Womens Running

Anisette TUESDAYS (DAILIES) (Read 16 times)

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

I had to google what anisette was. It is what gives licorice its flavor. Yuck.

Who here likes black licorice?! HCF's mom makes cookies with that flavor in them...no thank you.

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

8+ for me this morning. I did 5x .30/.20 rest.

Good run. Nothing crazy on the intervals..just wanted to switch things up a bit. I checked the weather before I got out there and got so excited because it said 63!!! It was definitely wrong. More like 73. I am craving jacket weather Wink

Nothing exciting happening over here...

Docket – Smart to take a rest day yesterday. I hope its feeling better today!

Run4kupcakes – I have been having the worst time with weeds at my branch locations. They are growing back in like, a week!

Happy Tuesday!

Licorice cookies??  ick

4.8 this morning.  Hips were really stiff from yesterday's squats/massage/adjustment/lawn mowing.

Have a great day!!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  As usual with this knee achiness, it's all gone today.  It was very achy last night and I think I remembered I hit it with something.  Today?  Nothing.  I'll run 6 at some point today.  My BP Is still high and it's like I'm not taking meds, and FML.

Liz, nice run.  And yuck at the cookies.

Susan, nice run.

Damaris

LC Runs

Good Morning!

4.1 for me, very humid and a little rain.  Supposed to rain/storm most of the day today, fun stuff!

Lizzie - I used to like black licorice but then on my 21st bday I had a few shots of Ouzo   so I am over that taste lol

Sue - nice run!

Damaris - ugh on the achy knee and high BP.  Hope you have a good run tonight!

RTurtles

Running with the Turtles

Black licorice is gross.    5 easy, muggy miles this morning.  I saw a huge turtle by the trail and a big woodchuck.  I guess summer is here.  We have storms forecasted every day until Sunday.  The work step challenge has finally ended!  It actually included yesterday, which was unexpected.  Mr. Math finished in 2nd.  I held onto 5th, and first woman.  Good enough for me.  Now I can relax.    My project team finished first.  By a lot, since 3 of the top 6 were on my team.  I think we get a free lunch or something, as well as bragging rights.  

Lizzie, nice run this morning!  Your recoveries weren't significantly slower than the running intervals.    I was thinking of you this morning, as I walked into the mugginess and spider webs.    It was hard to get my legs moving for those strides at the end of the run on Sunday.  I get a little bit of recovery from the plan this week.  At least a "normal" long run.  I miss those.  

Sue, I hope the hips loosen up!

Damaris, have a good 6!   Glad the knee is better.  Dang it on the high BP!  

Laura, nice run this morning!  I am getting tired of rain.  

Kupcakes, we live across from a big field so we get tons of weeds.  I let DH stress about it.  

Lori, happy Canada Day!  Our neighbor has an annual Canada Day party.  I think it's more of an excuse to have a party, but they have have Canadian food and beer and sing the Canadian national anthem on the hour.  

Judy, I am glad you are feeling well!  I hope that weird person doesn't cause any issues.

Cathy

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

Guess I am in the minority.  Love black licorice.  Growing up Mom used to make these weird German Anise Cakes. The flavor was much more muted than black licorice.  Very yummy.  And Laura, ouzo, yum.  Though I did mistake a small tumbler of ouzo for water in Greece once, that was a shocker!!!

Lizzie, nice run!  Sounded like your Sunday was perfect!!!

Sue, can I borrow you on a consistent basis - I hate mowing.

Damaris, did I read you are already packing?  Do you have a time frame for the move??

Laura, enjoy the rain, ugh.

Cathy, a woodchuck?  Haven't seen one of those in forever!!!  Congrats on the challenge.

Not much here.  I MUST go to Costco in a few minutes to pick up my meds, I am out as of this morning.

I started reading a book, an actual book yesterday!  Catra Corbett's "Reborn on the Run."  If you don't know of her, she is a badd ass ultra runner.  It is about her kicking her meth habit and starting ultra running.  It is an easy read and I got through half of it yesterday.

Off to shower and boogie to Costco.

K

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

No timeframe for the move.  Could be 3 months, a year, who knows.

I should stop checking my BP.  It just makes me more stressed, lol.  I managed to not weigh myself last week until Sunday, so working on those OCD tendencies.  I think I even lost 0.20 or so and it didn't stress me out during the week of eating and traveling to know every ounce of my being.

Progress, not perfection...

Damaris

Seloc

Quick check in while my status is showing I'm "In A Meeting" when, it's over already.  Mwahahaha.  Just toiling away over here.  Was hoping a holiday week would slow things down a notch but so far, no such luck.  In a pretty stormy and steamy pattern in these parts.  Of course, not as steamy as elsewhere.  I am NOT in competition and also not complaining.  To ME, it's preferable over -20*.  Did a shorter "long" run on Saturday since most had run just run Grandma's.  7ish on Sunday and 7 with the fast girls this morning.  Watching the USWNT on Friday afternoon and will again today.  Go USA!  Spent much of Saturday following Western States on Twitter.  Coffee with a friend on Sunday and that's about it.

