Womens Running

When’s-D (end of week)-Day? Wednesday Dailies. (Read 20 times)

Bumping along!

Lisa

Anonymous Guest

Last night the dogs went on an epic playing spree that involved Huck getting the zoomies and running full speed around the house several times. Full speed for a puppy is hilarious because they still have that bouncy hop-run thing going. Of course as soon as I got my phone to video it, he was done. Anyway, that caused him to sleep hard - went to bed around 10 and he slept nonstop until 2! Up twice more between then and getting up at 5:30, but overall an excellent night of sleeping!

Last night I did make it to the hill workout with my baby runners and ran a little over 4 miles, so combined with my morning run got in just under 13 for the day. After we had a woman talk about stretching and then she took us through stretching so I didn't get home until 8. Trying to figure out what the fastest thing I could make for dinner on the drive home, then got here and saw the text from DH reminding me his cycling buddy that moved to Dallas earlier this year was in town and a bunch of them were meeting up after the ride, so dinner for me became cereal, hooray!

Damaris, congrats on the work award dealio and happy anniversary! Hope dinner was nice last night. Isn't it your birthday this week as well?

Cathy, nice pre-dawn run yesterday. Yes, since you beat the storms anyway, probably for the best that you couldn't see the sky/bad weather. I noticed in Tupelo the hills seemed bigger in daylight than they did in the dark.

Lisa, so did you talk at the slam thingy? I saw on fb you compared it to forensics - which made me wonder if you were secretly judging them all.

Kathryn, that does sound a little overwhelming, but it is also pretty freaking awesome that you have so much work potential. Oh, and Huckles got over being yelled at - he pooped four times yesterday. All outside.

Elina, great job on the race and great takeaways. And thanks for calling me a damn good coach, that makes me smile.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

10.3 for me this morning. Last 6 were at MP.

I was so excited for the temperature drop that was forecasted to happen last night - I woke up this morning like a kid on Christmas. I run downstairs..and the windows are fogged. I was like..NNNNOOOOOOO. Haha. Temperature was 68 with dewpoint at 67. I need to be grateful considering yesterday the dewpoint was 75. BUT I SOOO was looking forward to cold air slapping me in the face when I walked out this morning! Fall is never coming. Sigh. OH YEAH, the run was pretty good. I was having trouble at the end...my legs are BEAT from yesterdays body pump!

Yesterday HCF and I went out to lunch and took a nice long nap afterwords. We ended up going out to dinner too - his BIL was in town for some training so we grabbed a bite at a local place. It was fun!

I am glancing through my emails and feeling blue again. Only because...I should be on a beach right now instead of dealing with all of these BS complaints!!!!! Man, there are a lot of them! I know I know I need to get over the cancelled vacation...sigh.  Come on Liz, BE POSITIVE.

Judy – Hope the blood tests come back okay!

Karen – YEAH! Bring the puppy on Saturday! Smile  Nice job on the hill workout yesterday and SCORE on the cereal dinner! Smile  Oh, and YAY for sleep. I laugh when you talk about your sleepless nights because it reminds me of my friends talking about their sleepless nights with infants. My SIL was telling me when she talks to her BF about baby E – they can relate because her BF has a puppy. Its just about the same thing if you ask me. I second Elina, you are a damn good coach Smile

Susan – That is awful about the termites!! How do they even get rid of them?

Docket – I hope you are feeling better today! Happy Anniversary!! Did you guys do something fun?! Congrats on the performance award!!! That is awesome!

Cathy – Wow, nice run yesterday!! Good thing you weren’t out there when the storms rolled throug! So DD is not a Winter lover? Smile

Lisa – Laughing at your comment to Karen. LOL.

Kathryn – I think Ruger was confused that we were in the closet Smile  Those are both very is a promising leads!! Let us know how it goes!!! I need some of your job mojo!

Diane – Hope you are feeling better!! When do you head home?

Kilmisters – Congratulations on the race! Even tying your PB is impressive with that floorball schedule you have going on. Not to mention you are pregnant! Geez! You should be very proud Smile  Don’t we all schedule races after we finish one? Smile

Sandy - Excuse me?! Where are you?! Wink

Happy Wednesday!

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

Morning!

Hi Lisa!!

Karen, glad the pup pooped, and outside!!  I can imagine him bopping around all awkwardly.

Lizzie, nice run.  Sounds like a good day with HCF, he is a keeper...  Wink  I don't know if my work leads are very promising.  There might be some interest, but honestly, not enough to keep things going OK as is...

Sitting here waiting for my coffee to sit for a few and then go shove down a bagel.  Also for my slight headache to pass.  Then...  I am heading out.  My goal is a "longer" run, but ya never know with me.  Hey, I ran a half 10ish days ago, I can stay out for a bit.

