Womens Running

Countdown is ON WEEKENDS (DAILIES) (Read 17 times)

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

Rest day for me!

Decided to take a 100% rest day since I want to run all weekend Smile. I remembered yesterday that I ran 5 days in a row - my legs wanted a break Smile. SO looking forward to the weather this weekend. Our lows are going to be in the 50's!! THE 50'S!!!!!! We haven't seen that since March?! I am seriously giddy.

I got home about 1 yesterday so it wasn't too bad. Hoping today isn't crazy because I have a lot to catch up on. Especially this new work order system! Argh! SO looking forward to a nice relaxing weekend at home! We have some dinner plans throughout the weekend but nothing crazy.

CC – I have heard so much about Yorktown beach but have never been. HCDH’s sister used to live down there. I will have to check it out. I am sure all of that stroller running has made you so much stronger! I hope you are able to get some runs in this weekend – slow ones πŸ˜‰. I have worked for my company for about 5 ½ years but different accounts – we are 3rd party management company. The account I was on before was not challenging. This one is just a mess. It has its moments but I must say, it does keep me on my toes which is what I need – a challenge! I don’t get paid enough, though 😊.

Docket – Enjoy the 4 day weekend!!!

Laura – Nice run yesterday! I agree on the sunrise now. I can tell in the evenings as well. I didn’t realize you had a camper – that is fun.

Judy – Oh no on the backup!! Hope it was an easy fix. Sewer backups are the number 1 thing I deal with!! Its crazy how often it happens.

Susan – Can’t wait to see puppy pictures!!

Run4kupcakes – I think at one time Northern VA was on a different phase than the rest of VA – but I believe we are all Phase 3 or 4 now. To be honest, I am not sure what phase we are in. I was super anal in the hotel room and cleaned it myself when I got there. It was a high end hotel so I am sure it was fine, but I felt better about it once I cleaned 😊. You gave me the idea for the knuckle lights – I use them everyday!!

Tessa – Ah, thanks for the tip on the Hampton Inn! I do not need a big spread, but grabbing a bagel or something on the way out would be nice. Glad you are home safe! YUCK on that heat.

Karen – Nice run yesterday! Glad Huckles is doing a bit better. Nothing wrong with a lazy day – I love them! I will be cheering you on from afar this weekend! I think you are going to have a lot of fun. So, did you say that this year was going to be your last Boston year? Now that it is virtual are you going to run in person one more time? πŸ˜‰ I keep forgetting that you are doing that race in Nebraska!!I noticed that some of my Chewy favorites were out of stock for quite a while. Things seem to be kinda better now.

Sandy – AWESOME on the Peloton bike!!! Congrats! I can’t wait to hear how much you love it 😊. I wonder what Lily will think of it while you are riding? That’s what she said. WTF is up with Sleepy? Ugh, that would really piss me off. How does your boss not see it? Interesting that you don’t have to worry about ticks until Spring. I thought I was just being bitchy about the no food thing at the hotel – I am glad you agree – LOL. After working all day and then coming home and catching up on other work, you don’t want to have to leave to go get food! Just annoying. Thankfully I had some snacks for breakfast and did find a Starbucks 😊. Your weekend sounds like it will be fun – lots of socializing! 😊

Cathy – Nice run yesterday! GMP at 8:50? Super speedy over there 😊. You are getting so speedy. Well, you have always been speedy to me😊. Hope the on call this weekend is uneventful. Are you seeing TF? πŸ˜‰

Hi JR! That means you had a great vacation if you are still recovering 😊.

HAPPY FRIYAY!!!

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

Been MIA again. and not in Miami. LOL Sorry!

Got really sick last weekend (stomach) and took a few days to recoup since I ran on top of being sick and I think threw off electrolytes/dehydrated myself. Eventually I will learn that lesson on hydration and sodium intake. Eventually.

A is on another motorcycle trip this weekend with one guy out to Maine. I'll be staying at his place to watch cats so will get more trail miles in! Drive out there later today and will go for a hike.

Have a trail sister joining me on Saturday for a 15ish trail run. Ginny is coming up on Saturday for the weekend! Woot! We will enjoy A's deck and the solitude. Doing Run Woodstock virtual half on Sunday together. Will be a nice weekend!

Have a good Friday and go Elina all the way to the Finnish line!

Lisa

FRIYAY!!!!!  I was going to take today off, but we get two hours of admin leave, so I decided to just work the 6 and save my vacay day.

Walked 2 miles w DH and Skye this morning. Better than nothing. Plan to get up early tomorrow for a quick 3.5 around the 'hood before we go to Atlanta to pick up the puppy.

