Womens Running

Early Monday (dailies) (Read 21 times)

Kilmisters

Yet another 7am start in the office to do the important reports in silence, not while listening to what everyone did during the weekend #introvertproblems

''What will happen if I run up the hills? Ah, volcano muscle soreness!!'' (c) Margaret

''Who needs quads anyway!?'' (c) Damaris

Kilmisters

Karen, laughing about Riley being all dramatic. Mainly because he's such a big dog, not one of those small cat-sized (or smaller) ones.

Margaret, nice miles! And you were right - SJS got eliminated. Las Vegas Cinderella story continues (meh).

Gu w cake flavor?? My apologies, but that's about as American as it gets Big grin (maybe that Cathy DD's medal w bacon comes close). Lizzie, I am 100% sure it would be your favourite Big grin

Legs haven't been so dead after a race in years. Tough speedwork, maybe. Race? No. I feel every km of today's short run will be tough.

''What will happen if I run up the hills? Ah, volcano muscle soreness!!'' (c) Margaret

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

7.3 speed work miles for me. I did 10x 1min/1 min recover. Ab class tonight.

Awesome run because it was a beautiful morning! In the 50's and lower humidity. Very nice start to the week. Run went great. Loving the lower miles so far Smile I say so far because just give me a few days and I will be full of extra energy Smile

Good thing I didn't wear white today because I dropped my coffee on myself in the car. Sigh. Oh well. Took Ruger to daycare. I have started doing 3x a week. He isn't complaining Smile

Is it Friday, yet? I can't believe I leave for Fargo next week!

Margaret – Awe, that is too bad about your friend who got off course. Same for the the guy who fell!! Yikes. Tough day! You are very sweet for helping at the aid stations! That may be too much extroverting for me. LOL.

Kilmisters – I am sure you are tired today! I bet the shakeout short run will surprise you..the first mile may be tough but it will help! I love early office starts!

Karen & Sandy - I have been peeping at race weather. Too early to really be accurate of course - sunny, 78/51. That is a bit warm..but that is warm for VA..in Fargo they don't have much humidity, right? 50's with no humidity would be nice!

Happy Birthday Lisa!!

Have a great day everyone!

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

Core this morning.

DF was gone all weekend for work and came home sick.  I think it is allergies, but he is a mess. Poor fella

Of course dogs were involved in the jam mishap--I think Stark's tail started the  jam jars crash to the floor incident.  And then they wanted to help clean up. I didn't want them to get into the glass.

Ginny--I agree--find a chiro who works with athletes. I've also worked w a PT and found the serpent pose to be very helpful for back problems.

Shiprock marathon looks neat! Congrats!!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  I have 7 miles tonight.

Elina, it's Birthday Cake flavor!  Limited one for their anniversary. And it's awesome!

Liz, nice speedwork.

Susan, oh, those tails can be dangerous.

Damaris

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Sunday Buddy and I walked a whole mile…on the slower side.  Toe did not hurt or swell. I feel like I can really exercise again! It changed my whole outlook for the better! I can keep going out and walking the trail every day now. Bunnies were out.

Safe and happy runs, All! 

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

Seloc

Elina – HUGE CONGRATS!!  On your inaugural trail race!!  Glad you had so much fun and a great time, too!  Congrats to Latvia World Hockey!  Cute picture.

Karen – oh no on Riley!  Poor pup.  Glad it turned out to be minor.  Awesome run yesterday!  Wow, that was hot.

Ginny – LOL yeah, I know, I could regret moving my parka haha.  Though it is supposed to get to 85* toady!  Sorry GDs softball season wasn’t great but boy does she stay busy.  So fun to watch games when you know the participants.  I do see a chiro.  Have tried different ones on and off over the years.  This one I’m sticking with – she listens and educates!  I also have only once ever had an x-ray.  And that place wanted to commit to a full treatment plan.  Nope.  That’s not how I work.  The ones I’ve like the best actually listen and manipulate including massage and stim when needed.  I’d say if you are getting a bad vibe, try somewhere else.  You know your body better than anyone!  Nice 5 yesterday and yummmm on the pork loin.  Hope you had a lovely afternoon with family.

Laura – great pics of your DS on FB!  My nephew had prom this weekend, too.  Love to see the youngsters all gussied up.

