Womens Running

Totally need more sleep, Tuesdays DIVAS (Read 296 times)

gsdrunner

Good Morning....

We had a couple rough nights with M. I am not sure whats going on maybe her 8 teeth are moving past their white caps finally.

RR: 5.5 yesterday, todya is tempo run 6 miles total.

NRR: Hoping to sneak in some rest while M naps this morning and afternoon. At least the napping schedule hasn't gone to the waste side. May have to move M's bday party back one week. I think it might be the best for everyone.

Gotta get moving! Have a good one!

Is the DIVAS thread the under 40 thread?

rsdrunner, I hope you are able to get some rest today.  I feel like being sleepy is the thing to be today.

AFM- I barely coughed yesterday, barely blew my nose, and was only a little stuffy feeling, yay!  I feel even better today.  I’m going to run 3ish miles after work today, do some yoga, and then I’m heading out for a massage.  I’m hoping that tonight’s run goes a lot better than Saturday’s run and that breathing is not an issue Fingers crossed because I really want to get back to base building because I really want to beat my mom (or come close to her time) at my goal HM in March. If I don’t I won’t be devastated but my mom and I have a little friendly competition going on. 

Steph 

“I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.” John Burroughs

OJewel

Good morning! I made it here, haha. 

GSD- hope you can get some rest and that Ms teeth stop giving her so much trouble!

RR- did 5 miles this morning on the hotel treadie. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't happy with that, haha. Its been one of my longest runs since my marathon. Sad, I know!

NRR-I working out of PA office again today, theN heading home to NY probably around 5. I'm having some skin irritation issues again, on my side and a patch on my arm. Gross. I need these to go away by Saturday. We're flying to puerto Rico at 6:30am Saturday! I don't know if the skin issues is related to stress, or what. I need to quit worrying so damn much. 

Oh well. Gonna head out and get breakfast and check on out of here. Happy Tuesday! 

OJewel

Hi Steph, welcome! Divas is a group for all women, really Smile what's your moms HM time? My dad runs and I'd love to beat him in an H M one day!

OJJewel, last year my mom ran this half marathon in 2:00:10.  By March I'll still have been running for under a year and she'll have been running for several years.  She doesn't want to get much faster since she says she is too short to be faster (she's just under 5'2").  I know her real goal is to do this race just under 2 hours.  I'll have to get  a bit faster to get there but my pace has been dropping a lot lately and I'm going to try as hard as he!! to get there. 

Steph 

“I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.” John Burroughs

MA runner girl

Good morning ladies!!

RR: Swam 1500m last night. Felt good and strong Smile Running 3-4 miles at the gym tonight.

NRR: Enjoyed a relaxing night last night. I was so tired by the time I got home! Seems to be a theme lately. I literally did nothing though, makes me feel super lazy! Hopefully tonight I can at least clean up the kitchen a little Roll eyes Not too much going on, just waiting for the weekend. Oye it's only Tuesday!

GSD - I'm so sorry M is having a rough sleeping patch. I hope she gets back on track soon. 8 teeth is a lot for a little mouth to endure!

Steph - Welcome! Anyone can post here, we have over 40s here as well. I'm Steph too Smile I'm 26, married to my DH for 2.5 years and 23 weeks pregnant with our first baby, a boy! I hope you have a great run tonight and enjoy that massage after. Sounds hevenly!

Jewel - I hope your skin clears up! What a bummer. If anything I'm sure some time in PR will help destress you and it will go away anyways! Hugs.

Have a great day!

PRs: 5k - 21:22, half marathon - 1:39:43, marathon - 3:37:16

lizo_77

Hi ladies!

RR: decided I'm taking the next few days off to recovery completely. I think I pushed it a little with all the weekend workouts and my cold is holding on. still have terrible sinus pressure. so.... nada today!

NRR: work day. have a couple of phone conference meetings. home, then making some pumpkin cup cakes then life group tonight. that's it for me!

gsd: sorry M is having trouble! hope those teeth move it so that the discomfort gets done with!

steph: yay for feeling better! keep recovering! awesome about your goals for the half. even if you're not there this weekend, you still have time to rock your time goal! that's so cool your mom wants to get a goal of under 2! hope you can make it too and welcome to the forum!

OJ: sorry about the skin issues! boo that! hope it heals up! do whatever you need to to reduce the stress!

MA: I second your request for the weekend! yay for a lazy night yesterday. you deserve it! Smile

outwestrunner

Good morning, ladies!

Love the new forum - spam-free works for me!

RR: Got back from 7 chilly miles this morning. I was sweating a lot, though, and it was annoying. Yoga last night was good, too. I could tell I'd taken a break from running. ST tonight.

NRR: Back to the grind today. I had a relaxing weekend with DBF at the coast, which is greatly needed. He'll be back this here this weekend. Not much to report right now. 

outwestrunner

GSD - I hope M's teeth break through. It sounds uncomfortable all around.

