Womens Running

Flyin' Fridailies!!! (Read 25 times)

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

I hope Friday FLIES by for all of you and you fly on your runs!

Me....

So kiss me and smile for me 
    Tell me that you'll wait for me 
    Hold me like you'll never let me go 
    'Cause I'm leavin' on a jet plane…

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

Up before my alarm and feeling EXCITED!!

Sue, that is a lovely photo, what a cute couple.

Lizzie, how did the dentist go?  LR today, well, tapering LR?

Damaris, safe travels to you tomorrow!  Were you able to get in touch with your folks?

Laura, 66 squats.  Ugh, but you are my hero.

Karen, you are going to be the next Pfitz/Daniels/Higdon...  7min miles, unheard of.

Lori, congrats on a speedy run!  I always run by myself too.  Too slow for everyone else.

Sandy, awww, thanks for adding me to Chicago.  I am expecting about 6:20, so don't lose hope when I don't keep up.  I am also in the last wave/last corral.  My GF is going to come to DC, though she has lots of family obligations.  She might not do Sat dinner with us...  Sad

Cathy, that interval run sounds speedy...

Tessa, bummer you are still hot too, though starting in a long sleeve gives hope.

HCK, sorry about the work stress, I feel you on that recently.

Huron, what is your favorite thing to do on your list?  Or one you are most looking forward to or already did??  Cool idea.  I turn 50 late next year.  The event sounds fun.  Adult beverages and men in tuxes!  Or men without tuxes, wink wink...

So, here I sit, finishing my coffee with no need to be up so early.  I HOPE I am all packed.  I know I have my running kit and I think I have everything.  I have the basics, so whatever I don't have, I can buy.  I have reservations at Cafe Spiaggia tonight.  It is the cafe counterpart to Spiaggia, a swanky place from my understanding.  I have already spent about $150 on things I want to order off the menu.  I will try to control myself.  HAH, that was funny.

I get in at 11am and will hit the expo after I drop my bags at the hotel and have a snack, pizza perhaps?  Yummy Chicago deep dish?  Tomorrow is a free day, until 4:15 that is with our "dinner" reservations.  I am hoping they have jewelry at the expo, I have a marathon necklace with charms of all the fulls I have done.  I am HOPING if I have a charm going into the race, I will be required to finish!  Can't have a charm if I DNF.  It worked for Big Sur!

No change in the weather, still 77 with a big old fat SUN in the forecast.  But the dew point is only supposed to be 60.

What else can I bore the heck out of you folks with.  I am antsy with too much time till I need to leave...  Hmm, can't really think of much, so I will close out here.

Be well all of you and thanks for all the well wishes.

Kathryn

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

CrazySue, the picture is really cute!

KATS, I always type my posts in a Word document so I can edit or copy/paste over again if it vanishes. I’ve never regretted it.

Thursday I got the soup on and went out the trail for an hour.

Posture report: The hips have been forward successfully for quite a while. The middle of the back straightened up with the hips almost automatically. When those things were pretty well a habit, I am working on getting the chest up. I’ve been going from tree to tree or pole to pole to keep reminding myself to be diligent. So far it is working. Fingers crossed.

Yoga done.

Today I am taking DC to his hospital test and the kitchen sink just started leaking a small stream of water. Will probably run tomorrow morning.

Safe and happy runs, All!  

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

12.2 for me. Last 6 were at MP.

Awesome run. I say that a lot. huh? I felt strong and it felt like a "walk in the park". Did really well with keeping up with the pace. My watch was beeping but only because I wanted to go faster I guess. I need to change the MP pace range on my watch.

Dentist..uughhhh. Apparently the cavity was pretty deep so I FELT it. I was numb, but I felt it when he was drilling in there. He asked me if it was bearable pain and I said yes. But I was freaking out because I thought I was supposed to feel nothing?!!? Anywho..because it was so deep they put me on antibiotic. Just in case he missed some bad bacteria or whatnot. So now I feel like crap, My mouth hurts and antibitoics always mess with me. My stomach...blah..still can't eat on that side..the tooth itself hurts and my mouth hurts from those shots. THIS IS WHY I DONT GO. Its worth it I know I know.

