Womens Running

Tuesdailies--Where are you??? (Read 23 times)

Really??? I'm first??

Forgot to text Crazy Jeffrey last night so I ran solo this morning.  Did 3 miles, walked the dogs, then took Skye out for two more miles.  Cool snap blew in yesterday--it was SO nice!!! I was 30 minutes late for work, but oh well.  I know I won't want to run with her this afternoon--decided to just do it!

I taped my foot and it didn't bother me. Yay--maybe the problem was with the shoes.  I've switched to new shoes too.  I still have that lump in my arch, but if it doesn't bother me i'm going to keep on trucking.

Lizzie---HCBF's boss wanted y'all to cancel vacation???  Uh HELL no!!!  Even my boss knows better than to ask me to cancel vacation!!! Sheesh!!

Kat--sorry about the taxes.

Sandy--Ugh on the 0200 work call.  I would be a zombie.

Need to get my car to the shop for an oil change.  They cost a little more, but they will drive me back and forth from shop to office while they work on it.  Smile

LC Runs

Good Morning!

3 miles and 66 squats, I am still doing the squat challenge though I missed a couple of days.  Maybe I'll make up what I missed by doing a few extra each day.

Sue - nice running this morning, glad the weather cooperated!

Soccer game tonight, last District game.  They'll either be done tonight or move on next week.  They lost to this team last week so we'll see. 

Anonymous Guest

Morning! For the first time since I retired in March, I am wearing long pants this morning. Okay, jeans, but still. It is in the low 50s this morning! I have a doctor appointment this morning and can't eat before, so I decided not to run until after. Because it's 8 am and I'm starving without having run. I slacked on doctor stuff when we moved down here because I had trouble finding a primary care doctor that was accepting new patients - the aetna website had them listed, but I'd call and they'd say no. And you all know how much I hate the phone, so since I felt fine, I just quit trying. But I'm due for another colonoscopy (okay a little past due) and I haven't been to the doctor in a couple years, so off I go. In a sweatshirt and jeans! I will run a few easy after the appt and eating breakfast, then my group has it's speedwork at the track tonight, so will probably run more with them then.

Margaret, I laughed at your obvious upset at not being allowed to do core.

Kat, ugh, sorry for the crappy day made even worse by an unexpected tax bill.

Susan, isn't this cold front awesome? Our weather guy declared yesterday "Fall Day" since this one is strong enough and long enough that he doesn't think we'll get back into the 90s. But seriously, I ran yesterday morning, then it was so nice I went out again last night, and it was so weird when I was done last night I wasn't drenched in sweat and my clothes were still dry! Because the dew point was 44!!!

Laura, I admire your dedication on the challenges. Maybe I could do a 1 squat a day challenge.... have fun at the soccer game tonight and good luck to the kids.

karen

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

dhuffman63

Trails

What a crappy day already.  On the way to work I hit a deer...a large fecking deer and it crumpled the front end and even damaged the radiator, can't open the drivers door.  Had to call DH to take me to work.  On the phone with insurance company arranging for a tow to the repair shop and rental car.  May have to cancel the Pumpkin.  $500 deductible was not a planned expense so on top of the $550 worth of hay I had to buy yesterday I've had an expensive couple of days.

I am SO very upset, I've trained all year for this.

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

Oh Diane, I am so sorry.  Makes me feel selfish for whining about my crappy day yesterday.  Thank goodness you are OK, that is most important.  If you have to cancel, and I certainly hope you don't, Pumpkin will be there next year...

More later, after my - gasp - run...

K

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

DHUFFMAN63, I am so sorry about your bout with the deer. That very thing happened to my son a week ago in CO, door & radiator. Are you ok?  :::hugs:::  

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

RTurtles

Running with the Turtles

Did upper body strength last night.  DD worked out with me, she did one set.    I will try for a short TM run tonight.

Diane, OH NO!  I am so sorry that happened.  I am glad that you are OK.  I hope you can find a way to still do Pumpkin!

