Womens Running

MONDAY MONDAY LET'S MAKE IT A FUN DAY, DIVAS! (Read 17 times)

SassySparky

Post!

I'll be running my first full, the Richmond Marathon on November 16, 2013!

SassySparky

Morning ladies!

RR: Did 5 easy miles this morning. The road near my house finally re-opened over the weekend so I could access my trail instead of having to run straight uphill for .75 miles! It was great!

RR2: I did a second 17 miler on Saturday. It went well and I felt pretty good on Saturday but I was exhausted yesterday! Last week I did 37 miles total, and 28 of them were on T, F and Sat.

NRR: Had a great weekend. A coworker's wedding on Friday night, then Saturday we had friends over for grilled pizzas + board games. Sunday was just a lot of hanging out with G. I was so tired from all the other festivities + running that I was just trying to make it through the day.  So Big D's car hasn't started in three weeks, and we've tried jumping it and checking fuses etc (it's electrical, nothing electric is working). Yesterday we bought a new battery and installed it last night but the car still didn't start. SO now we're calling a shop. I just hope it's not a huge expense - we just put a ton of money into his car in August because of some damage. I feel like we have been hemorrhaging money this year!

I'll be running my first full, the Richmond Marathon on November 16, 2013!

POrun

Happy Monday... I'm ready for the week to be over already!

RR: Ran a tough but good 8 miles on Saturday. It's tough continuing to make it through the heat/humidity, and really want it to cool off even a little! Yesterday was a 38 mile bike ride, my longest again! Then we did 45 min running, in the heat (90deg) since it was 10:30am by then. Meli, was thinking of you!

NRR: Had a good weekend, but spent a lot of time studying for my midterm exam tomorrow. Just want to get that thing over with!

Sassy: Glad you can go on the trail again. Way to go on the 17 miles! Good luck with the car, I hope it's not too expensive to fix!

Have a great day ladies!

MA runner girl

Morning!

RR: Ummm probably not for a while. I got a stileto heel to the foot on Saturday night Sad It hurts like hell. It thankfully didn't puncture the skin, but you can still see the imprint of the heel and it's swollen.

NRR: Had a pretty good weekend but I am exhausted! I had 2 cookie orders, one I finished up on Friday, the other on Saturday. Saturday night was my friend's bachelorette party, hence the heal in foot. We went to Foxwoods, and to the club. It was my first real night out in a looong time. And probably a little too much for my already tired self. I got home way way wayyy too late, and C was up with DH when I got home, so I stayed up and fed him before crawling into bed at 4am. Yesterday was my aunt's 50th birthday party, which was nice, even in my zombie state. I was sleeping by 9 last night. Today my MIL is here watching C for a couple hours so I can work, then I need to go grocery shopping.

Sassy - Nice work with the LR! I too was just trying to make it through the day yesterday. I feel like motherhood has made me much better and pushing through tiredness at least. Ugh on the car. I hope it's not too bad!

PO - Yeah for 8 miles!! Sounds like your training is really ramping up. Happy for you! Good luck with your midterm.

PRs: 5k - 21:22, half marathon - 1:39:43, marathon - 3:37:16

L e e l a

RR - Did 6 miles with 6 hill pick-ups this morning. First 2 on my own then Sarah joined me for the last 4 and hill pick ups since it is a recovery week for her. Heading to some Ashtanga yoga now. 

RR2 - I am feeling so motivated right now after my 20 miler on Saturday, a Supermom's amazing race at Ventura yesterday and all the Boston registration hubbub this week. I'll say it: I hope to be registering for Boston 2015 a year from now. 

NRR - I love my DH. He was so wonderful this weekend. Spending tons of time with B, doing lots of housework and just being a great guy!

lizo_77

hi ladies!