My co-worker is sick with some cold/flu thing. She is coughing up a lung out there. I told her to stay the heck away from me. We are in countdown mode now!

Today is going to be busy. I can feel it.

Susan – Stay safe during Nate! Check in with us to let us know everything is okay!

Sandy – LOL at stinky mouths. I told HCBF that our dentist is weird..but I guess you have to be a little quirky to look in mouths all day Smile BUMMER about not having Monday off! The client we work for is a bank…so…we get their holidays too Smile I am surprised your work doesn’t provide parking! Oh wow another long run this weekend!? I thought last weekends might be it! Get it girl!! I guess you are feeling pretty recovered? I wish our bodies would just tell us – okay you are recovered – instead of just trying to guess! LOL. Pre Calculus!? OH BOY. Are you a numbers person???? Fun weekend planned for you!!!  Nothing exciting here but I LIKE that. I was hoping to get together with my parents but I guess that isn’t happening hahaha. We may go out to eat with his parents (like usual….) I also have to do some shopping to do – just need to return a few things. Relaxing hopefully! I did wake up in the 3's today..but last time for that for a while, too! Smile

Cathy & Sandy – Okay so, what is throwing me off is mile pace. WTH is that? MP?

Tessa – Nice miles yesterday! It is starting to get hot here also. BOO.

HuronHeart – Wow, you have quite the family! Smile I am glad running grew on you Smile I think that is the case for most of us. That event sounds really awesome.

Kathryn – UHM CHICAGO DEEP DISH! Please take a picture and send it to me so I can drool. Okay, with the dew point in the 60’s it will be bad..but not “too” bad. Not Houston bad. LOL. You got this! Have a safe flight! I need to add both you and Damaris!! You are going to have a great time!

Judy – Enjoy your rest day and good luck to DC on his hospital test. BUMMER on the kitchen sink..hope it gets fixed soon!

OH I did put together my marathon plans yesterday for One City and Fargo...training will start a week after Richmond. I am planning to take the entire week off right after Richmond... Smile

Off to check my emails. Happy Friday! OH did anyone see that Harvest Moon this morning?!?! I didn't even need a flashlight!

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

12.2 for me. Last 6 were at MP.

Awesome run. I say that a lot. huh? I felt strong and it felt like a "walk in the park". Did really well with keeping up with the pace. My watch was beeping but only because I wanted to go faster I guess. I need to change the MP pace range on my watch.

Dentist..uughhhh. Apparently the cavity was pretty deep so I FELT it. I was numb, but I felt it when he was drilling in there. He asked me if it was bearable pain and I said yes. But I was freaking out because I thought I was supposed to feel nothing?!!? Anywho..because it was so deep they put me on antibiotic. Just in case he missed some bad bacteria or whatnot. So now I feel like crap, My mouth hurts and antibitoics always mess with me. My stomach...blah..still can't eat on that side..the tooth itself hurts and my mouth hurts from those shots. THIS IS WHY I DONT GO. Its worth it I know I know.

My co-worker is sick with some cold/flu thing. She is coughing up a lung out there. I told her to stay the heck away from me. We are in countdown mode now!

Today is going to be busy. I can feel it.

Susan – Stay safe during Nate! Check in with us to let us know everything is okay!

Sandy – LOL at stinky mouths. I told HCBF that our dentist is weird..but I guess you have to be a little quirky to look in mouths all day Smile BUMMER about not having Monday off! The client we work for is a bank…so…we get their holidays too Smile I am surprised your work doesn’t provide parking! Oh wow another long run this weekend!? I thought last weekends might be it! Get it girl!! I guess you are feeling pretty recovered? I wish our bodies would just tell us – okay you are recovered – instead of just trying to guess! LOL. Pre Calculus!? OH BOY. Are you a numbers person???? Fun weekend planned for you!!!  Nothing exciting here but I LIKE that. I was hoping to get together with my parents but I guess that isn’t happening hahaha. We may go out to eat with his parents (like usual….) I also have to do some shopping to do – just need to return a few things. Relaxing hopefully! I did wake up in the 3's today..but last time for that for a while, too! Smile

Cathy & Sandy – Okay so, what is throwing me off is mile pace. WTH is that? MP?

Tessa – Nice miles yesterday! It is starting to get hot here also. BOO.

HuronHeart – Wow, you have quite the family! Smile I am glad running grew on you Smile I think that is the case for most of us. That event sounds really awesome.

Kathryn – UHM CHICAGO DEEP DISH! Please take a picture and send it to me so I can drool. Okay, with the dew point in the 60’s it will be bad..but not “too” bad. Not Houston bad. LOL. You got this! Have a safe flight! I need to add both you and Damaris!! You are going to have a great time!

Judy – Enjoy your rest day and good luck to DC on his hospital test. BUMMER on the kitchen sink..hope it gets fixed soon!

OH I did put together my marathon plans yesterday for One City and Fargo...training will start a week after Richmond. I am planning to take the entire week off right after Richmond... Smile

Off to check my emails. Happy Friday! OH did anyone see that Harvest Moon this morning?!?! I didn't even need a flashlight!

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

Sigh. I apparently quoted my own post and I dont know how to delete it. LOL. I guess this is the kinda day its going to be!

TGIF!!!!  Core this morning.  I am still sore from lunges !!!  Hurricane prep day at the office.  I am dressed like a bum.  T-shirt and running capris- don't care. Early release--a whole 1.5 hours.  whoopie!

Kat--good luck at the race tomrorow!!!

Lizzie--ugh.  Sorry about the dentist.  I'm going to get my flu shot this morning.  I travel so much--I think it is prudent to just do it. I send my sick co-workers home so they don't infect the entire office. That used to happen all the time when I first started here.  Twice in one year a sickie infected the entire office.  Decided it was not worth it.  Stay home!!

Have a great day!!

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

Bored at the airport and was wondering if the hotel was sold out for the weekend.  Looked and the rates are $85/night cheaper!  That is $300 for the weekend with tax.  Emailed them and will squak at the desk if they don't fix it.  That is ALOT of money.  And I booked well in advance and a last minute traveler should get a significantly better price?  Not pleased.

dhuffman63

Trails

Ok ladies I'm still here.  When I give you my "miles" they are walking and if I do any running it's just a few steps.

Did 4 on the TM last night and got it up to 3.3 mph.  Working my way up to 3.5 so I can be faster.  Found a lot of info on long distance walking on the web and even some training plans.

Huron, I'm in NE OK, have 2 grown children, 3 grandchildren, 5 dogs, 2 inside cats, 3 barn cats and 3 horses.  We live on 40 acres in what I can NE of Nowhere.  There are more cows than people where I live.  I recently started venturing outside and like to walk my gravel road with all it's hills.  I'm training for the Pumpkin Holler 50 on Oct 21 which is on gravel, hilly road in SE OK.

Kat, Damaris, can't remember who else is doing Chicago but GOOD LUCK ladies!  You'll have a smashing time I know.  Sorry the weather will be a tad warm but Kat you and Damaris should be used to that...lol.

Hi to everyone, I need to actually do some work today.  We are off Monday.

Bikerchick1

Good morning!

Kat - sorry I am behind the times here, but where are you off to?

Lizzie - Ouch on the dentist!  Hope it is feeling better today!

Susan - What a beautiful picture!

Sandy - Thanks for the replY about Fargo.  I think we are going to be on our Alaska trip then, we have changed the date a couple,of times..LOL.

Diane - DON’T stop posting...we still want to hear from you!!!  Sometimes you just have to do what you have to do!

Ginny - Are you doing Columbus Half?

