Womens Running

FFRRIIIYYAYYYYYY!!! (DAILIES) (Read 18 times)

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

Its FRIDAY!

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

20.2 for this girl Smile

I had a great run this morning!! Temps were warm..68 dewpoint and around 70 degrees..I was surprised I was feeling so good. Maybe because I was going turtle slow. And I mean..TURTLE slow. I took a pit stop in the woods around mile 11 and then after that I was speedy! Maybe because I weighed less? LOL!! I had to keep myself in check and try to slow down! I was getting close to race pace towards the end. Miles 14-19 were rough..just mentally. When I hit mile 14 I was on my last loop and I was over it Smile But..ITS DONE. I have one more run tomorrow..a short one..and then CUT WEEK! Cut week miles are around 40. I am looking forward to sleeping in a bit more Smile

I taped the toe last night - thanks to everyone who suggested that! It hurt pretty good for the first 3 miles but then the pain went away. Or it went numb Smile It actually looks better than yesterday. Still swollen and purple..now it has a big ol' blister. That is probably just from rubbing during the run.

I am at work. Ugh. I was so close to calling out but decided I need to save my PTO. Too bad I can't work from freakin HOME!! Hopefully this day flies by. We are meeting (via phone) with a photographer tonight. I somehow have to make time to get some mussels and shrimp for the seafood boil. We are all chipping in so my parents dont have to pay for everything. Maybe I can swing by the store on my way home tonight since I get off at 4. I have to get eggs for my FRENCH TOAST DINNER. Yeah thats right. I am on a french toast kick.

Okay enough blabber from me. I won't go into the argument I had with my mom last night...sigh.

Diane – I looked for the toe caps but could not find them!

Run4kupcakes – We have standards for the temp around here…but our computers have been wrong many times!

Have a great day everyone!

ginnyb

Oh Lizzie sorry you argued with your mom.  Weddings can be so stressful unfortunately!  Good job on the run this morning and glad the toe isn't too bad.

I feel so good!  I ran 3 miles this morning and they were really good miles, even the 1st one!  That doesn't happen often.  Then I went and worked upper body at the gym and I really pushed myself to keep up, I was in the group this morning and I did pretty damn good if I do say so myself!  All in all a great morning so far.  Too bad I have to work.

Tomorrow I am definitely going to Cleveland to find some shoes!!

Ginny

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

dhuffman63

Trails

Lizzie here's what I was thinking of...some of the ladies who do ultras were talking about using these: https://smile.amazon.com/ZenToes-Pack-Gel-Toe-Protector/dp/B01N915IHG/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?s=hpc&ie=UTF8&qid=1532697605&sr=1-1-spons&keywords=toe+caps+toe+protectors&psc=1

I've never used them.  When my horse stepped on my toe at an endurance ride I wrapped my toe and foot in vet wrap, put my boot on and just sucked it up.  She broke my pinky toe on my right foot.  Putting weight on it in the stirrup hurt some but the pain went away.  Also took some Tylenol...lol.

I did 5 on the TM last night...tonight is a rest day.  It was 65 this morning and foggy.  High of 89.  Much nicer than the 100 degree days of last week but hard for heat training...lol.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  I'm sore and not sure if it's the meds or that I keep putting my TM too fast during the run, ha.  Pilates and 6 tonight.

It feels like 99F at 9:30am.  Same old, same old.  I can't breathe from the 78 dewpoint either.  Blah.

Liz, nice job on the 20.  Sorry about your mom.  This is why we ended up marrying by ourselves.  Fuck everybody.

Ginny, nice 3.

Diane, nice 5.  enjoy the rest day.