Sue, I guess you are first when Lizzie is on vacay.    Nice run, glad the foot is not causing any issues!

Laura, 66 squats is still a heck of a lot of squats!  

Karen, congrats on being able to cover up the legs.    Hope the appt goes well!

Lizzie, what's on the agenda for today?    Looks like another beautiful day!   Wow, can't believe HCBF's boss asked him to cancel the trip.  That is totally ridiculous!  I have a massage scheduled for next Monday.  I probably should get a few extra ones while recovering.     Bayview has some nice really trails by the lake.  Bay View Park was one of my favorite places when I lived on the south side!

Sandy, ah, it was that kind of appointment that you had.    I hope it went well and that you got some rest last night!

Damaris, cute photo!  I'm glad you are recovering well!

Elina, wow, nice recovery run!

Kat, sorry about the crap day.  I hope today is better!

Camille-Cathy, mini-C, I like that.    She is kind of a mini-me.  

HH-Kathy, Cancun sounds awesome!  Congrats to DD!  Nice that you are swimming!

Tessa, I feel bad about the Milwaukee race.  They had new organizers take over this year.  The guy that started it a few years ago, Chris Ponteri,  was just too stressed out.  He had a great vision, a marathon that showcased the city of Milwaukee.  The "original" Milwaukee marathon starts in the suburbs north of the city and doesn't actually go into Milwaukee until the very end of the race.  Ponteri had a huge fight with the other marathon organizers since they didn't want another fall marathon to compete with them, plus the city had it's own ideas on how to route the course.

Hi Margaret!  A fly-by from GatsbyBird!    Glad things are improving in Napa/Sonoma.

Cathy

Seloc

Damaris – I love that pic!  You look so fresh and happy.

Elina – yep yep, sister and I have been known to share beer provisions.  And wine.  Wow, GREAT run yesterday!  Ah, yes, temperature makes a HUGE difference.  What awesome neighbors you have!!  Our liquor sales stop at 10pm also except just 11-6 on Sundays.  And only just started being able to purchase off-sale on Sundays this past summer.

Kat – ugh on the tax bill.  Today has got to be better, right?  How are you feeling for MCM?

HH – a nap was had!  But not until almost 6pm lol.  And, yeah, had a little mental fog at 2am but got through it.  Nice swim!!

Tessa – sweet double yesterday!

Gatsby – awesome 35/35 and again super smart to listen to the body and back off when it gets twingy.  Very happy to hear things are improving out there!  Ragnar said they would post by Friday what they decide to do.  Sounds like more relief effort rather than race.  I’m inclined to cancel my trip.  Checked with Delta already and they said I could put in for an exception on a refund (since I of course always buy non-refundable tix and no insurance).  I do know there is a half that goes over GG bridge that Sun that is being considered but I’m personally inclined to cut the losses and save the pennies haha

Sue – thanks for starting us off!  I think we are all floundering with Lizzie on vacation!  Awesome run this morning and so happy to hear your foot still feels good.  Oooh, I’m all about the ride to work when getting an oil change – best service ever!!

Laura – are your legs jello, yet, with all those squats?!  Dang, girl!!  Good luck to DS in soccer – orrrr, if you are ready for it to be over, then...  Lol

Karen – hooray for sweatshirt and jeans!!  Hey, I did the checkup thing yesterday.  They mentioned colonoscopy and I went GULP but I have another couple years, yet.  WHEW!!

Diane – OH NO!!  I am SO sorry about the deer mishap!!  Are you okay?  Physically, I mean?  Pumpkin will be there next year if it comes to that.  But, sooooooooooo frustrating.  Thinking of you!!

Kat2 – have a great run!!

Cathy – your DD is so dang cute.  Spectating pal, strength training pal, running pal.  Maybe you can loan her out to me for a little motivation!