Sandy---woohoo!!!  Two of my friends have pelotons and love them!

Karen--I hope Huck is doing better. We will have to get the pup fixed in the next couple of months.

Guess I'd better get some work done. Have a great weekend!!

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

Happy Friday folks!  Maybe time later to catch up from yesterday on personals.

We had THREE doctors yesterday???  Why???  Don't need three.  I just don't get it...

Bitch bitch and moan...

K

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024

Seloc

Hooray for FRIYAY!  Just gotta make it through the day.  Fantastic weather here, too!!  Though, a bit chilly this morning.  Took Lily girl on a longer walk.  May or may not bike later.  Then took her int he car to the bakery and to get coffee.  She did so great!  I was worried how she would react with me leaving her in there.  She could mostly see me both places so maybe that helped.  Splurged on the bakery this morning as I have ZERO food.  Feta, spinach and walnut croissant for the win!  And an Americano from Caribou   Guess I've been splurging on myself this week.

Cathy - nice workout yesterday!  I still think you are being conservative with your paces   Glad you are loving your new patio chair.  What direction does your place face?  Does it get sun all day?  I take it you don't like indoor spin?  It isn't for everyone.  Obviously, I'd rather be outside to run/bike but you know how winter can be.  And I think I will use a bike like this (with workouts) more than a dreadmill.  Time will tell, I guess.  I've biked more this year than probably any other and am really enjoying it.  Hopefully it continues!  I try to get 10K steps in every day but, I gotta say, the days I bike it's hard.  We have this thing at work where if you do 10K for 12 days a month you get $20 in your HSA.  12 days is easy.  30, not so much!  Have a good weekend.  Hope on-call is quiet!

Karen - yeah, I saw that Peloton has other workouts.  I'm looking forward to trying!  I also saw that some of their live stuff incorporates biking and strength.  I bought a set of 10lb weights a few months ago that I've lifted all of maybe twice.  Totally agree with the Boston decision to delay.  Like you said, why not wait and see a bit rather than having to refund.  People need to simmer down.  haha  Good luck this weekend!  Maybe DH can post some pics/vids!  

Kat - OMG you go from one doctor to 3??  Who is running this joint?  haha.  I'd be frustrated, too.  Hang in there.  Hope today is better!

Sue - good call on saving your PTO for a full day.  So exciting about the pup!  Can't wait to see pics.  Do you have a name picked out?  Safe drive!!

Lisa - yuck on the stomach sickness.  Sounds like a fantastic weekend on tap!  Enjoy!

Liz - excited for you excited about your weather.  I think that's cold haha.  Next week our lows are supposed to be in the 40s.  Whaaaaaaaaaaa  Oh who knows if there will be any socializing this weekend.  I collect friends that are flaky and rarely follow through.  What are your dinner plans?  Are you cooking?  I am DREADING going to the store at some point.  Have to if I wanna eat haha

Have a great day!

Half Crazy K 2.0

It was not as awful this morning. I could tell it's trying to get cooler. 4 with strides. Got them done before the school started whatever drive through event they are holding. I assume it is to hand out materials. Was hoping to run tomorrow in the lovely weather, but we are going up to PA for more cleaning & whatever else. It would be really nice if DBIL (not dear) would actually help out once in a while.

Lizzie, did you get a few cold days in May? I just remember them because in this area, supposedly it is safe to plant your garden on or after Mother's Day. It got cold enough overnight that my first round of cucumbers were killed almost immediately. I got the rechargeable knuckelights this winter, the batteries in mine seemed to go after 2 runs. I never got to use them since I wound up sick.

MyMomRuns, hope you are feeling better. Stomach stuff is awful.

CrazySue, can't wait to see pictures of the puppy!

KatS, 3 doctors? That would be frustrating that they can't seem to get the scheduling right.

Seloc, I have the same issue with the 10k steps. On days I run, it's easy. On the rest days, not so much. Just not much movement in the house even if I do wander around every hour.

RTurtles

Running with the Turtles

Happy Friday!  RD for me today, upper body strength this morning, swim and yoga later.  Will pick up the kids in a bit to spend the next week with me.  Well, except for Sunday, XDH wants to take them boating with his friends.  That's fine with me, I'm on call anyway so no big plans.  Maybe we'll do something fun on Labor Day!  Oh, and I forgot to mention, XDH and his boo are no more... they broke up.  Not sure of the reason, I have heard different things.  I'm kind of bummed because it was kind of fun just to laugh about them...  

