Womens Running

Friday 13th (dailies) (Read 19 times)

Kilmisters

...and full moon 

Another 3k + 30min intervals + 60min floorball combo yesterday. I am ''leading'' the 3k Thursday warm-up jog; nice chance to show teammates my usual routes Big grin Smile Floorball season starts in a week!!!

Back to work..

''What will happen if I run up the hills? Ah, volcano muscle soreness!!'' (c) Margaret

''Who needs quads anyway!?'' (c) Damaris

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

16.25 miles for me. Last 12 were at MP - or AMP (Adjusted Marathon Pace).

MAN I did NOT want to do this today. I was thinking of every excuse in the book when I was smacking myself in the face at 3:50am. I just knew how awful it was outside when I went to bed last night and I was DREADING it. BUT..to my surprise it was better than expected. Dewpoint was still 72 but there was a breeze and a misty/drizzle going on. It was nice! I adjusted the MP pace miles per Coach Karen and stayed under 10:00 minute miles. I was successful. Some miles were pretty fast some were right at 10. It was NOT easy, though. I am going to be wiped out the rest of the day. Had some weird niggles in my calf. Almost like a cramp was starting but never happened. Weird. Took some extra magnesium when I got back. My stomach is also hurting. Thought it was hungry but ehh. Who knows. Maybe because I was laughing so hard at my podcast. I had to stop running a few times. Stupid humor.

I hope today isn't unlucky! A full moon AND Friday the 13th?! I am bracing myself.

Ready for the weekend! No big plans for us - some little things we need to get done for the wedding. HCF wants to go to the tattoo convention - they have an air sex competition. Yes, you read that right. LOL. I passed. OH, HCF will be 11 years sober on Sunday! Smile Smile

Karen – So happy the shorts worked out! Aren’t they super comfortable? $1,500 for all the furnishings in the condo sounds like a heck of a deal.

Docket – Electrolytes could be my issue. I take something after my runs but it may not be enough. We also are HIGH in ragweed right now. Today is the first day I haven’t had a headache and its raining – thinking it is the ragweed.

Kilmisters –  Nice workout yesterday! WOOHOO on floorball season!! Any fun plans this weekend?

Sandy - Good luck at work today!

Happy FRIYAY!!! Ruger hates this misty rain but was waiting at the door for daycare this morning. I took him..meaning he will probably need a bath later. Smile

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

Seloc

3mi early then TRX/Bells class.  Stayed up late (for me) last night watching a documentary - 10pm! and was up before 4 so hopefully I'll be able to nap from 7-10pm today before work haha.  Fingers crossed we are done in 3ish hours and not need the entire 6.  Volunteering at a Walk tomorrow but not until noon.  Then it's the big border battle on Sunday - Vikes vs Pack at Lambeau.  Go Vikes!  

Gatsby - dude, I just SMILE when I see your posts and then think of you and how AMAZING you must feel after that HUGE accomplishment!!  Glad your body is feeling pretty good!  Oooh, a milkshake after a long warm run does sound pretty good.  Now I just have to run long.  In warm weather haha

Kat - oh man, hope you found that smoke alarm!  Funny story - that same thing happened to me.  Replaced batteries in the three upstairs.  STILL BEEPING.  Completely REPLACED the one I thought it was - I'm talking wiring and everything - yep, I felt like a pretty badass electrician.  STILL BEEPING.  Turns out, it was the CO2 detector plugged into the wall that was dying due to age.  OMG was that a frustrating few days haha. Realtor coming by my place today to discuss selling and timing and such.  I've been peeking at places and like a few but will be patient.  Low inventory but I will wait for one that feels right.  I do sometimes think "hmmmm... maybe I should do some updates and stay here cuz I'm lazy and moving is a lot of work..."  but, then, nope, I REALLY want to be in a quieter neighborhood and have a yard for a pup.

Damaris - nice intervals!  Dang, no way I could "oops do an extra" haha.

Carol - yup, I would be healed if it were me    Take it easy, though, k?  Hey, did you decide on a fall race?  Any more epic trips on the horizon?  My coworker just got back from Barbados.  I may now have that on my bucket list!!

Lisa - tired is understandable but sorry you aren't sleeping well!  I agree with Karen, you do sound more like yourself - you were on POINT with the puns yesterday haha.  All those classes at the gym sound FUN!!

Liz - hey, good timing with the DL renewal since you will have a name change as well.  Oh, wait, maybe not but, I think so?  If cutover tonight doesn't go well we will back out.  So, not really any other work this weekend - I do think this will be enough.  I'm more stressed about being awake that late and long than the work itself haha.  Congrats to HCF on the 11 years!!  And, Sept is Recovery month!!  The walk I am volunteering at tomorrow is Walk for Recovery.  A fundraiser for a local recovery organization.  Good job listening to Karen!  Nice run!