Lizzie – you ready to move to WI, yet?  I think I saw you in a flannel yesterday, your fav!!  So glad the place is giving you it’s best face (weather) while you are there.  What fun do you have planned for today?

Well, I finally got a nap in about 6pm yesterday haha.  But, feel very refreshed today!  Just did a little over 4mi this morning.  Cut it short because a cop car was speeding all around and was freaking me out.  Came screaming by twice without it’s lights.  First time I was cussing a blue streak muttering for the person to SLOW DOWN haha.  Trying to track down my spare garage door opening for the cat sitter – just easier than using the code.  I cannot for the LIFE of me remember where it is.  I’ve already asked everyone that may have it (previous cat sitters and kitchen people).  Not a huge deal but it bugs me!!

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Arimathea, the scones were made with cream. She served them with strawberry jam, but a really good quality jam. 

Monday was an interesting run time because it started with a very short shower of little sleet balls…is that what one calls them? I was dressed for cold weather and as I returned from my 45 minutes out the trail I saw a buck and a few other deer together by the lake.

Today I plan to run out the trail. It’s cold so I will bundle up. I will change my plan since there are more bucks on the trail right now. If I spend more time in the park area I will have lots of places for shelters, picnic tables, bathrooms, etc. Out the trail it is just trees very well laced with fuzzy poison ivy stems.

Safe and happy runs, All! 

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

LC Runs

Karen - whoo hoo on the jeans and sweatshirt weather!!  Hope the doc appt is uneventful.

Diane - Oh wow, that just sucks!  I'm glad you are okay and can imagine how frustrating dealing with the car repair and insurance stuff, ugh.

Hi Kat and Judy - hope you both have good days!!

Hi Cathy!!  I am weird and like doing squats , I did some deadlifts and crunches, too.  Great job on the upper body work, hope you get in a TM run later!

Sandy - nice 4 and whoo hoo on the nap yesterday, I love naps!  I hope the Boys do well but I would not be heartbroken if the season is over, this week is nice because they are all home games.  I don't know where he would play next week if they continue.  Younger DS has 2 more weeks of Saturday soccer, but they are local games, too.

ginnyb

I am not even going to try and catch up from the weekend.

Congratulations to all the racers!  Great job.

Damaris...glad you liked Detroit, one of my favorites.

Lizzie...I would count race as PR, you know you did well.

As you know, I didn't run Sunday and I did feel bad, but I don't.  My neck and shoulder were really hurting and my heart wasn't in it.  Had a wonderful weekend anyway.

Upper body yesterday, haven't run in a while...I need to get back at it.

Diane...so sorry about the accident with the deer.  Thankfully you are okay.  Hope you don't cancel Pumpkin.  Hug for you.

ginny

'

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

5.5 for me. Was going for 5 but I got lost.

Recovery miles! I almost turned around after I looped the block. My hamstring was so tight and so sore my left leg was practically frozen in place. I told myself..to give it at least a mile and it may loosen up. It did! But still..whew I am still really sore. More on my left than my right. I usually do 2 days rest but since I am traveling tomorrow I won't have time. Oh well, its done! GORGEOUS morning!! I had ear warmers on!!! WHAT!

Yesterday we went down to the lake here in Bayview. GORGEOUS! There is a jewelry store I want to go to but it wasn't open yesterday. We will go today. We went to the mall downtown and got some Milwakuee stuff and HCBF had to get Packer stuff Smile Then we went to King and I and were there for 4 hours! All the people he used to work with 11 years ago were still there! They were shocked to see him and all wanted pictures with him Smile Even one of the regular customers there remembered him! Crazy. HCBF left crying..very emotional for him. He used to love bartending/managing there. It wasn't a good job for him forever - obviously. He I think misses that time in his life..but knows he is in a better place. I think the emotions and memories of him working there also brought back other not-so-healthy drinking memories..he was telling me some crazy stories!

Today we are going to EAT. Haha. Do a few errands and we may go to Big Bend to see where he grew up. We will see Smile Play it by ear!

