Womens Running

Back Again TUESDAYS (DAILIES) (Read 20 times)

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

NOOOOOO

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

8.2 miles for me. Body Pump after work.

Sigh. 75 dewpoint out there. Wasn't too bad actually - I was going super slow so maybe that is why Smile I was of course a sweaty mess. I am so over this! Our weather guy this morning said that we will cool down a bit this weekend but the humidity isn't going anywhere for a while. Probably not until the end of September. UGH! Its never going to end.  I have some speed work this week, not sure I will do it.

Back to reality today..I have lots of inspections to do.

Docket – Yay for an outside run!! Nice run especially after the race!

Tessa – Aw, kittens! I am going to have to think of a name. Nice run yesterday. Enjoy that cool weather!

Run4kupcakes – Wow, nice run! It was AWFUL outside yesterday. Smart to end the last interval early I hope you are feeling okay today!

Margaret – Hope the apt goes okay today. You reminded me that I need to get one of mine looked at. It has changed shape recently.

Happy Tuesday!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  I have Pilates and 4 miles tonight.  Doubt they will be outside as the hurricane left our area and normally when that happens the heat and humidity are above all, fucking horrible.

Liz, nice run.  That was our dewpoint last night. Mine didn't feel nice since I declined to slow down (even though I did because my legs were tired, ha).

Damaris

5 decent miles this morning.  Humidity was a bit lower. We are neck deep in storm prep here.  Schools are closed and we are shutting the lab down this morning. Thanks Hurricane Gordon. If it is not raining when I get home I'm going to cut the grass. We have had SO much rain already!! We have been dry for almost 24 hours, so I'd better get out and cut it while I can.

Congrats Karen!

Yay Tessa--more kitties!

We are hoping this storm will just blow through quickly....

dhuffman63

Trails

Nala, Nicolai, Nicole, Natasha, Nash, Noah, Nolan

Tessa that's all I can think of off the top of my head for N names for the new kitties.

As for the race not really upset as I wasn't too keen on it to start with.  Just hate to lose that money as I could have done another one but Sept is now going to be filled with travel.  Have to go to KC next week and then turn around and go to CO the weekend after. The 22nd is DGD's 2nd birthday and I'll get home just in time for the party. (It's actually the 19th but they are having her party the 22nd.)

I spent Monday doing nothing since my stomach wasn't 100% happy.  I need to find some neutral shoes that are 4mm drop or less that have some good cushioning so I can do some 20+ mile TM walks. Any recommendations?

Susan I hope it leaves quickly also.  My mom had mentioned Sunday it had been raining a lot already and didn't need any more.

Damaris at least you got out some  I still haven't managed any and I was hoping for some on Sunday but guess where the TS is heading...looks to be a messy week here.

Seloc

Gatsby – sorry for having to work over the weekend but the little less stressed this week would definitely motivate!  Perhaps you are out for your easy miles as I write!  Good luck at the derm.  Welllll the Farmer’s Almanac says warmer and dryer winter than normal.  So, fingers crossed the less than ideal marathon training won’t be all that bad?

HCK – wow, KILLER workout!  Especially at that time of day in those conditions.  Whew.  What’s next for you?  Like Gatsby, chills for me means suuuuuuuuuuuuper dehydrated.

Tessa – awwwwww YAY for the new kit kats!  And I vote for what Gatsby came up with!

Damaris – I’d say your HR was high because of that weather and speed!  Plus, you just ran 18 freakin miles at elevation!  Body might need some time to recover, no?  So after hearing your sweet voice on FB from the weekend it makes me laugh when you swear hahaha

Lizzie – okay, It’s not that I “forget” to eat.  Trust me on that one.  On Sunday I was just taking bites and the beer was filling.  I’m ready for summer to be over, too.  70s dewpoints can KICK it.  LOL awwww Ruger buddy with his peacock.  I can’t wait to meet him in person!!  Nice miles but 75* dewpoint is HORRIBLE.  Never “wasn’t too bad”.  Whew.  I could not run slow enough this morning in 70*/70*.  Didn’t help I was underfueled.  Hope your inspections go well and the day goes fast!

