Womens Running

Time for School Tuesday Supermoms (Read 25 times)

running eh

Zorbs - I found a kale slaw recipe online and whipped it up for lunch.  it was good, but now I want something unhealthy to wash it down.

Bermy - I am so impressed with your progress and your dedication.  You are an inspiration for sure!  I can hardly wait to see how that 5k goes for you.  Who likes the dinosaur more, DH or DS?  Smile

mer - WOW!!  Those are long days - I hope you can stay awake all day!

ernie - camping is so fun for kids, but so tiring for the parents.  DD2 was a good age this year.  Old enough to not take off but young enough that she didn't mind if her older siblings went to the park or the beach without her.  Hope you got some good brownies!!  Where did you camp?

CX2 - Hope DH has a good first day back.  Funny that you miss people.  I had to work by myself last week and I missed having a partner/ someone to listen to me talk most of all.

CA - enjoy the last run swap.  Have you heard any more from your boss?  Hope that works for your folks - that would be nice to have them close as well!

spike - I HATE that poomonster!  I like the idea of picking counters better than I liked picking the counters - I found it stressful.  I looked at the kitchen store and then stopped at every hardware store I could think of b/c I didn't like any of the options.  In the end I am VERY happy w. what we have though.  DO you have any idea what you want, material, colours etc?

RG - grrr, PM sucks!!

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

CA - my parents want to move closer but I honestly don't want them to.

spike - PM has got me 4 of the last 6 runs.

eh - that's why I'm serving that kale salad with pulled pork. But I'd maybe eat it with fried chicken too.

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

http://runningskirtsandmanicures.blogspot.ca/ 

superspike113

Honorary Old

Eh- we are doing laminate in the bathrooms/laundry and I want granite in the kitchen. I looked at quartz and its ok, but I prefer how granite doesn't look so uniform/artificial. We talked to the lady at the countertop place and she said that quartz tends to actually be more expensive than granite and sealing granite is super easy and costs like $10 for a bottle.

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

BermyHorse

Zorbs – is that affection I read in your post? You give hugs and kisses? I have this image of you being too sassy for that stuff. In bermy I tried those beats per minute songs which are aligned to race paces. Didn’t work. I am as equally excited for the cold weather for the mosquito season to end.

Rg – your class sounds like a blast. Bermy coach asked for your name to try and find you in Denver next week – I will send you hers. I think you’re still going right? My next tempo will be same 7.20 but hold for 25 mins I think. I will check. Bf counseling session went really well. I wore a pretty dress as I had a sitter so I felt even marginally glamorous and had my hair down. Can’t ever remember last time I did both. There are a TON of regulations on bf-milk donations I think. Didn’t fancy mixing it into R’s food?

Eh – you had a busy day roasting – yum! DH loves that dinosaur. He pus it in freaky positions near me so when I turn around suddenly it scares me and is staring right at me. It is currently playing American football with its mouth in the centre of the living room. Why on earth do we need a foam dinosaur? Only a man would buy that for another male.

Mer – I can’t believe you are 36 weeks. It seems just like yesterday that you announced you were pg. crazy that you are back at school so pg. Hope you are ok and no too worn out. Hugs x

Ernie – enjoy catching up with your friends at the community centre. Sounds great.

Cx2 - Did you finish with nanny and start with day care?

CA – are you back at work next Monday? What is your next tempo like? How do you progress your tempos?

Spike – do you poop before you run? I poop within minutes of walking around getting out of bed. Even before eating/drinking. I am so excited for your new appliances. Which did you get? So freakin cool to get new stuff.

5K 21.12   10K 50:12   HM 2:07   FM 3:50:31

L e e l a

Okay, Supermoms, Bermy got me over here posting again.  For today I'm just re-posting what I already wrote on FB!  I'll see if I can get to personals.  Apologies if I can't!

RR - SRD. Will do some core work and foam rolling later.

RR2 - just met with my running coach. We looked at my paces over the past few runs, especially my last 18 mile run. I ran it too slow, which I knew at the time since I slowed down so DH could run with me. I am going to have to break it to him that we need to pick up the pace slightly on those long runs. The coach told me the pace DH should be able to hold during the marathon, and it was a lot faster than DH thinks he can run. DH uses the excuse that he is built more for HM/10 mile distance but the coach said if he's built for HM he is built for marathon. Lots of ammo to convince DH to suck it up and run faster on the long runs. 

TR - tough drop off at school today. But I checked and she was fine by the time she got to the classroom. 

FR - Tofu with homemade veggie marinara over GF pasta.

BermyHorse

leela - I think in your head you know you can run an 8.20. Why are you trying to match your pace with your DH?

CTimesTwo

bermy - we still have the nanny 1 day a week... so it's daycare 3x a week, the nanny 1x and my mom 1x... by the time we met the nanny, C was already enrolled in daycare and if we didn't take the spot, we would've had to wait until summer of 2014 to get C into the daycare... we love the nanny though and she's fine with taking care of C once a week... I almost wish we hadn't enrolled C so soon because the nanny is fantastic, but we think the socialization will be good for C...

leela - hi!  sometimes I copy and paste my post to other groups too... it's too hard for me to re-type everything!

superspike113

Honorary Old

Leela- Hi!

