Womens Running

I Give, its WINDY Thursday (Read 11 times)

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

Post, before you blow away!!!

K

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024

Good morning!  Wind finally died down here. Up early, heading into the office. The real one in the city, not the one in the spare bedroom downstairs.  First time in months!  Meeting up with some work friends for coffee/lunch/chitchat.  Looking forward to it.  Rest day from running. Did 6 miles with uphill strides yesterday. 

Hi Kat!

BBL!

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

Hi Margaret, at least you have a nice reason to head into the office!  Enjoy meeting up with your friends.  Enjoy your RD too.

Rest day here too.  Spent the morning so far doing tax/legal stuff regarding work.  Stresses me out, and I really don't have the extra cash right now, but MUST do it anyways.  MUST, and NOW.

Windy as all get out here, find it funny you guys had it yesterday.  At least a RD here so I don't have to deal with it.  Who knows what tomorrow brings.

Work is annoying.  I am expected to take any sick case in the last 30 minutes, which means staying late like Monday.  The other relief doesn't have to because she has kids to pick up.  Nice that my personal time isn't respected because I don't have kids.  Getting a contract with increased after hour fees.  Owner is going to force me to stay late, she can pay.  At least that is my feeling.  We shall see.

OK, rant over.

K

Anonymous Guest

Yep, taking a rest day here because it's just windy out there. Not quite as bad as yesterday afternoon, but it didn't die down overnight so no break to run this morning. It's supposed to be less after today.

Margaret, enjoy the meetup with your work friends. My nephew that works in SF cracks me up - he doesn't understand why people don't go into the office every day, because they have free food (google). That may change some once he moves from Alameda to Orinda this month - the ferry seems like a much better commute than BART and/or the Caldecott tunnel.

Kathryn. annoying that you have to stay late because she has kids. I need to pull our tax stuff together. I swear I'm worse about it now that someone else does our taxes than I ever was when I did them myself.

Since I'm not running today, I should probably do something besides sit around and look at the internet. Just have to decide what that might be...

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

The winds calmed around here. 5 miles.

Kat... that's unacceptable. If you stay late you definitely should get compensated. Otherwise these corporations will always always take advantage.

Lori

*it's Bertha or me. My money is on me.*

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Afternoon! I ran 4 outside since the winds went down for like 4 hours. Back to the 40mph gusts by tonight.

Taking the two new girls to the vet today. Put an appointment with the regular vet for Hershey for Tuesday. ER vet wants me to lower Hershey's prednisone by Saturday to half but in reality he is doing so much better I don't want to reduce it. Especially since last time we did that to Rubio he lost a ton of weight and he never got up to where he was. Hershey has weeks, months if not a year or two to live; why make his short time miserable.

Damaris

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

Karen, did you decide how to be productive today??  It would have taken me all day to decide, then it would have been too late to do anything...

Lori, I got paid, but not OT.  If she is going to insist of us staying after my contracted time, she can pay me extra.  My feeling on that at least.

Damaris, glad you got out for a few miles.  Hope the kitties get a clean bill of health.

Had a rough day.  Getting the appointment for the tax stuff just did me in.  Work was fine.  Napped at lunch which helped.  Home now.  Opted not to go out to the pub tonight, just wasn't into going out.  Cold and windy.  Couch, wine, blankets, beasts, and a movie sounded better.  I do that so rarely...  

K

Half Crazy K 2.0

20 minutes on the treadmill & a core workout.

KatS, so annoying that you have to cover. Definitely seems fair to ask for compensation for that if you are the one expected to take cases at the end of the day.

GatsbyBird, hope you enjoyed lunch.

AnonymousGuest, I guess I should check to see if I have all my tax forms. We're going to request an extension for our taxes because in order for the CPA to do our taxes, MIL's taxes need to be filed to close out everything.

BerthaSlayer, nice 5.

Docket, hopefully your vet agrees with you about Hershey's meds.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

The one that was there today did, so I assume the one on Tuesday will (she had me keeping Rubio's dose as is). There is no need to reduce decrepit cat's medication if it's keeping them comfortable, IMO. But the ER vet goes by the script of reducing after X time.

Damaris