Karen – hmmm maybe I need to try A Man Called Ove again.  Sometimes if I’m not in the mood to read I poo poo a book without really giving it a chance.  HOORAY for Glass City!!  T-4 days til puppy!!

Ginny – carbs are DEFINITELY good this week!!  Excited for you guys.  And if YOU are over this weather, then I don’t feel so bad.  I heard on the news that we have had the 2nd hottest and most humid summer (meteorological summer – Mem Day to Labor Day) in 145 years.  So, yeah, the worst of winter and the worst of summer.  Le sigh.

Sue – ugh on Gordon!  Stay safe!  Nice miles this morning.

Cathy – I finished that book yesterday – really good!  Kinda weird but I liked it.

I did manage to hit the river bottom trails yesterday for 5mi.  Overcast so it wasn’t horrible.  This morning’s 5 was FAR worse.  Raining all day and into tomorrow and then we should get a break.  I can’t wait!!  Not much going on here.  Just working for the weekend…

Started to pack my drop boxes... since there was a good chance of rain, I picked up some small bins with locking tops. I am going to be of little use these 3 days at work by the looks of this morning. So hard to concentrate. Be back later.

Lisa

Anonymous Guest

Susan, I was relieved when Gordon decided not to hit this area, until I saw it was coming directly for you. Stay safe and hunker down!

HCK, dang nice workout last night.

Margaret, DH had to work a bit too yesterday. He has a project with a group of Germans, and they don't really care about American holidays. Hopefully your working leads to a less stressful week for you.

Liz, our overnight lows have gone from 80 back down to mid to upper 70s, and I swear in the mornings I go outside and think it's nice and cool out. That is so so so wrong. Of course, once I start running I realize that no, it is not cool out. You just gotta do what you can in the heat and humidity. It will get better.

Damaris, back to the TM for you!

Diane, no help on the shoes as I like a higher drop. That's a lot of travel - you are going to be busy fitting that all in and getting some long walks in!

Sandy, I saw something the other day that said the Farmers Almanac said warmer than normal, but the Old Farmers Almanac said colder than normal. What do old farmers know anyway? Nice getting runs in even though it's been crappy. One advantage of a November race is hopefully some cooler training days. And hopefully soon!

I have a hill workout with my group tonight. I'll be going nice and slow. This afternoon should be fun - we're taking Riley to this private dog pool to try to get him over his fear of jumping in the pool. Look up Rummy's Beach Club on facebook if you're interested.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

ginnyb

Diane....I like Saucony Kinvara, I prefer a lower drop too.

Liz...our dewpoints have been between 70-75 for a week now, very unusual for here, especially with the temps in the 90's too.  Yep, even too much for me.

Sue...hope you get that lawn mowed.  Nice to get off work, except for the storm part.

Damaris....I can sympathize with you over the weather more now .  We haven't had a summer like this in a loooong time, you tend to forget how awful the heat and humidity can be when we are knee deep in snow until April sometimes.

Sandy...I have been thoroughly enjoying my bagel binge!

Upper body with trainer this morning...man it was hot in there!!  He went a little easier on me, arms were shaking when I left though.

Ginny

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

HI Karen--Just waiting for the word to close the lab and then we are headed home to hunker down. A dog pool---would love that for my pups. Jake likes to swim. Deuce LOVES pool parties and Skye is absolutely terrified of water.

Ready to hunker.

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

Hi Ladies,

Lizzie, glad your miles were decent.  Good luck with a cooler weekend.  Hope the inspections go well.

Damaris, enjoy pilates/run tonight.

Sue, good luck with the storm.  Hopefully the lab will close soon for you.

Diane, glad you weren't upset about the race.  Helps a bit.  Good luck finding shoes.

Sandy, hey there and howdy.

Lisa, good idea for boxes.  Can't wait!!

Karen, I am the same as you.  I walked out this morning and it was about 75 and I thought the same thing about it being "cool"  I hope Riley has fun today.  He is so cute wandering around the edge of the hot tub though.

Ginny, awesome workout.  Good 5 yesterday too.