RR: finished the sioux falls half marathon yesterday in 2 hours 7 min and 17 sec. I did it in 2 hours and 4 min and 38 sec according to my watch. Smile felt pretty good. but the humidity!! it was 85% humidity, and by mile 4 I was soaking wet and wondering what the rest of the race would be like. Mile 7 was where M and my parents were there to cheer me on, and  M asked how I was feeling and I remember saying "tired". sheesh. It was just soooo hot! and humid!  anyway, I finished, got home, had a bath, ate pizza, napped a couple of hours then vaccuumed the house and cleaned a bit. Smile good weekend! Nothing yet today. we'll see.

NRR: work, work, work. today is M's birthday so I rolled out of bed and handed him his present while he was still in bed. I'm hoping to get out of work early enough today so I can fix him a good dinner.  Otherwise, trying to stay on top of work this week so I can piddle around in the yard this week sometime. I'd like to do some trimming of bushes and some transplanting towards the spring next year. We'll see....

LucyBelle

I'M GETTING MARRIED IN 5 DAYS OMG!!!! Shocked

RR: Actually didn't do anything except push-ups and crunches over the weekend, unless you count a lot of walking and housework. I'm not sure about today, either...probably just more push-ups and crunches. I do know I'm running tomorrow morning with my sister, though!

NRR: Ummm I'm getting married in 5 days? Decor stuff is mostly done now, phew. I did spend a lot of time walking around shopping yesterday looking for cute flip-flops I could change into for the ceremony, and I didn't find any. Should have done that sooner. Anyway, Lucy has a vet appointment this morning for her eye, which has been looking cloudy and funky, and then off to work! I really wish I'd taken this whole week off of work, but it just wasn't possible...

I'll be back for personals!

melrunner

Lucy, 5 days??? I thought it was next weekend!!!!!!! Wow how exciting!

Lizo, great time on your half! Congrats!!!

PO, great job on the bike! Did you go solo? It was hot!!!

MA, you went to bed at 4am? Geeze!!!!! I get up at 4 to workout!!! Sorry about the heel that does sound d painful.

Sassy, great job on your 17!!!

Leela, any PF pain this weekend? You're totally going to qualify!

melrunner

TriR, Saturday ran 9 miles, yesterday did 100 miler on the bike. Ouch. 3000 m recovery swim today.

NtriR, nice weekend except Friday I was in urgent care with a horrible migraine that was ongoing 4-5 days, plus really bad acid reflux that was preventing me from eating and drinking. So I got some IVs and I'm seeing my primary doc on Wednedday.

Have a great day!!!!

lizo_77

sassy: yay for a good run this morning for you!

po: way to go with the run and the bike ride! I'm with you on the humidity!

MA: wow! long night for you! I don't know if I could do that!

leela: crossing fingers for you that you can sign up for boston and meet that goal!

ok.... work calls!

OJewel

Good morning ladies!

RR - Nothing today. Ran 8.5 on Saturday, 11 miles Sunday (with a 10 mile race thrown in there), which was fun. Today I'm resting my hip which hasn't been quite right for awhile. This weekend is my second 20 miler, then its officially taper time for the marathon! So I was kind of thinking about running a half marathon as part of my 20 - maybe at my desired MP to see how I do, plus 7 miles (most likely prior to the half, so I don't go all out and then feel unable to do the rest of the miles). What do you guys think about that? Is that a stupid idea? My dad suggested running a half at MP the weekend before the marathon, which is something he does, but he's more experienced than I am so I'm not sure that's a good move for me. I usually run 8 the weekend before. Thoughts?

NRR - Not much. DBF and I went to the renaissance fair on Sunday and I had a bunch of beers, lol, and fried food so now I feel kind of gross. Getting back on the good eating/tracking wagon today! It sure was delicious though Smile Today is just working and then early to bed. I need to get up early to run tomorrow and then I'm headed out to PA for 2 days. I'm exhausted and feel like I need a weekend again already, lol.

This took me forever to type...

Sassy - great job on the 17! Are you cutting back this week? I love cutback weeks in marathon training. Really rejuvinating!

