Anonymous Guest

Post.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I feel the same, lol.

I have 8 tonight.  Will be in Broward today which brightens my day better than being in the office, just saying.

Damaris

Anonymous Guest

So I've been up since 3:30 this morning. Was half awake and suddenly my leg felt very warm. The leg Huckles was lying against. Last night we went out to dinner and when we came home found he had gotten on the counter and into a big bag of Skittles. Learned from the internet that he probably wouldn't die, but may have vomiting and diarrhea and should have plenty of water available. He threw up in the backyard. He drank a ton of water, so I made sure to let him out right before I went to bed. And then about 3:30, he peed in his sleep. On the bed. Everybody up, sheets off the bed, I took a shower, washed the sheets and my pjs, sprayed the mattress with Resolve, searched the internet again for "how to get pee out of a mattress." DH steam cleaned it, the I sprinkled it with baking soda, which all the people on the internet said to do. I tried to sleep on the couch for a bit but finally just gave up and started on coffee.

My plan has 18 on the schedule today (that will teach me to enjoy a cutback week!), but I had pretty much already decided to move that to tomorrow for both better weather and the fact that we are expecting a fedex delivery that requires a signature. Definitely not running it today now.

The signature delivery by the way, is our new toys.  DH got a $500 attaboy reward thing at work, so we spent that and basically our tax refund and got two e-bikes. They are folding so they will fit in the back of the Winnebago, and will go 20 mph.  DH goes out of town tomorrow for work and will be gone the rest of the week, so I'm glad they'll be here today so he can assemble them before he goes.

Margaret, congrats on the race Saturday!!! Good to know there are people out there that enjoy muddy, sloppy, shoe-sucking trails.

Elina, congrats on the win!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Oy, Hucks.  Hershey has done that but with poop or vomiting!  Of course middle of the night.  Joy.  Try to nap while waiting for Fed Ex.

Damaris

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

10.2 for me! Heading to abs class tonight.

Ugh. This run felt really hard. I think it was a combination of it being 55 degrees (wasn't that bad really, but 20-25 degrees warmer than last week!) and a tough body pump class. When I got home I checked my watch and it had my heart rate in the 150's which I didn't think was accurate. But..thinking about it, I think it might have been considering how much warmer it was. IDK..not my best. Hopefully that means tomorrow will be better.

First day at work! Smile Feels weird to say that when I am still at home! I am not really sure what to do....I guess someone will be calling me? Smile I finished my run by 6:40 which is when I would be ready for work before. So cool. Kinda rushed to get ready so I could get Ruger to daycare. He has been off the walls the past 24 hours. He needs to burn some energy!!

Tessa – We have a workspace set up at home. Last year we finished the room above our garage and put the treadmill in there. We just moved some things around so now its my office and has the treadmill 😊 Yes, Ruger will still go to daycare. He needs to get that energy out! OMG on DS and DN not needing the garb! Bummer. Guess its nice to have that on hand.

Docket – Good luck on the 8! Have fun in Broward!

Karen – When I saw you started the thread, I knew something was up. This is too early for you. Oh man. What a way to start your day. Yeah, definitely wouldn’t be doing a long run after that. A friend of mine had an older dog and he did that A LOT. She used baking soda and had some machine called a “spot bot” to get it off the mattress. Ugh. Is he doing okay? Like, still throwing up? YAY for the new toys!! Those sound fun.

Happy Monday!

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

OH..KAREN...Blue Bell is arriving today! All the news teams were reporting live from the trucks about to leave for delivery! LOL. I am going to get me some TONIGHT!!

Anonymous Guest

OH..KAREN...Blue Bell is arriving today! All the news teams were reporting live from the trucks about to leave for delivery! LOL. I am going to get me some TONIGHT!!

While the Pralines n Cream is awesome, I also recommend Key Lime Mango Tart. And Butter Crunch. And Cookie Two-Step.

