Womens Running

Bundle UP WEEKENDS (DAILIES) (Read 23 times)

LC Runs

Tessa - awesome run!!

Kat and Margaret - great job on your races!  Awww, your bird is too cute!

Damaris -  I am tracking you, keep up the good work!!

I will run something later today.  I woke up to 8 degrees which is a huge improvement.  I think it's supposed to be around 20 today!

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

Rest day for me!

It's 1 degree outside.  Weatherman was saying last night how he doesnt even remember the last time we had snow stick around for this long. Crazy.

Didn't do too much yesterday..we had some errands to run. OH and HCBF's BIL got the treadmill upstairs. HCBF felt like a wimp because his BIL is a firefighter..lifted that treadmill up like it was no problem. Haha. Smile It isn't put together yet, HCBF is going to do that today. Yay!

I have a big mileage week this week and luckily we are supposed to warm up beginning tomorrow. I am excited because the snow will finally melt and I can get Ruger to daycare. He has lots of pent up energy. Tomorrow I have a longish run...and I am not sure I can tough that out on the treadmill. I may have to do trax again. It is not supposed to get above 20 today and tonight is going to be 18. Snow won't go anywhere until tomorrow afternoon when we get to the 50's. I could add some speed intervals in there to make it more interesting on the treadmill..ugh..I haven't decided yet.

Not too much going on today! Lazy day. I have to put a birthday list together for my family. Not ready for work tomorrow..but hey, I have a three day weekend next weekend? Anyone else?

Laura - Nice run yesterday and I hope you can get out there today and enjoy the WARMTH. LOL. Smile Ugh, I am sorry your work has been so crazy. YAY for mojo! Oh, and thanks for the sweet comment. I figure if I make myself get out there and be uncomfortable..that will payoff when I am uncomfortable in the race.

Tessa - Wow, NICE run yesterday! Holy crap that is far!!! You had the best weather for it. I don’t watch the news but I have heard about this book…not really sure the back story. LOL’ing at your comment about Trump.

Cathy - WOW, nice run Friday! I can’t even imagine -11…you know I bet running in -11 is pretty bad by itself..but the winds would just be awful. You know this already though haha. Nice job! He does not have crutches. I actually have 4 pairs..LOL..so I told him if he needed them we could go in the attic and grab them! I think it depends what shoe he is wearing.

Susan - WOOHOO on the spin class! Do you ever find that your legs are super fatigued running after a spin class? That was one of the main reasons I cut back on it.

Docket - I hope you are rocking it out there. Hoping the cold isn’t too bad!

Sandy - I am LOL’ing about the 3miles comment. I say that to myself too..that is why I always end up running more if I had a low mileage day. Smile FUNNY you should say that about the duster. HCBF’s mom got us one of those for Christmas…and we put our together yesterday. It has Peacocks all over it (get it…?). Like we don’t have enough peacock stuff in this house. Liz seriously needs to do some redecorating.  WOOHOOO on the running shoes! What kind?!  I think HCBF and I are going to start watching Wanted today! We aren’t really watching anything right now - just the regular shoes. Chicago Med, Chicago Fire..etc. I watch my usual trash Real Housewives..Vanderpump rules. LOL. On the moving..YES I would still move. I would just have to get used to the temps Smile I really hope you have a GREAT run today!!! WOOHOO!! Smile

Margaret - I read your post last night and was just smiling ear to ear. I am so so so happy it went so well! You are officially..BACK! Smile Congratulations on an awesome race and placing 3 in AG!! That is quite the comeback Smile LOL at your picture! I hope you check the dishwasher before you run it Smile

Kathryn - Congrats on the race! Sounds really challenging. Did they confirm the long course? I guess better to be long than short (thats what she said). Nice job! Smile

Happy Sunday!

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

Arimathea

Tessa

Kat, Liz has a good point. If the course is wrong, it's better for it to be too long than too short. And with trail races there are so many variables regarding length and degree of difficulty that it's difficult to compare times with a lot of precision.

Question for the experienced or knowledgeable: are trails graded on degree of difficulty like whitewater rapids are for rafting?

Just about to shower and head out for run, WW, and church. Yes, shower first. I drive to the other side of town to park at WW, run from there, then go to meeting, and I don't have time to go home and change between WW and choir call so I either pull on choir robes over running gear or change in the bathroom at church. Frequently I just pull on yoga pants over my running shorts. I don't smell (at least I don't think so) in the few hours between run and home to shower after church. On hot days I'll sink bath but in this weather it's not necessary.

ginnyb

Don't hate me because it's 57 out and I am headed out in shorts and SS shirt...RN and I plan a long run this morning.

Liz, that's COLD. Hope you do get the TM set up. And tell HCBF to stay off that foot!

Laura, likewise, that's cold! Stay in and stay warm.

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

7.1 miles of slog this morning.  My legs were tired from yesterday's spin class.  But---I needed the spin class bc it is too cold to ride outside and I didn't want to set up the trainer.

I did manage to keep my phone alive this morning on the run, but somehow I stopped it during the run and it started over....ugh. But when I uploaded it to Strava it showed 7.1 and 2.8 for this morning.  I have no idea...

Dani--silly bird! My friend has a bird (idk what it is) but Mango likes to sit on her shoulder when she walks around the block.

Have a great Sunday! After church I'm going to a baby shower. Young lady at church -- baby was 2 months early and weighs almost 3 lbs.

Damaris--have a great race at Disney!!

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

Did you ladies see twin cities registration was open? I thought it didn’t open until February!

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

Lizzie, good on the run yesterday.  Yeah, long course is better than short.  I am used to trails being long.  Enjoy your rest day.  1 is insane.  Glad you got the TM upstairs, good luck setting it up.

Laura, did I read that right, NEGATIVE 14??  I thought Lizzie's 1 was crazy.  Hope you had a nice weekend.

Tessa, I think we were near 57 too yesterday.  Was supposed to get to 62, but it never did.  Tessa, Trump open a book, Too funny!!

OK, this crazy FREEZING COLD weather is a recurring theme here.  How can you all (or y'all) stand it??????  One after the other on these posts.

Cathy, glad you were warmer on your run.

Sue, nice to be out in the yard.  I think all my newer plants died with the prolonged cold here.

Damaris, way to finish the race.  Sorry you had such a tough go of it.  Your post-race beverage looked delish.

Sandy, was the beer yummy last night?  10 enjoyable this morning?  Saw the kitty post on FB, adorable.

Margaret, congrats on your race!  Pics looked nice.  But where were the rocks???  OMG, your bird is too darned cute!!!

No much else really.  Stayed up last night for a bit with a glass of wine, then hit the hay for a restless nights sleep.  Now I am at work, utterly exhausted and bleary eyed.

Excited for my coworker, yesterday was his FIRST 100K and he oh so wanted to finish under 17 hours to get a lottery ticket for Western States - and he did it!  Talked to lots of runners at the aid station, damn they looked beat.  We were 53.5 miles into the race.

Ugh, need more coffee...  Think I might go to Sbux and get one.  My eyes are closing...

K

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024

Half Crazy K 2.0

I got in 8 this morning. It was 4 degrees when I left the house. I was actually pretty warm--wound up taking off the second pair of gloves after 2 miles and was never miserable. There was hardly any wind, which made a huge difference. The last 3 days we've had gale warnings, so the calmness & sun made a huge difference. I wore the Athleta tights I just got, they are warm, I probably should have gone to the store to try them on first, they run a bit big, not falling off big, but looser that I would like.

40 of the 80km are done for the Lululemon challenge. I will be sorely disappointed if there is not exceptional free stuff.

KatS & Gatsby Bird, nice racing.

Seloc

10 mi in 15* this morning, windchill single digits.  Felt SO GOOD to be outside!  Only rough part was mile 8 running directly into the wind which had picked up a bit.  Brrrrrr.  Otherwise it was comfortable!  And the good (?? haha) about these colder temps is that it's been too cold to snow so the paths remain mostly clear.

Made this and had some for lunch https://www.skinnytaste.com/chickpea-sweet-potato-stew/ OMG, so good!  Made it on the stovetop.  I could eat the entire batch haha.  But, I already froze some for future lunches.

HCK - nice run this morning!  You are right, the wind makes a HUGE difference!  Glad your tights finally arrived and kept you warm.  Hey, slightly looser for layering, right?

Kat - awesome job on the race yesterday!  OMG, I feel bad for you having to work today.  You should have a down day to rest and recover.  Hope the day goes fast so you can go home and get some couch time in.  BTW - did you ever find a pup sitter?  Oh, the beer was deeeelish.  Surly Abrasive.  A double IPA at about 9% - one is plenty!  LOL

Sue - nice run this morning!  Awww that's a teeny tiny bebe.  Hope everyone is healthy and well!

Lizzie - good timing on the rest day since it's so FRIGID out there!  Glad you were able to get the treadmill upstairs.  Hope the assembly goes well!  I do not envy that.  In my mind, it goes one of two ways - super easy peasy or confusing, hard and frustrating LOL  Hope it's the first!  I went with the Brooks Adrenalines.  I purposely went to the store so I could try some on since what I had been running in is no longer.  I ran in Adrenalines years ago until they got stiff and heavy.  They have made a HUGE improvement and I LOVE them!  Supportive yet light weight and cushy with a wide toe box.  Nope, I work next Monday.  Though, I'm excited to get free on street parking that day right outside the office door haha.  It's the little things.

Laura - hope you got outside for some miles today!  It's actually 27* right now - woohoo!  Gonna up my mileage for SURE this week just to take advantage of the warm weather!!

Damaris - HUGE CONGRATS on yet another 26.2.  How in the WORLD you puked and ran all that is beyond me.  Little known fact - I abhor puke.  And because I abhor puke, I have not puked since the 8th grade.  For real.  I also cannot be around puke.  I quite literally run the other way.  My greatest fear is to be sitting next to someone on an airplane while they are puking.  Luckily that has not happened but it still terrifies me to death.  So, again, HUGE CONGRATS you Maniac you!!

Gatsby - omg I was cracking up SO BAD when I saw that picture last night.  And it's making me laugh again today!  I have never in my life seen a bird in a dishwasher before.  LOLOLOL  That is so dang funny to me.  Yes!  I will bring my telescoping duster to your house just to meet the birds!  Oh, and you, too LOL.  So, do they have free reign of the house always or just when you are around - kind of like a dog that gets kenneled?  AWESOME JOB on your race!  And 3rd in AG - WOOHOO!  You are kinda awesome, lady.  A role model for the couch to 50K training plan for SURE!!

Tessa - wow what a run yesterday!  Dang. Super awesome.  How are you feeling today?  Have you managed to stay "dry" all weekend?  Yeah $8 for one day pass at the gym (Community Center). I do not have a membership as it isn't worth it for me in the long run and just pay the daily rate when I'm desperate.  I normally try to run and take a class to get the most value for a day but was in a bit of a time crunch yesterday.

It's still warming up here!!  I see lots of running this week to take advantage of the heat wave.  Back below zero next weekend.  Time for some Netflixing as this AFC game is pretty boring.  Enjoy the rest of the weekend, peeps!

Kilmisters

Ugh, this weekend has been busy in lots of different ways. Ran 8mi today, we fffiiinaaallly got snow! Felt like 20 degrees out there. Hoping this snow is here to stay. Just absolutely had to get out for a run after 3 days of rest (mostly laziness) - we have 2 games in 3 days next week... Planning a long-ish (probably 10mi) run tomorrow to ''pile on'' more km and then take it easier till Thursday's game. Usually works. But optimally combining running and floorball is always lots of trial and error.

Hoping to survive tomorrow's 3pm meeting. Zero confidence heading there.

Lizzie, yay, you got a treadmill! Well, as it always happens in life, it will get warm outside the very day it gets set up Big grin Poor HCBF... He shouldn't move around while the purple shade is still there. Internal bleeding that has to soak up. (But look who's talking.)

Waving to everyone else; Flyers game is on and K is asking for some attention Smile

''What will happen if I run up the hills? Ah, volcano muscle soreness!!'' (c) Margaret

''Who needs quads anyway!?'' (c) Damaris

RTurtles

Running with the Turtles

6.3 outside for me this morning, it was 18, windy with a "feels like" 6, so actually above zero!  But it felt pretty much the same.    I dressed the same and had minimal sweat, so I count that as a win.  I was going to do 5 but my legs didn't want to go fast, so I figured I would go longer instead.    Did the ab challenge and may take a nap later!    The foot held up OK, it doesn't hurt while I'm running but is sore afterwards.  Only mildly sore though, so I guess that is improvement?

Elina, yay, snow!    2 games in 3 days, that sounds pretty tough.  Say hi to mini-K!  I bet she is not so mini anymore.  

Sandy, awesome miles for you this morning!  Yes, the good thing about the temps is that I have had no issues with slippery spots while running.  I wonder if I can sneak chickpea stew past the kids?     Awesome 3 on the TM too.    Cute kitty!

Kupcakes, nice job hitting the first milestone for the Strava challenge!  Athleta seems to change their sizing every so often.

Kat, wow, awesome job by your coworker!  Congrats to you too, sounds like a really tough course!

Sue, nice run after your spin class!

Tessa, I noticed a site with trail races that "graded" the races.  Of course I can't remember the site now.    The North Face Endurance challenge rates their races based on how technical they are.  Nice long run!

Lizzie, well, you asked for colder weather.    It will be nice to have that TM!  No 3 day weekend for me.  That would be nice!  You have a lot of crutches.     Laughing at the peacock decor.  DH's cousin's last name is Fox and guess what everyone buys for them?  

Laura, enjoy the run!

Damaris, wow, sounds like you had a really tough race!  Congrats on another marathon!

Margaret, congrats on the AG place!  That is a lot of elevation!  Glad the couch to 50K training is going well.    So you need to babyproof your house?  

Cathy

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Kat, Liz has a good point. If the course is wrong, it's better for it to be too long than too short. And with trail races there are so many variables regarding length and degree of difficulty that it's difficult to compare times with a lot of precision.

Question for the experienced or knowledgeable: are trails graded on degree of difficulty like whitewater rapids are for rafting?

Just about to shower and head out for run, WW, and church. Yes, shower first. I drive to the other side of town to park at WW, run from there, then go to meeting, and I don't have time to go home and change between WW and choir call so I either pull on choir robes over running gear or change in the bathroom at church. Frequently I just pull on yoga pants over my running shorts. I don't smell (at least I don't think so) in the few hours between run and home to shower after church. On hot days I'll sink bath but in this weather it's not necessary.

Yes, the magazine Ultra Runner gives them a scale of 1 to 5 jn both difficulty and terrain.

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Thanks, ladies.

Not sure what it was. Either something I ate or the Orlando water (which has made us ill before). The last straw was the Nuun I drank thinking it was the water (they were the same color). After that at Mile 10, my stomach quit. Then at 14, 17, and 21. I wanted to DNF but Richard texted me back to not quit or he wouldn’t let me into the hotel room (and would throw away my vodka) so i felt compelled to finish, LOL. In reality, the strets are closed and walking to the hotel was as far as the finish so I continued. Richard had medrinking extra water at the water stations to flush the rest out and that wirked. By Mile 21 I stopped puking but I was so tired it was slow going.

Damaris

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

Treadmill is set up! Took HCBF all day, but it is done! I tested it for a half mile and it felt awesome! What a convenience Smile My only issue will be that pesky RUGER. He kept trying to hop on.. Smile He wanted to join his mommy!

I will probably brave the ice and run outside tomorrow. Ugh. I can't see myself on the treadmill for 10 miles. The streets are still covered but some has melted. It will be a mix between pavement/ice/snow. I am going to have to be very very careful!

HCBF is heading back to the beach tomorrow. Sigh. It was nice having him home for all of Christmas break and then these past 4 snow days Smile Going to miss him!

Tessa - I am jealous that you don’t smell. LOL.

Susan - Nice run and hope you had a good time at the shower! Doctors can do amazing things with premies these days.

Kathryn - How exciting for your co-worker!! Way to hit a goal on the first “try”. Smile Hope you get some good night sleep tonight. I always sleep awful the night after a race.

Run4kupcakes - Nice run today!! The winds have really died down. I am ready for the snow to go!

Sandy - WOOHOOO!!! Nice run today girl! OMG that stew!!! I pinned it. That looks really good. Would be REALLY good with some corn bread Smile You have a crockpot, right? If not I’m sending you one because its the best invention ever. I had a craving for pulled BBQ..I was too lazy to go to the store to get the stuff though. Smile Brooks Adrenaline's..hmm..I might have to give them another go. Like you, I tried them a long time ago and they were too heavy. HMMM….I use Brooks Launch for my gym/treadmill shoe. They bother me outside for some reason. BUMMER about working next Monday. I guess its the bene of working for a bank. Can I say that I am the same way with puke as you? LOL. This is why I can’t be around children..because you know they just puke when they have too. HA. No really, I can’t. If I am ever that sick..I seriously will swallow it or I will call my mom while its happening and cry on the phone. I hate it I hate it I hate it. I can’t believe you haven’t puked since the 8th grade..HOW?! I NEED THE SECRET. Haha. Oh, I am going to start Wanted this week when HCBF is gone. I don’t want to get him hooked and then he makes me wait until he is home to watch. Wink Hope you had a nice relaxing day!

Kilmisters - I was wondering where you have been! Nice run today and good luck on the 10 tomorrow. That is what is on my schedule, too Smile HCBF is stubborn.

Cathy - Woohooo nice outside run today! I am so glad to hear that the foot is improving - and hurting less is an improvement Smile Do you still do PF exercises everyday? So, do you want some peacock decor?! Haha. I have a lot of artwork I had in my apartment in a closet upstairs - I think one week when he is at the beach I am going to swap out some artwork Smile Glad to have a treadmill but I don’t see myself going Damaris on them. LOL. That is a different kind of mental endurance that I do not have Smile Has your younger DD been running with you lately? How does she keep up with her training for the 5Ks?

Docket - Congratulations on the 26.2! I am so sorry it was so tough. But you are one tough chick..seriously. Who finishes a marathon that is going through that?! NOT I. Way to go!!! Hope you get some rest tonight and feel better!!!

Okay. Off to make dinner...we are being really adventurous and are having eggs. I should go to Sandy's for dinner Smile Have a great night!

Arimathea

Tessa

Quick check in before heading to my mum's for dinner. Bringing some food because she is not thrilled about cooking vegan which I can understand.

I made some "vegan Parmesan" by processing raw cashews, nutritional yeast, garlic powder and salt in the food processor. I'd forgotten how good that is. Think that is going onto tostadas some night this week with corn tortillas, fat free refried beans, and lots of diced tomato and red onion.

Damaris, sorry about the pukies. Hope you feel better now. Your DH...how dare he threaten your vodka?

Susan, nice outdoor run!

Liz, glad you and HCBF's BIL got the TM set up. I agree, I am not Damaris and would prefer not to do long runs on the TM.

Margaret, laughing at the bird in the dishwasher.

Kat, yay for the coworker! WS is very difficult to get into, I've heard, but having a ticket is a good start.

Waving to Cathy, Kupcakes, Elina, Ginny, and others...

5 miles this morning before WW. Weather is still good but the anthem today was "Wade in the Water" and apparently we will be doing that tomorrow night. Storm is FINALLY approaching!