Womens Running

Cheesy TUESDAYS (DAILIES) (Read 18 times)

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

Its Moldy Cheese Day! But, isn't cheese mold?

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

Rest day for me!

I wanted to run today Wink Its my only way to prep for Mammel. Ha. I am sticking with my usual reverse taper plan. Brought my stuff to head to body pump after work but probably won't go. I am still walking down the stairs like I rode a horse for 12 hours. Wink Going to try for 3-4 miles tomorrow - probably on the treadmill. My neighborhood is rolling hills so the treadmill might be the better option Smile

Not much else going on here. Hot, humid and disgusting out there. Like an August day! Looking forward to this weekend when the Fall temps finally arrive. High's in the 60's lows in the 40's!!! THAT is more like Richmond's October. Looks like those temps stick around for a while so hoping this week is the last of this humid CRAP. Ugh!!!!!!

Kathryn – Glad everything went okay! The first day is always tough.

Tessa – Wow, busy weekend! Sounds like it was fun though J Pear and peach cider sounds really good.

Run4kupcakes – Wow, nice workout yesterday! Oh no on the people getting stuck in the mud! I hope your neighbors knew them? That is weird. So, saw your Instagram over the weekend. Which cupcake was your favorite?!

I guess I better get to counting my light bulbs - HA JUST KIDDING. No way I am doing that - Sandy and Karen talked some confidence into me over the weekend regarding Mammel Wink Yes, he assigned me the task of counting light bulbs in a 700,000+ sqft campus. When I asked him what he was going to do with the data - he said he wasn't sure yet. I will not quit today I will not quit today. Coincidentally, I got an email over the weekend about a possible opportunity in Northern VA. I said I could work remotely and travel some if that is an option...we will see how that pans out.

Happy Tuesday Wink

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

Bikerchick1

Lizzie -  What a great race for you...your pace was so consistent!!!  Congrats!  Glad that Sandy and Karen gave you some confidence in dealing with Mammel.  Don’t believe anything you heard about me....except the “good” stuff...LOL

Karen - Congrats on a well raced marathon!  Your pace was so consistent as well!   Sounds like you guys had a great time!!!  Your doggies are keeping you busy!

Sandy - What a fun time you all had!  How is the booty pain???

Damarias - I feel like I ran Chicago with you!  Sorry about the injury before hand.

Lisa - My head spins looking at your race list!

Did 7 yesterday...was back to 80 and holy humid...ugh.

Will try to be back later for more personals.  Heading to body pump.

Carol

Anonymous Guest

Good morning! I will run a few easy miles this morning, then meet my group for speedwork tonight. They have 8x 60sec/60sec, so I will probably just run their warm up and cool down with them, and just stand in the center of the track and blow a whistle every minute for the actual workout. Need groceries today - we are out of everything. Dogs are being dogs. Huckles was up around 4 and was really loud, so I let them out and then they wanted to play since they hadn't seen each other since 9:30 when we went to bed. So I let them play for a few minutes, then put the puppy on the bed with me and we all slept for another 2 hours.

Oh and for the first time since moving to TX, when old dog and I got her after two days and 23 hours of driving, I had fast food for dinner. Jack in the Box sourdough jack and fries. I wolfed down every single bite. Usually fast food doesn't sound that appetizing, but yesterday, oh my was it good.

Cathy, wow, that run Saturday sounded hard. And then to be on your feet for several hours and run semi-long on Sunday? Sounds like a tiring weekend.

Margaret, I desperately need a haircut. When all your days are days off, you don't really get that much more done, I'm afraid.

Kathryn, glad the day was alright. Or aight, as the kids would say. i'm sure you did great.

Tessa, that does sound like a busy weekend.

HCK, nice run for you yesterday. That's weird about the rando people stuck in the mud.

Liz, no counting lightbulbs! You should not have to suffer because Mammal is stupid. Our first cold front comes through tomorrow mid day, so I have two more crappy mornings. Second one (that will drop the overnight temps into the 50s!) comes through on Sunday. After my 10 mile race, of course.

This took awhile to post because I had to take a break - somebody gave me the signal and then went out and pooped. Liz and Sandy, guess how many times the puppy has pooped in the house since I've been home? That's right, none. (DH was texting me all weekend because Huckles kept pooping in the house and he was not getting any sleep. I felt a little bit bad for him, but mostly I was happy he was finally seeing what I do every single day.)

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Good heavens, Lizzie. Counting light bulbs? That sounds like investors from a bank.

Monday I dashed to the park and got in 45 minutes running. It was neat because the chipmunks and squirrels are extremely busy gathering and eating nuts. The quiet, dignified great blue heron was in a favorite place snoozing. My RB came out the trail so I joined her for a while. It was really sticky and hot. Reeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaallllllllllllly humid. Ew!