Have a great first day of new work!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Liz, I was going to ask if now you'll be able to run later.  I love WFH because I can just wake up 15 minutes before starting work if I'm not running beforehand.  It's an extra 1.5 hours I used to not get back!

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Not sure if I ever mentioned I got my mid-year evaluation from the boss last time he was here (last week?)  I've never gotten one from the old boss; just the paper.  He was very happy with me and his written words were awesome (especially on the part about the shutdown).  But when he met me, he said I made his 9 months as boss in the office very pleasant.

He hates being bothered with petty and minor shit, which is why he likes me a lot because I hardly ever email him, do my work, and only consult with him when it's one of those things we have to run through the chain of command.  But other attorneys in the office ask him 100000 questions. Don't be them, ha.

Damaris

Seloc

Oof, ya that’s early, Karen!  Just regular early for me to get out for 5+ speedy-ish (for me) miles with faster friend.  5mi walk yesterday and 10mi run on Sat.  No shorts, though.  It’s still been in the 20*s at night.  Patio still covered in snow and sill lots of piles around.  Lots of flooding this week.  River should crest on Sat or Sun.  Already saw it seeping over the road this morning.

Happy to have swept all the pounds of sand out of the garage.  Also watched a lot of basketball.  Some great games!  The Duke / UCF game yesterday was especially exciting.

Is it bad I already can’t wait for this work week to be over??

Gatsby – that UC Irvine killed my bracket!  Haha.  Always great stories.  Sister Jean with Loyola last year was super fun.  Congrats on your race!  Wow that sounds like a lot of mud.

Lizzie – hooray for wedding bands.  Sorry your friend flaked on you.  HOORAY for first day at new job!!  Whoa that was some serious cleaning XT yesterday.  Hope you got to rest some in the afternoon.  OMG you and Karen crack me up with your love of BB ice cream haha

Damaris – so sorry for the insurance woes with DH.  How did the scan go?  Bummer about your race, too!  Hooray for not having to go into the office today.  Awww, that’s awesome you had such a great review!!  It’s sure nice to be appreciated.  Way to go!!

Elina – whoa 16 hours of sleep??  I had to calculate how I could even do that.  8pm-noon?  I don’t think I could!  But surely you needed that with everything you have going on.  Plus your playoff game!  Sounded super exciting, too.  Congrats!

Karen – HUGE bummer on the early wakeup.  Dang that was a lot of activity at your house already this morning.  Hope you get a nap!  CONGRATS on the 5K.  Super exciting.  And for your baby runners, too.  That’s a lot of swag for such a small event.  Your new toys sound FUN!!

Laura – nice run yesterday!  Is the snow finally melting where you are?  Our paths are almost ALMOST completely clear.  I am trying not to get so super excited since it is only March haha.

Tessa – aww bummer the costumes are not immediately needed but so nice of you to do them.  Good running over the weekend, too!

Later!

Happy Monday! Rest day here.  Saturday was the Azalea Trail 10k in Mobile.  1:02.  I took it easy.  Last year that was where I started off too fast and pretty much had an exercise-induced asthma attack and walked 3+ miles to the finish line.  Sunday did an easy 3 miles.  ATR results are still not posted, but I know I didn't place. Don't care, just happy I didn't suck.

Busy with new house prep and cleaning over the weekend. Flooring is going down today.

Ugh! Karen--omg on the skittles.  I hope Huck is better this morning.  Been there, done that. Got the $500 t-shirt when Skye at 2 lbs of chocolate covered coffee beans. Awesome job on the race, btw.

So...yesterday DH finally realized that I am going to a 4 day quilt seminar this week, not a 1 day seminar.....He's better this morning. Wink

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

Monday Monday...

Karen, uh oh on the skittles...  Hope Mr. Huckles is OK.  They can get wicked pancreatitis from things like that, or a nasty GI squirty disease.  We hand out $3000 estimates for those.  YIKES.   Sounds like a good plan to switch LR days.  Congrats on your race!!!!!!  Super Duper.