Damaris

Seloc

15 mi for this cat.  Foggy so plenty sweaty but cool  Felt better than I expected!  Especially for day 4 in a row of running.  But, it SURE was nice not to be sore from TRX/Bells like I usually am on Saturdays.  I like that class but really do not like that it is only on Fridays.  They are re-doing the road by my house and are now at my section.  When I left for my run it was still open.  Coming back here are all the workers on the path tearing it up.  I did NOT want to go all the way around so I just went by on the grass.  One worker dude said "you probably do not want to be jogging here" or something.  Apparently I was going slow since he said "jogging" LOL  I just said that it wasn't like this when I left so good to know now and I'll have to go a different way for the next few weeks haha.  He was kinda cute, too, but I looked like a drowned rat.  Oh yeah, and I did loops (6mi, 6mi, 3mi) so I could get water at the school and the worker boys all said hello to me haha.  I'm sorta jealous of you that do not see anyone!

Yesterday's bus escapades...  was happy I made it to the chiro on time.  Oh how I love my chiro.  Although as SOON as I got off the bus it decided to rain.  Hard.  Managed to fish out the small umbrella I carry but my legs/feet were soaked!  Passing shower so it had stopped by the time I walked to the office.  After appt was super happy I didn't have to wait long for the next bus.  But only then did I realize it was the correct number but wrong letter (68C not 68M) so it didn't go as far.  End of the line was now 3ish miles away.  I considered walking for a brief moment but then checked Uber.  Was my super lucky day that someone was close by.  That doesn't happen often here in the 'burbs!

No further Jeep updates.  I really do not expect to get it back today or tomorrow.  HH pedicure after work with an RB (yes, we bring our own HH doh!).  Working a water stop tomorrow so will get a nice long bike ride in.  That's all I've got!

Lizzie - awesome run!  Your toe looked HORRIBLE on Insta.  Glad it didn't give you too much trouble.  Okay, I'm laughing that your cut week is probably close to my max hahaha.  No wonder you are so awesome!!  Oh and I guaranTEE you my turtle slow was FAR FAR slower than yours   You and your French toast and spaghetti - you crack me up.  I will be having beer beer and more beer   Hope your day goes fast!  I wish I could invite myself to the seafood boil!  Happy Birthday to your papa!!

Ginny - great run and workout this morning!  An awesome way to start the day.  I kept thinking of you this morning when sweat was dripping off my visor and wish I was like you and didn't sweat!  So, now that you don't sweat that much, do you get hot?  And that is way WAY too cold in the library!  My gosh.

Diane - nice 5 last night.  Enjoy this evenings rest!

Damaris - oh my on that weather.  It would make me want to cry.  Slow down that dreadmill, lady!

Cathy - LOL laughing at the URD haha - yeah, maybe.  Hooray for the return of the heater/fan!  Darn thief doesn't even have the nerve to own the mistake haha.  Hope this weather holds for your long run on Sunday!  It's pretty darn nice.  But, shhhh, don't tell Lizzie - she'll hate us both.  I forget, do you have a half on the schedule?  Since your long runs do not get any longer?  Glad your foot is holding up!

I put in my grocery order so Michael is currently doing my shopping for me.  I feel like Karen when she is cooking (crockpot) and vacuuming (Roomba) while posting.    SO HAPPY to have that long run behind me.  Have a great weekend everyone!!

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Lizzie, my podiatrist told me to run early (before the toe would swell) and that running was NOT the cause of the swelling later in the day. If your toe gets any worse or you think something's not right at the foot where the toe starts, you might want to have it X-rayed to be sure there isn't a foot complication. That can make a difference.  I know. We runners do NOT want to hear it. All of us on this thread understand. :::HUGS:::

25 minute run yesterday on the TM downstairs because I was trying to get the run in and cleanup before the water was turned off. It was back on after noon so it went well.

Today I joined my running buddy and did 65 minutes with my 2017 shoes for the first time. They have a slightly narrower forefoot but the toe did not mind at all. I'm getting back to normal after 3 months of swollen toe.

Happy runs, All ! 

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

Lizzie, in agreement with Sandy, gruesome looking toe. Can't believe you were able to do 20 on it.  Amazing.  Your seafood boil sounds heavenly yummy.  Sorry you had a tiff with Mom.  Good luck with work today.

