetime you. Also, that reminds me I should send all my pacers my spreadsheet so they can update with actual times from tracking if they want to get a better idea of when they will be starting.

Cathy, I'm so glad you got moved into your new place. If my sister's experience is any indication, the stress will lessen and you will end up happier. I love seeing how much happier she is now a few years post divorce. And I'll be honest, I like her boyfriend now a lot better than I ever liked her husband!

Sandy, I have ordered up some stellar weather for you this weekend. Sunday after we're done (please God wait until after we're done) it's supposed to get up to 77 degrees. Saturday overnight around 55. Your Thanksgiving sounded nice - no annoying sick uncles around.

Susan, safe travels to you on the way to SD!

Lisa, I laughed at Cathy's "weight loss plan." For some reason with less training this year I feel more confident. Maybe because it's no longer the unknown. Well, once I get those last 4 pesky miles out of the way first.

Kathryn, thanks for helping me stay sane so far. If I haven't told you how much I appreciate you lately, I most certainly do! The work schedule stuff sounds positively frustrating.

Laura, sorry - laughing a little at DS' expensive lesson. I don't blame you if you slack off a little in winter training. DH took a bicycle with us for Thanksgiving. I told him it was going to be cold and rainy, but his training has been crap and he didn't want to miss so many days. He went out Thursday morning while we were running the Turkey trot and made it a whopping 9 miles. Friday it was a little warmer but he said he was still cold from Thursday so that ended up being his only ride.

Carol, oh my gosh, 6 days with a 2 yo? I know you'll enjoy a lot of it, and I'm wishing for patience and rest for the rest of it!

HCK, I laughed at your neighbor's bulldog. DH was watching the dog show while the rest of us played cards and also wanted the golden to win instead of the bulldog.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  I didn't run last night because my stomach was still meh last night but today I feel better.  7 tonight.

Liz, nice run.

Karen, eeek.  Almost there.

Damaris

Anonymous Guest

Hahahahaha, at least the weather forecast is better this year. I apparently have remained the same! I didn't get sick last year, I'm not getting sick this year!

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

RTurtles

Running with the Turtles

Happy Tuesday!  The week is just crawling along...   Got 3 miles in yesterday afternoon, ended up running most of it in the woods to avoid the wind!  It was in the low 20's with the wind, which is way too cold for me right now.     Will see if I can get out and run again this afternoon.  Thank you for all the support, ladies!  I really do appreciate it.  Also, knowing that many of you have traveled this path before and are now flourishing does help.  Being single again at the age of 50 after 20 years of being with the same person is going to be strange.    I'm just hoping that the kids adjust quickly.  Sunday night was DD's first night without me and she said she cried.  But she was pleased to say that she didn't cry last night.  I pick her up to take her to the bus stop or school in the morning and I see her in the afternoon to walk the dogs so I will still be seeing both girls most days.

Lizzie, awesome tempo miles!  That is fast for anyone.     You should be really proud of yourself and your clean lungs.     I hope your day gets better!   I have the family room loft area set up with a sofa and TV.  The downstairs sofa is supposed to come sometime this month.  Older DD got a lofted bunk bed that hasn't arrived yet either.  She just slept on the floor of DD's room and she was content.     Talking about fast, Mr. Math ran his first 10K road race on Sunday.  He ended up finishing 2nd overall, in just over 43 minutes, averaging a little over 7 minute miles.  And he said he didn't really run his fastest because he didn't feel like it!  They had a 5K at the same time, the 10K was two loops so he didn't know until the 5K finished that he was second.

Karen, I am so excited for you!  This will be an epic weekend.  I wish I could be there!  Crossing my fingers for the job!

Damaris, enjoy the 7!

Carol, haha, yes, that was my reaction too, why go all the way to Bayshore and just do the 10K?    Apparently the group that he is meeting are all doing the 10K so he decided to just do that.  I guess the trip is not a big deal to my RB.  He drove out to run Boston last year!   It sounds like you will be very busy this week.  

Kupcakes, DD loves bulldogs.  That is hilarious about your neighbor's bulldog.

Laura, glad DS survived.    I always kept a shovel in my trunk when I drove a smaller car non-4 wheel drive car.  It came in handy.    Yes, I am already loving being in a separate household!  I was running the old household and preparing the new one and it was exhausting.

Kat, DD has been begging me for a dog.  I am really a cat person.  We shall see.  Knowing that some breeds are more prone to health problems is a good thing to know!  I also have allergies so it will take some time to find the perfect dog.    I hope your work comes up with something to improve your schedule.  Sounds really frustrating.