Boy oh boy, has it ever been dumping here.  We got 9" of rain in 24 hours.  I haven't driven by the areas that fill with water, but the green space behind my house looked flooded a few houses down and had a current.  I got 3-4 severe weather alerts on my phone in the middle of the night - not pleased.  And the dog was agitated.  Not the best night sleep ever.

I got out for 2 short miles.  I wasn't into getting caught in a massive downpour if it decided to.  I did do a decent run/walk today.  Figure I need to get some running started.

I got more dates for working at the other clinics, so far I have 19 days total between now and the end of the year.  I have a HUGE sneaking suspicion my current place is changing their hours dramatically starting November.  There has been a bit of rumors and the schedule for bidding on Nov hasn't been released yet - big sign.  I will be screwed, but figure something out.  November is bleak, December is OK since I have a decent amount of days booked.

Crap for work later.  I mistakenly signed up for a clinic that is an hour away.  Mad at myself.

K

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024

Arimathea

Tessa

Ginny, sorry, missed you yesterday! Have fun on the bagel binge. Mmm, everything bagels with lots of peanut butter on them. They make good prerace fuel also.

Susan, I saw where Gordon was headed and am thinking of you. Hope you and yours will ride it out safely. Poor Skye! It would be nice if occasionally the authorities would open the kiddie pools (the ones with zero entry so there's no step) for dogs. I know the hair of some breeds would clog the filters, though.

And we will take your rain. Crispy California can use all the moisture you can spare.

Karen, glad it missed you, but Diane, hope it is not bad if the bands hit your area.

Liz, hope something shakes loose at work soon. (Other than Mammel's adult diaper. That needs to stay in place.)

Thanks everyone for the kit kat names. I like Margaret's suggestions, although we do often go with nouns that aren't actual proper names. Right now the front runners include Namor (part of the Marvel universe I think or it might be DC, it was DSBF's suggestion), Nicely (as in "Guys and Dolls"), Nunchuck, Nacho, and Nutella. Although if that goes to the boy he will shortly be NoNutella. We are still evaluating personalities. SIL and DD suggested some that I shot down, you'd think we were taking nominations from the local predators: Nosh, Nugget, Nibbles, and Nom. These babies aren't going outside!

Hi everyone I missed. Back to work. 3.25 this morning with RN, have to leave at noon for an exam.

ginnyb

Help me think of something to put on my bib for Glass City besides my name.  There has to be something clever, but I can't think of anything.  I was thinking something with my age, but I don't turn 70 until October 2019.  I went to sign up and then cancelled until I come up with something better than my name.

Ginny

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

Seloc

Ginny - haha I left mine blank 

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

Today has been nonstop!! Nothing but issues! I guess I shouldnt complain because the day has flown.

Docket – Good luck on the 4 tonight!

Susan – Be safe in the storm!!!

Diane – Oh wow you have a busy September! I hope your stomach is feeling better today! As for the shoes, what brand usually works best for you? Maybe look for a neutral show in that same brand. I use Saucony or Mizuno as my goto. But Brooks is growing on me…but like Karen, I like a higher drop.

Sandy – Nice miles yesterday and today. You must have switched your rest days around??? Oh wow, so you have had the worst Winter and one of the hottest Summers?! This hasn’t been your year with weather. LOL. I think we have had an extremely humid Summer as well. Honestly, we are normally humid to about mid-September. Just not this humid!

Lisa – Big race this weekend!! Woohooo!! Sorry, I am sure that is not helping your work motivation Smile I am so excited for you!

Karen – Rummy Beach Club looks so awesome! What a great idea!! Let us know how Riley does. Uhm, TCM BETTER have cooler temperatures or I am not running. LOL. I am so over it. Good luck on the hill workout this evening!

Ginny – Love when I leave a workout with arms shaking Smile Are you feeling ready for this weekend?? Whats the weather look like?

Kathryn – Nice 2 in between the downpours! Wow, that is a lot of rain. Be careful driving out there. I hope your current place doesn’t change the hours to dramatically! Hang in there.

Tessa – Okay, I am laughing. I sure do hope Mammels diaper doesn’t come loose. LOL. Nice miles this morning. I like Nutella! That’s cute.

Have a good afternoon!