Bermy- Yes, I always go before a run. The PM attacks are residual, lurking poos that wait until I'm at a point in my run where I don't want to turn back or I need to hurry up and get home. I'm sure the spicy chile verde pork didn't help the situation, either.

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

runnergirl9508

Bermy: no, I will be at the RRCA coaching certification course in Chicago in Nov, not Denver. I would have loved to meet your coach, though!! And yes, I did actually mix a bit of bm in with Rs food at first. I was just a milk monster Wink

leela: yay!! Good to see you here too!! YYour coach sounds awesome!

5K: 19:15       Half: 1:29:35       Marathon: 3:13:08

armmama

late posting for me and not sure I will be able to do personals

RR - 8 miles mostly in the dark this morning.  Felt really strange to run before I had to get the kids up for school, I kept thinking I was going to be late.  They start school 2 hours later here than in MS so we are enjoying this new schedule.

BR - went to REI this morning and while we were waiting for them to tape up my stroller handle where the padding split I was looking at the  trail running shoes and L grabbed a couple of the women's shoes off the display rack and put them on his feet and was walking around in them.  Too cute.  But then some lady walked over to him, took off those shoes and was trying kid shoes on him to see if they might fit her son.  I thought it was a little odd that she just did that and didn't even ask me if it was OK.  Plus her son is apparently 2 years older than L so not sure that did her any good anyway.

KR - first day of school!  We live less than a 1/2 mile from the school so we walked.  I thought they'd complain about walking but we saw some of our neighbors getting in cars to go to school and DD1 was like WHY would they drive?  I asked her if she'd still be willing to walk when it was snowing and below 0 and she said probably not.  We'll enjoy it on these nice days though!

FR - I'm going out so I'll probably make some kind of pasta for everyone else before I go.

NRR - today has flown by.  Walked girls to school, took L to REI, Trader Joe's then to the gym for my free personal training session.  Then home for a quick lunch and nap.  I need to shower quick before I wake L up to walk to school and get the girls because after DH gets home I'm meeing my brother's ex-fiance for a drink.  I'm not really looking forward to it since I'm afraid she's just going to bitch about  my brother which is going to feel awkward for me, but I felt bad saying no.

Erniegirl

rg - Glad your crunch & run class went well! Great that R eats well while traveling - makes it a lot less stressful. Oh my, the PM sure was persistent this morning!

zorbs - Yay for potty use! That kale salad sounds yummy...I should check to see if they have it at Superstore. I feel like they should if it's at NF. I only got a handful of mosquito bites this weekend, so they are definitely dying out. Once the bees get really bad, I will be hoping for first frost as well.

eh - Mmm, those roasted veggies sound great. I do love cool weather cooking. We camped at Arrowhead, which is in the Muskoka area. Where did you guys camp?

bermy - I never run with music, but I can see the appeal of powering through a tough workout with angry rap! Great job on your tempo. What is a yoga blanket? I am so clueless about crafts.

Mer - At 36 weeks pg, just getting through a workday is serious exercise! You look great. Funny how kids are always so fascinated by trains. Hope the upcoming weekend will be a restful one after all your long days this week!

cx2 - Sorry about the tough daycare drop off Sad I'll bet she started having fun not too long after you left, though. LOL at you ignoring DH when he is being embarrassing by yelling your name. I do love fall but I am not ready for it yet!

CA - Hope your last run swap was great! I agree - no rush to be less baby-like, the baby stage is so short. is it next Monday that you start back to work?

Spike - PM is really out to get you these days. Ha ha ha, between asking for pickles at bizarre times of day and wanting to be pushed on the swing forever, it sounds like we totally have the same kid.

leela - Good to see you here! (I admit, I had to check fb to figure out who leela was). Hope you can get DH to pick up the pace on your long runs. Funny that he claims he's only built for certain distances. My DH claims he's not built to run further than 3k.

5k - 20:46          10k - 41:27         10 mile - 1:15:32          Half marathon - 1:39:15      

BermyHorse

any recommendations for hair straighteners?

and... can't believe I forgot this - DH treated me to these in black (size 4 whoo hoo) and these for track. I wore the shake ones yesterday for my tempo and love them.

superspike113

Honorary Old

Bermy- I've heard good things about the Farouk Chi ones. I'm cheap and lazy so I just have a castoff Conair one from my sister that does the job. Woohoo on going down a size! I have had zero motivation/discipline lately.

Armama- weird about the lady trying shoes on your kid in REI!  My mom bought me a pair of insulated coveralls once for Christmas- there was a lady trying them on so mom asked her what size she was getting because I looked about her size. They were too short.

beckykay

Bermy:  Woohoo!  Love those shorts.

Hope all of the supermoms are doing lovely.  Things should calm down now for me.

Day 1 of diet and I want to eat my arm off right now.  Must go find something to distract me.....

superspike113

Honorary Old

Bermy:  Woohoo!  Love those shorts.

Hope all of the supermoms are doing lovely.  Things should calm down now for me.

Day 1 of diet and I want to eat my arm off right now.  Must go find something to distract me.....

Becky- my tips are drink craptons of water, chew gum when you cook, and find something to occupy your hands in the evening. I took up knitting when I did WW and lost 50 lbs.