Kat - thanks for the book rec!  That sounds like a good one.  I just watched Blood Road about Rebecca Rusch and am also listening to Rich Roll's podcast with her.  OMG when I owned a house I HATED mowing.  With a passion.  Even though I do not like being home when the mowers come AND weed whip AND use that damn blower LOL I am grateful that I don't have to do it haha

Lori - happy Canada Day!

Carol - how goes the Grandma's recovery?

Margaret - that is SO great of you to volunteer at WS!  I very much enjoyed following the race.  Fun to have the weather conducive to faster times!  Bummer Courtney had to drop.  I was VERY interested in following Ladia since she's from here and was a very very dear friend of Gabe's.

Damaris - that is so great you will be moving north!  Any idea when you will get a time frame?  Will you have to sell your house and buy new?  Glad the knee is feeling better!!

Karen - welcome back from your epic adventure!  OMG I would be having book pressure anxiety will all those queued up haha  I just started Before We Were Yours by Lisa Wingate.  Having a hard time getting into it but maybe I need a reading break.  I've been watching a lot of Sweet Home Sextuplets on Prime about this most adorable couple from AL that has an older boy, younger set of twin boys and then just had 3 boys/3 girls sextuplets.  Whew.

Liz - nice running.  Sorry for the food poisoning.  I feel like this just happened?  Or, maybe that was a sickness.  Funny I was talking with friends on Friday that I have never had food poisoning.  I think bacterial dysentery x2 in my late 20s has made me immune.

That's all I've got time for today.  Will try for more tomorrow!  Volunteering at a race on Thursday.  Have to be across town by 4:45am.  Ooof!  haha

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Lizzie, this is the same guy who the police did not locate. Very old man. He may be living in his car. I suspect if they are not actively bothering people they are just watched by the police. Sunday Buddy keeps track and makes sure no one is following me home after our run on Sundays.

TM run for 45 minutes felt great this morning. 35 minutes on the bike. I was watching car makeovers on TV. Great fun to watch. On History channel.

Happy runs, All ! 

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

Anonymous Guest

Oof. 9 miles done and the last 3 were not pretty. The sun came out, the temps jumped into the 80s, the dew point was 75, so the "feels like" was mid to upper 90s. I took a couple walk breaks and once I even stopped my Garmin and just sat on the curb for a few minutes. Camp Gladiator yesterday was pretty fun and I'm a little bit sore today but nothing bad. I'll go back tomorrow and keep going back this month since it's free. I did look and their monthly membership is much lower if you commit to 6 months or a year, but I don't want to do that. I talked to the instructor for a bit afterwards and she said she'd be happy to do a 30-minute bodyweight workout for my runners after one of our Tuesday hill runs (she does CG at the same park we do our hills). She is doing it hoping to get people to join of course, I am just trying to give my runners various XT experiences. We've also got the private spin class, and one of my walkers just got her Pilates certification and wants to do some free classes for us.

Yesterday I ran 3 after the CG workout. It was hot and hilly and 3 was a struggle. Tomorrow I'll try to go early and run before the workout. 9:30 is just too late to run around here in the summer. I feel like I was really busy yesterday but other than working out, I think all I really did was go to the grocery store. Lots of computer stuff kept me busy the rest of the day. Confirming sponsorships and sending invoices, trying to convince a couple other places to sponsor, e-newsletters, fb posts, website updating. Oh, and I told my runners a couple weeks ago that if they got a friend to join, I'd put their name in the hat for a big prize, so I had to find a big prize. Yesterday the shoe store agreed to give a pair of custom orthotics ($299 retail) to the winner!

Black licorice might be the only thing that tastes worse than coconut. More ice cream and cake and cookie days, less disgusting food pretending to be treats days!

Lori, happy day after Canada day! Good to see you running again.

Liz, nice run. Yes, the high diving at CG was possibly worse than hugging.

Susan, nice 5. That's a lot of things for your hips to deal with yesterday!

Damaris, glad the knee achiness was short lived.

Laura, great job getting out there in the mugginess.

Cathy, same to you. I laughed that DD wanted to quit the other day, then ran home super fast. She is a trip. Congrats on the step challenge.

Kathryn, oooh, thanks for the book rec. I know of her and knew she was a recovering addict, but not a lot more about her. Sounds good.

Sandy, you sound busy! Steamy is steamy and you're right, it does beat -20. Doesn't mean I'm going to stop complaining though. 2 books down on the list, just can't connect my Kindle to the internet yet as the one I started last night expired this morning. Girls with Sharp Sticks was a quick read, The Mothier-in-Law was pretty good but much slower to get through. Started Beautiful Bad, but only got through the first few chapters before I got too tired and went to bed.

Judy, glad the police and Sunday Buddy are looking out for you.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Bikerchick1

I know Ii am in the minority but LOVE licorice (black or red), and anisette anything!

Lizzie - big difference between 6p and 70’s!  Your food poising sounded horrible this weekend!

