Womens Running

FRIYAY (dailies) (Read 15 times)

Kilmisters

Staying w the classic title (:

''What will happen if I run up the hills? Ah, volcano muscle soreness!!'' (c) Margaret

''Who needs quads anyway!?'' (c) Damaris

Kilmisters

Happy birthday, Laura!

Damaris, ha, never trust the supposed delivery times. Ever.

So, tomorrow around this time I'll be in Tallinn, yay! I'll probably spend 4.5hrs in a bus (sigh) finishing some small work stuff so that Monday is more pleasant. Estonian Covid numbers have surpassed even ours, so it seems like I got there in time before any extra restrictions are imposed. Not that worried about myself, being vaccinated, altho I do realize it's false sense of security, but I can't seems to do anything to change this mindset. According to latest updates, no booster (3rd) vaccine for me this year, maybe in spring if all goes well.

Yesterday's run was meh, it seems like accumulated fatigue is affecting me, but I am determined to continue the running streak till the end of this week at very least, because I'll run less in Tallinn anyway, probably. Which could be kind of a taper before floorball possibly opens up after Nov14 (which, epidemiologically, would, of course, be a very risky idea).

Oh, also, almost got hit by a car on yesterday's run! WTF? I was covered in reflective materials/lamps like a Christmas tree, but apparently that damn car thought making a very sharp turn without even reducing the speed into a street that for the driver was a total ''blind zone'' (because other car was making a turn in opposite direction) was a good idea. It didn't even stop, I dived aside!! Wtf! I was fuming for another km or two. In retrospect, that would had been a near-miss situation even in daylight. I adjusted my planned course to involve as few intersections as possible, even tho it meant some boring straigthts on pedestrian sidewalk. Ugh.

''What will happen if I run up the hills? Ah, volcano muscle soreness!!'' (c) Margaret

4.37 this morning.  Took Scamp for the last mile. He's a great running buddy

Elina--Whew! Glad you did not get hit!  We run/walk in the dark (but early morning) and need more blinky lights.  I run with a flashlight and blinky light + taser.  DH needs more lights, and I need to get reflective stuff for the dog's harnesses.

Judy--glad you are ok

Karen---Yay!!!! So close!!!  DR Horton is building tons of houses around here. Sad

Damaris--hope you were able to drag the magic package into the house!

Ugh. This afternoon we are going to get the car fixed. Hope it doesn't take all afternoon.

Yay Friday!!!

Half Crazy K 2.0

Debating a short run after work since it is the last day before the time change. Feel a little better, finally slept thanks to night time cold meds.

Question for the group (not running). How do you feel about work incentives such as pizza parties, sundae bars, etc? Morale boost? Painful cause you may have to socialize? Give me time or money? Other?

Kilmisters, drivers are stupid. I can see it when people are running/walking at night in their finest ninja attire, but all sorts of lights?

CrazySue, hope the car repair is quick. I've seen someone walking a dog around here with a really cool harness & leash that are lighted. Can't miss it.

Kilmisters

Kilmisters, drivers are stupid. I can see it when people are running/walking at night in their finest ninja attire, but all sorts of lights?

I have bright red pants and gloves (with reflective materials), but most importantly a running vest similar to this, with red lamps on. My neighbors have told me they see me from literally a kilometer away. Problem was the turn and the speed at which the driver entered it.

HCK, glad you're feeling well! As for the non-monetary work benefits, at my previous job company was providing all sorts of those things, but salary increase/bonus? Work-life balance? Never. The base salary was meh as well. Couldn't care less about the occasional parties/events. Company I am working for now actually cares more about employees, work-life balance; gives you raise if you get extra duties etc. and I don't miss the artificially-feeling yearly sports games, parties and all that crap, if this is the trade-off.

Half Crazy K 2.0

HCK, glad you're feeling well! As for the non-monetary work benefits, at my previous job company was providing all sorts of those things, but salary increase/bonus? Work-life balance? Never. The base salary was meh as well. Couldn't care less about the occasional parties/events. Company I am working for now actually cares more about employees, work-life balance; gives you raise if you get extra duties etc. and I don't miss the artificially-feeling yearly sports games, parties and all that crap, if this is the trade-off.