PO - I'm ready for the week to be over too, haha. Let's hope it speeds by!

MA - So sorry about that stiletto to the foot! Omg that sounds so painful.

Leela - way to go on your 20 miler! Are you marathoning soon, if so which one? I think it would be so great to qualify for Boston and I bet you can do it!

OJewel

Meli - so sorry about the headache, scary! I hope you are able to stay migraine free.

lizo - happy birthday to M! Congratulations on the half marathon, great job!

Lucy - yay for 5 days to go!! I'm excited to see pictures Smile Holding good thoughts for Lucys eye.

monk717

Morning!

RR: Surpassed my expectations and ran 6 on Saturday! My goal had been getting to 6 by October, so I'm way past where I thought I'd be now! Then this morning I ran 3 in spite of being super tired.

NRR: This was one of those weekends where going to work today is giving me a break! Here's everything I did (not necessarily in order): Ran 6 miles, pumped a few times, went to the chiropractor, went to a play date (and took both kids), cleaned and vacuumed the living room, cleaned the kitchen multiple times, went shopping multiple times (because I had to return the jeans I bought), did about five loads of laundry, made double chocolate chip cookies... in between the normal weekend chores of cooking and cleaning, etc. The only thing I didn't do was give P a bath and by the time I realized that on Sunday night, we were both too tired. Didn't really get to much of what I wanted to do for vacation prep, though I think my laundry will be good so that will be a huge help. Oh and by the way, I'm going to Vegas THIS WEEK! I don't know how I'll get any work done... but on that note, I'm working long today and tomorrow in order to leave early on Wednesday. Yikes, writing all this down just makes me more tired.

NorCal

Morning girls!

RR. 5 miles Saturday, 10 miles Sunday. Sunday's run was quite a bit slower then my goal pace, so that was disappointing! Just couldn't get my legs moving. I think it's because I ran the day before, which I never normally do. Today, I am doing cross-training, and a hike with DH and L.

NRR. Not the greatest weekend, but it was ok. We had all of these great plans for Saturday, but we got in a fight in the morning and that kind of ruined the whole day. It wasn't even a big deal, but we both had a stressful week, and then found out about my mom's medical issues Friday and it just kind of pushed me over the edge. So we stayed home all day and kind of felt like a wasted day. Sad Sunday was much better- we both did our long runs (separately) and then had friends over for the Niners/Packers game and then took L out hiking/swimming last night.

Today, working from home on the water business stuff and some personal stuff. Gotta get caught up! Way behind on EVERYTHING from being sick and then last week being all screwy!

OK personals in a bit!

Humboldt Redwoods Half Marathon 10.20.2013 

Tiburon by the Bay Half Marathon 11.3.2013 (My Birthday!) 

Napa Valley Full Marathon 3.2.2013

PRs: 

Half: 1:48

Full: 4:34

NorCal

Sassy- Way to rock your 17 miler! Wow, 28 miles in 3 days will totally tire anyone out! Sounds like a fun weekend for you too!

MA- Loved your cookies for the weekend's parties, so cute! Glad you had a fun time, even if you're exhausted from it! Hope your foot feels better soon.

PO- Nice 8 miler and brick workout this weekend, you're really doing great!

Leela- Great job on your 20 miler! Sounds like you're well on your way to a BQ!

Lizo- CONGRATS on your half! Sounds tough!! Happy birthday to M! Smile

Lucy- 5 DAYS!!!!!!!! So exciting!!!! Hope Lucy's eyes are ok, poor pup. Good luck remaining calm and getting stuff done this week!

Monk- So awesome you're back up to 6 miles, great job! Sounds like an exhausting weekend for you. How exciting your Vegas trip is almost here!

Humboldt Redwoods Half Marathon 10.20.2013 

Tiburon by the Bay Half Marathon 11.3.2013 (My Birthday!) 

Napa Valley Full Marathon 3.2.2013

PRs: 

Half: 1:48

Full: 4:34