Womens Running

Warming Up Wednesday Supermoms (Read 31 times)

Marathonjen

Shelby - It sounds like H is very normal for his age.  He cries because he has separation anxiety which is normal and will get better.  His language is fine.  At J's 15 month appt. his doctor said that they should be saying mama, dada, and 1 or 2 other words...so if he is doing that he is fine!!!  I wouldn't worry...with J it was overnight that it seemed like he started trying to mimic what we said...H will get there too...I wouldn't worry.

Spike - Thanks for the advice.  I think the pen I ordered says it's non-toxic...the ones I bought at the store were not safe and that is why I am returning them!

superspike113

Honorary Old

I forgot to post my exciting RR- I'm going to break 70 miles this month for the first time since Sept. WOOT! Hoping for 80 mpm min averages for Feb and beyond.

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

ernie - I am not that strict with progression runs, I just try to speed up over the course of the run.  I have a end pace in mind.

bermy - I thought your toy was going to be something of the same idea that B has, they are squares that fit into each other stacking or standing on end.  The design is excellent but I'll never be able to google up a picture.

jen - yes, he thinks I will smoke him, even though my recovery runs are the same pace as his runs.

mer - as I said, most mornings I am either out running, very close to going out running, or at work when B and G get up, so DH does it all.

alison - yes DH has improved a great deal, but still terrified to run outside.

sorry..it is naptime..gotta quit here.

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

http://runningskirtsandmanicures.blogspot.ca/ 

runswithrocky

Zorbs - saw your post on Kiehl's stuff helping.  isn't it awesome?  and i never say that about products, i usually figure they are just trying to get my money through marketing.  anyway, glad it is helping.  Em gets excited now when she sees the kiehl's tub.  I probably shouldn't "waste" it on a toddler, but whatever, it works and her face isn't cracked and dry anymore.

Spike - way to go on the mileage!

ok gotta run, sorry for the spotty personals.

Erniegirl

Bermy - Congrats on DH's promotion! That's very exciting! The butternut squash and apple ravioli sounds very different. I'm intrigued to hear how is turns out.

Jen - Oh, boo to DS throwing his food on the floor just when you thought he was having a good dinner. It sounds like he just gets tired and cranky at the end of a busy day. Glad he cheered up for you after his timeout! I hope you can find a pair of jeans you love to replace the skinnies. Jeans are hard to shop for.

Mer - DS dancing sounds like so much fun! Yes, a night away for just DH and I sounds like a wonderful idea. We are leaving S with a babysitter and going to a wedding next weekend, so I'm excited for that.

running eh - Ewww on the toothbrush in the toilet! I am sure it's only a matter of time before S tries that trick. I also hate running on the TM...in fact, I haven't run on one for 2 years, but I am thinking of buying one so I don't have to miss runs with the weather is awful,

CAR - It seems like a lot of people are getting hit with the flu these past couple of weeks. Ha, your M and my S sounds very much alike, with their love of nudity and getting into everything! And my DH is also "allergic" to anything vegetarian. Especially tofu.

Arm - Poor DD. I hope she can kick that bug soon! Honey wheat bread sounds really yummy. I did get the lotion cleaned up, but it took a few tries to get it scrubbed right off so the bathroom floor wasn't slippery.

mrszm - I hope the roads are clear in time for you to meet your friend! Ugh on the disgusting coffee this morning. That is a terrible way to start the day!

Cx2 - You must be relieved to have that speech almost done!

Jmiller - I would be cranky, too, with just a bagel to eat all day. I think I'd go with a rest day today and an easy run tomorrow if you were feeling sluggish yesterday. You want your last run before your race to feel good.

Shelby - Aw, DS sounds so smart but so sad to hear that he was crying at the door at 2:45. Might have been better for the teacher not to tell you that. Hope your quiz went well in class!

Spike - We have a carpet cleaner and I think it's great. We clean the carpets seasonally as a rule but it has also come in handy so many times for cleaning up food and drink spills and all the messes S makes. Good job on your mileage this month!

5k - 20:46          10k - 41:27         10 mile - 1:15:32          Half marathon - 1:39:15      

runswithrocky

Spike - our carpet cleaner actually does a better job than the last two "professionals" that we had come in.  So I would definitely get one.

Shelby - if you want him to sleep when he's overtired, do you ever babywear?  like an ergo?  when Em is like that she is usually clingy, but I need to do stuff, so I throw her in the ergo and that usually calms her down enough that she'll either 1) be awake, but happy and still sort of tired or 2) she'll fall asleep.  Or I just put her in the crib and she'll cry and then pass out.  But she's old enough now that I don't want her to nap when she gets home (unless she's sick or something) because then she won't sleep at night, so usually I just wear her and keep her up by talking to her.

BermyHorse

DS is on nap strike again. He is in a good mood, just no nap today so might not be able to get round to personals. Core class was fab. Feel sufficiently worked!

5K 21.12   10K 50:12   HM 2:07   FM 3:50:31

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

mzm - bummer on the snow messing with your plans. Mmm looove tater tot casserole, I dont' think I've had it since college, but it sure is yummy. I'm doing two halves this spring, one in April and one May - the may one is my A race.

cx2 - I still suck at sleeping in - even before O was born... but I was never good at it.

jm - I'd probably rest, more rest is better than too little at least for me. Wow that sounds like a long day - I'd pass out w/o food for that long!

shel - wow on the long TM run! He'll adjust to daycare with time, could you talk to them about his naps? I'm sure that'll get better also with time.

spike - our cars are always dirty in the winter, it's a losing battle with all the freezing adn thawing. We all eat junk here and there, M and i had frozen pizza the other night when DH wasn't home. I vote you leave DS with DH. no carpets here, but I'm sure you'll appreciate having one when R is PT'ing - except he always is pretty good at PT'ing isn't he?

5k - 22:56        10k - 46:13          HM - 1:45:39          FM - 3:57:03

Blog: http://terryruns.wordpress.com/

superspike113

Honorary Old

CA- we put him on the potty at home, but until he is able to communicate that he has to go at daycare we are kind of at an impasse. I haven't changed a poopy diaper in a while because I can usually see when R is starting to make a poop face and I march him off to the bathroom. Occasionally he will hide behind the table and poop, but I usually get a poop and a couple of pees a day on the potty.  When the weather is nice I wash my car once a week. My work is next door to the carwash and there was a line for every stall on my lunch break today.. damn!

Bermy- Sorry about the napstrike.

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07