Yea, work/life balance has been a very hot topic recently. If it really is a concern, then I don't get why a bunch of people volunteered to use thier free time to make food.

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

Kathi,  glad you're feeling better.  I personally like the occasional at work pizza party or similar.  NOT outside of work though - don't ask me to do a work function on my own time.  I think the amount of money the staff would get might be more demoralizing - hey, good job, here's $10.  I routinely buy our staff treats - morning donuts or breakfast tacos, cookies.  People REALLY appreciate it.  Mind you in our job, we don't stop and congregate, the hospital never stops, unless for a hospital wide meeting.  Then food is meh because they have to sit through a meeting.

Today is a cleaning/packing day because I didn't yesterday at all.

Also now it is fix my phone day.  I cannot call/text any NON-iphone user.  WTF.  Been like this since Wed.  Was on hold for an hour yesterday before I feel asleep on it.  Either the person answered and I wasn't there (sleeping), or I just got disconnected.  Now I'm on the phone with them.  an hour so far, no improvement.  They want me to wipe my phone clean - factory reset, though I might lose texts, which are SUPER important - it has all my travel and work info on it.  Just a wee bit ticked off.

And my pool isn't working right - not circulating the water right.  UGH.

AND IT IS COLD.  House is 67.  Brrrrrr.  Contemplating turning the heat on.  Wuss.

K

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

Hey hey!

I hope everyone is doing well!! I read sometimes - or when I can. I am so behind but hoping I can catch up here in the next couple of days now that my travel schedule has calmed down!

My world has been SO busy. Work has been INSANE. I have been trying to get my inspections done all while learning my new role and responsibilities. Its been A LOT. Especially since I still have my previous workload. That changes today, WOOT WOOT! And I finished my inspections. Any additional travel I do this year will be to meet my employees. So on top of my workload I then have to deal with a BABY. By the time 8pm comes around I just want to go to bed and don't have the energy for anything else.

Baby B is doing good - still adjusting to daycare. She has been there officially for two weeks! The first couple of days were rough. She was not napping and I just felt so awful. I felt like a bad mom for even bringing her there! Lots of tears but she is slowly adjusting. She still is not napping consistently, but I think it is just going to take some time. I was actually supposed to stay overnight in Roanoke this week, but I ended up busting my butt and getting all my inspections done so I could come home. I just am so not ready to leave her overnight. She is my everything! Needless to say, that particular day was a 16 hour day. Followed by another 12 hour day. Ugh. Oh, but hey, she is starting foods! So far her favorite is PEAS! Smile

Running..I am still going! Did my last "long run" last weekend. Looking forward to the race - Nov 13! Can't believe that is already next week. Not putting ANY pressure on myself and just want to have fun with this one. I don't want to have a goal in mind and then baby B keeps me up all night unexpectedly and I feel like I let myself down. Going in with a fun and positive attitude. I am probably going to run the race with the guy I have been running the training runs with. I predict a finish time between 2:10-2:15. Going to be fun!

Oh, everyone is coming here for Thanksgiving - 20 people. Why? Why? Why? I know why, because if I didn't host, my MIL would and we would end up with two foods - turkey and corn. NOT. HAVING. THAT. Smile

I will try and catch up and do personals later! I am actually on a New Manager training call - hehe, opps.

Let me also add that this breastfeeding sh&^ is HARD. I HATE pumping. When I am done, I am going to burn this pump and all of its parts!!!! UGGH! I gave myself a 6 month goal - less than a month to go! I will then reevaluate. HOWEVER, the middle of the night feedings when its just her and I - and she is just staring at me...MELTS.MY.HEART.

Have a great weekend everyone! Will catch up later!

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

Anonymous Guest

So cold. Good for running (40s and 50s), so awesome tempo run this morning, but now DH is working on his bike and keeps leaving all the doors open so a nice cold breeze comes through. Should get back into the 70s by Sunday thankfully.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Evening! Went to the vet with two kitties for their checkups, went to the expo, lunch with friends, and 3 miles. I'm tired, ha!

Damaris