Lizzie – awww girl I’m so sorry your dad is having some medical issues.  It is so hard to see your parents like that!  Sending some healing vibes to him.  Oh man, I so wanted tacos this weekend!  Strawberries for you from the farmer’s market?  Oh man, strawberries aren’t in season here until mid-June.  Fargo is coming QUICK!  So excited!  50s and no humidity isn’t bad at all.  That is a bit warm but I agree, depends on humidity.  It would be unusual for high humidity that time of year but can’t rule it out.  Should be able to start stalking heavily later in the week.  Oh, and when we are running through town there should be a fair amount of shade with the big mature trees!

Diane – shoot, sorry for the DNF but heat is HARD.  Nice job getting to the marathon distance!!  Looking forward to your RR.

Kat – congrats on your half!  Loved the pics – looks TOUGH.  Cracking up at all the cows!

HCK – so do tell about these special Cinco de Mayo cupcakes!  Do they taste like a marguerita or tacos?  LOL

Sue – how did the meeting go with your boss?  Hope I didn’t miss that.  Congrats on the relay.  Wow were you ambitious with the strawberry jam!  Bet it makes it taste even better!

Tessa – glad you checked in!  And your kitten stories always make me smile.  Glad they are doing well!  Sorry work and finals are cutting into your running.

Diana – great pics!  HUGE congrats!  That is HOT!!  Thanks, Cathy, for relaying the report!!

Damaris – I WILL be hunting down some birthday cake Gu this week.

Gatsby – wow, that pic is amazing!  Pretty spectacular running routes you have out there.  Nice miles, too!  Taper time now for Pinelands?  Thank you for volunteering – wow that was a long day.  A guy I know from the running group ran (and finished) !!

Shuffled 13.1 mi yesterday in under 222.  Weather was decent  55* at the start, 70* at the finish.  Slight breeze.  Obviously I wasn’t racing this thing at all.  Lots of hills.  I started walking them after mile 8.  Felt really good.  This *should* translate to sub 5 for Fargo but I haven’t had any big mileage weeks so who knows.  As long as it doesn’t turn into a slog, I really won’t care.  Hit a couple breweries after which was fun.  Regular rest day today.

Derby party on Saturday was fun – no winners in our group.  And, yes, Elina, I had my customary ONE mint julep and was home before 7pm.  Since I had to pick up speedy RB at 5:15 yesterday.

Nothing much at all going on this week.  Ho hum.  Supposed to get to 85* today.  Wearing sandals – woot!  But cool off as the week goes on.  With some rain which we need.  Later peeps!

dhuffman63

Trails

Elina, congratulations on your first trail HM.  Are you hooked?  I did my first trail as a 5k and was instantly hooked on trails.  You did awesome and wonderful you had such a supportive DH.

Diana (Cathy please pass on) congratulation on the AG ...that's a wonderful award.  I would love to see Shiprock some day since it features in the Joe Leaphorn stories.

I've pretty much had to quit the GU's and my stomach is still kind of upset so it just sounds gross.  I found that raisins work well...if it's not 90 degrees cause then nothing works well.

Margaret that pic looks so lovely...you are lucky you have such a nice place to run.  I've heard a lot about Miwok...is it a hard race?

Lizzie working an aid station can actually be fun. If you work one at a trail ultra you can learn all sorts of things.  Trail runners and especially ultra runners are some of the nicest people I've met.  And unlike road races there are fewer people so unless it's an especially popular race there can be fewer than 100 people.  At Flint Hills there were less than 50 and the Hearland I did had less than 100 in both the 50 mile and the 50k combined.

Sue I'm sorry but I laughed at the jam incident.  Dogs can be such a help (sarcasm).  Sorry DF is feeling bad.  My allergies have been haywire tor a couple of weeks now.

Karen, how is Riley today?

Damaris I posted a pic of my InB outfit for the race on FB, still don't know how to post here.  The Alli shorts worked great.

It's going to be in the high 80's this week so perhaps I can start getting in some heat acclimation.  I'll write up a RR in a little while.

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

Elina, hope you got the reports done before others showed.

Lizzie, great run.  Fargo is right around the corner.  I couldn't wear white on a good day.  I have ONE scrub top that I ALWAYS spill on, always.  It is kind of a joke now.

Sue, sorry for DF feeling cruddy, hope it passes soon.  Sorry about the jam incident.

