Womens Running

TIME FOR TUESDAY DIVAS! (Read 19 times)

SassySparky

Post! Cool

I'll be running my first full, the Richmond Marathon on November 16, 2013!

SassySparky

RR: Just did 4 on the TM. I think I did strides, hahah, I just did a few 100m dashses at HMP at the end ... because I was bored. Funny, I really didn't want to run when I got on it this morning and was only going to do 3, but I finished 4 and now I don't even feel like I ran. Yay fitness. Wink

NRR: Not much time to talk, G is up and I'm trying to finish my cereal so I can feed him. I'm a little overwhelmed at the moment - I think that writing a grant, trying to PR in a half marathon and planning G's first birthday party all at the same time was a little dumb. I need to remember to delegate for this party ... my mom offered to do something for it so I just need to let her. let's see if my inner control freak allows this!

MA runner girl

Morning ladies!! I'm working at home today Smile

RR: 3 miles yesterday! I almost turned around at a half mile, and then a mile, but made it to the mile and a half turn around! Today I'm planning on going for a nice long walk after work. No excuses!

NRR: Last night after my run I made dinner, cleaned up, showered and put away the laundry. My feet were KILLING me after that! Like I'd been on them all day long, not just a couple hours. Sigh. Today I'm hoping to at least do some organizing in the nursery. We'll see.

Sassy - I think asking for help is going to be really tough for me too once baby comes. I have family super close though so I just need to do it! Great run this morning!

Have a great day girls!

PRs: 5k - 21:22, half marathon - 1:39:43, marathon - 3:37:16

melrunner

Morning girls!!! I've been so busy with the family I havent had time to post!!!

TriR, next! Tomorrow I'm running and ST. Today is long day.

NtriR,work then volunteering so I won't be home until 10.

Wedding Related: got a ton done since mom and sister are here. Saturday we did our wedding registry which was an all day event. I have to go back and add/edit a few items. I also bought two pairs if wedding shoand to see which ones match more other dress, will return one but need another pair of really comfy wedges for party. ill probably look online. ill post a pic of shoes on FB later!! Then I got my dress fitting!!! Yay!!!!!  My mom is here for the rest of the week so we have to buy some other items, decide on fabric for the girls, etc.

i have to post a little WR stress I'm having on FB right now. Nothing major.

have a great day girls!!!

PumpkinFace

Hi, all!  Had to come on to post that MEL, your wedding dress is divine.  You will be a heavenly bride.  Yeah, lots of religious metaphors, but it fits.  Your wedding is going to be such a celebration, and I couldn't be happier for you.

Sassy:  Remember to breathe -- a first birthday party does NOT have to be something to base your self-worth on.  Not that you said that.  But feel free to step away from Pinterest.  Whatever you do will be great because you are a fun and fun-loving parent with a happy little boy.

MA:  I'm not at all surprised that you kicked excuses to the curb.  Way to be a role model for fit pregnancy, my friend.

outwest:  I'm enjoying the nature scenery from your FB page lately!

Taylor:  What PhD programs have you applied to-- wait, you don't have to say here.  Do know, though, that I'm excited for you.

RR: 13.1 this morning in 1:42:41.  Maybe some leisurely stationary bike/book reading in the Marshals' gym on my break.  One can only sit for so long.

NRR:  So yeah, five more months of my job, then an August move.  Sad  /  Smile  Yep, bittersweet.  In August, my sister is having a baby, too, so I'll be heading down there before the OKC move to clean her house/try to make food/help while she recovers from her C-section.  Other than that, life's pretty grand because I'm forcing myself to live in a bit less of a frenzy and prioritize what truly matters.

Catch you on the flip!

lizo_77

hi ladies!

back to normal thank goodness! my tummy feels good.

RR: did an almost 3 mile run this morning. grrrr. the roads were slick with frost. wiped out once.... at least I got some miles in.

NRR: work day normal. then home for some laundry and basement cleaning. it's a mess down there. then packing for worthington tomorrow. taking thursday and friday off from work. M and I were supposed to go to the cities this weekend for another premarital counseling session, but  his uncle just passed away, so we're going to funeral on saturday instead. Sad please send good vibes his family's way. It's so sad. He was in a car accident, and seemed like he braked and swerved off the road. I'm thinking he might have tried to avoid some kind of animal or something.

sassy: sorry for the overwhelmed feeling!  that is a lot of very different big things that need to get done. one at a time....

MA: yay for working from home today! sorry about the feet! does your DH give foot massages?

mel: yay for productive wedding planning!! sorry about the work related stress. hope that disappears soon!

later!

outwestrunner

Good morning, ladies!

RR: SRD. Some ST tonight. My legs are still bothering me, but I got the balance ball situation figured out, and I have a massage scheduled for tomorrow after work.

NRR: Not too much, and I'm not complaining. Smile

Sassy - When does Big D get back?

MA - Nice work on getting your 3 in!

Mel - Your pictures on FB are beautiful!!

PFace - NICE work on that run this morning! How long is your appointment in OKC?

Lizo - Sorry to hear about M's uncle. That is so sad.

RunLikeTheWind23

Morning Ladies!