Liz, 100% RD?!?  No way!    Glad your work trip went OK.  I had 6 straight days of running, I had taken last Friday off for swimming. That would have been a running day on my plan, as well as today!  That is way too much running.    Enjoy the awesome weather!  Chilly out there this morning.  I wasn't planning on seeing TF this weekend due to having the kids and him having his son.  I guess we'll see now that I have a free Sunday.

Lisa, hope you are feeling better!  Enjoy the weekend with Ginny!

Sue, have fun with your puppy!

Kat, happy Friyay!

Sandy, you deserve some splurging.    Yeah, TF thinks I am being conservative with my paces also.  But it seems crazy to run faster than 8:50 for a full when I haven't run much faster than that (8:41) for a half!    My place faces west.  So it gets partial sun in the morning then full sun in the afternoon.  The Peloton makes sense if you enjoy biking... since the outdoor biking season is even shorter than running!  But there is one guy in my neighborhood that bikes year-round.  Literally every day!  TF has a really long streak of getting 10K steps every day... then one day his Garmin somehow lost his steps... he actually called Garmin support to try to get it fixed because he didn't want to lose his streak.    I think they should average the steps out over a week... rest days are a good thing, it seems silly to average 20K+ steps a day over a week and not be able to rest for one day.  

Kupcakes, bummer that you can't run tomorrow!

Karen, 3:52 marathon just seems way too fast for me.    I guess I won't think about the "big picture" and just the small one...    I have my 13.1 at goal pace tomorrow.  I'll see how that feels at a 8:50ish pace.  Yes, I looked at the plan for race week!  I guess it doesn't seem too bad compared to what the plan has me doing now.    I can't imagine that there will be a Boston Marathon next year.  I honestly can't see any big marathons next year.

Cathy

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Hi! Had a massage this morning and now I am having lunch at On the Border before running 15. 

No time for shoutouts since food came in but will try later. 

Oh, just got me new iPhone 11 and OMG transferring things from my old phone to this by bluetooth took like 5 minutes. I needed no settings nor anything.

Damaris

ccoakley

Damaris, hope you’re enjoying your long weekend and didn’t have to wait too long for your phones.

LC Runs, nice intervals

Liz, glad you made it back without incident.  You ran in one of my old neighborhoods πŸ˜‰, I haven’t been that way in several years though and I know it’s changed significantly. I agree I’d rather be challenged at work than bored.  As long as you don’t let the stress get to you.  So excited about the weather this weekend!!  Are you going to go run anywhere fun?

Seloc, yum croissants!

HCK2, nice strides and good luck in PA

RTurtles, that is an amazingly impressive first marathon time.  My first was just under 6 hrs and it was 16 yrs ago.  Let me guess TF is like level 87 πŸ˜‰ Enjoy the weekend with your girls

Karen, nice runs.  Boston is going to be fascinating to watch unfold.  It’s going to be months before anyone can even run a qualifying time again.  Maybe they’ll do something completely crazy for the first one back and give it a year for everything to reset.

Hope everyone else enjoys the long weekend!

Easy 5.5 mi playground run for me this morning.  I want to take advantage of the amazing weather this weekend and run longish so I took extra walk breaks today.  My plan is to spend every waking moment I can outside this weekend.  I love September!!!

5k 24:53 (2020) |10k 52:24 (2021) |HM 1:57:14 (2019) |FM 4:24 (2007) |50k 5:57 (2022)

Kilmisters

So nervous before tomorrow!! Everything's organized very well here, w people wearing masks, hotel right next to start area, bib pickup being outdoors where people collect their own bags without staff handing it out; also pasta party was really nice.

It's approx 60*F here now, very very windy and raining every now and then. It could be worse.

10:15am start time, that's 3:15am ET.

I have a time goal, but will focus on finishing strong and having fun with my running buddy. I intentionally set pace as one of the many fields, only on one screen, w small digits - so that I can check it if really want to, but it doesn't jump out at me.

Good news is that I won't have to quarantine; as per today's Latvian government decision Baltic Bubble stays for at least one more week.

''What will happen if I run up the hills? Ah, volcano muscle soreness!!'' (c) Margaret

''Who needs quads anyway!?'' (c) Damaris

LC Runs

3.1 for me and then 30 minute arm/shoulder workout.

I am just hanging around today, going through some closets and getting things ready to donate.

Lizzie - You definitely deserve a rest day!  Glad your weather is supposed to cool off, we've had some nice mornings here lately.  Totally off topic, but have you watched 'Selling Sunset' on Netflix?  I turned it on during lunch the other day and now I am obsessed!!  I don't have Bravo anymore so this is my new guilty pleasure!

