Womens Running

Weekend dailies (Read 17 times)

Kilmisters

Sorry, no creativity in the title 

''What will happen if I run up the hills? Ah, volcano muscle soreness!!'' (c) Margaret

''Who needs quads anyway!?'' (c) Damaris

Kilmisters

Sandy, well, I can't blame your germaphobic friend when seemingly every second person (at least here) is down w some virus/flu/whatever. Basketball? March Madness? Omg. One of the things North American sports thinfs I will never understand (the hype around it). (NFL is a solid first in that list).

Liz, with all those changes coming up - no surprise you need some space. That stuff can affect running too. Funny you question if you are a runner after a 12+mi run Smile We all have crappy ones!

Laura, two races in one day? I assume the one w kid (aww!) w be a really positive cool-down Smile

Margaret, that picture, soooo jealous!! Snow here melted, uhm, a month ago.

Cathy, haha, teaching the DD useful terms Big grin Hoping you get better soon!

8mi planned today, game tomorrow.

''What will happen if I run up the hills? Ah, volcano muscle soreness!!'' (c) Margaret

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

6.2 for me!

Ah, back in the 40's Smile Good run but I just didn't feel like doing it today. Ran without headphones and the run flew by! Lots going on in this head of mine. Ending the week at 39 - hehe, I was trying to stay in the 30's Smile Ramping back up next week!

No core class today - heading out of here shortly to a hair appointment. Hoping HCF gets a move on cleaning out that extra room. No big plans for us this weekend.

Cathy - Oh no! Your entire household has been sick. Yuck! Hope everyone starts to feel better soon Smile Oh I am so happy that you feel better after talking to someone! I reached out to someone a few weeks ago and she said she didn’t have anything available until May. She gave me a few other people to call..I just haven’t yet. I need to. Badly! I could use one more snow fall Smile Especially now that I won’t have to drive in it!! LOL on DD and the TURD Smile Hope that sickness gets out of there this weekend.

Laura - Good luck and have fun today!

Run4kupcakes - Nice run yesterday! Back to the colder swing now Wink

Margaret - I have been so jealous of your hooky days! Looks like so much fun. Sometimes you just need to go have some fun Smile Darn, forgot about re-acclimating. Enjoy your low key weekend!

Kilmisters - Good luck on the run and the game. Be careful!

Happy Saturday!

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

LC Runs

Good Morning!  I slept in until 7:30 and it was so nice!

Half K - nice 6!

Margaret - I am sick of snow BUT that is a lovely picture and looks like a great day!

Elina - have a good 8.  As far as the race set up, you can do the 8k, 5k or both.  The 8k is first at 9:30 and then the 5k is at 11:30.  The 5k is super crowded (like 6,000 people) so it is not a race you an easily run fast in, unless you are way at the front.  So, it is a good one to buddy up with someone.  The 8k is more maneuverable, not that I have much speed in my legs these days LOL

Lizzie - nice run and glad the weather cooperated!  Have a good hair appointment.  Race is tomorrow which is nice because I did not want to get up early today ha ha!

Will run something later this morning.  Mid 20's here but clear and dry so I'll take it.  We are supposed to be in the 40's most of next week woot woot!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  I have 6 tonight.

Margaret, nice outing.  LOL, I don't even wear a short sleeve unless it's less than 40F for an easy run. Smile

Elina, hope the 8 go well. How are you feeling?

Liz, nice run.

Laura, ha.  I just woke up and I could've slept a bit more!

Damaris

Kilmisters

Liz, hair appointment? Smile Anything fun in mind or usual stuff?

Laura, ouch, 6'000 runner 5k really sounds like fun event more than a race... Which is not bad, of course Smile

8mi today. Pouring rain, so it was a bit cold, but now I am under blankets, w tea (it may have a bit of liquor in it ) waiting for NHL matinee games. Nice feeling to do mostly nothing for weeks for different reasons and then go out and run those miles w/o that being big deal. I know, I know, it's not a LR, but still..

Edit: the coworker I mentioned, the one who's a hockey player and wants to run his first marathon in 2 months and started training 2 weeks ago... He got sick. So even less days/weeks to train. Ouch.

LC Runs

3 miles - holy shmoly it was cold and windy!

Probably going to work on my taxes today...ugh,..I usually have them done by now but I just don't wanna....

Damaris - yay for extra sleep!  Have a great 6!

Elina - Way to go on the 8 and enjoy the  blankets and hot tea!

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

Running rest day for me! Heading to a Body Pump class around 10:15.

