Womens Running

Boxing Day Tuesdailies (Read 11 times)

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

I'm told by my American BIL that that's not a thing in America. Apparently it's British and we Canadians adopted it. Basically it's devolved to your equivalent of Black Friday and there's absolutely no way in hell I'm going near a store today. I am not totally sure if the days original meaning. I think it has to do with giving servants the day off after yesterday's busy-ness.

I hope everyone enjoyed their holiday yesterday. Ours was nice.

Hoping to run something later today and chop away at what remains of my 2023 mileage goal. I think I have 15 miles left in the year. It's doable

Lori

*it's Bertha or me. My money is on me.*

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Nope. It's a work day here today.

I have 3 after work. In the office as I'm the only one working today (everybody took off, fuckers).

Damaris

Half Crazy K 2.0

I'm off all week. You do not want to go near any stores today (well, grocery are probably ok). Loads of people returning stuff. It's foggy and ugly out, trying to get the motivation to go do something.

I’m working today, but it’s WFH so no biggie.  I expect it to be pretty quiet.  I’ll run later today. Pretty gray out, with rain in the forecast for tomorrow.  Feasted yesterday and will feast some more tonight at the neighbors. 

Lori, no Boxing Day in the US.  I had a vague notion it had something to do with the boxes from the Christmas gifts. 

Damaris, sorry you are sitting alone in an empty office. 

HCK, hope you find your motivation. Maybe it’s under a pile of wrapping paper in the recycle bin?  

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

Anonymous Guest

I ran 6. Cold front came through after all the rain - weird running in the 40s.

My Christmas kinda sucked. I miss living close to family. This year I just wasn't feeling it so I didn't put up a tree or any decorations. On the plus side, nothing to put away now. On the minus side, I was just really sad yesterday. Feeling better today.

DH got the call today that he does indeed have skin cancer on his arm. They can't schedule a procedure to get rid of yet because the doctor is out today apparently. I just want to know if it's going to affect the timing of our January trip so I can make plans. He, of course, is freaking out because they used the word cancer. It's not melanoma, it's the basal cell one, which the dermatologist told me was the absolute best kind of cancer to get if you're going to get it. They just cut it out and you're good to go. Nobody was concerned when I had it, but this is apparently the end of the world. That is, if he's not already dying from the lingering cough he has from the flu. I just can't right now.

Aren't I just the bringer of joy and fun today.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

Karen... That's a lot to absorb. Hugs.

Lori

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Karen, hugs.

Damaris

Karen, Sorry yesterday was not a good day for you. Just FYI, I’m always happy to text/chat/whatever whether holiday or not. With the bonus of, if it’s a holiday and I’m cooking, there will likely be some sort of mishap to share. Like forgetting the mushrooms for the mushroom gravy… Re basal cell carcinoma, I have had two removed and I’m still kicking, so you can add that to the data you share with the boy.

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

I looked it up: Boxing Day symbolizes generosity as the affluent once boxed surplus items for the less fortunate. This globally embraced holiday extends beyond the UK, celebrated with unique regional flavors in Australia, Canada, and Europe.

Karen, :::HUGS:::

45 minutes running on TM, then hair cut & color. Beige instead of yellow, short and spiked.

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

I looked it up: Boxing Day symbolizes generosity as the affluent once boxed surplus items for the less fortunate. This globally embraced holiday extends beyond the UK, celebrated with unique regional flavors in Australia, Canada, and Europe.

Karen, :::HUGS:::

45 minutes running on TM, then hair cut & color. Beige instead of yellow, short and spiked.

Hubby volunteered at a soup kitchen. I think that counts.

Lori

Half Crazy K 2.0

5 miles with 4 x 200 to try moving a little faster plus strength training after. Had thought about going to the grocery store, but it's getting foggier by the minute.

AnonymousGuest, hugs, Definitely tough to not be close to family. On the positive side, you miss the absolute cluster that is the airports when you go see family outside the major holidays.

Anonymous Guest

Thanks, all. I'm okay.

I feel like I'm on the upswing.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel