Womens Running

Gobble Gobble and Gobble, It’s Turkey Thursday. (Read 11 times)

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

Post!

K

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

Paris, oo la la.  Well, the airport which quite frankly is a nightmare.  Dropped Mom off at her gate and had to go to a different terminal for mine.  Freaked Mom out, I had to talk her down and tell her I had FOUR hours until my flight, plenty of time.  Switched terminals easy peasy.  Walked to the gate, ALLLLL the way at the end of one side of the terminal.  Sat down, got a notification my bag was loaded.  UH, there ain’t no plane there.  Had to then walk ALLLLL the way to the OTHER end of the terminal to the gate change.  No sit-down restaurants.  Baguette, sucky.  No Bloody Mary.  Sadness.

Mom is obviously out of the hospital.  Not doing as well as I’d like.  GI is resolved, but her overall health has taken quite a hit.  When we started the trip I wasn’t too concerned about her.  She is still driving at 85, but was alert and aware.  Now I begged/threatened her not to be driving yet until she is fully recovered, she would be dangerous behind the wheel.  Had to take the grandma tactic… You could never live with yourself if god forbid you hit someone, and worse, killed them.  She heard that I think.

Home late tonight, probably veg tomorrow, work Saturday.  I would like to get a a few miles in Sunday.  Need to get back at it.

I hope all of you have a great Thanksgiving.  Enjoy dinner and the fixings.

K

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024

Half Crazy K 2.0

Happy Thanksgiving!

KatS, that is tough with the driving. We didn't go this route due to covid, but you could see if there is a department of aging where your mom lives and if they have any sort of driving assessments. In Chester County, PA, I want to say these were done by OTs. I figured if we had tried to get herr to do it, at least it was a neutral party as opposed to SIL sending a nasaty letter that if she continued to drive, she would cut off her family (so son & GD). She lived 20 minutes away and doesn't work....

Little Blue

You might also check with DMV. In NC, you can anonymously request an evaluation for an unsafe driver. My friend did this with her mom, who refused to quit. The state sent her a letter that, due to her age, she had to come in for a retest. Of course she failed and her license was revoked. Mission accomplished,  and her daughter didn't have to be the bad guy.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

Made two pies yesterday--pecan and pumpkin.  They turned out really nice. Yay me!  DH is obsessing about the turkey, potatoes and gravy. I'm not worried.  The girls are bringing the rest of dinner when they come over. Should be a fun day: 6 adults, 4 small kids, 4 big dogs. I enjoy the chaos. DH not so much.

Karen--lol--my DH does not tolerate alternative lifestyles well either.

Kat--I hope your mom gets home safely.

Gobble gobble!!

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

Happy Thanksgiving to all of you!

Heading out for 5

Lori

*it's Bertha or me. My money is on me.*

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**

Anonymous Guest

Happy Thanksgiving!

Kat, hope both you and your mom get home safely, on time, and drama free.

Susan, your day sounds chaotic and fun.

I felt a little better about my mom driving when she told me in IL that you have to go every other year for both vision and driving test once you turn 80. Then I think every year starting at 87. So far she's doing okay - I'm not afraid to get in a car with her at least!

I was originally planning on a Turkey Trot in Temple this morning, but glad I didn't sign up in advance as I'm still not feeling well. Cold and flu medicine is making it so I can function at least, but I don't feel like doing much and definitely not running. In addition to being sick, I'm feeling a bit melancholy as yesterday was one year since my dad died.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Anonymous Guest

covid test was negative, hooray

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Happy Thanksgiving!

It was brisk this morning but gorgeous. I went for easy pace at the race and managed to run the same time or thereabouts as my last two races on this course (and I wasn't even trying). Tendons are tight but not painful right now. I went with my tutu, though, might become a tradition.

May be an image of 7 people

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Kat, tough choices. Travel safe!

Karen, yay for the negative result.

Damaris

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

Kats, I'm sure your mom will be ok once she gets home and can relax and recover properly in the comfort of her own home. But yes, insist she not drive until then. I know they hate to lose that bit of independence even temporarily but safety comes first. Does she have a neighbour who can check in with her occasionally?

Lori

*it's Bertha or me. My money is on me.*

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**