Damaris, glad you enjoyed the show the other day.  Good luck with your run tonight.  Oh, Megan got me in touch with the artist (Tiny Bubbles) and it is all set up, he gave me the go ahead!!

Judy, glad you were able to get out for a slow easy mile.

Sandy, your race was almost twice as fast as mine!!  Sounds like a lovely weekend overall.  Fun.  And regarding Austin, I will come up to you.  If your friend is working, you and I can do some Austin things, and of course have a cocktail.  And BBQ.

Diane, I saw the photo's on FB of the race.  First, you looked great in your INB.  Second, that course looked like it would be brutal in the sun.  You did the right thing by stopping.  There will be others!!  Smile

Lisa, HAPPY HAPPY!!  I will enjoy a Founders Rubaeus later in your honor.

Lazy morning today.  Got up WAY too early - 7:15am.  I usually sleep till 9.  Yes, 9.  Walking gingerly still.  Yesterday was fun when I had to kneel on the floor a bunch of times.  We don't do big dogs on the exam table.

Today I am getting one of my tattoos touched up.  I have a cherry blossom on my arm and the flowers turned out a bit bland.  Hopefully we can get them to pop more.  My next tattoo gets started July 15th and will likely take place over 3 sessions as it is intricate.  I am so addicted....  Mom is gonna flip.

Had some "excitement" last night when I got home.  Saw a police helicopter flying around my tiny neighborhood.  Pulled into the development and there were a good 6+ cop cars there with more down the main street.  Went out back and you could see/hear the cops and ATV's searching the greenbelt behind my house.  Turns out they were arresting a guy at the gas station across the street and he legged it, handcuffed and all.  Dipshit.  Funny, I never felt threatened at all, rather somewhat amused.

Happy Monday all.

K

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Diane, this one?

Kathy, yay!  I suspected it was Tiny Bubbles, but wasn't sure.  He is amazing.

Damaris

dhuffman63

Trails

Cross posted....

Kat congratulation on the Box of Rocks!  That is a tough one.

Sandy, I missed the Derby for the first time in years.

Hi Judy, glad to hear you can exercise again.

Ginny, I've not had much luck with chiro's...my massage therapist is another story tho...she's wonderful.

That's it Damaris.  I tried my gaitors but they didn't stop grit coming in the sides of the shoes. No blisters and no chafing so at least I'm doing something right...lol.

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

KATS, what is a good way of discouraging wandering cats in a backyard that is not harmful to the cats? Sprayed water? I realize there is not a sure way of doing this. I have had cats in the past and consider myself a "cat person" so I wouldn't want to harm them. I know it is really hard to discourage cats. 

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

Anonymous Guest

Good morning! (At least it still is here, for another few minutes at least.) I ran 5 super easy miles around the neighborhood this morning. I was just looking at the internet and drinking my coffee and checked the weather - it was already 78 degrees before 9 am and is heading up to 90 today. So I decided I better get out there and get it done. Wasn't too bad as the humidity is not showing up until later in the week. Let's just say I'm glad it's time to taper.

Rest of the day is probably going to be spent mainly on the computer. I'm emailing a couple race directors trying to get discounts for my group, doing a bunch of administrative stuff for the group (still trying to get access to the back end of the website to make some updates, working on getting sponsors, etc.) and I have some training plans to figure out.

Elina, hope you got a lot accomplished this morning.

Liz and Sandy, I'm not paying attention to the weather yet - I think this far ahead they are mainly looking at averages and don't know what's going to happen on a single particular day. But.....a little warmer than I'd like, but not bad if that forecast comes through. For this late in May, I think that would be pretty good. Plus we'll be done running before it gets to 70 anyway.

Susan, a lab "otter tail" started the mishap? Call me......not at all surprised. Poor DF, hope he feels better soon.

Damaris, enjoy the 7 tonight.

Judy, hooray for walking a mile! I bet that really lifted your spirits.

Sandy, nice job on the half. Especially for keeping it easy and walking the hills. I'm glad you're enjoying 85, but let's keep those temps down for a couple more weeks, mmkay?

Diane, reading your RR next. You looked adorable, by the way. Those course pictures looked hot and brutal. And I guess since you ran a 50K at your last marathon, running a marathon at this 50K kinda evens out?