Sandy, it wasn't that impressive that I ran on Saturday.  I could only stand it for 3 miles.    Your phone and laptop?  That sucks!  Sounds like you had a great Monday.  You should have had a mammogram too and it would have been perfect.  My siblings are not exchanging gifts for the adults this year and my 23 year old nephew also said he didn't want gifts.  That will be nice.  I don't think my brother likes it though so I may just get him something small as a surprise.    When I was single I didn't really bother with doing much decorating for Christmas.  I really love having a tree now though.  I am jealous of the weather you will be enjoying this weekend!

Lisa, thanks for the laugh.    That is not an inaccurate statement though.  You win the award for best reaction to the divorce news.

Cathy

LC Runs

Happy Tuesday!

3 on the TM for me this morning, it actually wasn't too bad.

Lizzie - nice pace this morning!!  Ugh on the cluster at work yesterday, I feel your pain!

Karen - this weekend will be so much fun!

Damaris - glad you are feeling better, have a good run later!

Cathy - that is great you will see the girls most days.  It is nice to still live close by when you have kids.  My ex and I live 1 mile from each other, our house together was 1 mile away and then he re-married and moved basically behind my house!

Arimathea

Tessa

National Day of Giving, hah. I'm being given lots of emails from various entities with their hands out saying "gimme, gimme, gimme". To which my response is "delete, delete, delete".

Cathy, I'm sorry to hear this, however you have received plenty of good advice. And speaking for myself, having become single just before I turned 51, I am of the opinion that single is MUCH better than unhappily married. (Yes, I'm a widow, but the marriage died along with Dan's mind long before his body did.) Your DDs are sensible young women and will do fine.

Laura, OTOH, your DS sounds very much like my two lads. How can the young male brain think that a 1/2" windshield wiper can clear 4" of snow and ice?

Karen, no, you are not getting sick. You will be fine. And I'm sure the weather will be much better than last year. (Short of an ice storm it could hardly be worse!)

Lisa, giggling over retiring with the aid of the good folks at Firestone.

Damaris, breakfast of champions? All's well that ends well.

Kat, hope you and work can come to an agreement on the schedule.

Sandy, nice of you to return things that belong in the old house.

Liz, your parents' tree sounds lovely. Nice of HCH to help your dad with it!

Kupcakes, chuckling over your neighbors' dense bulldog. Dense in all senses of the word, I think. They can be sweet dogs but you're right, they are ugly.

Susan, safe travels to SD. DD is glad not to be there. Fond memories but she likes the new town better.

Started the Run Up to Christmas campaign at work with a 30K on Sunday. Ridgecrest. We could not have asked for better weather. High 30s at the start and mid 40s at the end, snow on the desert (yes, it does snow in the Mojave) and on the mountains all around us, overcast but not raining and NOT WINDY.

2.8 this morning. Hoping to get to the gym today -- I actually made it there yesterday!

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

Lizzie, sorry your one site is a pain.  Glad you got a great run in.  Feb, really??

Karen, glad to have helped you out some, it's my job!!!  Breathe deep and relax.  You got this.  Gosh, that weather last year was the pits.  I was getting all prepared for another similar weekend a bit back, glad to see it won't be necessary!!!!!

Damaris, glad the tummy is better this morning.

Cathy, if you ever have questions on dogs, feel free to message me.  Lots of cute purebreds ($$$) and mutts.  Steer clear of pound puppies that aren't puppies.  So many are in shelters for a reason.  Not that you can't get awesome ones there.  I think first time dog owners should start with a clean slate and not worry about bad habits of adults surrendered.  (Speaking from experience of my own....)  There are also rescue groups for specific breeds.  They are fostered so the foster families have a better understanding of the temperament and habits.  Those as adults are better vetted.  Just my feelings, there are tons of opinions out there.

Laura, too funny (kind of) about DS and the snow.  Ah, the trials and tribulations of winter driving.  Something I don't miss.

Tessa, nice to see you!  Miss you around here more often, you are such a busy bee.

HCK, bulldogs are indeed nice pooches in general, just so many issues.

Work, no word.  Kind of concerned overall.  Our company filed bankruptcy (restructuring) and things are a bit of a mess currently.  We have been assured all is OK, but some of our supply accounts have been cut off and it is getting dicey in the clinic.  I will ride it out as long as it lasts I suppose as there are some benefits to me.  Though not to me switching days obviously!

Crap, time to drag my booty into the shower and off to work.