Damaris, enjoy your day away from the office.

Lizzie, hope the first day goes well!!!  I bet Ruger will have a blast at daycare!  Funny about the ice cream, what's your go to flavor?

Sandy, you still have frickin' snow????  Holy shit.  It is supposed to get to 79 here today, though I doubt it unless it clears up..  Sorry about your brackets.  I read there were fewer upsets, so there are a lot of big names left.  I would like to see Gonzaga take it this year.

Sue, glad the race went OK, easy is my pace.  Fun you have a quilting seminar, 4 days.  Is it out of town?

Just got back from a run/walk.  Was thinking 3-4 miles, decided to do 5 instead.  Semi-frustrated and semi-pleased if that makes sense.  Parts were extra slow and was like WTF, and other parts were better.  Was thinking of doing a longer walk, but opted for a shorter run/walk.

I have a potential race on April 6th.  If the weather is good I will do it (25K.)  If it is rainy I will pass, it was yucky last year in the mud.  The parking lot was the worst, I almost took out a parked car in the mud pit.  Then the trail race/Glass City at the end of the month.

Work was surprising.  The lead night tech came back.  I honestly was shocked.  Being the lead, it seems like he should have held some responsibility.  But, I don't know all the details, so I can't really say.  That being said, I am super happy he is back, he is my favorite and my rock.  He did get demoted though.

Not much else.  Weekend was meh.  Didn't do anything of value.  Worked my fill-in on Saturday, happy I only have 3 more left.

Hope everyones day goes well and is more Friday-like than Monday-like.

K

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024

Hey Kat--yes, the seminar is near New Orleans.  I have shared a room with one of my quilty friends several times for this seminar. I'm looking forward to it, even though timing is not the best.

We are working our way through a carton of Blue Bell Butter Crunch 

Ugh.  Feb 20 I emailed the health plex director and asked how to end my membership at the end of March.  No response.

I was in the gym and asked the guys behind the desk if they had a form for me to sign---no, but they would take care of it for me.

So, I just got a call from the Healthplex and they want me to renew my membership, and since they don't have any "wet signed" document from me, they will charge me for next month.  GRRRR!!!!!  I do have a copy of the email I sent, so I  am fighting this one.  Pisses me off.  I know they are desperate for members, but don't make it so difficult to end your membership!!

Rant over. Maybe...

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

Karen – Cookie two step?! That sounds yummy.

Docket – YES!! I am going to love the more sleep! SWEET on the awesome review from the boss!! Do you get a raise?! 😊

Sandy – Woohoo! Nice miles the past couple days!! Haha, I can’t wait for this week to be over, either! Are you doing something fun this weekend?? Do you normally get snow in April?!

Susan – Nice job on the race this weekend! Sounds like it went so much better than last year 😊 Aw, DH is going to miss you!! That is frustrating about the gym! Good thing you have something in writing!

Kathryn – Nice job getting out there for some miles today. Ohhh hopefully that race on the 6th works out. Glad to hear your favorite tech is back!! Go to Blue Bell ice cream is pralines n’ cream. BUT..they have good everything so you can never go wrong.

Pretty boring day over here. First days are always a pain in the butt because you have to get access to everything. Takes forever. Doesn't help that my trainer/mentor is touring his sites today (he lives in GA). Quiet day! I am ready for some work now Smile

Since I have a treadmill in here, I have been taking 10 minute walk breaks. I took 4 today..hoping to keep that up!

Heading to abs class soon! Have a good afternoon everyone.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Docket – YES!! I am going to love the more sleep! SWEET on the awesome review from the boss!! Do you get a raise?! 😊

Don't get me started.  Someone (who lives on a house of white color) is still sitting on that part of the bill that was passed to reopen the government giving us our 2019 COLA raise.  It's three months now and we still have not been paid that COLA raise for Jan-March. 

Damaris