Womens Running

SMILE, Its FRIYAY! (DAILIES) (Read 16 times)

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

National Smile Day! Smile

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning! Freaking out about my interview in less than one hour.  Bah.  I have 4 miles tonight.

Karen, glad the CT scan results were good.

Damaris

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

13.2 for me!

Good run considering the dewpoint was around 70 when I started. I think it got better as the run went on. I didn't feel like crap until the last couple miles. When I got home, I wanted to cool off so I took a big spoon full of Cookies and Cream Blue Bell ice cream. I must say, that might be a new thing for me. Wink Karen, you need to try! Still trying to find that easy pace. My breathing is so much better and I overall feel better its crazy! I also think my looks have changed - maybe more color? I don't know I just think I look a little better. Guess I didn't realize what smoking was doing to me since I started at 13!!

Going to try my best to get out of here a bit early. I have to take a call about that damn fire around 4 but I can do that from the beach Smile Excited for some R&R with my fiance! Hehe Wink

Is it just me or has this short week lasted WAY. TOO. LONG?! What is everyone up to this weekend?

Carol – Woohoo! Nice job on the 20! You kept it interesting 😊 Recovery is worse for me than the run as well.

Run4kupcakes – I was looking at the marathon training yesterday..the weekend runs all started around 6:30 which I thought was TOO LATE 😊

Tessa – Good to hear from you! Glad the kit kats are doing well 😊 Hopefully things calm down a bit at work.

Happy Friyay!

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

Docket - AHHH Good luck and let us know how it goes!!!!

Good luck Damaris!!

I took a rest day today. Seriously, idk how y'all do it everyday.

Lizzie--great job on the 12!

Carol--wow 20 miles is done!

Tessa--glad the kitties are doing well.

Check y'all later

Seloc

Hip hip hooray for Friyay!  A mostly sunny weekend on tap in these parts.  I foresee lots of patio sitting.    4 and a half after work yesterday in 82*.  It was lovely!  Even in the hazy air.  Fires in Canada blowing amoke down this way.  TRX/Bells this morning and biked there and back.  No major plans for the weekend though I should hit up the LRS for new shoes.  Time to switch things up and I'd like to try them on rather than purchase blindly online.

Lizzie - no more graduates in the family this year.  Next year there is another then a three year break.  But, I'm at the age where all the friend's kids are also graduating.  And parents are dying.  Next will be weddings and then babies and the circle of life continues.    Nice run this morning.  I knew you wouldn't skip it.    Your vote is TCM, eh.  Perhaps you have an ulterior motive hoping I'll save PDX and MKE for when you are avail?  hee hee.  Kidding.  What marathon did you do when you met Kat?  Have a great time at the beach!

Carol!  BOOM on that 20 miler!  Sounds awesome.  I absolutely love love love when you can split up the miles like that with friends.  You SHOULD be tired right now!!  Cuz, now the hay is in the barn and you taper.  Recover well today!!  As for my decision deadline - eh, who knows.  I'll just end up paying more for registration the longer I wait.  I think I'll wait until mid-July.  Good luck tomorrow!!

HCK - with the marathon class, the morning long runs are at 7am which I feel like is kinda late!  LOL  In the past, some days when it was really hot, I would start earlier and then meet up with the group at 7.

Tessa - Portland is Oct 6th.  Hope work eases up now that June 1st is tomorrow!  Glad the kit kats are doing well.

Damaris - GOOD LUCK TODAY!  You will crush this thing cuz you are freakin AWESOME!!

Happy Weekend!!

RTurtles

Running with the Turtles

Happy Friyay!  Rest day for me today, planning to head out of work early and enjoy the 80 degree weather!    Younger DD has her soccer party tomorrow afternoon and then we are going to a baby shower.  It will be DD's first baby shower, my friend that we walk the dogs for invited her.  Probably so I wouldn't feel so weird being alone with people I don't know.    DD probably doesn't care about the baby shower, she just wants to hang out with the dogs.  

Damaris, I hope the interview went well!

Lizzie, nice half marathon!  I would have been surprised if you didn't run.    I bet you do look better after quitting smoking!  DD has a monthly appointment with the orthodontist to re-tie the strings attached to her teeth that are pulling them into place.  So far it seems to be working well!  She says it hurts in the evening but she is usually fine the next day.  Last night she took one whole Tylenol!    Have an awesome weekend!

Sandy, yay for new shoes!  I just ordered a pair from Famous Footwear, of all places.  They had the older model of Saucony Kinvara's for $55.  I really liked that iteration.    I did think about suggesting you postpone Lakefront until next year if Lizzie is coming for sure.    I am leaning towards doing the Gopher to Badger race!  Awesome spreadsheet, BTW.    Well, if you came to MKE you would definitely see Cathy.    I would also do what I could to get you accomodations!  The other book that older DD is reading for book club is "Empress of a Thousand Skies".  It is YA sci-fi fantasy, which I normally don't read.  DD wants me to read it with her.  She tends to read below her level.  I read the title and she said, "It's skies?  I thought it was skis!".  

Tessa, glad that you and the kitties are doing well!

Kupcakes, interesting that they set a max for your step challenge.  Actually, that might not be a bad idea with the crazy step numbers that people are putting up!  

Carol, congrats on the 20!  At least that is behind you.    I am following a Daniels training plan.  Overall mileage is lower, it's about what I am used to running now, 40 mpw range.  But the speedwork is crazy fast and tough!  I guess that makes up for the lower mileage.  

Sue, haha, the Fitbits do register steps when you wave your arms around.  I am sure people take advantage of that, as well as extra steps when your arms "vibrate", such as when mowing the lawn or using power tools.     Enjoy the rest day!

Karen, glad the CT scan was fine!  It sounds like you got a lot done for the running group!  I am almost done with "I Liked My Life".  It is surprisingly funny.  I have a guess about how it's going to end...

Cathy

Half Crazy K 2.0

With the step challenge,  I think they did that to give everyone a chance.  The first year, it was solely based on time or steps and a group of triathletes averaged well over 10 hours per week of activity to win by a landslide.

Turtles. is Mr Math running MKE?

RTurtles

Running with the Turtles

With the step challenge,  I think they did that to give everyone a chance.  The first year, it was solely based on time or steps and a group of triathletes averaged well over 10 hours per week of activity to win by a landslide.

Turtles. is Mr Math running MKE?

Ah, that makes sense that they set a max.  Or they need a separate category for the "elite" athletes and normal folk.  

Mr. Math is probably not running MKE, he is thinking of running a smaller marathon a few weeks before that.  It's flatter.    Though to me, Lakefront is pretty darn flat, it's a net downhill!  And since he volunteers for the running group, he can run that other marathon for free.  He is pretty stingy with his money.  

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

Sandy – OOOO switching up the shoes? No more Asics?? Or just a different style? Nice run yesterday! I mean, I would LOVE to come with to both MKE and PDX 😊 I wouldn’t want to hold you back on your travels Wink. I would be super jealous though. 😊 I did the Vancouver Marathon with Kat. Technically was in Washington. Great weather but the course was short we later found out. Wasn’t really about the race that trip..it was about seeing/meeting Kat and seeing the sites! We had a great time. We spent some time in Portland but not enough! AWESOME little city. I could live there! First thing I noticed were the TREES! So huge. And the pot. Hehe 😉 Would love to do a race through Seattle. SO many races so little time!

Cathy – Next year Lakefront is for sure – HCF is already making plans. LOL. You are going to do Gopher to Badger?! YES YES!!! I just officially signed up yesterday. That would be awesome if you could come! Enjoy your rest day and 80 degree weather 😊 Have fun this weekend at the baby shower!

Run4kupcakes – All step challenges should be that way! It is supposed to be encouraging!

Seloc

Woohoo for Gopher to Badger!  I'm all signed up, too   Anyone else interested in making the trek to MN/WI (race is point to point starting in MN and finishing in WI - hence the name) for a half in August?  Weather could be lovely and cool or hot and muggy or anywhere in between.

Lizzie - hope you are about out of there headed to the beach.  Glad you are seeing the benefits of non-smoking.  Not only are you feeling and looking better, you have just extended your life!!  As for shoes - I haven't always run in ASICS - I like to switch things up.  Might go back to Brooks, though I read the toe box might be narrower which I would not like.  I despise the PO so might as well go try them on rather than having to return.  haha - lots of pot in Seattle last weekend - not by me, it's not my thing, but it was everywhere.  Who knows what I will do about a marathon.  I may just do the training and not run!  

Cathy - hope you enjoy sneaking out early and enjoying the weather.  It's already 82* here - woot woot!  Pretty busy weekend of parties for you!  YESSSSSSSSS on Gopher Badger!!  You could stay with me if you want.  Lizzie is coming in Friday morning and we are both working that day from my house.  Figured I'd give her the choice of the office or the kitchen table.  I'll take the couch LOL.  It is a PERFECT week for a half in terms of your training.  Just sayin'!!  LOL I laughed at DDs mix up of skies and skis.  Too cute.  Glad her teeth aren't bothering her too too bad.

I may follow Cathy's lead and duck out early.  Gotta take advantage of summatime in these parts!  Have a great weekend!

Anonymous Guest

Bodypump this morning and now I can barely use my arms. But that whole squat/lunge series? Nailed it, even when other people were giving up. This girl can squat. Briefly considered a short run, but it is even more humid than normal today, and temps were already in the 80s when I left for BP at 8:30, no idea what it was when I finished. Add in the super high humidity and no. I just walked out the door and determined it was too hot. Tonight the overnight low is supposed to get down to 71, so I may go early tomorrow morning and run 3-4 before anyone else gets there so I can get double digits for the day and still be done before it gets miserable.

Yesterday I went to Hobby Lobby (I don't think I've ever been to one, that store was so much fun). I bought some rocks and some paint pens to play with. I also bought a bag of small rocks for Lisa's idea of adding a rock each week for the long run. Then I came home and counted out 26 rocks and.......it didn't look like much. Then I came up with the idea of adding a rock for each scheduled run. They normally run 3 times a week in addition to Saturday, so I counted out 104 rocks. That looked better. I need to actually count because there are a few times they run an extra weekday, but that number of these rocks would just about fill up a Houston Marathon mug that you get when you finish. So I'm going to fill one up, take it to the pasta dinner before the race and tell people to guess the number of rocks for a prize. Then I will give something to the winner and explain why there are that many rocks there and how their cumulative training has gotten them ready for the race. Maybe take pictures of the mug along the way - 1/2 full, etc. And the cool thing is I can actually wait and do this all at the last minute if I need to. Or now.

Damaris, I hope the interview went well!!!!

Liz, ooooh, good idea on the spoon of post run ice cream. I am so happy for you - looking and feeling better, not to mention all that money you're not spending on cigarettes!

Sandy, I liked your spreadsheet yesterday. Good luck deciding, every time I thought about it I changed my mind on which one I'd run if I were you. I still need WI and was maybe thinking Lakefront next year. i've heard the new Portland course and race is much better and Portland is such a fun town. Very much a foodie town. And you know how much I enjoyed TCM, plus it would be so easy logistics wise for you.

Carol, great job on the 20! I did that on a few long runs training for GCM and it definitely helped to have company part of the way. And got to catch up with various friends that weren't really training for anything so didn't want to run long.

Cathy, I'm with your DD, I'd probably want to hang out with the dogs at the baby shower too. That dental work sounds painful. I remember doing TIR (Texas relay like a Ragnar) and sitting in the back of a 12-person van, and both of us back there noticed our fit bits were counting steps because it was so bumpy. I think I also noticed mine counting steps on the T in Boston, and my dad said his would count steps riding in the golf cart.

I am tired. Dogs got up early and then Riley wouldn't come back in. So I was up for probably 20 minutes, tried to go back to bed but didn't really go back to sleep because by then DH got up for work. Today was apparently blue jeans Friday and he couldn't find his newer pair of jeans (his tight pants, as his mom called them). I knew they were on the closet floor, because they've been there for about three weeks and I refuse to pick them up and put them in the hamper LESS THAN ONE FOOT AWAY, so they haven't gotten washed. He finally found them and decided they were okay to wear off the floor. And then I just got up and made myself some coffee.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

The mention of Hobby Lobby reminds me that I found something better than a cape for my # 50.  Something I think is more me:

Damaris

Anonymous Guest

I've been meaning to ask you where you found Headsweats that you can personalize just one. Link? I'm sure it will be more than I'm supposed to spend for coaches gifts, but I might do just one for me (I don't think most of them wear visors anyway, so getting them for coaches gifts would probably be pretty selfish of me).

The mention of Hobby Lobby reminds me that I found something better than a cape for my # 50.  Something I think is more me:

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I've been meaning to ask you where you found Headsweats that you can personalize just one. Link? I'm sure it will be more than I'm supposed to spend for coaches gifts, but I might do just one for me (I don't think most of them wear visors anyway, so getting them for coaches gifts would probably be pretty selfish of me).

It was a bit pricey for just one but I found a page online.  Hope is legit!  Remind me tonight, please, and I'll look on my email the name of the company.  Supposedly ready by the 17th of June.

Damaris