Karen - awwww, shucks, I like being the fav...    Glad you like the shorts!  Yeah, waist is a bit big but I like it that way.  I wear most of my shorts/pants as low riders around my hips anyway - more comfortable.  I am NOT a mom jeans kinda gal haha.  That's awesome you have a dude (even if he is annoying haha) there to set out water.  My group does the same.  Oh, guess it's my old group hee hee.

Oh yeah, on migraines, I only recently started getting ocular migraines - basically vision blurs/see wavy lines in one eye.  It lasts about 20min or so but I never get the follow up headache.  Most definitely dehydration triggers them for me.  Especially dehydrated and accidentally getting a bright light in the eye.

Rain finally stopped here and humidity has dropped but now it's breezy and chilly!  Will try to logoff early today but nothing really to do except watch more Shameless!  Certainly no HH.  Boo.  Have a good weekend, peeps!!

Bikerchick1

Kilmisters - good for you leading the warm-up jog!!!

Liz - I admire that you can get out to run soooo early!  Congratulations to HCF on the 11 year sobriety...that’s amazing.  How is he feeling these days?

Sandy - Moving sounds exciting.  It is always nice to change things up.  I just decided to run a half on our way to Florida in November.  It is just a smallish one in Bowling Green, KY.  We are traveling to see my MIL and thought I would check KY off my list.  How about you???  No big trips planned...sadly.  I think Barbados would be amazing.

Laura - Looks like you had great weather for the 8 miler!  Are you doing any of the Winter Warriors?  Can’t believe someone hung up on you the other day - WTH!!!

Pouring rain with thunderstorms here this morning.  Not sure what my plans will be for running...lots of other things I need to do around here. I’m loosely following a plan for a half in November, it is hilly, so am just going to “cruise” it, not race it.   DH is going to do the 6k.

I just was looking at the Scorpion and Screaming Monkey again last night...

Carol

RTurtles

Running with the Turtles

Happy Friyay!  Hopefully no bad luck for anyone.    Rest day for me today.  Gearing up for a marathon pace long run this weekend.  20 min warm up, 100 minutes at marathon pace, 10 minute cool-down.  Somehow that doesn't sound as bad as 14 miles with 11 miles at marathon pace...  Sneaky.    DD's first CC race went well!  There were a ton of girls there, I was surprised.  DD had told me she was the first girl to finish in practice on Weds, they had run at a track at the local college with the college track team.  I warned her about running too hard in practice.    Sure enough, she said her legs were tired yesterday!  She ran with a friend that goes to a different school, they met in summer school.  So they were excited to run with each other.  DD ran with a smile on her face!  She finished in 86th place, I am not sure about her time, I looked at the clock when I walked to the finish line from where I was spectating.  She was under 12 minutes for 1.5 miles.  I think she was one of the first from her school, the race was for 6th and 7th graders.  Her next meet is on Monday!  Oh and one more thing about a DD, because I don't talk her up enough, older DD is going to get what her instructor called a GIANT trophy at the year-end Tae Kwon Do picnic tomorrow, for getting the most points in a tournament.  He let me know in advance to make sure she was going to be there. 

Elina, nice that you will be running your route for warm-ups!  Yay for floorball!  

Lizzie, awesome AMP run!  Well, it isn't supposed to be easy.     That is hilarious that you had to stop because of laughing.  Congrats to HCF!  Air sex?  I have no idea what that is.  I will not google that at work.    DD wanted to have chicken noodle soup after her race!  She has a thing for chicken noodle soup.  I took her to get ice cream after that.  

Sandy, nice workouts!  I was up until 10:30 last night.  But I didn't have to get up until 5:50 this morning.  Yes, I set my alarm for 5:50.    I hope that all goes well for work tonight and you get done early!!  Go Pack!    Boo for no HH!  I had that issue with a CO2 detector once.  It was in the basement.  It took me awhile to figure that out.  Especially since it was beeping at about 2 AM.

Carol, hope the weather clears up for you!  Cruise it.  I like that.    I hope the foot is all healed!

Lisa, fun strength stuff?  Isn't that an oxymoron?    That sounds like a great idea!  I really should do something like that.

Kat, it seems like our smoke alarms always start beeping because of low battery in the middle of the night.  Why is that?  

Margaret, glad you are recovering OK!

Cathy

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  I have Pilates and 11 miles.  And packing.

Liz, maybe you didn't adjust enough if you feel that beat up.  Don't be afraid of slowing down more and keep it at similar effort.  The humidity is no joke.  PS, I used to train with an MP of almost 11mm during the summer months and was able to hit MP on race day; effort works.  Hydrate!

Elina, nice job.

Sandy, nice workouts.

Carol, good luck with whatever you decide.

Cathy, enjoy the rest.

Damaris

Anonymous Guest

13 slow and easy miles for me this morning. Got a little later start this morning - the dogs woke up and started barking in the middle of the night, so getting up early was hard. They slept in a bit, I slept in a bit, even DH slept in a bit. So I drove over to someplace where there is at least some shade and got it done. Then stopped at Starbucks for a mocha frappuccino (my adult milkshake) on the way home. And then I signed up for Boston - today is registration for those that qualified by 5 minutes or more.

