Womens Running

Happy Tuesday (dailies) (Read 19 times)

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

As soon as they start playing, they will have cases so I doubt they will for long.

Damaris

Anonymous Guest

I am back in the land of the internet. No internet, no cell service in all of Yellowstone. I'd get an occasional 3G signal, but that's it. We left there this morning and drove about 5 hours and stopped just north of Salt Lake City. We're at a KOA tonight, taking showers, possibly doing some laundry, plugged in for full a/c. We are staying somewhere (not sure where yet) around Moab tomorrow, then a couple nights at a state park near Canyonlands, then back to Pagosa and our condo for 1-2 weeks. We may drive into Canyonlands for a day as we ended up buying a national parks annual pass, which has already saved us money since we hit up Arches, Grand Teton and Yellowstone so far. National Parks are full of beautiful things, but they are not great for dogs, which is why we're going to a Utah state park next. At least they're allowed on the trails there.

I ran about 5 miles yesterday, pretty much right alongside Yellowstone Lake, which was just gorgeous. The mountain bike trails I ran at Grand Targhee over the weekend were fun, but the hills.......those were some exhausting runs.

Lisa, at least if one brake had to go it was the front one. The back one is much more important (if you can only have one, that is).

Liz, I'm sorry work is so frustrating. And that weather doesn't help, I'm sure. You would love the weather I've been running in. Was in the 30s overnight while in Yellowstone, and mid 40s in Grand Targhee.

Kathryn, not a tattoo person, but yours is really pretty. I like it.

Cathy, TF has not had good luck with other people and COVID. Glad the girls got to meet him - sounds like it went pretty well.

Sandy, that was me that recommended The Authenticity Project. I loved it. Your work has been sucking too, sorry about that. You need a three week road trip. DH is asking for the retirement paperwork as soon as we get back.

Tessa, yay on all the kittens getting adopted!

I know I missed a bunch of you, but hey, this is my best attempt at personals in over a week. And the laundry is wide open so I'm going to go throw a load in.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

LC Runs

5 mile walk this evening with tall friend.  I opted for sleep the morning since, once again, was wide awake half of the night, ugh.

Elina - enjoy the game!  Yes, the cut out people are silly!

Lisa - nice bike ride this weekend and glad you enjoyed time with A and his boys.  Yes, weird about the ex, but what can you do??  Best to not let it be an issue!

Damaris - hope you had a good run!

Lizzie - this humidity is really rough, I am struggling this year with it because it's making me not want to run, like I'm tired and lazy. We are supposed to cool off after tomorrow so I'm hoping that helps!  I have been at my current job almost 7 years, so it will be 9-10 years once DS is graduated.  I'm glad your travel has at least been postponed.

Sue - nice 5!  I am having the tight waistband going right now.  I was doing great in the spring but the wheels have recently fallen off, I feel gross!

Kat - that is awesome that you spend time on your creative side.  I used to love art as a kid but do nothing now, I need to find a fun hobby.  I beaded bracelets for awhile when the kids were really little but then, well, kids...LOL

Lori - I am with you, I am in bed by 10 and often am sleeping on the couch at 9!

Cathy - nice 6!  Man, TF is not having luck with people, that stinks!

Tessa - great news on the kittens!  Nice 5.3!!

Sandy - my mom was usually home aroun 5 so we ate around 6/6:30.  I do the same!  DD is looking for a full time job, she is meeting with a friend of mine whose husband needs a secretary in his law office.  It would be a great opportunity for her (just him and his daughter work there and my friend assists when she's not golfing lol).  I am a little worried since I don't want my friend to feel weird if DD doesn't work out, etc  But, I think it would be great for her.  She's also looking at moving out with 2 GF and renting a house (would be renting from the older sister of one of the girls).  She would only be about 1.5 miles away...but I'm thinking about the drama involved with 3 18 year olds living together...oh well, we shall see...

Karen - welcome back!!

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

Rant alert. So I'm kinda ticked with my friend,  the one I normally run with. She KNOWS I can't run ultras anymore and that this fact really upsets me still and that hubby really screwed up his back and can barely walk at the moment. Tonight she got the local fatass RD (another friend) to message me to get us to do his next event. 40 miles but to be fair he's offering a 14 mile option. She asked me last week if I was interested.  I told her no and reiterated the reasons why. She brought it up again at a social event Saturday. Again I said no.

I DO NOT WANT TO DO IT because I'm so jealous that I can't do the full event nor want to do the shorter version because (insert sarcasm) ya I really want to hear about how everyone did or about their next ultra. Talk about FOMO. I've told her this again and again, that I'm not ready to be involved even on a volunteer level and have stayed away from this particular group as result.  In fact,  I've only been running solo lately. I'm pissed that she put me under the pressure of having to turn down the RD. She means well but she's in denial about my no longer being able but her insistence makes me feel bad.

Lori

*it's Bertha or me. My money is on me.*

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**