Today I’m going out the trail again I hope.

Happy runs, All! 

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

Anonymous Guest

Carol, it was all good, I promise! One of them asked if I had met you, and I said that I had and you were hilarious and made me laugh a lot, which is pretty much the highest compliment in my book.

Nice run in crap weather.

And now they have pulled Huckles bed out of the crate and are playing tug with it. Gotta go....

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Ugh why am I dragging today??? Ran 3 miles and bagged it. We had so much rain last night and the tide was so high there was a lot of water and marine debris on the sidewalk and street. I even saw a mullet on the side walk!

Liz--I hope you are kidding--surely he didn't ask you to count light bulbs. What a dork.

DH was supposed to sail today but that has been delayed till Thursday due to on board computer problems and Hurricane Michael.  It probably won't affect us, but they wanted to be sure the course didn't change before they sailed.

Have a great day!

Seloc

A measily 4 awkward and painful miles.  Dayam that hurts.  And I don’t understand why I can’t seem to just suck this up.  I mean I ran through plantar fasciitis 15 years ago.  But at least that wouldn’t be super painful after the first mile.  This thing, though, seems to get worse.  Ugh.  Grey and rainy here still.  Snow forecast for Sunday.  Double ugh.

Going to watch a 9th grade volleyball game after work to hang out with my friend.  Her daughter plays.

OMG Geese are the WORST!  So mean and hissy.

HCK – weird and not very bright about the car stuck in the mud.

Tessa – whoa busy weekend indeed! Pear and peach cider sounds delicious.  Nice job getting to the gym at lunch!!

Lizzie – ahhhhhhhh glad you got a nice long nap in yesterday!  Though jealous of your day off.  Mmmmmm tacos.  Moldy cheese??  Hmmmm  Though I do like cheese.  Good plan to take it easy on the dreadmill in the morning.  Hope you get to walk your building lots today, too, to help with recovery.  But, NO COUNTING LIGHT BULBS!!  Ooooh fingers crossed about the job opp!!  Stay strong dealing with Mammel!!

Gatsby – 11/3 got it!  Taper time?  Or not quite.  This is going to be the speedy one, right?  Jealous of your day off yesterday – sounds like a lovely one!

Elina – where you been lady?  How was the trip to watch NHL?  Did you pop that baby out yet? 

Lori – nice 5 miles!  GC WILL be hard to pass up.  Happy Thanksgiving!

Cathy – nice running this weekend!  And, dang, you had to do your 80 min jog BEFORE volunteering??  Whew!!  That was a long stint.  Yeah, they usually want us to be at the spot a full hour before the first wheelers are due.  Not sure why.  Nice DD was with you, too.  Yeah, TCM was more than double that – I want to say close to 8K?  Which is down a bit from past years.

Karen – like Lizzie said, I think Richmond is still open!  HOORAY for no pooping in the house!  I don’t think I’ve ever had Jack in the Box.  Totally cracking up at the puppies needing play time since it had been a few hours of sleep haha.  Glad you managed 2 more hours!  Have fun whistle blowing tonight hee hee  Ummmm, yeah, your nice cool Sunday is bringing SNOW to these parts.  Gah!

Lisa – that’s quite the panning for next year!  Sounds like a lovely weekend, too.

Carol – it was SUCH a fun weekend I’m still sad it’s over.  Booty is illin.  And making me cranky.  Nice 7!  Hope body pump was fun, too.  What’s next for you?

Judy – weird you all are getting such hot and humid weather.  It’s been grey and rainy and 40s all month here.  Wouldn’t mind a little sunshine!

Sue – marine debris?  What is a mullet?  I only know a mullet to be a hair style – ya know, business in front, party in the back LOL

Work is kicking my booty lately.  UGH.  Back at it…

RTurtles

Running with the Turtles

Moldy cheese day?  Mmm, moldy cheese.    Strength last night, 30 min "out and back" run today, 8:53 goal pace.  I hit the goal, but that was about as fast as I wanted to go.    64 and foggy this morning, I ran through a lot of hot and cold air pockets.  Weird weather, we are back in the 80's for a couple days, then a high in the low 40's on Thurs!

Lizzie, counting light bulbs?  What?!?  Ridiculous!  I suppose you would get to wander around at least... wander right out that door....     Yeah, just let Mammel know when he figures out something useful to do with that data to let you know.     I like smaller races also.  Chicago drove me crazy.    Though having a lot of spectators can be nice!  Enjoy the rest!  You on the TM?   I will believe it when I see it.  

Hi Carol!  The weather is crazy!

Karen, standing around and blowing a whistle as other people do speedwork sounds good.    Haha, fast food is awesome at the right time!    My body is definitely not used to all the fast running at the end of a training cycle!  Though mileage starts going down.  It will be interesting to see how my legs adjust for the 2nd week of this phase.  They seem to take a week to figure out what's going on.    lol, your pups are awesome!

Sandy, sorry about the crappy 4 miles.  You hung in there a lot longer than I would have.  I am hoping it gets better.  I feel so bad for you!  Have fun at the VB game!  Yeah, I did my jog before volunteering, because I knew chances were slim that I would do it afterwards!    It was a good call, I just sat on the couch wrapped up in blankets with a fire going in the fireplace and watched the Brewers when I got home!  It was worth it though, my RB said that it was great that she knew I was at the end, with 3 miles left she thought, "only 1.5 miles to Cathy then only 1.5 miles to finish".     Mr Math thought briefly about walking but figured he should at least run past me, then he just kept running.  Lots of comments on FB about outstanding volunteers, so hopefully we made a difference! 

Kat, you made it through that first day!  

Margaret, sounds like a nice day off!

Tessa, wow, sounds like a really busy weekend!

Kupcakes, nice job on the speedwork!

Cathy

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

Lizzie, Congrats on a great race.  I was tracking you on the app and was so impressed with your splits - both you and Karen were amazing at that.  Your HCF is keeper, as we all know.  That cake looked delish and roses.  Ahhhh, how sweet.  I love me some cheese.  Counting lightbulbs??  Makes me think of a story my mother told me...  (Not sure why, but...)  I guess when my Aunt/Uncle consummated their marriage my Aunt was so enthralled, she counted ceiling tiles.

Karen, same with Lizzie on amazing splits.  And your PR - hell, I am not sure I can run a half that quickly anymore.  Smile  Huck is a cutie patootie. Yeah, I am looking forward to some cooler weather too.  I saw 64 as a high next week.  64, ahhhh.  I wish I was like you with fast food, I eat far far too much of it.

Diane, sorry on the hearing aid difficulties.  Not right, but our healthcare is flawed here.  Congrats on the miles this past weekend.

Damaris, tracked you as well on the app - but more on FB and all your updates, it cracked me up.  I am so glad you were able to have some fun with it even though you were a bit sore.  Congrats on legacy status.

Ginny, I could use some cooler weather too, but boots, not yet.

Sandy, you are the hostess with the mostest.  Thanks for volunteering.  How did yoga go?  Did you say SNOW???????  I cannot fathom that.  Sorry your miles weren't great.

Lori, do come to GC.  Should be a blast.

Lisa, love Katie's plan.  Did they ever find DD's car?  My Mom got hers stolen and a few weeks/months later they found it.  By then though the insurance already had paid her out and she had a new car.

Cathy, thanks for volunteering too.  Even though DD got a bit bored, you are instilling good running traits in her!!

Judy, lovely run as always.

Tessa, no, I am no longer working for the old place other than a few odd shifts here and there.

Margaret, glad you enjoyed your day off from work and running.

HCK, nice intervals.

Sue, nice that you have a few extra days with DH.  That is a lot of rain!

I slept a ton again last night, went to bed I think around 8:30.

The job will be OK.  They are kind of a clusterF though.  But I knew that.  So they fully book appointments and then accept any and all walk ins. Usually people wait for hours.  I was only supposed to see healthy pets to get a feel for the place and not get overwhelmed.  I did fit in one sick dog, no problem.  At one point they asked me to triage a cat, so I peeked at it and said it was stable and fine to wait a little bit.  15 minutes after my shift ended and I had my bag on and ready to leave, they were like - you ready to see the cat?  Which would easily take an hour.  I said NO.  I am not going to get into that game so early on.  They can't get doctors and I am not going to be their savior.  EVERY single day there will be walk ins waiting at the end of my shift.  And every single day, I will say no.  Even one of the techs at lunch said put your foot down now.  If you get a chance to leave for lunch, DO IT.  Because they will take advantage of you.  I will have a chat with the practice manager about this prior to signing.  I will be polite about it, but I will get burnt out super quick and be an unhappy employee, resenting it from the get go.

And yes, even though it has a terrible reputation, it is a job and I need to pay bills.  No reason why I can't keep looking at some point.

Today will be a domestic XT day.  I have so much to do prior to my friend coming to town on the 19th.  House is a wreck.

Happy cheese day.  Super moldy stuff - bleu cheese is my fav on a burger.  Now I want one.