Lisa - ugh, sorry about the stomach bug, those are awful!  Glad you are on the mend!

Sue - can't wait to see puppy pics!

Hi Kat!

Sandy - that is awesome about the Peleton, I've heard great things!

Kathi - I am loving the cooler mornings!  I agree about the steps, my watch is constantly harping at me on days I don't run LOL

Cathy - that's great you are still so active on running rest days!  Funny about TF and his step streak, LOL.  And, I am kind of bummed ex and his boo broke up, they were pretty entertaining!!

Damaris - yeah for the massage!  Whoo hoo on the new I phone, I am always behind with those things.  Maybe some day when I don't have 5 phones on my cell plan!!

CC - nice workout!!  Yes, have to enjoy the beautiful weather!!

Elina - you will do GREAT tomorrow!!

Seloc

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!  Binged the ENTIRE thing.  LOL  I REALLY like Justin Hartley's (now ex) wife.

Lizzie - You definitely deserve a rest day!  Glad your weather is supposed to cool off, we've had some nice mornings here lately.  Totally off topic, but have you watched 'Selling Sunset' on Netflix?  I turned it on during lunch the other day and now I am obsessed!!  I don't have Bravo anymore so this is my new guilty pleasure!

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Kilmisters, best of luck!!  

Broken pipe under sink only leaks a little. Bucket takes care of it. It will get fixed soon. The cleanup was a bear from the broken pipe. Teeny tiny cubes of potato skins were everywhere! 

DC and I did about 3 miles of hikes today, some of them real climbers. It was a good workout. Then we stopped at my favorite ice cream place near the park. Yum!

I need to get going on my upper body wts w/ fitness ball.

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

Anonymous Guest

Just an easy 4 for me today. Then a trip to the grocery store for snacks and gatorade, since it's virtual Boston weekend. My group is running 6 and 7 tomorrow, I'll probably go out for a mile or a mile and a half, then turn around while they continue on. Thinking I'll set up somewhere near the finish and take some pictures as they come back.

Made reservations for a random Tuesday-Thursday at a campsite on a lake in October, because the campsite choices were better during the week and it will be less crowded. And we can do that in October!

So our schools start Tuesday here. They were supposed to start a couple weeks ago, but the county judge said none of the school districts should start before Sept. 8. They were on spring break when corona first started, then they extended it a week, then just went remote for the rest of the year, then delayed the start. One of my friends posted on fb this morning "so  as spring break finally comes to an end...." Cracked me up.

Elina, have a wonderful fantastic fun time tomorrow. And then when/if it stops being fun, just keep moving forward - you'll get through it and it will be fun again.

Liz, I am so jealous of those 50s! We might get down into the 60s by the end of next week for a couple days. Overnight lows for this weekend supposed to be around 74. With dew point 72-73. Thinking about moving my start from 5 am to 4:30 on Sunday. Just don't think I can do earlier than that. I don't know about running Boston again. Right now, I'm thinking I don't need to. But I said that after 2014. And after 2018. Hooray for a 100% rest day!

Lisa, have so much fun with Ginny! I miss her.

Susan, smart to save the vacation. So excited you get the puppy tomorrow!

Sandy, what a good girl Lily was this morning! I was pleasantly surprised how not busy the grocery store was this morning - late morning, almost lunch time, on the Friday before a three-day weekend, and it was not busy at all.

HCK, bummer on having to go back up to PA this weekend. DBIL actually lives closer than you guys, doesn't he? Our schools did a dress rehearsal for in person and drive through for materials for remote (I guess parents could choose which they wanted to do) yesterday, so I was sure to avoid the elementary school between 8-11.

Cathy, aw, that's too bad about XDH and his boo. Did they not realize they were entertaining us? You will probably be surprised how easy it is to hold that pace for 13 after the way you've been running. I would not be surprised if you started around that pace (which I'm sure is a little scary), and then were able to still pick it up a bit at the end and finish under 3:50. Your paces (and your plan) are almost identical to what I was doing for Glass City, and I finished in 3:46. Of course, I do not see that happening for me in NE, my paces have been all over the place, I missed a bunch of training for vacation, and now I'm totally screwing with my last peak week. You on the other hand, have been super consistent, plus getting a bunch of xt in.

Damaris, they have really made it easy to upgrade. DH loves his 11. We were already amazed at the difference in pictures between his old 7 and my XR, and the 11 is even better.

ccoakley, definitely get out there and enjoy the weather this weekend!

Laura, I need to go through closets and get things ready to donate - want to come down here and do that? Any fun plans for you this weekend?

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel