Womens Running

Now It's Really Friday dailies (Read 17 times)

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Post.

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Thursday the temperature was so much better that I dressed for rain and hit the trail. I saw a pair of Cardinals, Red Wing Blackbirds, Geese and Ospreys. Gulls were around also. That’s a new bird for that area of the river. Also saw Fox and Black Squirrels. It was a great 50 minute run and my knee did well on the downhills.

Today is classes so I will probably run a bit on the TM there. Yoga also.

Safe and happy runs, All! 

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

dhuffman63

Trails

6 last night on the TM.  Go back to the chiro/PT this morning, back is still a little tight.  I also have a massage on Sat so I hope I'll be good to go for the 21's trail marathon.

Good luck to any racing this weekend.

Seloc

TRX/Bells class this morning.  Well, I will be running 20mi tomorrow in a winter storm warning.  Swell.  At least I'll have company and the 30mph winds *should* be at our backs.  Nothing else on tap for the weekend.  Will plan to spend the rest of tomorrow under the electric blanket!!

Finished Chrissy Metz's memoire last night.  OMG, it is SO good!  Even if you don't know who she is, I highly recommend.  Now back to Carnegie's Maid which I'm enjoying.  Thanks to Ginny, I think?, for the rec.

Sue - hope you are feeling better today!!

Lizzie - temps tomorrow will be anywhere from 27-34.  We will find out in the morning haha.  We are getting a ride about 30 min NE of here and running to St. Paul on a paved rail/trail.  One of the fast RBs expressed interest.  She can just run ahead.  Hopefully we have a tailwind.

Karen - hope you had a lovely nap yesterday.  Safe travels to Boston!  Weather does NOT sound fun but what can you do.

Laura - lovely weather, eh?  Ugh.

Tessa - sounds like you need a sick day to rest and get better!!  So nice of you to help out DD.  Yes, I remember those days and totally agree with you in that I am happy they are behind me.

Gatsby - love when you check in but  on your lovely weather.  LOL - kidding.  Sorta.  Someday has to have some!!  Just be sure to enjoy it for me, okay??  Thanks 

Diane - nice dreamill miles.  Hopefully chiro and massage fixes you right up!!

Work work work today.  But, glad it's FRIDAY!!  Later, peeps

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

20.2 for this girl!

AWESOME run. I was surprised how awesome it was. Weather actually turned out pretty perfect - it was 62 but the dewpoint was in the 40's. No way there was 30-40mph wind gusts because I didn't even notice them. Felt great the entire time..it was just so LONG. After the runs I have been doing this week..I am ready for a cut week! More mentally than physically. OH and for the first time in FOREVER...I did not have a stomach upset on a training run! WHAT THE WHAT. Unheard of for me Smile

I CALLED OUT TODAY - WOOT WOOT! You know that I have never done that. I always work from home or something..so I have guilt! I worry about letting people down or using up my PTO. But oh well. I am happy I dont have to look at work emails today.

Once I got home I jumped right in the tub with some epsom salt. Went ahead and got dressed so I can hit the grocery early. I have to get stuff for dinner..SPAGHETTI!!! OH YEAH! Smile But after that...I am going to catch up on some reality trash that I have missed the past couple weeks. If I get any energy this afternoon, I might wash and clean out my car. Its going to be 80 today! I feel like I need to be outside doing something. Smile

Karen - I think you are going to surprise yourself in Boston. I really do! Those winds could change overnight - you never know. You did a lot yesterday! The grocery store alone wears you out Smile When are you flying out???

Docket - is your marathon this weekend?!

Run4kupcakes - If I don’t talk to you, good luck this weekend!

Laura - Nice miles yesterday! Glad they were good. Oh NO on the snow!!! I guess that doesn’t really help your mojo. Hang in there.

Tessa - Oh no. Sorry that you are so sick. I hope you called in sick today to get some rest. OMG on the driver. Are you talking about middle finger birds?! Smile YES! The ice cream we get him is the Frosty Paws. He loves them! We give him one probably about once a month. Awe, very sweet of you to send some of your bonus to DD. I am sure she appreciates it Smile Did you say homemade French fries?

Margaret - LOL at the Easter candy. I AM TOO - HCBF bought a HUGE bag of those Reeses’ Eggs. I am doomed now. Smile You needed some rest days! We are having some gorgeous spring weather as well Smile

Judy - Yay for rainy runs!! Enjoy the classes and the run today.

Diane - Nice 6 last night! Hope the Chiro and massage helps your back! Have you been doing more core exercises, too?

Cathy - Good luck to DD this weekend!!

HCBF is going into the RVA office for a while. A while meaning all day haha. Just me and Ruger today Smile

Have a great FriYAY everyone!!