Kathryn, wow on the neighborhood excitement! 7:15?!? Riley still gets me up most mornings between 5:30 and 6, but I go right back to bed and usually sleep until 8. I may have to change that habit with summer coming though.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

RTurtles

Running with the Turtles

Happy Monday!  Awesome weekend here, great weather!  Since I ran on Friday, I decided to do elliptical on Saturday and a run on Sunday.  I did a 40 minute elliptical interval workout using an app called Motion Traxx.  It actually went pretty quickly!  Elliptical workouts are usually a real slog for me.    6.3 miles on Sunday.  I also got a new bike this weekend!  It's so light!  My last one was a hybrid and pretty heavy.  This one is still not a road bike but it is really light.  It's a Trek FX Sport 4.  Took it for a short ride with the kids yesterday to check out a geocache near us.  I'm looking to do more cross training this year so I'm excited.  Oh, I will pass on the congrats to Diana!

Lisa, happy birthday!

Elina, congrats on the trail race!  That is a great time!  Those hilly trail races kill your legs.  That is a good pic also!  Funny that mini-K was drawing too much attention.  

Lizzie, nice speedwork!  Glad you had some nice weather, that was the weather that I ran in yesterday.  It was awesome!  Wow, a couple weeks until Fargo!  I am excited for you!     Aww, I hope your dad is OK.  The DNA test, we did get the results in.  No big surprises for anyone but DH!  As we knew, he is a mutt, but a lot more Great Britain and Scandinavian and less Irish than he thought.  He was surprised about the Scandinavian.  He hasn't asked his parents about that yet.    They also found a lot of 2nd cousins for him.  Adopted DD's test showed some Thai.  It didn't have anything closer than a 4th cousin, but maybe someday we will find some closer relatives.  My test showed 95% Chinese, mostly southern China, but also 5% Vietnamese and Cambodian.  That was interesting.  Younger DD's showed 42% Asian and 21% Great Britain, with the remainder Western Europe, Scandinavia, and 5% Polynesia (the Vietnamese and Thai from me).  So while she isn't half Chinese, it's close.    It did catch that I am her mother and DH is her father.  Whew.  Haha.  

Sandy, nice shufflin'!    Do you have a race plan for Fargo?  We are supposed to get rain later in the week also.  Though I have a trail race with DD on Saturday, so hoping it won't be a huge mess!  

Diane, it sounds like you made a smart choice for your race!  Under reasonable conditions I am sure that you can do 50K.  The InB is really cute on you!

Kat, wow, that sounds like some excitement!  Sounds like quite the tattoo you have planned, can't wait to see it!  I can't sleep until 9.    I like your race pics!

Karen, it sounds like your taper is coming at a good time!  Haha, funny that DH is having all your GU.  I'm glad you had a good long run this weekend!  And that Riley is OK.

Margaret, that is a long time to be volunteering!  Gorgeous pic!  Nice miles for the week!

Damaris, I usually stick to salted caramel GU but I may have to try some of the new flavors!    If I ever run long again.  

Tessa, I'm glad the kitties are doing well!

Laura, I was overdressed this weekend also.  I am coming to realize that thin shirts with long sleeves are pretty much useless for this area, it's either too cold or too warm for a thin long sleeve shirt.  

Cathy

Kilmisters

Lizzie, isn't Monday too early for ''is it Friday yet''? Smile Ruger must be very happy! I still find that name very weird. Then again my friend named her cat Dog, so what do I know.

Sue, still smiling about the jam saga. Probably wasn't funny when it happened, but the way you describe it makes it sound very comical.

Sandy, home before 7pm? Not sure if proud or disappointed Big grin Probably the former; you know, w the Fargo race so close there is no need for extra alcohol in the system.

Kat, wow, that sounds like random evening show for you. 6 cars is amusing enough but a helicopter!? There's a Latvian army base not far from where we live and it's not unusual for some helicopters/small planes to fly over our heads every now and then. Oh well.

Diane, not sure if 100% hooked, but I am planning to run the next stage of this trail series too (June 9). Not 21k this time, tho; the middle distance (approx 10-12k). My legs would just quit on me if I picked another trail HM so soon. No need to push it. And that's a cute picture, you look so happy!

Karen, and I have some training plans to figure out- I am way more excited for this than you could imagine 

10k today in 73 degrees. What. The. F---. Since when is it full-scale summer here... Totally caught me off guard. So not an easy run at all, but it is done. Another rest day tomorrow.