OH, Hey Sandy and Cathy...HCBF was looking up jobs here last night and we are going to go drive by a house today we saw for sale. I would LOOVVEEE to move here. HCBF is hesitant to be so far away from family..but the seed is planted Smile Bayview is such a cute area and the homes are adorable!!

Karen - I laughed out loud at the cereal dinner. LOL. Yay for having some more me time Smile Thanks for the words on my marathon - faster?! I am not so sure haha. Maybe…you might have to put a plan together for me to even attempt a faster time Wink I am not going to count it as a state..it was a hard effort though. Just SUCKS. I was getting pissed again last night about it. I do remember how angry you were when it happened to you! Pants today?! WOW! You are going to have a great run today! Hope the doctor apt wasn’t too bad. I have had a colonoscopy and I really don’t mind them..the drugs are awesome. I consider it a cleanse. Wink

Sandy - Racing a marathon sucks. LOL. Maybe I am saying that because this was the first time I did it haha. Oh my hamstring..that band thing is for my IT band. It gets cranky on long runs sometimes..it actually hasn’t been too bad lately but I like to wear it just incase. I had HCBF tape my hamstring up real good so I didn’t have any real issues with it. It was screaming at me towards the end..but then again everything was.

Docket - Wow, you had to stop at the finish because the wind was so bad? Holy crap! Nice job on the race and glad you are feeling so good afterwords! Whats next?! Smile

Kilmisters - He is looking..he just doesn’t have enough “umph” to pull the trigger yet. He will get there.Nice job on the recovery run!

Tessa - You are right - about mile 22-23 is where it was off. I also heard that a lot of people had their splits missed. I had never seen the “open air” thing before. I noticed it around the 20 mile mark..and I was like “hmm is that the timing mat?”. Weird. Nice treadmill run!

Kathryn - Sorry about the extra money going to the government. UGHHHHH Sad Sad Hope today is better!

Hi Margaret! Good news about rain in your area soon! Glad you are feeling good with the running! Woohoo!

Diane - OH NO Diane!!!! That is awful. I am so sorry. I am glad you are okay!! Thats the important thing. Isn’t Pumpkin paid for? Are you referring to the hotel expense? I am sorry Sad I hope you can figure something out!

Cathy - Your DD is so cute!!! Good luck on the treadmill tonight!! I know you are hating not running in this weather. Oh, that is good about the massage. I think I would increase them while you are recovering, too. HCBF and I talked about trying to get a couples massage today..It wouldn’t be very romantic if I was screaming and pain. I ran through Humble Park today and through some neighborhoods. I LOVE this area…and everyone is so nice! They all say good morning..you get a grunt in RVA. LOL. OH the King and I last night was really good! Cute little place in there. I am still upset over the MKE race..sigh. I am going to have to come back Smile Which isn’t a bad thing…I will probably do Lakefront! Maybe not next year since we may be doing Twin Cities but the following year Smile

Laura - Holy crap! Your booty is going to be tight! Smile Smile

Sandy - You too with the colonoscopy?! They aren’t that bad!! A cleanse..and you lose like, 10 lbs. LOL. I had one after a cruise..whew. Okay, I won’t go into detail. I was having stomach issues..so doc wanted one to make sure nothing strange was going on in there. I would have freaked out with the cop cars too! Yikes. You know what else they do that ticks me off? They pull people over in the middle of the road!! Like, PULL OFF TO THE SIDE. I don’t understand. Glad you are okay though! Hmm wonder where that spare opener could be!! Smile

Ginny - Don’t feel bad you didnt do the race Sunday..like you said, your heart wasn’t in it. I hope you had a great time with your friends, though!

Okay. Off to shower...HCBF is cleaning out my purse. LOL. I could never cheat. Wink Have a good Tuesday!