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

Sandy - Woohoo for TRX/Bells class. Do you focus more on arms or legs? I tend to take it easy on the legs when I am in a cross-training class. I am happy that you will have company tomorrow. It will make it less awful. Do you have something to cover your face for the wind? You are going to ROCK IT!!! Just think about the beer and the electric blanket during the run Smile The route you choose should be nice. Its always nice to switch it up. I get tired of the same route over and over. But there are only so many places I would feel comfortable running at 3am. LOL. Hope your work day goes fast!

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

Oh Sandy, did I mention that I am going to have SPAGHETTI with some garlic bread? I am not sure if I mentioned that

Wow Lizzie--20 miles!! You rock! Definitely earned a day off!

I'm at the office --project update w boss. Hopefully she won't be too hard on me bc I still feel like crap. A little better. I'm hoping I have turned the corner. I want to go home at lunch and take a nap.

Judy--The other day I saw a 4 indigo warblers and a painted bunting in the backyard! So glad I had the binoculars handy. Also saw a summer tanager in the tree outside my office on Wednesday.

Ya'll have a great day!

RTurtles

Running with the Turtles

3 miles yesterday for me!    The good news is that there was no pain.  It was slow going though, I tried to keep my heart rate low.  I feel like I am starting over.  Oh well.  Hopefully that muscle memory will kick in soon.    It was nice to get out though, a bit windy but almost 60 degrees.  Back to parka weather today.  Planning to do some strength/cardio tonight.  The weather forecast hasn't changed much for tomorrow, high of 35, winds 25-35 mph with some gusts over 40 mph.  Only 80% chance of rain though.    DD doesn't seem too concerned.  Not experienced enough to know better, I guess.    I think DH plans to hide in the car while he waits for her!

Judy, sounds like a nice nature run!

Diane, nice 6!  Enjoy the massage!  DD probably has not run enough to know when to call a race due to weather.    If I had signed up I would probably do it, due to it being part of a series, but I wouldn't enjoy it.  

Sandy, good luck on the 20!  The electric blanket will feel awesome afterwards!  It's pretty miserable here now, dreary and the rain is coming in.  At least there isn't a winter storm warning. The memoire sounds good, I will have to read it!  I've got about 10 books on my list now.     Do you wear a HR monitor when you run?  Curious about how hard the mean girls make you run!  

Lizzie, awesome 20!  And no stomach issues?  Even more awesome!    Enjoy the day off!  We went to an Italian place in Vegas called Bootleggers off the strip (we were doing packet pick-up), from the outside it looked really gimmicky.  It was awesome though!  Little mini garlic bread for an appetizer.  I had shrimp scampi.  It was so good.  I was feeling a bit chunky this week, I needed that run last night.    I don't know about you, but once I started eating healthy regularly I didn't really want the junk food anymore.  Hopefully that will happen with HCBF!

Sue, I'm glad that you are feeling a bit better!

Margaret, enjoy the spring weather and candy.    DD is a trooper, it has not even occured to her to not run the race!

Tessa, sorry that you are still not feeling well!  I guess standing around in freezing temps is a novelty for those that live in the dessert.  I am guessing it's not really -5, maybe 30 degrees, just enough to keep things icy!  Nice that you could help DD out with your bonus!  Sounds like a nice meal.  The wine sounds good too.  

Laura, hope the snow storm misses you!

Karen, have a great trip and good luck in Boston!

Damaris, really cute kitty INKnBURN tops!

Elina, good luck on the trail 10K!

Cathy

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  I have Pilates and weights after work tonight.

Judy, nice job on the run.  Sounds like a fun time.

Diane, nice 6.  Hoping the massage helps the back.  Mine is super tight as well.

Sandy, ugh at the wind.  Good luck with the 20.

Liz, you deserved to be off.  Nice 20.  Now I want spaghetti.

Susan, feel better soon!

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Cathy, nice 3.  Glad there was no pain.

Damaris

Yay me--the project review went well!

Headed home for the afternoon. I can't stop coughing, and I know folks don't want a sickie in the office with them.

Sofa--here I come!

dhuffman63

Trails

The chiro/PT guy pissed me off today.  Appt at 830...he wanders in at 845...I was getting ready to leave.  Pretty much told me "I'm a hard case cause I do long distances, most of my patients can't walk 100 yards"  One recommendation he made though I'll have to try...he suggested, since I don't, that I pay attention to how my feet, knees, hips and shoulders line up to see if there might be something there that is contributing since I hurts only after 20 miles. God I hate small towns.  At least the massage therapist helps.

I've had a god awful headache today too.

Lizzie, I'm still being lazy too and not doing much of anything besides the yoga stretches and the one he showed me.  I need to get my happy ass back up to the gym....I could definitely use it.

Sandy every time I look at the weather for the 21st I cringe and then I think of you and your weather.  Course I personally are too wimpy to go out in that, yay TM.  I'd go out in Damaris's weather before yours

Susan, sorry you are still sick, glad your review went well.