Jewel - I got dry spot on my face last winter, and I'm hoping to avoid  those.

Lizo - I hope you feel better soon!

Steph - Enjoy the massage! I bought 6 for the price of 5, and may go use one this week.

monk717

Good morning!

RR: Skipping it today, should be back at it tomorrow.

NRR: Even when I went to bed last night it was doubtful if I'd make it to work today, but I'm here. Either way I would have had to take A to daycare because if DH and I were both going to be home, we certainly didn't want to deal with her. He's home, I made it to work and I'm only a little dizzy and tired and my stomach only hurts a little. Ugggh, this was one nasty bug. Call volume apparently is really high and of course I have a few days worth of missed work, so I'll be plenty busy. Hopefully I can stay all day. Can't think of anything else so I guess I'll sign off for now! Have a great day divas.

L e e l a

Hi ladies!  Been thinking of posting again but had trouble with my RWOL password.  Now that everyone's moved here I'll try to post again.

RR - Still a bit of lingering, but good, soreness from yesterday's Pedal, Kettle and Bosu class.  I'm heading out for 5-6 GA miles in a few minutes.  I should be still keeping my mileage down a bit to recover from my HM a few weeks ago, but I'm getting the itch to run further again to train for March's Ten Miler.  

NRR - Had a great day yesterday with B.  She's made a ton of progress potty training over the past few days: zero accidents yesterday!  Getting a few things done around the house and food prep for dinner until I pick her up from school this morning.  

gsd - I remember going through phases where sleep was tough with B.  Actually I think months 9-12 were tough with sleep overall.  After that she really settled into a good nightime routine.  She's a short napper, but I think that's how she's wired.

steph - Glad you are feeling better.  Have a good run!

Jewel - Way to get in that run.  I don't like running on hotel TMs; gym TMs I don't mind for some reason ...

MA -  I LOVED swimming when I was preggo.  I'm glad you've gotten into it!

lizo - Colds stink. I'm just getting over one I got immediately after my HM.  Feel better soon!

outwest - Great job on the 7 miles!

carawsb

Good morning, ladies!  Smile

I was hoping to jump back in.  It has been a while since I have posted regularly, I am caught up at work for the time being, and wanted to see if I can make this a regular gig again.

gsd - Sorry to hear that you have had a couple of rough night's with M.  I hope that she gets to feeling better soon; poor thing with 8 teeth coming in!  Best of luck with the party planning!  I cannot believe it has been a year, already!

steph - Hello!  I am glad that you are getting back to feeling better!  The yoga and massage sounds fantastic!  Enjoy!

OJewel - I am glad you were able to get in a decent run this morning!  Sorry to hear about the skin issues, though.  I have rashes, etc. all of the time; plus, I am always itchy.  It is annoying. Roll eyes  Puerto Rico sounds like fun, though!

MA - You are too cute in your photo on FB!  Sorry to hear that you have been feeling so tired, though; I would not consider you lazy by any means, but I entirely understand how you feel! Smile  I am waiting for the weekend, too...

lizo - I hope that you get to feeling better soon, lady!  Sinus pressure is horrible.  Yuck!  The pumpkin cupcakes sound fantastic! Big grin

owr - Glad to hear that you had a relaxing time with DBF on the coast.  It sounds wonderful!  I really need to get back to a yoga class one of these days; DH and I always say we are going to, but seem to run out of time... Joking  Good luck getting back to the grind!

monk - I hope you start to feel better soon.  That sounds like such a nasty bug!  You, too, are looking FABULOUS in your picture!  I hope that baby P is doing well!  Good luck being back at work today! Smile

Leela - That class sounds great! Big grin  I love the post-workout soreness.  DH and I did weights yesterday, and I am definitely feeling it today; but, in a good way!  Good news on little Leela's potty training!  It sounds like you have a productive morning in store! 

RR:  DH and I got in 6 miles this morning with another RP.  It was 10 degrees, with a "feels like" temperature of 1.  Brrr...  I am not ready for that, yet!  Since I started back running a couple of weeks ago, we are building up very slowly; taking it one day at a time.  Today marked the start of week three, and my legs seem to be getting back a little pep. Smile

NRR:  I am hoping for more work today than I had yesterday.  I recently got promoted to a new position, and it has been a blast - although, I can always stand to have more work.  Clown  Other than that, I am patiently awaiting my next doctor's appointment without trying to Google too much.  Tomorrow marks two weeks being on the new thyroid medications, and I am hoping to maybe start and see some positive changes.  My appetite is still horrible, and I dropped a few pounds again because I still cannot eat much.  But, I am trying not to stress too much about cramming food in when I am not feeling good.  I did get some good news, in that my Celiac test came back negative; that is definitely something I was hoping to hear!