Sue - I bet you are enjoying that pool.

Damarias - Boo on the HBP!!!  Hope it resolves. Add me to the OCD scale list...

Laura - any races planned?

Cathy - Nice job on the step challenge!  How’s the marathon training going?

Sandy - Grandma’s recovery is going good!  Thanks for asking!  The first couple days were rough - but only quad soreness, overall I did t feel fatigued and didn’t get too crabby!  Have you decided on your fall full yet?  I love that TLC show on the sextuplets...it is really cute.

Judy - So weird about the guy in the car.   Nice that RB watches for you.

Kat - Hope you have a good trip to Costco 

spent most of of last week recovering, and camping with DD’s and DGK’s...I made a thousand trips around the campground, so think that helped my recovery.  I finally ran, Monday, felt good.  Body blast class this morning and a couple miles on the track...pouring rain here.

Carol

Carol---YES!!!! WE are loving the pool!! Even if I don't get in, just looking at it is calming.  I still need to have a Zoom meeting with the pool in the background .

Omg I have been trying to drink more water and today I am in the bathroom every 5 minutes!!

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

I absolutely LOVE licorice. ESPECIALLY black licorice.

I ran today 5 miles. I forgot my Garmin and my phone acted up so strava is wrong but 5 excruciatingly slow miles. It was so damned hot.

Lizzie...I wore my Lizzie's Ladies shirt on my run today

Sue...I hear you on the gardening and other extra curricular activities.  My legs are trashed from it

Damaris.. I'm sorry your BP and knee is acting up but I'm happy you got the job you wanted

Laura.  I can't do ouzo anymore either. One too many shots.

Cathy.  .. I'm curious about this Canadian food of which you speak. Is it poutine? Butter pecan tarts? Tourtierre? I can't think of Canadian food per se. Only those jump to my mind.

Kats. ..I live The Dirt Diva but can't say I was overly fond of her book. But she did overcome a lot in her life.

Sandy...I don't mind the heat but cannot stand humidity. Thankfully it hasn't gotten too humid too often here. Yet. I'm going to look into that book you mentioned. I just borrowed Big Little Lies and Grandma Sends Her Regards&Apologies. I will let you know if they're worth it.

Judy.  Scary about the dude stalking you and your running friend

Karen.... your adventure looked like so much fun. I enjoyed following it on fb

Carol . .. I'm glad your recovery is going well

Lori

*it's Bertha or me. My money is on me.*

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

Susan – Hope those hips loosen up! Okay, one reason why I hate drinking a ton of water. I do good when I am working from home, though 😊

Docket – Wonder why your BP is high?? Good luck on the run later! Never too early to start going through stuff and start packing. Ah yes, the weighing. Do you usually weight everyday? I try to just limit it once a week..try.

Laura – Nice run this morning! We are supposed to have rain by the end of the week. We desperately need it, though. I think I have tried a sip of Ouzo and NOPE. YUCK. I can’t imagine having a shot of it.

Cathy – Nice run this morning! I haven’t seen any turtles this year, yet. I have been keeping my eye out 😊 HCF wants to swim with them when we are in Hawaii. Woohoo! Congrats on the step challenge! I hope it’s a really good lunch 😊 A normal long run!? You will be excited Smile Did you stop by the Canada Party? Hehe.

Kathryn – PIZZELLE! Those are the cookies! I don’t know how that came to me when I read your post 😊 Have fun at Costco. I guess now is a good time to go – during the week opposed to the weekend where its CRAZY in there.

Sandy – Woohoo! Good to hear from you. Sorry you are so busy at work! I guess its better than being slow. I would think Summer would slow things down places, but you are right – no such luck here either. Hang in there! Nice running lately. Is anyone else you know doing the MTT? Thought of you this weekend when HCF brought home fish. It was still in its fish shape – LOL. You’re weekend sounds fun! Are you doing anything exciting for the 4th? Oh yes, the last time I was sick it was sickness. This wasn’t throwing up THANK GOD. OMG. No wonder you don’t have any GI problems! Go ahead, eat that fish now. 😉

Judy – That is still very creepy. I would not like how nothing can be done. Since we are moving to the country and I will have to run on some country roads, HCF really wants me to carry protection. I guess I probably should. Don’t really like that I have to, though. If that makes sense. Nice workout this morning – as usual! 😊

Karen – Nice miles today! That temperature sounds awful. Uggghhh. Do you carry water with you? I know sometimes you swing back by your house. Look at you – you are like, a professional extrovert these days. 😊 Arranging all of these vendors and getting sponsors. Who are you? That is really awesome that the instructor is going to do a XT class for the runners! I want to join your running club. Laughing about the hugging again.

Carol – Ew, I will send you all of those pizzelle cookies then 😊 Aw, your weekend sounds like a lot of fun! Glad you are back to running again! Do you have your next race in mind?

Lori - Nice job on the miles today. I take it the PF is doing better? I hate the humidity, too. It would be so different if we didn't have it!

Busy day. Wishing I was able to take Friday off!! I must be patient...4 more months!