Womens Running

HELLO WEDNESAY DIVAS (Read 20 times)

OJewel

Hi ladies, starting the thread early since I never seem to get in once I get to work. Post!

OJewel

RR- did an easy 3 yesterday. Today will be at least 5 I hope. My hip was kinda sore so I'm taking it easy. Less than 3 weeks til marathon!

NRR- tons of work stuff going on. Stressed out to the max. Also one of our dogs has been barking throughout the night. I have no clue why. Seems to have come out of nowhere. He is in his bed when I go to see what's wrong and just wags his tail when I come in. He's even still barking periodically since I've been up and having coffee in the living room. Also it's brrrrrr cold today! It's in the 40s right now. Today I'm working, meeting with my boss I hope to get some stuff straightened out, then home for some dinner and relaxation with DBF. Trying to think of something to do with the chicken. I'm getting bored of our old staples.

Happy hump day!

SassySparky

Jewel - good job taking it easy! I hope this hip situation clears itself up during the taper. I wish my marathon was in 3 weeks ... I've got another 9!  We got totally bored with our staple meals as well so I have no ideas for chicken - maybe chicken stir fry?

RR: I did strength training this morning! Just 20 minutes of easy legs, arms and abs, but I feel great! I seriously haven't done it in over a month Shocked. It was August 9th, according to my workout spreadsheet. SHAME.

NRR: Well my car drives like a dream so it definitely needed all of the work one yesterday (mostly brakes + tires rotated + wheels aligned). I just feel like once a month life hands us a bill for $1000+, you know? Anyway, Big D is gonna take his car in next. Fingers crossed. Both of our cars are 5-6 years old now and so I think things are just started to need to be fixed/replaced.  Other than that ... work and G! He's such a good kid! Anyway, he's talking in his crib so I'm going to go get him up!

I'll be running my first full, the Richmond Marathon on November 16, 2013!

gsdrunner

OJ: Hope your hip feels better soon. Good Luck with getting all the work done.

Sassy: I hear you with the random bill that comes in. Glad to hear the car is driving like a dream... sounds like it was well worth the bill.

RR: Nothing yesterday other than walking. Today I am trying to do a 3 to 4 mile run then lift... I may lift before I run since I always do it run then lift and cut short the lifting.

NRR: Not much, cable guy is coming this morning, they gave me a 4 hour window. I kinda hate that. Not much planned other than trying to rap up some items and get into some breathing room. Its amazing with how much needed to be done once we came get after the summer.

Hope you all have a great day!

outwestrunner

Good morning, ladies!

RR: Got in ST last night, and I'm feeling good. Hopefully ST on T Thursday.

NRR: At the airport and no sign of my coworker yet. Blah.  I was craving frozen pizza last night, so I ate that and some caramel gelato. Neither were that good.  Whatever.

Jewel - How old is your dog? Fay barks at stuff but usually has a reason.

Sassy - Hopefully D's car isn't too expensive.  I've put some money into my car over the past 3 years, but hopefully that's it. When repairs start to get really expensive, it'll be time for a new car. I have a 1999.

POrun

Happy Camel Day!!! (Lizo!)

RR: Running 6 tonight with DH after work. Hopefully the weather won't be terrible! Swam 1800yds this morning. Did a timed 100yd swim and hit my fastest time ever, then the coach told me I'm a much better distance person... Shocked story of my life...

NRR: Got my exam back yesterday. I really despise multiple choice exam with answers that include "none of the above". I missed 3 questions from second guessing myself with those... Oh well, I did fine, just annoyed with myself.

OJ: I hope your hip cooperates. I think you're in the timeframe where you start really worrying about every little twinge before a marathon, so hopefully it's all nothing. Huh, I hope the dog stops barking through the night soon!

Sassy: Great job with the strength training! Glad your car is running better at least.

GSD: Have a great run and have fun lifting. I can't say that's ever one of my favorite things to do...

OWR: Have a good trip! I hope your coworker makes it on time!

Meli: Sending you major hugs!!!

taylorma1

Jewel-sorry about the stress going on. I say that you should do chicken fajitas or tacos for dinner. You can make a lot of yummy combinations with that.

Sassy-glad your car works better now

gsd-I really hate that too about the cable guys!

outwest-hope your coworker shows up soon. Safe travels!

PO-I hate those types of questions too. I actually despite tests (but particularly MC tests) in general. Projects and papers are where it's at.

RR: 8.4 with about 5 at MP this morning. My pace was a little slower than normal, but my legs are probably just tired from the 18 weeks of training. Luckily it's taper week #1

NRR: getting my Indiana driver's license today, so I can have everything be legit now that I live here. Probably not going to live in Illinois again unless the best job ever pops up, so time to make Indiana my new home for the next few years. And I get to pick up my car tonight. So excited!

L e e l a

RR - 8 miles this morning with the training group out at the track.  It was great to start my track work as part of marathon training.  2 miles w/u, followed by 5 x 800 at 5k-10k pace, with each set a bit faster.  2 miles c/d.  Pilates on the reformer yesterday was awesome!  The instructor really knew her stuff about running and gave me some perfect exercises to target my weaker right hip and my PF.  I'm really digging Pilates as a way to keep my body in good condition for running.  

RR2 - So, DH cracks me up.  A month or so ago he was dragging his feet about aiming to run just under 3:40 and saying we should just be comfortable and try to break 4 hours?  This morning he tells me he's pretty confident we can do 3:40 and should aim for closer to 3:35.  Hilarious how he's changed his tune.  But I'm psyched that we are now on the same page since we both really want to race together at Richmond.

NRR - Busy morning of housework, BoT work for B's school and a bit of grocery shopping.  Then a committee meeting this afternoon followed by B's music class early this evening.  A busy hump day!

Personals next ...

L e e l a

jewel - definitely rest that hip!  Which marathon are you running?

sassy - great job with the strength training.  I slacked for a few weeks but am back at it, and notice a big difference in how I feel.  I know what you mean about the expenses that keep coming.  It seems like there is always something; for us its with our house since it's 60+ years old.  G is so stinkin' cute and seems to be quite a smarty pants - no surprise given his parents!

gsd - hope you get that run in. I bet you are missing all the hiking you were able to do this summer.  Hope the cable guy comes early in your window so you are not just waiting around all day - I hate that.

owr - Oooh, caramel gelato actually sounds amazing!  Strength training sounds great!

PO - Great job on the swim.  It was always the hardest part of triathlon for me.  I forget: what are you training for?

taylor - Nice run!  We were mileage twins this morning.  Enjoy that taper - what marathon are you running?

melrunner

Morning girls.

TriR swam 2400 this morning.

NtriR volunteering tonight and Vet appointment. Bubbles had a rough night and was hacking, coughing until se threw up. Poor baby. I hope its nothing bad. She was perfectly fine yesterday afternoon. Looking for jobs and trying to figure out what my plan will be....

Jewel. I hope your hip feels better.

OWR we had homemade pizza Sunday night. Yummy. Are you still in Utah??

Leela, great time goals!!

Sassy G is adorably cute!! Are you burned out from m training or not yet?

GSD enjoy lifting.

Taylor enjoy your new car!!

PO woo Hoooo for the oly distance!!!!!! Have a great run tonight.

monk717

Good morning divas! Still in vacation recovery mode...

RR: Haven't run since last Monday. I had thought about running once or twice while in Vegas... but quickly abandoned the idea once I realized just how much walking we'd be doing. I wouldn't be surprised to find out we walked 10-15 or more miles in the four days we were there. My hips were so sore from the walking until the morning when we were leaving... then I realized they were used to it! I was going to run this morning but I was just too tired. I have a 5K on Sunday, so will run tomorrow for sure and then run again at the race. I do wonder if all that walking will make my running stronger!

NRR: Vegas was amazing and while I'm sad vacation is over, I'm also relieved to be home. We didn't do anything too wild and I don't think I could have handled much more! My camera doesn't show how many pictures are on the memory card and I still haven't gotten to downloading them, I'm sure I took hundred of pictures. It was just unreal. I don't even know where to start when I finally get around to organizing pictures and blogging. It was so nice to get away with DH too, though we did miss the kids and were glad to have them back. Of course then they decided to be a challenge right away... yesterday A got into some nail polish at daycare when she was supposed to be sleeping and got it all over her brand new shirt we bought her from the trip :-( I've been given some ideas for washing it out, now I just need to figure out which to try.

NorCal

Good morning, happy hump day! Smile

So I was thinking we could try something that Cassie does on her Blog... Target Practice. Every Monday, we could all post our workout goals for the week and then the following week, check in on how we did and then post for the next week. Does that sound like fun to you guys? It always makes goals seem more "real" when you share them!

RR. Had a good workout day yesterday, between my track workout (1 m w/u, 2x800, 4x400, 2x800 1 m c/d) and then a 25 min circuit training session in the afternoon and a 20 min evening yoga session. I just signed up for a 15 day free trial on yogavibes.com. I really hope I like it, as $20/month for all of those classes seems great to me, since all classes here are about $20/class so I can't hardly afford to go! Today, biking a few miles, probably less then 10, and then doing a longer yoga class.

NRR. Seeing one client today and doing some errands and setting up accounts for a couple new customers for our water business.

Personals in a bit!

Humboldt Redwoods Half Marathon 10.20.2013 

Tiburon by the Bay Half Marathon 11.3.2013 (My Birthday!) 

Napa Valley Full Marathon 3.2.2013

PRs: 

Half: 1:48

Full: 4:34

NorCal

Ojewel- Hope that hips heals up over the next few weeks. Have you gotten in for a sports massage yet?

Sassy- Ugh, I hate those random expenses, no fair! We've had far too many lately too! I did weights yesterday for the first time in a long time!

Leela- That's great to hear DH now has the same goal time as you for the marathon, you guys will rock it! Nice work on your track workout today! Enjoy your busy day!

gsd- Hope you enjoy your run/lifting today!

Taylor- Congrats on the new car, you're going to love it!

PO- What did your coach mean by that? Enjoy your 6 tonight!

Meli- Once L woke up coughing up blood in the middle of the night, so we rushed him to the vet and all that had happened was he ate grass that cut up his esophagus a little. So hopefully it's nothing serious with Bubbles!

Monk- Glad you had a blast in Vegas! Such a crazy place! I bet the kids were happy to see you!

Humboldt Redwoods Half Marathon 10.20.2013 

Tiburon by the Bay Half Marathon 11.3.2013 (My Birthday!) 

Napa Valley Full Marathon 3.2.2013

PRs: 

Half: 1:48

Full: 4:34

SassySparky

GSD - hope you get al settled today

OWR - hope the coworker showed up! I hat when I have a craving for somethin 'unhealthy' then eat it and it doesn't hit the spot.

PO - sorry about the exam! Haha, I feel like i'm better at distance too.

Taylor - thank goodness for taper, right?! I have always gotten new licenses when I move to new states.

Leela - you and DH are going to rock Richmond! I hope the weather is as perfect as last year. I'm so surprised at how much we're able to communicate with G already, he's not even 18 months old and we can really get a lot of information out of him.

Meli - are there any pictures of bubbles up yet?

Monk - glad you enjoyed your vacation.

NC - I love Cassie's blog, too! And Target practice sounds like a fun Monday idea! Question about that track workout - are all of those intervals at the same pace?

I'll be running my first full, the Richmond Marathon on November 16, 2013!

melrunner

NC your workout sounds exhausting!!!! Bubbles tends to want to chew and eat grass but I won't let her. She does sound like she's a bit congested and she was sneezing and had a runny nose last night. Poor baby.