Okay, so get ready--here comes a post in which all I do is complain Sad

I'm scared. Really scared. My symptoms are back. Over the last few days I've been increasingly exhausted to the point where it's hard to function. I took a 3 hour nap yesterday afternoon. This morning I woke up unable to see. My vision is super blurry and spotty. My head hurts and I just feel "funny". My neck is KILLING me. I'm nauseous. UGH. I'm giving this till Friday night to resolve itself. It could be related to the storm we have coming in, as new weather fronts can affect the way I feel. However, there are just too many symptoms for it to related to the weather. I also could be in need of a pressure adjustment on my shunt. UGH. I don't know. All these symptoms were present before my surgery and literally went away within hours of waking up from anesthesia. And now they are back full force. My surgeon did say that a shunt malfunction is not at all uncommon. Much of the time people require numerous shunt revision surgeries over a lifetime. And there is no rhyme or reason as to when and why they malfunction. Anyway, I'm giving this till Friday and if I'm not feeling back to normal, then I'm going to the ER on Saturday. I try never to complain. I try to pretend things are okay even though right now, I'm in pain and everything hurts. But right now, I feel like such a complaining baby! Please think happy thoughts! Thanks!

taylorma1

Morning ladies

Sassy- sorry about all the stuff you have going on now, but I agree. Delegating some tasks, especially to people who already asked, seems like a great idea

MA-great job on keeping up with your running. So awesome you still have energy to do a bunch of chores and still continue to run

meli-can't believe the wedding is only 3 months away! Your dress is so gorgeous!

PF-no, i don't mind. I applied to Indiana U-Bloomington's Anatomy Education Program and just applied to Rush University (in Chicago)'s Anatomy and Cell Bio Program. Hope to hear back soon. My ideal school would be IU, but I would be happy at either. Way to go on your run this morning. I hope I can be as speedy as you some day

lizo-glad you are feeling better today. So sorry about M's uncle. That is really sad

outwest-ooohhh massage. That's something nice to look forward to

RR: did not want to get out of bed this morning, but I forced myself to since we are supposed to get snow today. But it was not a great run. Might have to take a nap later today as I had a terrible night's sleep

NRR: I applied to the other PhD program last night. Just need to get in one more transcript and 3 letters of recommendation. Then I need to just sit back and cross my fingers that I get in somewhere

taylorma1

RLTW-oh no! Sending you some good vibes that the issues resolve themselves soon!

SassySparky

Meli - love love love your dress!

MA - great job keeping up with everything, but remember to rest!!

Pumpkin - YOU ARE SO SPEEDY! My goal for the summer is to get my easy run pace a little faster. Did you follow a program to get faster or just start doing it? I understand that moving and starting a new job is bittersweet. I felt the same way about my current position. Re: party - the problem is that I looooove party planning and I will do that to the expense of everything else. It's more for me than anyone else. I just need to remember that others can help with it Smile

Lizo - Im sorry to hear about M's uncle. Yikes, I'm glad you are ok after wiping out on the roads!

OWR - Big D is back, he arrived last Friday. I would love a massage right now!

RLTW - sending good vibes your way.Keep resting and talk to your doctor soon!

Taylor - great job getting your applications in. There are a lot of little details that go into applying!

NorCal

Morning ladies!

RR. Probably just 3-4 slow miles tonight, as I'm still a bit sore from my LR on Sunday. I think the combo of faster pace/pavement was not good for my body. This weekend's long run will be half road/half trail and slower!

NRR. Working at home this morning, then heading to work for the afternoon. I'm working on getting stuff all set up for my new office, including a merchant account so I can accept credit cards with a swiper on my phone! I have my second client this Thurs! Smile

Lizo- I'm so sorry about his uncle, that is tragic. Sad

Pumpkin- 13.1 on a Tuesday morning!? You amaze me!

Sassy- I think having your mom do some stuff for the party is a grand idea, but I'm sure she'll love to be involved. Good job on your run this morning!!

MA- Great job on hanging in there on your run last night! You are really doing great!!!

Meli- That's fantastic so many things are getting done for the wedding! It will be here before you know it, so exciting!!!

Humboldt Redwoods Half Marathon 10.20.2013 

Tiburon by the Bay Half Marathon 11.3.2013 (My Birthday!) 

Napa Valley Full Marathon 3.2.2013

PRs: 

Half: 1:48

Full: 4:34

NorCal

RLTW- (((hugs))) I'm so sorry you're feeling badly again!

Taylor- Good luck on getting into one of the programs!

Humboldt Redwoods Half Marathon 10.20.2013 

Tiburon by the Bay Half Marathon 11.3.2013 (My Birthday!) 

Napa Valley Full Marathon 3.2.2013

PRs: 

Half: 1:48

Full: 4:34

outwestrunner

Well it is B!tchcake Tuesday after all. I exchanged my balance ball for a smaller one last night, then got to work and started to think it'd be too small for me because my weight will push it down.. and then, when I started pumping it up, the pump broke! I know, totally first world problems, but come on!

MA runner girl

Meli - You make a beautiful bride my dear!

RLTW - Sad I'm so sorry! I would probably call your Dr now, esp if you are feeling that badly and he can help!

Pumpkin - Holy cow, can i have some of your speed!? Have you ever actually raced a half marathon?

Liz - SO sorry to hear about M's uncle. Vibes coming your way! I didn't ask DH for a foot massage last night. I should have! He will if I ask Smile

Outwest - Mmm massage Smile Enjoy!

Taylor - I hope you get into the PhD programs! Your goal is to be a professor, correct?

Sassy - Thanks, sometimes I equate resting to laziness, so if I rest too much I feel bad.

PRs: 5k - 21:22, half marathon - 1:39:43, marathon - 3:37:16