Womens Running

MERRY Mondays! (DAILIES) (Read 21 times)

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

10.2 speed work miles for me! I did 15x 1min/1min rest.

Awesome run. Felt really strong out there. Wasn't to cold but it sure was windy. I got a sharp pain in my ankle towards the end causing me to change my stride. I hope its nothing. When I taped up my foot this morning I taped it up really tight on accident - hopefully it was just that.

Its going to be snowing and 17 degrees for my 20 miler this Friday. BRRR.

HCBF and I are up early because we have to head to my parents!

Kilmisters - I do NOT drink coffee before a run - or else I will get the “runs”. LOL. TMI. Its the first thing I grab when I get home from a run, though! HCBF and his twin are actually totally opposite. LOL. She is on the go go go go go and he is soooo not. Haha. They have a bond like I have never seen though. Nice run yesterday! I felt that wind today..makes things 10x as hard. As for the shivers..hmm…I would suggest all the things you are already doing. Sad

Diane - Yikes on DH! I hope you don’t get it. Put him in quarantine! hehe. Hope you were able to get the miles in!

Laura - Hope you had fun with BF’s family!

Susan - MMMM seafood gumbo sounds good! Sorry the run was so bad Sad

Tessa - Wow, nice miles last weekend. I HATE when drivers are following me through the parking lot. Sometimes I duck to trick them or I will sit in my car for 10 minutes with the reverse lights on. LOL. I am awful. Oh, I saw so many ugly leggings this weekend! I wouldn’t be seen in public with those things

Kathryn - MMM have a good pasta dinner tonight. Hope you are feeling a little better today.

Docket - holy crap nice 18!!! Sorry about the knee!

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

Kilmisters

Merry Christmas Smile Or as we'd say Priecīgus Ziemassvētkus!

Damaris, anything more than 3mi on TM is mostly mental Smile

Tessa, never underestimate the potential of ugly leggings/sweaters/anything. We had a girl w fake-hairy-leg leggings a while ago. In the office. Just for fun.

Kat, ugh, hoping you get your mojo back soon! Football day? All I'm hearing is how refs are helping Patriots almost every game... Oh well...

Sue, yes, first Christmas for K! Glad there's no need to worry about New Year's fireworks as Independence day chaos didn't bother her Smile

Lizzie, speedwork on Christmas? Not even surprised Big grin And, please, send those cold temps here; we're not getting anything even close to that this week :/ It's all ice and puddles, almost no snow; and mixture of rain/ice falling from sky.

Diane, hawks? Raptors? Oh, wow... You know, I'm happy living in a place that has no earthquakes, storms, volcanoes, floods and stuff like that, but, boy, our flora and fauna are so comparatively boring Smile ''OH, LOOK A BEAR!'' Big grin

So excited about early NBA game today; our guy Porziņģis playing ^_^ (Knicks-76ers). Hoping the game won't be a disaster as, I swear, every Philadelphia Flyers matinee is. Promised to show an interesting hilly route to a local runner friend of mine tomorrow; the introvert me is already hating this decision, but oh well...

''What will happen if I run up the hills? Ah, volcano muscle soreness!!'' (c) Margaret

''Who needs quads anyway!?'' (c) Damaris

dhuffman63

Trails

Quick check in....got my 3 miles and my 10,000 steps a day. Merry Christmas everyone

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

Merry Christmas all!

Lizzie, admirable you got up for your run on Christmas.  Did ya see Santa going down any chimneys?  Enjoy your day with HCBF and your family.

Elina, I hope little K (and you/DH of course) have a great day.  You should post a pic of her.

It is only 35 out right now, a bit too cold for me to go out, yet.  Maybe around noon.  At least a little walk.

Have a spectacular holiday everyone.

K

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  I have 4 and weights tonight.  Merry Christmas to those that celebrate!

Didn't sleep a wink last night, ugh.

Lizzie, nice run.

Elina, enjoy the game!

Diane, nice job on the 3.

Kathryn, sounds like great weather!

Damaris

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Merry Christmas!

no run today. Monday’s are my rest day anyways

dh got got me an 8 qt commercial Kitchen aid mixer. It is pretty big and very heavy. My old mixer has served me well but is out dated and 28 years old. I asked for a Kitchen Aid. Didn’t want a huge one but he got it anyways. It will do well when I’m doing all the baking and what not. I got an Amazon gift card from my boss so I bought a cover for it as no way it is fitting in the cabinet unless I want to take out one of my pull out shelves (which I don’t). And if it is out and covered it will make it easier to use and not lugging it out all the time.

The boys got new toys. Rockefeller was so funny he took the Kong teddy bear and ran and put it on our bed. Guess he really liked it the most. Today he is curled up on the coach under a blanket and has it beside him. A little while ago they ate their giant peanut butter bones. Hammy goes back and forth between rather teddy bear (when Rockey will let him have it) and the Octopus. Quincy has played a bit with his too. A reindeer rope toy.

Tessa brave of you going near Costco.  No thanks. I avoid stores as much as possible during Christmas. I dread next Sat as I get my hair cut the Total Wine store is in the same parking lot. I imagine thousands there to get what they need for NYE. At least my appointment is early enough I won’t be too bad yet as they won’t open right then. But when I leave people will be crowding in. The Sat before Christmas it was full when we drove by.

Spent what seemed all day at Church yesterday. Choir we  sang at 11 am yesterday for normal Sunday. Then I served as a communion minister  at 4 pm  vigil Christmas which was packed to the gills. And choir sang at 8 pm for the ‘midnight’ services. Made the day go by fast. At least I got to eat quickly between. Choir had to be in our seats by 720. So rushed home after the 4pm service, ate then dh drove me back. We both drove to 4 pm and I left my car there so I’d have it to get Home. 6 pm was the children’s service which was also packed to the rafters and I didn’t want to have to park a mile away or then have to walk that far to get in my car afterwards. Worked out perfectly.

Waves to everyone!

Marjorie

Anonymous Guest

Merry Christmas! Last night I made breakfast for dinner (egg frittata thing, hash brown casserole and toast), and we only ate half of what I made, so we had breakfast for breakfast this morning. Will make my big hunk of beef from the Texas Beef Council for dinner.

We opened up our fancy coffee machine and set it up.....wow, what a difference. This thing makes some tasty coffee. I also got DH some bluetooth noise-cancelling headphones and this cool-looking clock that looks like an old bicycle. He decided a couple days ago to get me some stuff to open when he drove by the new Wal-Mart and it didn't look that crowded. So I open up my first present and it's a cool-looking clock. Then I open up my next present and it's bluetooth headphones! I guess we're nothing if not predictable, and we like the same kinds of things!

He was cracking me up when he came home from Wal-Mart because he also bought Riley some cookies. He was worried about the quality because he got them there, so was looking them up online to make sure they were okay. I was like "wait, shopping for your wife at walmart is okay, but the dog on the other hand...."

I'll probably go for a little run later because I've had three cups of coffee and am bouncing off the walls.

Hi to all,

Karen

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Half Crazy K 2.0

Merry Christmas!

MarjorieAnn, does you DH have the theory bigger is better? When I wanted a Crock Pot, DH bought the biggest one around. It's just the 2 of us, a smaller one would have worked just as well.

AnonymousGuest, have you seen the It's Raining Men Walmart commercial?

Arimathea

Tessa

Kupcakes, a commercial for Wal-Mart to "It's Raining Men"? Um...would you WANT it to be raining the kind of guys who usually hang around Wal-Mart? I'm sure there are some perfectly nice men who shop at Wal-Mart (like Karen's DH) but some of the specimens I dodge as they pull into or out of the Wal-Mart parking lots on several of my running routes...no thank you.

And Karen, that is funny that both of you got the other the same thing. In DH's defense, you're probably not ingesting the clock or the headphones, whereas Riley will be eating the biscuits. Not surprised you have had 3 cups of coffee!

Marjorie, wow on your schedule yesterday. Thank you for volunteering for services. Children's Mass is usually something else again -- glad it's not me who has to answer all the questions. I think most of the priests learn early on to think on their feet when they ask a large group of children questions about Christmas and get answers they didn't expect.

8 quart mixer? Wow. Mine is a 4 quart I think. But the KitchenAid ones are really useful. Giggling about the boys and their new toys!

Liz, I figure if someone wants my spot and I'm leaving anyway, why not? I don't want to have them cause me to wait in the parking lot. Hope the ankle feels better.

Elina, you almost certainly have raptors, don't you have falcons and hawks and eagles in Latvia? (Bears...eep.)

Diane, Merry Christmas, congratulations on the 3 miles and 10,000 steps!

Kat, 35 feels good in my opinion, as long as I remembered gloves.

Damaris, 18 on the TM? I hope you had good stuff to read or watch.

4 miles this morning after sleeping in until 6:30 since I didn't get to bed until well after midnight. Wiped out. Like Marjorie, it seemed like I was at church all day. I cantored the 9 AM and 3 PM services (let me brag for a moment...held my own singing the harmony against Sis's melody for the fraction anthem, which let me tell you is some achievement since Sis is a powerful singer and can bring everyone in the room along with her!), then was in the choir at the 5 and 10 PM. We did manage to get dinner in between. I definitely don't have much of an upper register this morning after the number of high Gs I had to hit last night. Glad I ran, though. Very quiet out this morning, some people driving but few walking.

Half Crazy K 2.0

Arimathea, it's a cute commercial. At least the first time. After it's shown every commercial break, it gets old. And the men at my Walmart rarely look like that either.

Kilmisters

Diane, nice miles!

Kat, ''you should post a pic of her'' -- Here's a recent one Smile

Karen, I laughed about the coffee machine pic on FB. Looks like a considerable upgrade! And that's so sweet for similar gifts w DH! Bluetooth earphones - will want to hear a feedback Smile I know a runner that has the opposite of noise-cancelling ones -> they're not in-ear, but are supposed to be put right next to your ear, but are superloud. So that you hear both music and surroundings.

Tessa, we do have falcons, hawks and eagles, but they are rare; among the protected species actually. Bears, wolves, elks etc. are way more common.

10k today, heavy legs, lots of ice, rain in last 10mins. UGH. But since the amount of food consumed since Friday has totally gone out of control, I was happy to go out there. And Knicks lost. Because of course they did.

''What will happen if I run up the hills? Ah, volcano muscle soreness!!'' (c) Margaret

''Who needs quads anyway!?'' (c) Damaris

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

Awww, Elina, she is cute.  Smile  Very happy smile on her.

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024

Bikerchick1

Merry Christmas everyone!

Kilmisters - What a darling little mini K!!!  Thanks for posting the picture!

Karen - I’m totally jealous of the coffee machine...

Marjorie - Sounds like a very busy, but great day yesterday.

Tessa - That is great that you and your sister sing together at church!

Kat - Hope it warmed up enough to get out there!  DH and I did our Christmas hike in the woods...was about -1 wind chill!!!

Diane- glad you got some miles in!

Lizzie - Hope you had a nice time at your parents!  Nice Christmas run Smile

Half Crazy - Hi!

Damarias - Hope you enjoyed your miles and weights!

Celebrated with family yesterday, hike in the woods with DH today.  Now just relaxing!

Carol