I hope everyone has an awesome Tuesday! Big grin   

NorCal

Hey Ladies! 

GSD- Sorry about the sleepless nights, hopefully that improves! 

Welcome Steph!! So cute you and your mom have a little competition going! Love it! 

Cara- Welcome back! Smile I love that we're all posting here now! I hope you start feeling better and get more answers at your next appt. Wow, that is a COLD run! 

Leela- Awesome news that B is potty training so well! 

MA-  Love the baby bump you posted. You look adorable! 

RR. Running after work tonight, probably 6-8 miles. Yesterdays run with DH was TOUGH, but good! 

NRR. We're supposed to get a nasty rain/wind storm starting tomorrow which will last for 5 days. UGH! 

Humboldt Redwoods Half Marathon 10.20.2013 

Tiburon by the Bay Half Marathon 11.3.2013 (My Birthday!) 

Napa Valley Full Marathon 3.2.2013

PRs: 

Half: 1:48

Full: 4:34

LucyBelle

Good morning! I am so happy to see some of our "veteran" posters coming back, and to see some newbies too! Big grin Now we just need Kitty...I miss Kitty...Kitty, where are you!?!? Sad 

RR: Blah, totally didn't motivate myself to get out into the dark cold last night, so I'll have to do it tonight. 2.5 miles. Maybe 3. We shall see. That rhymes!

NRR: "Sour" start to the morning! Took a few bites of cereal before realizing the milk had gone bad...it tasted funny so I went to smell it, and yup, sour. Tight lips I had put it in my coffee too, so I had to dump everything and make a new breakfast using the new milk we had. Also managed to get a spider bite on my thigh at some point, the pain/burning woke me up during the night, and this morning it's all swollen. Put a bandaid soaked in apple cider vinegar on it in hopes of drawing some venom out. Sigh. I'm full of cheer this morning, eh? Hopefully something good will happen at work!

GSD: Sorry about the lack of sleep and rough nights with M. She has 8 teeth coming in at once?? Ouch! That would be enough to make me super miserable too, poor kid!

Steph: Welcome! We're open to everyone here. By way of intro, I'm 28, live in upstate NY with my fiance and my dog Lucy. Planning a wedding for September. Been running since middle school, recently took time off due to prolonged illness, and now building back up! That's great you and your mom have a friendly rivalry, but being 5'2", she can totally run faster! I'm only 5' and I've broken 2 hours by quite a bit! LOL. Tell her no excuses!

Jewel: Sorry about the skin problems, it does sound like it's related to stress. Is PR a vacation with DBF?? I can't remember!

MArunner: I think you deserved a night of rest and relaxation, you're always so go-go-go!! Be good to yourself!

Lizo: It's probably a good idea to take time off if you're still feeling so sick. Could it be a sinus infection? Pumpkin cupcakes...YUM.

Outwest: I like your new avatar! Is that a picture from the coast, or from your work travels?

Monk: Sorry the whole family caught the bug, that stinks, but at least you're all on the mend now!

Leela: YAY happy to see you posting again! You rocked that HM lady! Also, that class sounds awesome. Hooray to B on the potty training!

Cara: Happy to see you posting again too!! Wow you're building your mileage much more quickly than I am! Jealous! Don't stress about the appetite thing...it'll come back. WTG on the promotion! 

SassySparky

Hey gals!

RR: Did 3 miles last night in the dark (well with a head lamp and street lights). I had to do the hilly route because that’s the one with the best lighting. Super proud of myself for doing it. Anyway, tonight is ST.

NRR: Work is really busy right now, and I’m seriously thinking about start giving G  one bottle with half formula a day so I only have to pump twice at work instead of three times (I pump 5 times a day to get enough for his bottles).  I hate having to make this decision but pumping is the last thing I want to do at 4:30 every day when I could get home 20 minutes earlier.  So I’m weighing spending 20 extra minutes with him a day  and having a little less stress at work with giving him 2 oz of formula a day.  Sorry this is insanely boring but it’s on my mind.

Hi Steph, welcome to the DIVAS. My husband Big D and I have a 8 month old baby boy Griffin, I do research at UNC chapel hill and recently PR’d in the Richmond Half marathon (WOOHOO) with 2:07:32.  I’ve been running for about 4 years and I’ve been INJURY FREE for 2 years now!  Have you done any 5k or 10k races to figure out your training paces to see if a 2:00 half is doable?

GSD- so sorry about the sleeping with M!  We had a “rough” patch where G was not sleeping from 9-11 every night but I think that’s because we were on Thanksgiving holiday and he was distracted by grandparents and sharing a room with us.

Jewel – you found us! 

Shoot I gotta run but I’ll be back for more personals later.

I'll be running my first full, the Richmond Marathon on November 16, 2013!