Ginny, you are my inspiration getting out there.  I would like to say I am running, but I am walking semi-briskly.

Diane, 65, jealous...  It was a cool 75 here at 8am.

Damaris, sorry you are sore.  What a bummer about having to be on BP meds, that is tough especially since it interferes so much with your running.

Sandy, woot woot on your run.  I haven't seen 15 since the end of May.  Good luck with the jeep.

Judy, yay the toe is back to normal.

Karen, I posted on our FB page about a headlamp if you want to borrow mine, it is pretty decent, though bigger.  Holler if your interested, no biggie if not.

Got up at 8 this morning and it seemed rather nice out at 75.  BUT, I had had had to get my car inspected to renew my registration.  I tried to go yesterday and the line was about 90 min long.  I left.  So I opted to try early this morning and see...  There were only 2 cars there, so it only took me about 30 min.  MUCH better.

Got 2 miles in, still felt really warm even walking and it was only 85.  ONLY.

Made my red wine roast yesterday.  I tasted it nearly done and it was meh.  Meh flavor, so I threw out some of the excess liquid and threw in the remainder of the bottle of wine in it.  MUCH better.

Nothing today except work later.

Happy Friday all.

K

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024

Anonymous Guest

6 miles for me this morning. Well, 6.16, I was running for exactly one hour. I weighed myself before and after so I could use myself as an example in my hydration talk after the group run tomorrow, and one hour makes the math easier. Was in the 70s so not so bad. Even when I finished, it was only a feels like temp of 84. I drove over to this park on the other side of town that is supposed to have hills. Um, yes, yes it does! It's small, I was doing 1-1.5 mile loops, but there are a couple good hills that I think will work well for the hill workouts for my group. I'm going to offer Tuesday night hills this year (the plan does about 8 weeks of hill workouts on Tuesday, then switches to speeedwork) Last year several of us met at the track for speedwork, but for the hills they were on their own. And it is hard to find hills in this area, so I think offering to meet up as a group will be helpful.

Groceries in a bit (Sandy, can you send Michael down?) plus I want to do a short ride on my new bike trainer. And bathroom cleaning.

Liz, nice job on the run! That toe looked pretty painful in the insta picture, glad taping it and then sucking it up until it went numb worked out. You are making me crave french toast lately - can you believe I've never made it myself?

Ginny, I love it when you're feeling good. Nice job on the run and the workout.

Diane, thanks for the link. I've heard people talking about toe caps, but I had never seen them and couldn't quite picture them. I could see how they might help.

Geez, Damaris, I give you a couple weeks of easy running and you can't help yourself......the TM speed is creeping up, isn't it? I guess this means it's time to start back with the harder workouts......

Sandy, your life right now is just really entertaining for me, so thanks. Between the running, er jogging, encounters, the bus adventures, and somehow still making a social life work, your post have just been fun to read. Also, 15 miles on a Friday morning? That's Lizzie-like! Nice job.

Nice running Judy. Glad the new-to-you shoes worked out.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

RTurtles

Running with the Turtles

Happy Friday!  Rest day for me today.  Good thing, it was only in the 50's this morning so it probably would have been too cold to run.  Haha!  Our high today is only supposed to be 73.  Weird weather!   Thinking about getting some strength in tonight.  

Lizzie, awesome 20!!   Long, slow and steady is OK.  That's what she said?     Do you bring toilet paper with you when your run?  I'm glad the toe made it through!   Hope your day goes well!  Have a great bday celebration with your family!  Ugh on the argument with your mom.  Yeah, the plan I'm following does not increase the long run.  It will be interesting to see how the race goes, since for my last half marathons I've gone up to 14-18 miles for my long run!  The weekly mileage stays around 30 mpw.

Ginny, see, you mention not having good runs and then you have one!    Sounds like you had a great upper body workout also!  You are very inspiring.