K

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Cathy, catching up with yesterday, sorry you are going through this but I know you will come out of this better. Hugs and let us know if you need anything.

Damaris

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

Day from Hell over here. Only because of this one site. They have a VERY OLD pneumatic system that my client won't pay the $$ to update. Well, when we have season changes where it is cool in the morning and warm in the afternoon, it doesn't know what to do. It can't change from heat to air very easily. Plus we have some other issues that are in progress. They seriously email me 5x a day plus 2 phone calls. This has been going on for 2 weeks. I can't take it anymore. They want the system replaced but that is not my call. There is really not much more I can do. Just now got another email about ANOTHER complaint. I was in tears just with frustration!!!!!!! I just stopped answering. I have tried to over communicate with them and its just making it worse. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!

Karen – Glad you are feeling better! Are you getting excited? I know stress is in there! I don’t even know how you began on those spreadsheets. That makes my head jumble. I hope you hear back from the jobs! You are right, the right one will come along. YES!! Feel free to Facetime! I might actually be looking at Christmas lights that night with HCDH and his sister! You could have A sparkly distraction 😊. Its all coming together! Super pumped for you.

Docket – Glad you are feeling better today! Have a good run later!

Cathy – Nice run yesterday! Trail running 😊. I can’t wait to see single Cathy! 😊 Not that you would go crazy or anything, but I think this weight loss plan is going to make you so much happier! Mr.Math is not human.

Laura – Nice treadmill miles! How has your work been going?? I didn’t realize you lived so close to your ex!

Tessa – Run Up to Christmas campaign? That sounds fun! How does it work?

Kathryn – Wow, I hope everything is ok with your job!

Have a good afternoon/evening everyone!

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Monday was also 45 minutes.

Tuesday was 45 minutes running on the TM but without intervals. I walked 15 minutes both days.

Moving. Is there something in the water on this thread???  If there is, I must have had some.

Cathy, many hugs to you! You already sound much better. <3

It appears I must ready myself to move to another apartment in this same building after the first of the year. I'm excited about it. I packed stuff I can do without yesterday. Monday morning I picked up boxes. This morning I found other packing materials. I needed tissue paper since I am doing the kitchen crockery and other stuff first. Does packing of dishes for 4 hours count as cross training?  Box gathering? 

Also I picked up boxes to pack my personal library. I'm donating all sorts of stuff to charity that I had packed away, but won't use any more. Purging has been done before this when I realized I would be waiting for another unit but not nearly on this scale. All of a sudden, one opened up so I am packing. The time is already flying by.

Doing all this packing has me more tired that I ever was in prior moves. Maybe that's because I'll be 77 when this one happens. The last one was in the end of 1992.

Happy exercise, All ! 

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

Half Crazy K 2.0

Strength training.

Lizzie, ugh on the complainers.

Turtles, was it super windy? Running in the woods in high winds freaks me out when the trees start creaking.

Taco Tuesday!  Easy run with hill repeats yesterday, SRD today.

Judy, that definitely counts as cross training.

Karen, glad the hint of a cold has faded away. And glad the forecast for B.B. is looking good!

Turtles, all the best to you on the big changes you have made.  Sounds like it was time. And it sounds like things are moving in the right direction, even if it feels a bit odd and different right now.

Lizzie, ugh in the annoying, whiny account.

Kat, more ugh on the job stuff.

Kat, Sandy — sounds like a fun weekend in store for B.B.!

Damaris, sorry about the bad tummy!

Tessa, meant to tell you that there was a wee baby Tessa at our Thanksgiving potluck.  About a year old. Eating everything in sight.

LC, nice TM miles.

HCK, nice job on strength training. I’ve let that slide.

Hi to anyone that I missed!  Back to my tacos and beer.

6/9/24 Cinderella Trail Run 50k, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

Arimathea

Tessa

Margaret, there are a lot more Tessas around now. When I was a kid I was the only one, and I was very envious of the Karens and Lisas and Donnas and Lindas whose names were on those racks of toy license plates for the backs of bicycles. My name was never, ever on there. My brother's always was. (His name is John.)  Then the name started being used for dogs. Sigh. Finally it became more popular for baby girls. The year I was born my name wasn't even in the top 1000 for girls. It's now hovering  in the low 200s, has been in the 200s for the past 20 years.

Liz, tell them to dress in layers and be glad they have a climate control system at all.

Judy, moving? What brought this on?

Did not make it to the gym. Did not get a lunch either.

WFH tomorrow, which is a good thing since there is the forecast of 2" of rain. I may or may not run tomorrow.