HuronHeart - Michigander here, too!  Welcome Smile

off for hair cut/color and shopping Smile.  12 scheduled tomorrow.

carol

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  I have Pilates and 3 miles tonight.  I also need to find my KK donuts today.  Talked to both mom and dad yesterday, so there is that.

Kathryn, travel safe and have fun!

Judy, hoping the hospital tests go well.

Lizzie, I find that it's never feeling nothing at the dentist.  You always feel it a bit.  Nice run!

Susan, nice job on the core.  I still refuse to take the flu shot.  Never gotten the flu either, but I bet if I take the shot, I would.  LOL.  Good luck!

Diane, nice job on the 4!

Carol, enjoy the hair cut/color and the shopping!

Damaris

Seloc

Laura - I kinda thought you'd be busy with games!  OMG I do not know how you parents keep track of everything.  Hope you get a little down time today!!

Tessa - bummer on the Internet issue.  Hope they repaired it well this time!!  Sorry it's still so hot out there.

HCK - sorry about the work stress.  Hope the run helped!!

Huron - vacation planning!  Fun!  Where to?  I'm also interested in  your list - I hit that big milestone in early 2019.  Gulp.

Diane - yay! Glad we pressured you to stay.  WHO CARES if your miles are running or walking.  Or scooting on your hiney like Tessa said LOL.  You are DOING IT.

Kat - great, now I'm going to have that song stuck in my head alllllllllllll day!  At least I like it - and also think of it when I travel, too.  The other thing that gets stuck in my head <said in a British accent> "caution, you are reaching the end of the moving walkway"  haha  That is HOT for a marathon.  It would make me cry.  But, like Diane said, you are used to worse. You got this, girl!  I'll be cheering LOUD!

Judy - nice work on the posture.  Hope the sink is a quick fix!!

Lizzie - last double digit run - woohooooooo!  Girl, you put in some SERIOUS work this cycle - hope you are super proud of that!!  Ugh on the dentist.  That's happened to me before.  Yuck on the antibiotics but luckily you have a week to get them through your system.  And, maybe they will also help keep any potential germs away!!  Since I work DT, we do have the option of supposed discount contract parking but it's $120/mo!!  I park across the river about a mi away for FREE on the street.  I can easily walk (and walk after work every day no matter what) but in the mornings I've gotten lazy and take the bus across the river for 50cents.  Frugal Frieda at her finest LOL  Mile pace is FASTER than marathon pace.  Try this calculator to get an idea - https://runsmartproject.com/calculator/  I would use the interval value for mile pace.  So, if your mile pace is 8:00min/mi (yours may be even faster but I'll use this for easy math), then that workout would have you run hardish for 2min (1/4 mile) at the end.  Or, you could keep your watch on pace mode.  Does that make sense?  Your relaxing weekend sounds lovely.  I'm afraid I may have overbooked myself a bit haha

Sue - yikes!  Stay safe with Nate!

Carol - ooooh AK!  How fun!  Enjoy the C&C and good luck with your 12 tomorrow!!

Damaris - glad you've heard from your parents!  KK donuts??

Elina - whelp, the Wild started off miserably, eh?

Made it to TRX/Bells this morning.  I did NOT want to go haha.  Met up with a few from my Napa Ragnar team last night.  That was a bit annoying.  They said 4/4:30 so I bust my chops to get there - took an hour in traffic.  No one else showed until close to 5, some didn't show at all and one brought her 6yo daughter.  To happy hour.  At a bar.  Tomorrow I'm shooting for 15, tutoring a friends daughter and then taking my nephew to dinner.  Sunday heading an hour West of here to visit a winery or two and listen to my RBs husband play a gig at one.  Rainy today (hopefully done by morning) and sunny Sunday - yay!  VERY happy it's Fri-yay!

dhuffman63

Trails

Morning!  I have Pilates and 3 miles tonight.  I also need to find my KK donuts today.  Talked to both mom and dad yesterday, so there is that.