Liz, even with adjusted pace that is a hard workout. Great job (although I haven't looked at Strava yet to confirm). Congrats to HCF! He and I aren't that far apart in years.

Sandy, aw, great job getting up for miles and TRX/Bells on such little sleep. I was up until 10:30 finishing a book (Ask Again, Yes - pretty good, kinda slow). I'd forgotten that until I read your post, so that was probably another reason I had trouble getting up early today. I hope the work stuff goes fast tonight and there are no issues.

Carol, great idea to find a race on the way down to see MIL.

Cathy, big congrats to both DDs! I wish you'd warned me not to run too fast yesterday - my legs were tired today.

Damaris, have fun with the 11. And the Pilates. How's the progress on the packing?

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Still nothing on the workout side for me. Just STARTING to have energy to think of doing something. Never been this tapped out before and I've gone longer and gone further. At least people have stopped telling me that I look really tired all the time. DD#2 from Miami is in town with her BF and his younger brother (from Venezuela). She has a big work shindig tonight so I believe that I am going to be taking younger brother to a Tigers baseball game. How's that for completely random thing to do? he's 19 or 20. LOL Said he wants to go though so I don't mind. A is leaving in the morning for a family wedding (from his ex's side) that is up in Toronto. His boys will be there so he's looking forward to seeing them. Was us during the night from 12:30 to about 1:30am texting with youngest dd about school and her work.

Elina-woot for floorball season starting!

Lizzie-congrats on getting through the run. You put in so many miles. It's crazy! then again, compared to an air sex competition??? (I am picturing the equivalent of air guitar and that is just begging more questions and confused looks so will let that go.

Sandy-10pm is late for me too so don't feel bad. LOL on the big border battle. In the UP there was much conflict with people cheering for Vikings, Packers and Lions.

Carol-while you are looking at their sites you should then click on Register Now and just be done with it. We can confuse these local races with a bunch out of state participants.

Cathy-of course you should talk up your dds! I must be on the mend... reading about your marathon pace long run makes me almost want to run long. and yes, fun strength stuff, ie someone else leading it with loud music playing.

Damaris-I'm kind of excited about the PiYo class this gym would have available. I think that would be really helpful for me. And you are spot on with advice to Liz on effort in high humidity.

Karen-so exciting about Boston!!! What is the date for it in 2020?

Lisa

dhuffman63

Trails

Lisa glad you are starting to feel a little better...did you hear from the doc yet?  I'm wondering if you could have had adrenal fatigue caused by stress.  One thing I have to watch for is that due to my Graves.  Stress causes all sorts of problems for me.

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

Cathy – Congrats to BOTH DD’s! You have quite the athletes there 😊. Does older DD know she is getting the trophy? That’s exciting! And looks at younger DD! She is speedy!!! Did she enjoy it? 14 miles with 11 @ MP sounds pretty awful. Yuck!! It sucks when you see that workout ahead of time and just dread it for days. You will do great, I am sure 😊 I love chicken noodle soup myself! Can’t seem to get it down when its so warm out though. Another plus for the cold weather column.

Sandy- Woohoo! Nice workout this morning. Whew, that is late 😊. Hope you can get some nap time in before work – hope that goes smoothly as well. I would be stressing about being up late, too.. Awesome on the volunteering! Did you do it last year as well? Think I remember that. Realtor coming by today? Awesome! Yes, I will be changing my name so the timing is right. I have to figure that out with the new Real ID we need for traveling. Apparently you have to show a ton of identification – mail with your name on it and address, passport, birth certificate, etc. May have to wait a little while until I start getting mail in my new name! I am trying to finish “13 reasons why” so I can start Shameless!

Carol – I like that – cruise it 😊. HCF has been feeling great, thanks for asking! He likes to show off his muscles these days since he hits the gym about 4x a week. He always asks me if he is "busting out of his shirt". 

Karen – Nice miles this morning! SO EXCITING about Boston!! Yay!! French Toast for dinner tonight!

Lisa – I am sorry you are still not feeling like yourself! Have fun tonight at the game. I would think that would be a little awkward but you are good in those situations it sounds like 😊. I hope you are able to get some rest this weekend! I had many questions about the air sex competition myself.

Have a good afternoon everyone!

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

RTurtles

Running with the Turtles

Liz, older DD does not know about the trophy!  Unfortunately, I will not see her get it because younger DD has volleyball at the same time.  So DH is going to the picnic with older DD.  DD is also subbing for another VB team, so she will be playing for about 4 hours!  Yes, younger DD enjoyed running in the meet.  Which probably means she was not running her fastest, but I'm not pushing her.    Especially since her legs were tired.  

Which reminds me that I have to go to the store to get things to make snickerdoodles tonight, that's what older DD wants to bring to the picnic!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Karen, nice 13.  And yay for Boston!

Lisa, I have the PiYo DVDs so likely I'm going to try those while I find a Pilates studio.  They are pretty good.

Damaris