K

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  I took today off from work and I slept in until after 9am, yay.  Nothing for me today.  Just got the no for the London Marathon, boo hiss.  I would run today since I feel OK enough, but mentally, I'm like nope.  I'll have a martini tonight instead and just read and sleep off the day.  If not for the giant chafing by my armpits, ouch.

Liz, I love cheese!

Carol, nice 7.

Karen, enjoy the easy miles.

Judy, enjoy the trail.

Sue, nice 3.

Sandy, nice 4.  Hoping the pain goes away.

Cathy, nice out and back.

OK, I went to shower and forgot to finish this post, so let's see how many I missed.

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

kat, glad you put your foot down.  If not, they will abuse it later.

Damaris

I have Blue Cheese for my salad so that sounds right for the day!

5.25 sweaty miles this morning. Hoping this is the end of summer weather for us.

Margaret-sounds like a productive day yesterday around the house! That December race looks fun but I'll be in Brazos being evil to Karen. I mean, having fun. LOL

Liz-LOL It's not me looking for new cars; it's Abhay. I laugh... he's always looking at pre-owned cars to buy and I'm always looking for races to run. Both of us handing over our devices and saying "what about this one?" to the other. It's pretty funny. It's his hobby and like I don't do hardly any of the races I look at, he doesn't buy hardly any of the cars he looks at. All I saw was that you want stuffing and pizza then that made me wonder if there ever would be a stuffing pizza....  Would help when counting light bulbs though to have stuffing pizza nearby.

Kat-I'm sure that you are your own worst critic. I also bet there was some good points to the day?

Tessa-yeah for the double! And I bet the "shows" were all quite educational.. TED talks in essence. 

HCK2-those are some tough repeats with only 1 minute recoveries. People are not always the wisest when it comes to driving surfaces. LOL

Carol-don't go Exorcist on me with your head spinning. I'm excited about finding races to fit in... if you know of any that you think would work, let me know. Yeah for the 7 yesterday! BTW.. I emailed North Country to ask about switching from the full on Saturday to the 50 on Saturday. There's a rumor that they will introduce a 100 miler there for 2019 so I'm not as worried about cut off times. And if I get pulled so be it. It's really just a training run and I've grown to really like that trail. (clearly I am nuts, right?)

Karen-NO NO NO.... on the FAST food... you need SLOW food.  At least tell me that you ate it WHILE running. LOL Or maybe it's just a sign of new things to come for you... eating fast food and moving really slow. Welcome to the world of 99% of the US population. I'm sure that you are fine with your fast food just teasing.

Judy-happy runs indeed!

Sue-are you a) getting enough sleep? b) overthinking work c) worried about dh being gone d) not eating enough? Sorry to hear you've been in a slump. The good news is that it will end and you will feel better again! Yeah! 

Lisa

ginnyb

Kat...I almost burst out laughing at work about your Aunt and the counting the ceiling tiles!  That's what I do at the ob/gyn!  Did you have to mention a bleu cheese burger???  Now, I want one too.  One of the little restaurants in our downtown makes the best! Good for putting your foot down at the new job, especially since you have been warned that they will take advantage.

Diane...that stinks about the hearing aids, and it makes no sense!  I have had my own issues with insurance.

Sandy...Wish your posterior would feel better.  My 13 year old granddaughter joined the volleyball team this year and I keep being reminded of your stories with the VB team last year.  I have a feeling their team is similar.

Karen...standing just blowing a whistle is my kind of speed workout!  I don't do speed.  Yay on no pooping in the house!  Progress.  Those two are so darn cute.  Oh yesterday, I had a craving for Wendy's fries, so I went and got some, I was in heaven, they were hot and salty!

Liz...counting light bulbs?  Really?  Glad Sandy and Karen instilled some more confidence in you.  You shouldn't be doing those trivial jobs.  Wish you could find something else.  I have confidence that you will.

Carol...I am looking forward to finally meeting you at GC!  Especially if you make me laugh!

Sue...sorry you are in a funk, that doesn't seem to happen to you frequently, you will snap out of it.

Lisa...I got tired reading your list of races also.  I can't even seem to muster the energy to do 3 halfs a year anymore, which makes me sad, but I think I am just wearing out.

3 muggy miles this morning, my garmin is acting up and kept saying low battery although I had just taken it off the charger and it kept beeping at me, may be time for a different watch.

Ginny

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

Mullet = fish. It was about 8-10"  long. On the sidewalk.

Lisa--you are probably right. I didn't sleep well last night.

Kat--yes, they will take advantage of you if you let them. Our vet stayed late when Gracie got hit by a car, but he did save her life.  I love him.

Woohooo!! lunch!