Kathryn, travel safe and have fun!

Judy, hoping the hospital tests go well.

Lizzie, I find that it's never feeling nothing at the dentist.  You always feel it a bit.  Nice run!

Susan, nice job on the core.  I still refuse to take the flu shot.  Never gotten the flu either, but I bet if I take the shot, I would.  LOL.  Good luck!

Diane, nice job on the 4!

Carol, enjoy the hair cut/color and the shopping!

Damaris they had free flu shots here yesterday but I passed as I was so afraid that if I got one then I'd get the flu just before the Pumpkin and I'd really be pissed at that.  So glad you heard from your parents.  Are they doing ok?  The news about PR has been so bad.

Sue, I'm watching Nate too as I'm kind of worried about my parents in Ocean Springs.  Hope your DS gets off ok before the nasty weather hits.

Judy, as always I am so impressed with your workouts.

Hi Sandy.

Kilmisters

Well, this day was... Interesting. Some geniuses thought it's a great idea to paint some parts of warehouse on Thursday (not Friday or weekend), so the smell spread thru ventilation pipes to whole office and it was impossible to be in those rooms. Department director just said - screw it - send out the most important reports (takes 10-20 minutes) and go home people, workday cancelled [there's some issues w VPN, so work from home is possible but w/o access to data systems, which for analysts means- impossible].

So, I met w my friend (3hrs at the best local cake spot - sorry Lizzie - had I known in advance there'd be an invitation sent Big grin), went to say hi to ex-colleagues at previous workplace (which, of course, led to their productivity falling to negative numbers because ''omg my favourite sarcastic bitchy person is here!!'' [not even mad about this label Big grin] and EVERYTHING about recent market events had to be discussed) and bought new floorball shoes (the old ones are literally falling apart). Got myself these <3 The color scheme is... interesting but supercomfy.

Yesterday's practice went well. Was supertired afterwards, but totally worth it. Feels weird to still be on the rink w miniK arriving in just a month, but doesn't feel wrong, tbh. All is done so that there is 0 risk of collision/contact, and, as I've said before, almost no baby-bump (thank you, sports and miniK location) so no risk of ''disbalance'' either.

Kat, just choose a place w decent beer and I am sure Lizzie and Sandy will be fine Big grin (cupcakes is a bonus!)

Lizzie, right? It's so sad that sleeping through the night seems like some sort of bonus; it should really be the norm. But probably not w all the work+sports workload. Great run today!

Diane, if you have decided to walk the distances then so be it, but please stay here! You are training for a marathon, as far as I understand, soooo Smile You've provided me w lots of inspiration by going from shorter distances to full marathon despite several obstacles on the way!

Karen, ha, it's not surprising your "brand" is expanding locally Smile That is actually so exciting, did you expect such development when you started? Smile

Laura, so after DS's regular season ends, are there playoffs? (Please tell me there are Big grin)

Tessa, true, Russian is tough and surely I am far from perfect at it, but good enough to get my point across (and understand almost everything). As for choir practice, those things being schedule late is indeed PITA, but still - not to play ''who's the bigger sufferer'' game, but falling asleep after running around the rink late in the eve is tougher than after choir. Then again, what do I know about that.

Sandy, congrats w WNBA title for MN! 4 times out of last 7 sounds like dominance. Does WNBA have salary cap? If stats don't lie (they usually do, tho (c) Elina the analyst Big grin), Latvians (on average) speak 2.8 languages Wink Not bad. Wild did start off like utter garbage, but oh well.. It's a long season. Bringing 6yo to bar? That.... is interesting.

''What will happen if I run up the hills? Ah, volcano muscle soreness!!'' (c) Margaret

''Who needs quads anyway!?'' (c) Damaris

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

Good morning everyone.

It was raining here when I awoke and wanted to run in it but then it stopped during. So 5k in no rain. Now it's pouring.

Lori

*it's Bertha or me. My money is on me.*

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**