Womens Running

Late Start Tuesdailies (Read 11 times)

Better late than never, right?

Fun spin class this morning. WFH today -- yay!  DGD's preschool graduation tonight.  Should be fun.

Hang in there Lori!  Morale is in the toilet here as well. I'm planning to just grin and bear it until next March.

Have a great day!

Anonymous Guest

6 easy miles here. I got distracted trying to get my run to upload and never made it to check on the dailies.

Decided to sell my car back to Carvana. They are supposed to come Friday, so now it sits and waits. May not get a replacement until after we get back from Colorado in October. In the meantime, DH and I will be sharing one car......will see how that goes.

Lori, sorry the package wasn't good enough to take.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

So I had a hearing today that lasted two hours. The debtor's representative is probably 80-90 years old and looks like he was exhumed from the Pyramids of Egypt to come to the hearing. As he is testifying, the Court asked where the item the creditor was referring to was. The gentleman got up the witness stand to show the judge and he missed the step, fell to the floor, hit the flagpole and everybody thought the dude had killed himself in the process.

Nope, he had a bump on his head that had to be tended but he continued testifying in his normal funny Southern drawl.

And who said bankruptcy hearings are boring?

I have 4 with strides when I get home.

Damaris

Anonymous Guest

We did something we've never done before - went to the local dealer and ordered a new car (Bronco Sport) in the color we want with the features and options we want. It will be ready in 3-6 months. The sales guy said probably closer to 3 for what we ordered, but 4 would be better for us because that would be around the time we're planning on coming back from Colorado, so okay if it takes them longer. We test drove one they had on the lot (but different color, different wheels, etc) and really liked it.

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

That's a nice car Karen!

5 miles for me on the TM after I finished work. It's nice outside but at this time of day the traffic is too much for me. People aren't paying attention when they're rushing home from work. And I didn't feel like driving to Bertha

Lori

*it's Bertha or me. My money is on me.*

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**

Half Crazy K 2.0

6 miles this morning with 2 x 200 + 4 x 400. Dragging a bit, didn't help that it is polleny + smokey.

CrazySue, enjoy the pre-school graduation.

AnonymousGuest, nice car. So the 1 car thing didn;'t last long?

Docket, yikes, glad the guy was ok.

BerthaSlayer, I used to always run after work. There is so much more traffic and people. I now prefer mornings.

Anonymous Guest

AnonymousGuest, nice car. So the 1 car thing didn;'t last long?

Ha ha, the plan was to sell the VW now, since the price offered was fantastic and we don't need a car just sitting in the garage all summer while we're not here, and watch for a Bronco Sport that we wanted, doing the one car thing until we found the one we wanted. Around here (and we've looked from here to Waco to Austin) all the higher end models seem to be dark colors, and we wanted white, preferably with the black top. So last night DH went through and picked exactly what he wanted (with input from me, of course, but I didn't care that he wanted bigger wheels, etc.) and said "I'm going to hit submit order and see what happens." Well, what happens is they send it to the local dealer and you can go in and sign paperwork to order exactly that. Not a lot of negotiating (MSRP minus any discounts/deals they've got going when the car is ready), but up until recently they were marking these up from MSRP, so doubtful we'd get much better than that for one on the lot. Not to mention there were only three on the lot, two of the lower model and the one we test drove which was actually used.

So we'll be one car people just until they get this one built.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Nice car!

Damaris

Late start, and late finish!  Whew, long day. Work then run (7 miles with hill repeats) plus making arrangements for deck repairs while we’re gone plus cleaning the house and packing for Ireland trip tomorrow. Not done yet but fortunately we’re not leaving too early. 

Damaris, OMG on the guy biting the dust during the hearing!

Karen, a new car is fun. 

Hi CrazySue, Lori, and HCK!

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR