Womens Running

Work hard play hard Wednesday - Supermoms (Read 21 times)

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

ER - ST at the gym.  I feel like a new person after physio.

TR - DH refused to hold him up to the toilet, so he peed in his diaper after his pee announcement.  We were out, and right when he got home, he peed again, diaper overflowed even though the bathroom was RIGHT THERE.

FR - panko fish sticks (this was a hit last week), roasted potatoes, going to introduce DH to the joys of massaged kale caesar salad.

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

http://runningskirtsandmanicures.blogspot.ca/ 

runnergirl9508

zorbs- glad that physio set you right yesterday! do you foam roll/stretch much on your own? I don't as often as I should. aw, poor B on the overflowing diaper! glad the fish was a hit last week. hehe, tell G to o easy on the kale at first Wink

RR: running to the gym, training clients, running home from the gym. somewhere in the 6-8 mile range again. my 6-7am client is in Greece for 2 weeks celebrating her 50th bday, so it's been kind of nice to have that early morning running time.

TR: had a blast picking out his pumpkin yesterday, ran all over the little farm stand looking at the flowers and produce. I mixed up some homemade finger paints (flour + water + food coloring) and let him paint all over his pumpkin. he loved it!

NRR: just plugging along through the week, and so ready for this weekend with nothing going on! thanks to all of you with your kind words re: my job situation yesterday. someone (spike maybe?) asked, yes, it was uber bitch manager

5K: 19:15       Half: 1:29:35       Marathon: 3:13:08

running eh

RR - going back to the gym for the first time since the end of last school year.  It was just too expensive to bring all the kids to the babysitting.

NRR/KR - DD1 and I went to get haircuts last night.  It was fun to do something together, I wish we could have had more time to go for a treat after too.

FR - got up early and made DH breakfast - it was nice to eat w/o the kids around.

Zorbs - so glad physio helped!  Do G and B like the regular Caesar salad?  DS hates lettuce, but he will eat it in Caesar salad form.  UGGH on the potty situation.

RG - I didn't even know you could make finger paints!  I am going to have to try that this weekend!  Yay for fitting in runs.  I love it when my work schedule makes it easier to fit the running in!

Erniegirl

RR - ST. Yesterday I ran through the tacky tourist area and then along the nice path right in front of Niagara Falls. Got totally drenched from mist and ran through a huge rainbow. It was fun.

TR - When we were walking around at the Falls on Monday evening, she suddenly started yelling "Tits! Tits!" I still have no idea what she was trying to say, but it was a bit awkward.

FR - Slow cooker roast with potatoes and carrots.

NRR - Got home last night to a clean house. Yay DH! Looking for some old clothes for S  to wear. Her very favourite, uber messy class "sensory fun" starts this morning. Maybe I'd better wear old clothes, too.

~~~~

zorbs - Glad physio made such a difference! What do they do with you? I saw a recipe yesterday for kale caesar salad, but I just can't see myself massaging kale. How long does this massage have to go on for?

rg -- Something about little kids with pumpkins is so cute. And homemade finger painting on a pumpkin is a great idea! S would love it. I just read your post from yesterday about your job situation. What a crappy way for them to treat you. I'm sure your clients love you, so I hope you are able to take tons of clients with you to your new business. Oh, and YES, we should definitely meet up in Niagara Falls sometime!

eh - Are you spinning today? I tried it a couple of times years ago and it was fun (and really hard!) but it hurt my butt. Aw, so sweet that you got up to make DH breakfast. And nice to have a peaceful breakfast together!

5k - 20:46          10k - 41:27         10 mile - 1:15:32          Half marathon - 1:39:15      

CTimesTwo

Morning,

RR - 4 miles, in more great conditions... might do a short run Friday to keep the legs loose before Sunday's half..

TR - apparently had a great time at daycare despite not getting much sleep the night before.... saved all her tears and grumpiness for when she got home.. all i want to do is play with her and she just wants to cry and throw tantrums... sigh....  woke up around 11:30pm calling for me but DH got her back to sleep in 5 minutes... definitely think this is a case of separation anxiety...

NRR - put C down at 6:30, was sleeping by 6:45... DH was so wiped he was asleep by 7pm... i'm pretty sure I was asleep by 9pm..

zorbs - great that physio worked out well!  I was going to use panko crumbs on my chicken tomorrow... i've never used them before, usually I used regular bread crumbs..

rg - sorry about the work situation... it's hard to look forward to going to work in such an environment...

eh - have fun at the gym!  i quit the gym years ago... i thought it was weird for me to pay to exercise when I had a treadmill, elliptical and weights at home!

runninmer

RR:  Thinking I will rest today.  My back hurt so bad last night that I had DH rub it for me for a while.

TR:  LOVES being outside.  Spent a good chunk of the day out with DH.  It was nice to shower alone and have a couple minutes in the house by myself.  Won't see him today because of work commitments.

NRR:  Another 14 hour day for this girl.  After work I have CC practice which is a trial run because tomorrow is our home meet.  After that I have to stay for "Tech Fest" where we showcase all of our technology for parents/community members.  It isn't horrible, but it makes for a really long day.

NRR#2:  We did find a sub for me.  She showed up for her interview in JEANS.  Yeah.  Anyway, she is coming in Friday to get a lay of the land.  I have been spending a ton of my time trying to get things ready for her.  Seems all I do is think about prepping for work.  I feel like I have a good handle on the units for my semester classes and the quarter longs just have to run like normal.

FR:  DH made a chocolate cake and got dark chocolate frosting.  No wonder my doc is happy with my weight gain!  My first thought when I saw the cake was that ice cream would go really well with it!

PGR:  Another appointment today.  We will see if there is any progress.

That's the bell....

Upcoming Races: 

Gazelle Girl 1/2 Marathon 4/13 - 1:48:46

armmama

morning!

RR - 5 miles in light rain in the dark this morning

BR - freaked out when I put him down for bed last night so I rocked him for like an hour.  He was so cuddly and sweet though, I didn't mind too much.

KR - DD1 said swimming last night went much better than Monday night, yay!  She met a girl who also just moved so that helped.  No swimming tonight, she has flute lessons.

FR - none of my kids would eat the "kid friendly turkey chili" last night except for L, but he eats anything.  Making kielbasa, potatoes and peppers tonight, I know they will eat that!

NRR - ordered winter jackets and snowpants for all 4 kids last night.  I guess DH and I will need to get something for ourselves as well.

zorbs - glad physio went well!

rg - wow, Greece for a 50th birthday sounds pretty nice!  I am so glad our school schedule is later here, I love being able to run early in the mornings.

eh - we joined a gym a month ago and I'm thinking I should take the girls off our membership.  We pay $20/month per kid and with the girls in school we will probably never use the daycare for them.

ernie - haha at tits!  Did you get any strange looks?  I was in Target with DD1 once and she exclaimed "bras!  more bras!".

cx2 - wow early night for you all!  I bet that felt good though.

L e e l a

RR - 8 miles this morning with the training group out at the track.  It was great to start my track work as part of marathon training.  2 miles w/u, followed by 5 x 800 at 5k-10k pace, with each set a bit faster.  2 miles c/d.  Pilates on the reformer yesterday was awesome!  The instructor really knew her stuff about running and gave me some perfect exercises to target my weaker right hip and my PF.  I'm really digging Pilates as a way to keep my body in good condition for running.  

RR2 - So, DH cracks me up.  Remember when he was dragging his feet about aiming to run just under 3:40 and saying we should just aim to break 4 hours?  This morning he tells me he's pretty confident we can do it and should aim for closer to 3:35.  Hilarious how he's changed his tune.  But I'm psyched that we are now on the same page since we both really want to race together at Richmond.

NRR - Busy morning of housework, BoT work for B's school and a bit of grocery shopping.  Then a committee meeting this afternoon with B's music class early this evening.  A busy hump day!

TR - No tears at drop-off this morning, even though she told me she'd cry today.  I'm hoping it means she'll do well in the classroom too.

FR - Balsamic chicken breasts with swiss chard in the slow cooker over polenta.

Sorry I didn't make it for personals yesterday.  I hope to get to them today!

mrszackmorris

arm: where did you order snow suits from? My girls have  been wearing obermeyer but they discontinued the ones we loved. Ugh.

L e e l a

zorbs - yay for physio!

rg - I think you asked yesterday if I had a reformer.  I wish I had one at home, but our gym has a full Pilates studio so that's where I was.  There are reformer classes that are free with our membership, but sign-up for the classes is fiercely competitive since there are only a few reformers in the studio.  I am really amazed at how knowledgeable the instructor I worked with yesterday was about running issues and what to do for prehab so I stay healthy.  I feel like I have really honed in on what's causes any injuries and twinges I've had in the past.  It's my right hip/glute.  So that muscle is in for a wake-up call ...

eh - Enjoy your time at the gym.  I'll be curious to hear what you choose to do.

ernie - That sounds like a fantastic run yesterday!  How fun to run through the mist!

cx2 - Yay for a sleeping house last night!  I'm excited for your HM this weekend and can't wait to hear all about it.

mer - Hope it's a good appointment.  Nice to get a backrub!

armmama - Ooh, winter jackets!  I guess I should see if B still fits in hers.  This morning's temperatures sure made me think about winter.  Good job on the dark 5 miles.

beckykay

Morning!

RR:  Missed my sbux run Sad  Ran on the TM until I had to help get C ready for school.

TR:  Speech therapy.  We are working on the L sound.  The kid won't touch his tongue to the BACK of his teeth.  He watched me and puts it in front of teeth.  Silly boy.  The only thing that helps is putting peanut butter back there and making him lick the peanut butter off. Smile

NRR:  Today WILL be a better day.  Busy as crap but its got to be better.

FR:  probably takeout for the boys and salad for me.

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

rg - G is very skeptical of kale and claims that he doesn't like it. Maybe I'll be fancy and put bacon in the salad, surely bacon makes everything better Smile  I TRY to do some kind of body care - stretch/roll/physio at least once a week but realistically it doesn't always happen and then my body gets into the horrid state it was in yesterday.

eh - do you pay a drop in fee for the gym and the daycare? I can see why that would be expensive.  G's favourite salad is caesar and as for B eating salad? HAHAHAHA!

ernie - I remember seeing the rainbow from the falls in the last couple kms of my shit marathon last fall, it was one of my few positive memories of that race. I massage the kale until the olive oil absorbs and it changes to a brighter shade of green, usually about 1-2 minutes.  My physio does Graston/ART, depending on the body part.  Since pretty much everything on me hurt yesterday, we started at my feet and worked up: ART on plantar fascia, Graston on achilles tendon/calves, Graston on quad/IT band, ART on glutes, chiropractic adjustment of SI joints, really vicious Graston on the golf ball sized knots in my shoulders, ART on my lats and neck.

cx2 - I think panko is much tastier than regular crumbs, so nice and light.

mer - I hope none of your team walks during the CC meet and was the sub at least competent despite the outfit?  Is wearing jeans at work a huge massive no-no? even if they are nice dressy jeans?

arm - is it DD's first flute lesson?  I taught myself to play the flute in grade 8 and did end up taking a few lessons and played all through high school too.  But I can't teach it because a lot of it I just messed around until I figured out how to make a decent sound.

leela - I hope your DH isn't like mine and makes crazy predictions about how he'll do at races.

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

http://runningskirtsandmanicures.blogspot.ca/ 

beckykay

Zorbs:  Ugh.  Tell DH to get with the program.

RG:  C asked yesterday if we can go pumpkin picking, I think we shall have to plan an outing soon.

Eh!:  Wow, breakfast in peace - that must be nice!

Cx2:  I swear C would just test me with his grumpiness.  He was always fine for everyone but me.

Mer:  I could take a nap just reading "14 hour day"  LOL on the sub wearing jeans.

Arm:  I have a few "kid-friendly" cookbooks.  When I look at the recipes I think to myself - C won't eat that!

ok bossman coming, bbl

armmama

mrszm - I got them from Lands End.  A friend of mine said that's where she buys her kids and they were 25% off so I went with it.

zorbs - she's had band at school once but this is her first lesson at the music store where we got her flute.  They gave us 6 free lessons so we're going to do them!

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

Morning!

RR - ST'ing plus 10 miles tonight.  Doing our LR tonight instead of a MLR bc RP and I are doing a duathlon this weekend, plus w/ my trip to banff I don't want to do a hilly LR hungover alone on sunday morning Smile

RR2 - PF is acting up on my left foot... I'm going to get the MT on sunday to go to town on my foot, and if  not make a chiro appt next week.

TR - as I said on FB put herself to bed before 7pm, hadn't peed or changed or anything, I went in after O was in bed and put a pullup on her.  She woke up around 2 to pee, then banged on our door at 3 saying she wasn't tired, DH said go back to bed it's the middle of the night!  So she did and slept till 7:30.  She must have been tired!

BR - vaccines today.  She's got teeth coming in on the top.

FR - lasagna

5k - 22:56        10k - 46:13          HM - 1:45:39          FM - 3:57:03

Blog: http://terryruns.wordpress.com/