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

dhuffman63

Trails

USAA insurance if you can get it is fantastic.  They've arranged a tow tomorrow for my car to the shop I used earlier this year when the guy backed into me, arranged a rental car and outside of the deductible will pay for everything.  I'm picking up the rental tonight.  DH offered to let me drive his car down but it's also brand new and I just don't feel right doing that. I'll talk to him and see what he thinks but I'm sure he'll be ok with me going.  Now I just have to get past the fear of hitting something else when I'm 2+ hours away.

I have a bruise on my left shin and still have the shakes but other than that the damage is just to my poor car.  She's not even 6 months old, but at least no one was injured other than the deer.  I can't believe it survived with all the damage done but I didn't see it's body on the road.  I hate the fact that I killed something like that.

Laura, good luck at the soccer game, hope it goes well either way.

Sue I tried the KT tape this morning but I'm not sure exactly what I'm doing and it felt like my arch was "burning" a little so I took it back off.  If I go to Pumpkin I'll see if someone there knows how to do it.

Karen I was doing pretty good with 50 squats, 25 1 legged and 25 lunges a day but fell off the wagon and haven't been able to get back to it.

Oh my Judy, the deer here aren't as big as the deer in CO...thank goodness he didn't hit a moose.  I'm thankful it wasn't a cow as some of them go easily over 1000 lbs.  Deer here typically dress out around 350 and this one had to be at least that big maybe bigger as the winter wheat and corn was growing well this year.

Wow that sucks about MKE.  Lizzie you trained so hard for it.  And what a shite company BF works for to ask him to cancel and even basically ask you to cancel something you worked so hard for.  Here's to him finding a new job, and soon.

Kat, I'm sorry you had a crap day.  Is the weather any better there?  Today it was 47 when I attempted to drive in...lol.

Sandy glad you got a nap in.  Hope the Napa thing works out.

Margaret, glad things are improving there a bit.  I hope the area gets just enough rain to put out the fires but not too much to cause land slides and erosion.

Tessa hope your area is good too.

Hi Ginny.

Well I need to get to work.  Good day to everyone.

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

Sue, glad wrapping the foot helped!  I take my car to the dealership too for maintenance.

Laura, you still amaze me with your workouts.

Karen, isn't the cool weather NICE!  I ran in a long sleeve shirt.  Granted, I was slightly warm...

Cathy, have a good TM run (if they are possible) tonight.

Sandy, I am up in the air about MCM.  I think/hope/pray it will go OK.  I was speedy enough this morning to hang a bit behind the 5hr group for ONE MILE, and one mile only.  If I run the entire mile that is.  I'm pretty confident I can, or close to it.  Sounds crazy when I am a 6+ hour finisher.  Thing is, when I run, I go at a decent pace, just the walking slows me down obviously.  I did a run walk mile and was in the mid 11's this morning.  As far as the rest of the trip, wahooooo, can't wait.  Made dinner reservations for myself at a swanky Italian place Fri, dinner with you all (or here in TX, y'all), and Indian on Sun with my GF from PDX.  All sorts of plans for museums, zoo, etc...  How are you feeling????

Hi Judy!

Ginny, if your heart wasn't in it, it would have been a miserable experience.

Lizzie, sounds like you and HCBF are having a great time.  How sweet everyone remembered him at the restaurant.

I actually got a short run in.  Felt good.  I can feel an ever so slight twinge in the hammy, nothing to hamper MCM unless it flares up.  One of my run/walk miles was really good, mid 11's as I mentioned to Sandy.  I won't feel AS guilty starting up with the quicker folks.

VERY frustrated, I can't get my watch to alert me to the mile laps.  I thought I fixed it out this morning, but it won't alert me or show me my pace per mile.  If it does it again, I will call Garmin.  I already did what it says online and it didn't work.  I still have my ancient watch, if I have to I will wear that and pray it's battery will live.  I might be geeky and wear both, or buy a new cheapie one..  This isn't the race to screw around with not knowing my pace.

Here's to a better day for me and Diane, and a great day to y'all....

Kathryn

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024