Womens Running

THIS IS MY LAST THURSDAY DIVAS (Read 22 times)

MA runner girl

EEEEEK! Post!

PRs: 5k - 21:22, half marathon - 1:39:43, marathon - 3:37:16

MA runner girl

Morning!

RR: 3.5 miles with SIL last night. And I woke up with pain on the side of my right foot. UGH. I think it's from too much flip flop wearing. So annoyed. Going to the chiro and then icing and probably resting AGAIN tonight.

NRR: Last Thursday in the office. These 2 weeks are actually going fast, yay! Looking forward to the weekend. Tonight I need to start making the cookies, got the cutter last night. Tomorrow I'm going to hang out with my college BFF at her pool. She's an hour and a half away! It will be good morning and afternoon naps for C Wink Saturday I'll finish up the cookies, my high school BFF is coming up from PA to meet C, and then we are going to a Jack and Jill for some of our good friends. Sunday I'm going to lunch with another high school friend, and then the usual grocery shopping and other chores. Phew. That's lots of time with my BFFs! LOL

Have a good day ladies!

PRs: 5k - 21:22, half marathon - 1:39:43, marathon - 3:37:16

taylorma1

Ma-that sounds like a really fun weekend for you. Happy last Thursday at work

RR: didn't get up this morning with my 5am alarm, so I might run later or might not. Haven't decided yet

NRR:an easier day today, only have class til 3, then I have to take my bike into the shop, and then studying for the night, or a run before that if I can fit it in

SassySparky

Morning DIVAs!!!

RR: I just did 6 miles with one mile time trial at the track. I'm so surprised - I did it in 7:02! Shocked Going into it I thought I was going to struggle to do an 8:00 mile. Anyway, plugging that in to some calculators (McMillan and the Jeff Galloway one) indicated I could finish my marathon in 3:58. HA! I don't think that's gonna happen considering it's my first full, but at least I can update my training paces. I'll probably do another mile time trial at the end of September. I'm slightly readjusting my A goal for a 4:05 - 4:10 finish.

NRR: Work today! I've got some lab stuff to do, and then some more work with the undergrad, and ordering some things for my new experiments! I'm so excited to do something new! This new set of experiments i'm starting is really going to let me use some of my background from grad school and the stuff that I'm really interested in, so I'm stoked! Other than that, just chilling with my boys!

MA - aww all that BFF time! So lucky! I haven't seen my college BFFs since April (we all live so far apart!) and I'm really missing them lately. I hope your foot is ok. I have to alternate flip flops with wearing real shoes, otherwise my arches hurt like heck.

Taylor - I hope you can fit a run in today!

I'll be running my first full, the Richmond Marathon on November 16, 2013!

POrun

Whoot for Thursday (my virtual Friday week!)

RR: Ran a very hot and muggy 3 this morning. Tomorrow will be 4 and Saturday 6.

NRR: Work then a work party for a program I worked in March. I'm not sure how long I'll stay since I am not sure how I was even invited since it was a 5 year program and I only worked on it for 6 weeks! Other than that, not too many plans this weekend. We go to Chicago next weekend, so probably doing all the errand stuff we need to do before then.

MA: Sorry about the foot. My friend who had a baby about a month after you and is a very good runner has been having injury issues too. She's been going to a physical therapist who has told her to take it easy and let her body recover. Giving birth puts a lot of extra stress on your body, and it takes a while to recover. Enjoy your last Thursday at the office!

taylor: I hope you can get your run in today! Enjoy your easier day!

Sassy: Way to go on your speedy mile! Actually though, a better time trial for distance and pace determination is 2 miles. So, you may want to use that distance next time instead. (All of the coaches I've had use a 2 mile time trial for pace running unless it's triathletes where a lot don't do much running...) Also, if you can run a 10K before the race, that will give you a better indication of your shape for the marathon. You have been having a good training season, so I'm sure you'll have a great race!!!

Have a great day ladies!

lizo_77

hi ladies!

I've got my mojo back! AF is done! Smile

NRR: work day. a couple of meetings. bummer that. but hoping for a productive day.  Then M and I go buy a treadmill today! settled on the sole. We're both regular runners, but not excessive in mileage. The sole has excellent ratings on a few sites, and a wonderful warranty. It's also serviced on site so.... we're going for it! Smile

RR: did 3 miles this morning alone. Humid but nice morning. It was pretty dark at 5.15. oh well. I guess it's that time of year. Last night, M and I tried for 2. I fell apart at 1.3 or so. My tummy was in horrible shape. I think it's because I ate lunch at 3pm and it was spaghetti and sauce. I tend to get heartburn, so a run too soon after eating that kind of food, just didn't agree with my system. I'm learning that as I get older, I have to run on an empty stomach, or after eating super easy on the stomach foods. dang it.

MA: yay for this being your last thursday in the office! enjoy the pool and BFF time!

taylor: good luck with the class then study then run! hope you can get it all in!

sassy: loving the time goal for your first marathon!! you might just make less than 4 hours!

ok. later!

melrunner

MA, enjoy your last Thursday and your day tomorrow eith your BFF! My HS besties live all in same city so we see each other once a month and have a group chat on our iPhones where we chat daily!!

Sassy have fun with your experiments. Great job on your TT!

Lizo, happy treadmill shopping!

Taylor, is DBF still with you or back home?

PO, so jealous of Chicago next weekend!!! Great job with your workouts!

TriR, 8 mile run today. Already  Did 4 with DH will do other 4 tonight as I had a really bad headache and turned around and came home.

NtriR, going out for Spanish food tonight to celebrate DHs aunts birthday. Yay.

NtriR, so I went yesterday for my yearly, (posted about this on FB) and my doc convinced me to do the BRAC genetic testing to find out if I have the gene linked with breast cancer.  I havee an extensive history with two of my moms aunts dx before 50. (One actually at 38 and passed away at 39), two maternal great aunts, and my paternal grandmother. I am now worried about the result am but I really am not going to worry unless there is a reason to worry. Right now, I just hope and pray my insurance decides to cover for the test since insurance companies can always be a PITA. I should know the results within the next fourr weeks so ill keep you all posted. By the way, ive been getting mammograms and/or breast ulttasounds since 26 So I have been very proactive and cautious.

Anyway, have a great day!!!!

SassySparky

PO thanks for the tip! Ill do that next time! I should be able to do a 10k in late September but the only one I can find is really hilly so I might just race my own, you know?

Lizo - yay for mojo! wahoo for picking out and ordering a treadmill! I can't run in the evenings because I always get heartburn when I run after eating dinner ... but I can eat a big bowl of cereal in the morning (with coffee) with no problems!

Meli - enjoy spanish food tonight!

I'll be running my first full, the Richmond Marathon on November 16, 2013!

taylorma1

Meli-he is back in Chicago now. I won't see him again until Labor Day weekend

LucyBelle

Hey everyone! I'm alive, I'm alive! Smile I've just been a total running/posting slacker...

RR: Need to get my rear in gear in this department. About to go meet my sister for a jog around her new neighborhood. Unsure of the distance. She's trying to get back in shape and will be running with a stroller.

NRR: Let's see...what's new here...ummm CRF has started grad school, he's been doing TA training and orientations all week, it's been interesting adjusting to his new schedule. I've had a nasty cold since Saturday, but have been feeling better day by day, so that's good. We're getting married in 23 days (!!!!!) so I'm definitely just trying to scramble and get everything done!

LucyBelle

MArunner: Hurray for your last Thursday! Sorry about the foot pain. Definitely take it easy! Sounds like a busy but fun weekend planned with friends!

Taylor: Is DBF moving to be with you in the fall?

Sassy: Holy heck lady, that is one fast mile! Even with just a one mile TT, based on all your other training runs I think you could safely aim for 4:05 to 4:10. What a confidence boost!

POrun: Have fun at the work party! That's kind of funny that you only worked on it for 6 weeks out of 5 years...maybe they just thought you were super fun and had to invite you!

Lizo: Glad you got your mojo back. Oh man I'd be in heartburn city if I ran after eating tomato sauce. Yay on the new TM!

Meli: It is definitely good to be proactive so the gene testing is a positive thing. Definitely keep us posted!

outwestrunner

Good morning, ladies!

RR: Got in 8 miles along the river today. My pace was all over the place (especially when I thought I saw a cute guy get onto the trail behind me so I sped up to impress him but then I wasn't sure if he was still there or not), and I ran through a swarm of gnats and got hit in the face by two bigger bugs. Such is running in the summer, right?  And my hair is all drippy still.  Ditching ST tonight to go out for habanero pizza with work people, then meeting some other people for drinks. I

NRR: Working from home all day today, I think. I got a break at work yesterday..got two projects out of my hands temporarily, got an extension on another, and got more guidance on yet another. I know I said I wouldn't, but I think I'm going to work this weekend to get this report out by early next week. I don't want to jinx myself, but I might be able to have a long Labor Day weekend!

MA - That is a lot of BFF time! Sometimes I wish I lived closer to my college roommates.

Taylor - Hopefully school feels more manageable now that you're a week further into it?

Sassy - Nice job on the mile! I like PO's advice - maybe I'll do a 2 mile TT next week? I kind of decided this morning I would secretly train for that trail race I ran earlier this year.

Lizo - When I read your post about it being dark at 5:15, I thought you meant in the evening and I was SO confused!  Yeah I didn't get out the door with Fay until a little before 6 and it was dark. I like it.

Meli - What sort of headache - from the heat?  I realized yesterday my ponytail holder was too tight, and that was giving me a headache.

outwestrunner

Lucy - Hey stranger!  23 days?!? Wow, it's coming up so fast!

melrunner

OWR DH and I went out for sushi last night and I had saki so I think my headache was a combo of the sake, the heat, ad being dehydrated. I brought my stuff to remaining 4 after work.

Dinner plans fell through since MIL and her sis both had dentistry work so they are in discomfort.

Lucy almost timeeee!!!! Have you done your last dress fitting???? So excited for you!!!!

NorCal

Morning ladies!

RR. Heading out for 5 miles with 3 miles at Race Pace (8:00). Gulp. I've had this pain in my butt (literally!) since the track workout. I think it's my piriformis, so I'm going to schedule a massage asap! Hope it doesn't bug me too much on my run today.

NRR. Working at home this morning and then picking up S from her 2nd day of 2nd Grade!!! Can't wait! We're going to get a treat from WF and then go to the park. After that, I'm meeting two friends from my running group for dinner and event planning. Our club is hosting the author of the No Meat Athlete blog and book for his book signing in SF this Oct so we're making plans for that. Exciting! Smile

Humboldt Redwoods Half Marathon 10.20.2013 

Tiburon by the Bay Half Marathon 11.3.2013 (My Birthday!) 

Napa Valley Full Marathon 3.2.2013

PRs: 

Half: 1:48

Full: 4:34