Tessa, hope you feel better today too.

Good luck Karen and HCK on the races this weekend.

Anonymous Guest

5 for me this morning. This will probably be my last run before the marathon. Normally I'd do a shake out run, but between traveling tomorrow and really cold weather (hooray, a wintry mix!?!) on Sunday, I'll probably just take rest days. Not to mention I'll probably do a good bit of walking both days.

After my run, I took my Kohl's 20% off coupon (why do I only get the 30% when I can't make it over there?) and found the men's clearance section and got me a nice warm 1/4 zip pullover for $8 for before the start. That plus a dollar store rain poncho and some old sweats or pajama pants will have to get me to the start line hopefully not freezing and not soaking wet. Nothing much else planned today except for packing - flight out first thing in the morning. I'm excited for the weekend and all the people I'm going to see and just the atmosphere of the city. And I think the race will turn out okay too. Rainy and windy and 50 should be better running than last year's mid-80s and full sun. I think it hit 70 the year I ran it and that was pretty hot and miserable by the end.

Liz, woohoo on the 20, and even bigger woohoo on calling out!

Judy, lots of bird sightings in that 50 minutes of running - very cool.

Diane, that sucks about your chiro/PT. I'd have been fuming when he strolled in like that. I understand sometimes things happen and people run late, but geez, call the office and tell them so they can let you know, then rush in and apologize profusely.

Sandy, I have faith in you - you are going to crush the 20. I looked that book up in my library and so far they only have the audiobook. Hate it when that happens. I put it on my Goodreads "want to read" list so I won't forget about it. I just finished Librarian of Auschwitz then started an older Jodi Picoult book (I find those are good for reading on the plane), but Carnegie's Maid is next on my Kindle. I just got it from the library a couple days ago, so should be able to get it read before it has to go back to the library. And maybe after all that, Chrissy Metz' book will be available as more than an audiobook.

Susan, so glad the project review went well. Hope you're home on the couch napping and relaxing.

Cathy, yay on the pain free run!!!!!! You will come back faster than you realize. Oh my gosh, your DD is so little, those winds are going to knock her over. I think your DH needs to do the race and be her wind blocker......

Damaris, I was cracking up at you getting a shirt for each one of your cats. You better keep Richard around or you are well on your way to becoming a crazy cat lady!!

Front coming through here tonight and the weather is supposed to be beautiful this weekend. I hope it's still nice when I get back on Tuesday.

karen

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

My lazy butt didn't do much today. I made it over to Kroger around 9:30 - Which is really the best time to go! No one was in there except for some cute fire fighters. Wink

Took a nap and watched TV trash for a few hours. I just got back in from washing my car...it is HOT out there. Not bad since the humidity is low..but..its coming.

i dont really feel like I ran 20 miles this morning..maybe because I have been lazy most of the day. When I run long and go to work, I feel awful by the end of the day. Probably because I am never sitting at a desk to long..always on my feet.

Susan - So glad the project review went well. Go get yourself some couch and rest time Smile

Cathy - I smiled SO big when I read that you had a pain free run!! I guess it really is like starting from scratch again. Thats okay - at least you are out there - and I do think you’ll be back faster than you think. Just in time for Spring! Smile Good luck to DD!! She will do great Smile She is a mini-you - aka a mini badass. I do like Karen’s idea of having DH run the race to block the winds Smile Mini garlic bread app?! YUMMMM. I love me some garlic bread. Uhm, you are anything but chunky Smile All those carbs will help fuel all your upcoming runs Smile Are you doing anything challenges right now? YES TOTALLY AGREE about the eating healthy. Once I started - I never really crave the bad stuff. Unless I run 20+ miles haha. With these increased mileage weeks I have a hard time eating enough carbs. Just because I have gone without them for so long, I don’t crave them. HCBF impressed me last night - I asked him what he wanted with his grilled chicken (usually is Mac and cheese) and he said GREEN BEANS! We didn’t have any, but you better bet your ass I ran right up to Food Lion and got some! I wasn’t passing that chance up Smile

Docket - Enjoy the weights tonight! I bet you are glad this week is over Smile You sounded like you had a busy schedule.

Diane - Ugh, sorry the apt didn’t go well. Are there any others in your area that you could get a second opinion from? I promise that building a core will help SO MUCH. Helped my back pain 95%.

Karen - I think the only time you may be uncomfortable is while you are waiting to start. Once you start running - I don’t really think the rain and temps will bother you. Maybe the wind…but..park yourself behind a big guy! I am feeling pretty confident that you are going to do great! I am really excited for you!! Have a safe flight and a great time!!!!!! AHHH!!! Smile

Okay. HCBF got home Smile Have a great evening everyone!