Hair turned out awesome! HCF and I ran errands afterwords..one that did include a trip to the cupcake shop for a Pistachio cupcake Smile

HCF is going to put together my desk today. i think his sister and BIL are coming over to help us move some furniture around. HCF can't really move anything heavy yet.

I was thinking, since I am going to be WFH,  I will be able to sleep an extra hour every morning!! This is exciting, haha. I am going to test it out tomorrow since I am off Smile

Laura - Opps, thought it was yesterday! Well go out and have fun today Smile Do you not get money back on your taxes?

Docket - Geez, you are warm blooded!

Kilmisters - Nice run yesterday! I bet it felt awesome Smile Have a great game today!! Eh, just went a little lighter on my hair. As light as it is now, will probably be the lightest I go! HCF wants it blonde for the wedding.

Happy Sunday!

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

Half Crazy K 2.0

Rest day yesterday, 10 mile (well, 9.8 mile) race today. Slower than I wanted, course had way more hills that I expected. Apparently it's only flat inside the fence for BWI airport. Outside the fence, little hills the whole way around.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Afternoon!  20 TM miles done. We are seeing Bob Seger tonight and I bet we will be the youngest people there by 20 years at least.

Damaris

LC Runs

Happy St Patrick's Day!

Irish Double today.  8k to start, did okay I think my time was 46:11, not my best but that's okay.  The 5k was run very slow, I actually did not end up running with the student because he didn't participate (found out ahead of time).  So I ran with BRF and her buddy for the first 1/2 mile or so then I ran on my own.  Super slow, legs were tired and it was hard to weave around people as we started near the back.  5k in 33:46.  Overall a fun time.  I am tired now!

LIzzie - hope you enjoyed your running rest day!  I actually do get a refund, I just had to gather my stuff and college kids' stuff so it's kind of a pain.  But, they are done!

Half K - nice race!!

Damaris - awesome TM miles. Enjoy Bob Seger!!

RTurtles

Running with the Turtles

Happy weekend and Happy St Patty's Day!    I've just been hanging out at home this weekend, older DD started getting sick Friday.  But it's been fairly warm out, so I was able to run 6 miles outside on Saturday morning and 12.27 this morning!  By warm, I mean in the 20's and sunny.    BUT we are supposed to be in the 50's by the weekend!  Smashrun told me that my long run was my longest duration run in a year.  It actually felt good.  Minimal jumping around to avoid ice.  Of course, when I got home, younger DD asked why I didn't just run 13 miles and make it a half marathon.  

Elina, I hope the game went well!  I am not a big basketball fan either.  How did liquor get in your tea?    Nice rainy 8!

Liz, nice miles for the week!  I took quite a cutback this week, next week was supposed to be a peak week at 40 miles.  I guess that I will play it by ear.    I hope that you can find someone to talk to soon!  The cupcake sounds yummy!  Haha, enjoy the extra sleep!   It's the little things, right?  

Laura, nice races this weekend!  I can't do the math right now on your pace for the 8K, it just sounds good.    Hope you got the taxes done!

Damaris, nice TM 20!  Enjoy the concert!

Kupcakes, sounds like a fun race.  The unexpectedly hilly ones are always fun.  

Cathy

Kilmisters

Liz, extra hour of sleep in the morning is something I would kill for. Hashtag not a morning person. Enjoy this change Smile

Cathy, I second your DD's question, how can you stop at 12.2mi!? Smile Nice LR! Are you training for anything?

Good job, HCK & Laura Smile I admire your motivation to get out there for races at this time (this time being - not summer yet Big grin) of the year Smile

The game was meh. Oh well. Play-offs next weekend. And next week at work will be insane.

Anonymous Guest

I am exhausted. The conference was good. I was able to make the 6 am meet up to run yesterday morning so ran 6 miles with a group. Ended up being 5-6 of us running similar pace and stuck together in front, then the rest kind of straggling behind for awhile. Today we were done by noon so I was able to come home and get my run in this afternoon. Glad I did my long run on Friday, but wish I hadn't left the tempo for today,  3 x 2.5 miles at half marathon pace with 4 minute recoveries. 11 miles total with w/u and c/d. Rest day tomorrow and cutback week next week. Thank goodness.

Need to figure out what to do for dinner (it may be a pizza). Will try to get back here once my brain is functioning normally.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

LC Runs

Cathy - it was about 9:15/mile which is pretty good but I have run sub 9's in the past so definitely room for improvement