Damaris, sorry about the same old.    On the plus side, you look great in the new outfit!

Sandy, nice long run for you also!  Nice that you have it done.  Haha, did you tell the dude that you are shuffling?    Yes, I have a half in November.  I decided on Madison on November 11.

Kat, nice that you got the car reg taking care of and the 2 miles in!

Cathy

ginnyb

Sandy, you asked about the no sweating and I have wondered if that is the reason that I have suffered with the terrible muscle cramps after my last few half marathons!  It didn't happen after every one, but enough that makes me very leery of running another, although I am going to run others.  I think my DH is more fearful than I am, as he is the one that has to watch me go through it.

Ginny

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

dhuffman63

Trails

Ginny I don't sweat much either and when I do it's mostly my face.  Do you take salt tabs or other electrolytes?  I use S-Caps if it's going to be warmish.  I've not cramped during or after a run just before I get out of bed and not every night.   It is frustrating.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Geez, Damaris, I give you a couple weeks of easy running and you can't help yourself......the TM speed is creeping up, isn't it? I guess this means it's time to start back with the harder workouts......

I walked into this myself, didn't I...

Damaris

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

Sandy – GIRL!!! NICE RUN!!! I am laughing out loud at the jogging comment. LOL. See, that is why I do most of my runs in the dark. I hate being seen! Especially after 2+ hours of running..I am sure I am the one looking like a drowned rat Smile Did you not carry any water since you did the loops? Do you have a backpack for your longer runs? I need a bigger water reserve. Not sure how big mine is but I always run out when doing 20+ miles. Almost called HCF to come bring me some water! Oh man, you are living by the bus schedule these days! I would have called Uber too Smile Man, hope the Jeep gets fixed soon! I would invite you to the seafood boil if you lived here! For sure! Isn’t it awesome to have the LR done?? Man, I like to do them on Fridays. I hope Michael picks out some great items at the grocery store Smile That would be a good part time job..hmmmmm… Have a great time tonight and good luck at the water station tomorrow!

Ginny – I am scared to talk to my mom. LOL. I am afraid she will just snap on me. She did yesterday. Glad I have Xanax. Wow, awesome workout this morning! Glad you felt so good!!!! YAY for shoes! Let us know what you find!

Diane – Thanks for the link!! I might give it a try! Yes, my pain did the same thing..it went away after a while. Nice run last night! What is the weather going to be like Sunday? Are you going to go outside??

Docket – UGGHHHH your weather. I am with Sandy, I would cry. Or take up swimming. Good luck on the treadmill tonight..slow it down Smile I am getting the elope itch lately…

Judy – OH..thanks for the info! Good to know that the long run didn’t cause the swelling. I will go in if it gets any worse. You just now used shoes that you got in 2017?! Smile

Kathryn – SCORE on the car inspection! Nice job getting out there! That wine roast sounds YUMMY!!

Karen – Nice 6+ this morning! Yay for finding a hilly trail! Ew..who wants to do bathroom cleaning after a good run? Smile You have never made French toast yourself?! Its so easy!

Cathy – ONLY in the 50’s? I am internet slapping you. LOL. Super jealous. Toilet paper – YES. I keep it in my CamelBak. I find your whole training plan to be very interesting. I am interested to see how the half goes. I thought you had one sooner than November, though! What are you up to this weekend?!

Have a good afternoon everyone!

Anonymous Guest

Liz! Kroger has Halo Top on sale for $3.99, plus 5x coupon you can download for another dollar off. Sadly, my Kroger was out of red velvet cake flavor, but I made do with others.

Kathryn, I saw your post on the headlamp, thank you! I may take you up on that. Hey, you got your car inspected and still got two miles in, I'd say pretty productive morning.

Cathy, yeah, you better stay inside and bundle up in that weather......sigh. I'm interested to see how your training goes for the November half and how you feel about it after the race.

Damaris, mmmmmhmmm. 

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel