Womens Running

Totally Tuesday - Supermoms (Read 25 times)

Zorbs - I do have a garmin but not sure how to get it to help with pacing - maybe the heart rate monitor? I tried to set the zones once but was completely frustrated with the entire process.

CAR: It is great having parents close by - mine are about 6 miles away and both retired so they stop by every weekend and are the only folks to have ever babysit this kids.

Bermy:  Sounds like your running is going really well.  I love to hear about your coaches. I've contacted a lady in town for some help with speed work but haven't heard back from her. I was completely inspired by your ability to stalk potential coaches.

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

dexy - you could set it to yell at you if you fall off the pace.  I think it's called virtual pacer? or you can just neurotically keep checking your wrist, but make sure you pay attention to how you feel at faster and slower paces.

bermy - go back to Bermuda? for a visit or permanently?

nola - sorry about all the sickness & injuries. I have gotten graston on my shins before - hurt like a mofo but fixed things up of course.

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

http://runningskirtsandmanicures.blogspot.ca/ 

nolamama

CQTM

zorbs - yay for DH starting to run more. I like your new plan, you've got the mileage under your belt so you'll be fine. Graston scares me. I'm really hoping that if I take a week off I will be like new. The pain was getting worse and worse and I didn't want it to turn into a sfx. I didn't know the virtual pacer would yell at me! There are so many things about my Garmin that I'm not taking advantage of.

RG - hopefully this wellness center will be a good opportunity for you! Has R done any kids races? How old does one need to be?

cx2 - I'm glad C is willing to comfort mommy when she is crying Big grin

r-eh - when is the Richmond marathon?

Becky - Mmmm, I loved baked ziti. Sorry about C, one minute you're their BFF, the next they are threatening to hit you in the face!

Ernie - I totally missed your weekend running shenanigans. They must all be on FB! Angry

Dexy - if I'm trying to keep a certain pace, I look neurotically at my Garmin.

CA - boo on the diaper rash. I have to keep A coated in desitin at all time, her skin is so sensitive.

arm - yikes on the wedding drama! Have they been together a while, do they have a history of breaking up or anything?

Bermy - hi! Wha? Going back to Bermuda?????

superspike113

Honorary Old

RR: 5miles with RPs and kiddo, 6 on tap for tomorrow. Was scheduled to do 8, but we are all feeling "meh" about it and I have to push the stroller.

TR: Maniacally screams "WHEEEE!" on the swings. We have a game where we say "Blehhh!" to eachother- Reid giggles and says "Funny!".  He's being a little shit any time I have to change his diapers or clothes and fights me tooth and nail.

FR: Last night was teriyaki chicken, not sure about tonight. I told my dad we'd eat with him but I will still have to feed DH.

NRR: DH sent me flowers yesterday for no reason. He's been working a ton and it was just a "thinking of you" gesture- very sweet.

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

CTimesTwo

ca - the only time C ever has a diaper rash is when she's teething... and it looks so painful.. hope O's isn't too bad..

bermy - i used to read posts on a forum by a woman who was obsessed with POAS.  She did it for 8 days to see if she was preggo, and she even posted pics of the results of the stick.  A few times she POAS in the bathroom at Target.  Unfortunately she didn not end up preggo...

nola - yay teeth!  All of C's teeth have come in pairs, none came in one at a time.  Hope you're injuries and sickness improve soon!

spike - aw that is so sweet of your DH!  Mine surprised me with a gift too - a jumbo pack of of Twix chocolate bars.  Ha..

BermyHorse

to clarify - going back to bermuda just for a week visit. we are staying in TN - we love it here!

5K 21.12   10K 50:12   HM 2:07   FM 3:50:31

runnergirl9508

Cx2- great job with the ST/core workout today. aww, that's cute about C comforting you. I loved the pic of her you used as your cover photo on FB- she's growing up so fast. I'd be teaching pre-natal fitness classes, as well as doing private personal training. And i'm working on getting a group started there for the Couch to 5K program, or similar.

reh: nice job on the run today! Tempo's are mentally tough, but the training benefits show up on race day! yay for booking things for Richmond. awww, how cute that DS gets to sleepover- I bet MIL spoils him!

becky- have fun on the track tonight- are you doing a speed workout, or just miles on the track? boo on the early morning timeouts, rough start to the day, for sure! bummer on DH being home so late, hope it's a reasonable time today.

Ernie- nice job on the circuit workout- I love the creativity! does S not like stroller runs much anymore? I took R last week, and he was content the whole 6.5 miles, which surprised me since I haven't regularly run with him since last fall. bummer on DH's work- I hope you guys can still get away!

armmama- I love exploring new places on foot- it's fun to find your way around town. When we vacation, I like to run early in the morning and scope out some cool places for us to visit later in the day. bummer on the handlebar pad- I don't have a BOB. aww, is L cutting teeth? R was whiny like crazy on Friday, then Saturday I noticed his incisors had popped through. For now I'm just working locally, though I'd like to eventually set up a virtual coaching site.

Dexy- nice run today. 67* is still tank top weather for me!!! Haha, I will wear a tank to race in the 40's.

CA- nice tempo run today- I'm sooo excited to see how well you race at SW!!! I totally hear ya on the weather. It's been right around 40-45* over night, perfect running temps when I step out at 6AM! Aw, poor O on the diaper rash, I'm lucky in that R never had one- even teething! Wow, how great would that be if your parents moved closer!

Bermy- YAY so glad you posted today!! LOL- I read your POAS comment as "the bathroom of dicks" and was thinking why'd Bermy POAS in the men's room?! then I realized you meant the store, haha. My most recent cycle was 39 days- weird. It's typically 35ish? NICE JOB on your tempo paces!! I adore your new coaches workouts, and everything extra she's having you doing. I think that your next level is going to be a HUGE leap for you. You put so much time and effort into your training, great job. Did your coach set you up with a nutrition plan too? I was noticing her supplements page on her site.

NOLA- hope the rest week helps the shins calm down. Do you have access to a PT who does Graston? That really helps with shin splints! Aw, bummer on the ear infection- hope A's feeling better soon! And I hope you're feeling better- it's no party when mama's sick! R hasn't raced yet- most kids races start age 2 or 3, depending on the length of the race.

spike- your running has been awesome lately- you've been so dedicated to the SW plan! OMG- my R is back to being a total turd-face when I change his diaper too. He laughs and thrashes around like it's the most ticklish thing ever. At least he's happy, but one of these days I have a bad feeling that he's going to end up covered in poop. Sad  Awww, I love flowers for no reason- those are the best kind! DH never gets me flowers for the typical Valentine's day/birthday. It's always a "just because."

5K: 19:15       Half: 1:29:35       Marathon: 3:13:08

beckykay

RG:  I was going to step up to 800s (I had been doing 400s) but with this stupid cold I am just going for miles today.

Spike:  good, your DH needs to send you flowers with all the overtime he pulls.  I was pulling my hair out yesterday with just a few hours Smile

NOLA:  Yep, I was defriended yesterday too.  I was ok with that.  We both have these silly colds and cranky crabs.

Dexy:  I also neurotically look at my watch to check my pace but it is broken!

Bermy:  Glad to "see" you today.!   Also read the POAS at dicks wrong....

beckykay

CA:  That would be heaven, to have my mother about 30 minutes away.  Especially now that they are getting older, I seem to go home to do chores for them more and more.

Dexy:  I think it was like 55 here this morning, I just wanted to stay it bed - it was nice and chilly.

Arm:  boo, I hope your brother gets over his cold feet quickly.  Dh was working on dumping cell phone data and the phone was not cooperating.   The cops he was doing the work for said to tell me that I was a good woman for letting him play so late and bought him a pizza (which he brought home for us to eat tonight).  Not all bad I guess.

Ernie:  Lol, I love your stories of S - she cracks me up!

superspike113

Honorary Old

zorbs- Dh hasn't run in a couple weeks- he is dieting too hard and has no energy plus a weird strain in his groin/thigh. I made the mistake of telling R that I'm taking him to see grandma and papa and go on the swings when I pick him up, but he didn't understand and thought I meant NOW and that I was doing it without him when I left him at daycare to go to work.

runnergirl- good luck with your meeting!  R and I ran back and forth across the soccer complex on Sunday and I was pretty impressed with how far he ran. I wish they had kid's races here.

cx2- R is very temperamental with hugs and kisses as well- sometimes he catches me my suprise and I get a big open mouth slobber kiss, blech!

eh- your fr sounds yummy. Dh hates cooked wine.

becky- sorry C is being a butt.

Ernie- R likes to hand the silverware back to me whether its dirty or clean

armama- boo to figuring out running routes. I moved three blocks and it effed up all my routes!

CA- hope you can get your family closer. 30 mins away is nice because its close enough for babysitting, but not so close they are popping in on you all the time.

Dexy- I'm a freak that prefers winter to summer for running.

Bermy- You are always trying to build a better mousetrap with your diet! Are you just trying to lower your bf% or is this just a fun challenge? Good job with your workouts, you rock!

Nola- R say Nack too!  R got his teeth in batches, which I suppose is a good thing but it made him super cranky.

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

Erniegirl

zorbs - Good move on upping your peak to 65k. That's what I peaked at for Chilly and it felt good - if anything, I would try even higher mileage for my next half. Bermy 1000s will be good training, too! And I found 15k or so runs with 10k at hm pace were really beneficial. Ew, we would never take the 400 from MA. We go up 48 and around Lake Simcoe. Much nicer, faster and traffic-free drive.

rg - I have a new appreciation for core workouts these days because they are so easy to squeeze in even if you don't have a lot of time. Sounds like you have a good business opportunity - working with a doula should be good for picking up some pre and post natal clients! S hates the stroller now, whether it's for running or walking. Half and hour max and then she's losing her mind.

Cx2 - Ha ha, C was on to the trick once DH fake cried. I HATE when offices are ice cold in the summer. Although it is a good excuse to wear your marathon hoodie. Up until a month ago, S would tolerate about an hour in the stroller. Now it's half an hour max.

eh - Great job on your tempo. Are you feeling better about marathon training this week? I know you said the first week didn't go so well.

Becky - Ugh, bad start to the day with time outs. Hopefully he's better behaved tonight AND DH gets home at a reasonable hour! How could anyone hate baked ziti? It's so delicious!

Arm - I'm trying to picture how the handle bar cracked - the actual bar, not just the padding? I would think the bar would have to be welded back together. Oh, so sad about your brother's wedding. Do you think there's any chance it's just cold feet or does he want out for real? Better that he told her now, but still Sad

CA - I saw on the news how cold it is in Alberta today. Nice for running, but hopefully it warms up as the day goes on!  Exciting on your parents coming to look for houses. 35 minutes away sounds like a perfect distance.

Dexy - I was thinking yesterday it might be too cold for a tank, but it was actually really comfortable - it just felt really chilly at first in comparison to the heat wave!

Bermy - Sounds like your training is going really well. I'm excited to see how you do in upcoming races. What is your next race? Not sure if you were hoping to be pg or not but, if so, sorry AF arrived. But, uh, ha ha, I also ready POAS in dicks to mean in a men's washroom and was thinking "but, why would she do it there??" Actually, I still find it amusing that you did it in a store washroom rather than waiting to get home!

Nola - You poor thing, it sounds like a rough week! Hope the shin splint heals quickly and everyone is feeling better soon. My weekend shenanigans were on fb but, the short version is - on Saturday I stepped into a ravine for a pit stop and fell into a chest deep animal hole. Then, on Sunday, I ran by a house at which a woman was completely topless, doing yoga, on her front lawn.

Spike - I love hearing the "whee!" S does it when she runs around the splash park. Aw, it was sweet of your DH to send flowers.

5k - 20:46          10k - 41:27         10 mile - 1:15:32          Half marathon - 1:39:15      

superspike113

Honorary Old

I don't know if you remember me posting a question for Bryn about one of my BFF's husband who was having migraines? Anyways, he is in serious condition where he could go blind. He has too much fluid around his brain/spinal cord and its putting pressure on his brain/optical nerve and they finally got someone to take them seriously. He complained to my friend about blurred vision so she took him to an opthamologist and he said they had to go to the ER right away to relieve the pressure via lumbar puncture and diuretic and told him to see a neurologist immediately. They saw the neurologist today and he put him in for some emergency vascular imaging and a referral to a neurologist in Seattle. I'm just really scared for them, they have a 2 mo old daughter, live in the boonies and he is a pilot and could lose his livelihood.

BermyHorse

my DS is nap striking... oh why oh why today DS... when I selfishly want to write personals. I am going to try for a few whilst he is climbing on top of his truck.

zorbs - I was thinking of your pacing which is like clockwork and wondered if there was any correlation with playing the piano.

nola - you guys are having a wicked hard time. hope it passes and easy times are ahead. big hugs.

spike - sorry to hear about your friend - sounds awful. hope they are in good hands and can get to the cause of the problem. did your dizziness go? I am eating 100% gf for this meal plan - coach recommended it. She said it will drop lbs for racing. I told her I still wanted to lactate thank you very much. I think that's a healthy place to be for me and DS right now. Anyway, I made a very lovely chili and it just had a ton of beans in. I thought "if spike were to visit, I would make her this pre-race". Nice on flowers!

CA - lovely miles for your hm coming up. Hope O's rash heals up nicely with some butt-in the air.

dexy - if you need any more stalker tips, then just let me know. I am such a go-getter that I chase whatever I am after until I get it. I snaffled up my DH the same stalking way I think. I have made a few mistakes stalking though.

DS is now on top of the couch flicking the light switch. I still have time. for a few more..

rg - I hope all the extras will help. And I could totally run the whole of her plan. She thinks I should try much shorter distances like the 800/1500m so I think we are going to do a lot more very short bursty track work and less medium-hard stuff. Don't know. I am trusting her completely with my whole running life. Glad you approve. I am just holding on for dear life and running my butt off. When I read the stuff I though "RG would totally be a coach like this with her new business". I had cycles of 24, 25 andthen 38. I don't know nor do I really mind.

cx2 - I knew I wasn't pg, DH was being hopeful, plus it was funny as I POAS and then put it back in the packet and handed it to him in the store to take a look as we were browsing treadmills. How is the weather for you?

ernie - with only half the required reproduction equipment I am thankful just to have an AF let alone anything else. I am grateful for a bfn as I don't have a spare 5 mins and DS consumes my full attention. I think DH would love another child but his life wouldn't change, at all. It would still be me getting up to bf in the night, and me doing all the daily care.

eh - your fm prediction time sounds like a wicked great goal for you! Up for it?

who did I miss?

BermyHorse

becky - how could I miss you. Drama yesterday with your BIL. Did FIL find him? ANd I totally can understand how that is so professionally awkward for you DH given his line of work. Did you get a pay rise my dear????? I am too excited for you as I know you were talking about that a while back.

arm - how is life settling down for you? Feeling calm and in control after the weeks of chaos? Can't believe you just pulled off such a quick move, with 4 kids and you're still fm training. GREAT job lady!! No idea on bob. Maybe take it to REI and they have parts/can tape it up?

BermyHorse

rg - best of luck with your meeting for the rental space/ clients. I am beyond excited for you! Do keep us informed of your progress! So cute on running the pretty long way (for a 2yo) home!!