Work was SWAMPED last night.  Wow.  I had one good tech who saved the day, cause the main one sucks.  She is slow and oblivious.

Mostly right now I am frittering time away till my tummy and head are ready to head out...

Happy When-D's day.  I saw Wendy's first and thought of burgers first thing.

K

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024

dhuffman63

Trails

Omg...was on TM this morning almost done when this woman gets on the one next to me and she REEKS of perfume.. .why on earth would someone do that.. .I got my 3 and got the hell out.

Of to more conference today ... Have a good hump day

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning.  I got the migraine back during the dinner. Almost choked on the steak (not that being a vegetarian 99% of the time helped with the choking on the steak but it was delicious). Anyway, woke up feeling better but my BP is high again.  I need to research if migraines can cause the BP to rise or vice versa.  Whichever it is can suck it and just go away, thanks.  Anyway, back to the second BP med tonight and hoping that helps.  I actually wondered if the pharmacy gave me the wrong pills since this started happening right after I started the new bottle, but alas, it is the pill that says it is.

7 with 3 X 1 mile @ 5K tonight.

Lisa, keep bumping.

Karen, awwww.  Puppy running is funny indeed.  Yes, my birthday is tomorrow. Smile

Liz, nice MP run.

Kat, hoping the tummy and the head allowed you to go out.

Diane, I hate that!  The perfume abuser brigade makes me want to puke in the elevator sometimes.

Damaris

Oh thank goodness it is Wednesday! Group power class this morning.

Termites--we will have to have our house treated. They will drill holes 18" deep around the entire house, through the concrete, etc and inject pesticide. The termites apparently track it in to their colonies and they die. Takes a few weeks. Then we can rip up the living room floor, and fix the subfloor, then re-floor the entire house. It won't be pretty.

And...my car is going to the shop. Have to drive to Mobile to take it to the dealership for a computer issue. Warranty ends in about 5K miles, so I am going tomorrow.

Karen--puppy sounds SO cute. I can watch them play all day.  Stark is back, so my house looks like the wild kingdom with four big dogs. Apparently they missed Stark and have been playing a lot.

Diane--Oh I hate the strong perfume!!!

Kat--have a good run

Damaris--good luck figuring out the migraine problem.

Have a fun day!

dhuffman63

Trails

Congratulations Elina on such a good race.

Cathy nice DD scored the winning goals.

Damaris with my migraines my BP was through the roof. My Graves also causes high BP and both have contributed to my kidney disease.

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

5 miles today. I am disgusted with myself since I binged last night on chips. Not just some but the entire bag. Of course my stomach feels awful right now. One day I will smarten up.

Lisa... how was The Moth in person. I listen to their podcast and enjoy it.

Karen... if you lived closer I'd join your baby runner group.

Lizzie... I'm sorry about your vacation.

Kats... good luck on your run.

Diane... too much scent gives me migraines. I would have had to get off the tm too. Ugh

Damaris... boo for the migraine

CrazySue... ugh to termites. We seem to be experiencing a silverfish or some other gross bug. Yours sound nastier

Lori

*it's Bertha or me. My money is on me.*

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**

RTurtles

Running with the Turtles

6 easy miles this morning, only about 60 but humid enough so that I was very sweaty.  We're supposed to get up in the 80's again tomorrow, then drop into the 60's over the weekend.  Hopefully that will be it for summer!    Younger DD starts 5th grade cross country next week, they changed the program though so it's only about 4 weeks of practice then one meet in mid October.  Oh well, I guess it's good practice for next year!  And for DD's last trail race.  She's excited about finally being able to run CC.

Hi Lisa!  Glad you are bumping along.    I had to look up Moth Slam.  Sounds interesting!

Karen, so it sounds like you need to get Huck to do this epic workout every night before bed.    Nice miles yesterday!

Lizzie, nice MP run!  This "in-between" weather is OK for me, I am not in a huge hurry for the cold air, it will be here soon enough.    Sounds like a nice day off yesterday!  I guess DD's primary motivation to race is the bling, and she already got the Winter Series medal and first, so why do it again?  

Kat, enjoy the run!

Diane, reminds me of the health club that I went to back in the 90's, where women would put makeup on before working out!  Glad you are feeling better!

Damaris, I hope switching the meds helps.  Good luck with the speedwork!

Sue, wow, sounds like quite the procedure to get rid of the termites!

Elina, congrats on the elevation/pregnancy/post FB game-adjusted HM PR!    What are the odds of getting the exact same time to the second?  Not so odd to plan the next one already.    That does sounds like the perfect race for you!

Cathy

ginnyb

Tessa....so glad you found the kitten!

Elina...congratulations on a great race.

Damaris...sorry you aren't feeling all that great.

Karen...I can just picture the puppy racing around the house!  So cute.  What did Riley do while this was going on?

Liz...yes, Fall will come, hang in there.  Great run regardless

Diane..hope you are feeling better.

Kat...hope your job situation improves.  Did you get out for the run?

Lori....I have been there with the whole bag of chips, I never learn either.

Oh Sue...so sorry about the termites, yikes!

I have temporarily lost my mojo again!  It will come back.  I have been sleeping so much, don't know what that's all about, I feel fine.  Was supposed to workout this morning and I overslept again, haven't run either.

Ginny

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Tuesday I started out with a 35 minute run when the fog lifted. After stretches I walked 1.5 miles. I wasn’t tired at all after the run. Walking tires me a lot.

Today I plan a nice trail run. I think we may go and do volunteer work at the library either today or tomorrow. Friday will be a return to the classes I usually sign up for.

Happy runs, All! 

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

Diane, I don't get the perfume either.  I love wearing it, but can be super sensitive to smells and get nauseated by too much on others.

Damaris, glad you mostly enjoyed the steak, other than the choking...  Have a good run tonight.

Sue, good luck with the car!

Lori, sorry the tummy is revolting over the chips.  Good you were able to stick it out for 5.

Cathy, nice easy 6!  Here is hoping to the end of summer too!!!

Ginny, don't worry about your mojo, the race was only 10 days ago.  Thanks again for pushing me along, you are reminding me I can manage to get this fat ass out there and actually RUN for a spell.

Judy, I channelled your inner critter caller - I saw 2 deer in my development this morning on my walk.

Karen, how's the forecast in Houston?  It says high 60's for an overnight low here!  60's!!  With a high of upper 70's late next week.

Yoo Hoooooooo, Sandy, where are you??????

Did you all realize fall starts Saturday??

No actual tummy issues this morning, just after drinking coffee it needs to sit for a good half hour before I go out or then it does get upset.

Crap walk, no run.  I got to 4 miles and knew it wasn't my day and turned around for a total of 8.  I wanted a minimum of 10, so I was irked at myself.  Not that 8 is bad, but at mile 7 it was one of those JUST GET THIS DAMN THING OVER WITH.

Probably stay in or go for a shortie run/walk tomorrow as my friend/coworker is coming over in the morning to finish mowing.  I made him stop last week when I started raining on him.

K

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024

Anonymous Guest

Just a hot, slow, sweaty 5 miles for me. Temps in the mid-80s, dew point mid-70s. Right now they say we could get our first overnight low below 70 degrees (what we call "fall" here) at the end of next week. I can do this for one more week. This morning DH was telling me the guy that he hung out with last night that moved to Dallas  invited them all up to his house for a weekend of riding up there sometime "in the next few weeks." I said it better not be October 6-7 because that's my marathon that I told him about in May when I signed up and several times since so if it was, he couldn't go unless he took the puppy. He said okay, plus that wouldn't be a good weekend anyway because he's traveling for work the following week. I think he was a little surprised how quickly and forcefully  I jumped on that.....I spend all day every day with just these two dogs right now, we are not even going to consider something going on for him the one weekend I get away!

I keep forgetting I want to report back on the probiotics I started taking about a month ago. I've been eating the same, running about the same or a little less, and the last few days I've noticed a couple pairs of shorts are looser in the waist than they have been, so I weighed myself and I'm down about 4 pounds, and just 2 pounds over race weight. Imma keep taking them.

Liz, I am praying for that weather by the end of next week.Hey, at least tomorrow is your Friday!

kat, 8 is still legit mileage! We have another week or so of miserable, although next week looks a little less miserable because we may get rain to keep the temps down a bit.

Diane, can't stand the smell of too much perfume - good you were able to get out as soon as you could.

Damaris, I hope you figure out the right combo of BP meds soon. Sorry about the migraine, but glad it was short lived.

Susan, oh man on the termite fix. That sounds like a total pain. Joys of home ownership......

Lori, who here hasn't binged on a bag of chips before? We have started putting some chips in a bowl and putting the bag right back in the pantry, because if the bag comes over to the couch, it will leave empty.

Cathy, I am excited DD gets to start cross country next week! Is that weird? That will be good practice/training for the last 5k in the series so she can hold onto first place.

Ginny, Riley was instigating. Huck would slow down and Riley would get him going again with a toy. I'm struggling with my mojo right now too. It's hot out, I'm not sleeping as much as I'd like, I'm stuck spending way too much time at home.

Judy, enjoy the time volunteering. Have you told us which class you're taking this time around? And if you did, I don't remember, so can you tell us again?

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Fall?  Does that myth exist?  We don't have fall or spring, or winter for that matter.

And my headache is still around. Just under the annoying buzzing in the head level.  FTS.

Damaris