Womens Running

Windy Monday - Supermoms (Read 20 times)

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

ER - Today starts my self-imposed week off running.  I suspect that I'll run by Saturday though..30-40 min of TM hill walking and hopefully the damn hot tub is fixed by now!

TR - MIL brings him back this morning.  Talked to him on the phone during the drive back and it sounds like his vocabulary has improved in the 4 days he's been away.  "Mommy, daddy, you driving?"

FR - fridge is empty, must shop, DYING for something healthy as we had nothing to eat but roadside fast food crap yesterday.  I don't know how people eat crap 24/7! DH and I were moaning, "NEED...VEGGIES!!!!!!!!!!" on the drive home.

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

http://runningskirtsandmanicures.blogspot.ca/ 

runnergirl9508

Zorbs- hope the week off from running goes fast! You still planning to ST? Ha, my DH was moaning for fresh fruit after eating out for a couple of days. I was lucky in that they provided lots of fresh fruit and veggies at the conference for us!

RR: possibly a RD, I've run 7 days in a row so I should rest. Ran on the hotel TM both mornings before the conference.

RR2: the conference was awesome!! I learned so much. Now all I have to do is take the online test and I will be a certified coach.

TR: he was so happy to see me this morning. I missed him.

NRR: we ended up driving straight through the night, not quite 11hrs home. Got home at 4am and slept about 2.5hrs. Definitely going to need a nap today. I stayed awake in the car to keep DH awake as he drove.

nola- just getting back to you, but yes I am pg, a lil over 9 weeks. Smile

5K: 19:15       Half: 1:29:35       Marathon: 3:13:08

Erniegirl

RR - srd, maybe a bit of yoga and stretching. Legs are pretty sore from my race yesterday.

TR - DH told me she ate three bowls of free chili during my race Shocked Her last swimming lesson is tonight, and then we are to going to go to the flu shot clinic, so she is going to be awfully grumpy by the time we get home for dinner.

FR - Something quick. Last night I tossed potatoes, acorn squash and sausages in a mix of Dijon mustard, maple syrup and rosemary and roasted them. Really yummy, too bad there are no leftovers for today!

NRR - We had a wicked huge thunderstorm overnight. Our power was out from 10 pm until 6 am and it was so windy it blew two gates off our back fence. It was so warm over the weekend, so I suspect that storm brought the cold weather back with it.

5k - 20:46          10k - 41:27         10 mile - 1:15:32          Half marathon - 1:39:15      

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

Morning

RR - SRD, ran almost 16 km yesterday as my LR, it should have been 21 k but I wanted to be extra easy on my left ankle/Achilles.  Both are feeling good today, my PF on the left is tight when I wake up though.  I have another chiro apt tomorrow, so I'm sure it'll get grastoned again, yay? Smile

TR - was pretty good this weekend.  Her and DH had a movie night last night and watched Happy Feet.

BR - getting pretty good at standing up now.  She's becoming quite the character with more personality showing.

FR - slow cooker cilantro lime chicken.

NRR - weighed myself this morning and I'm 119 - before O my normal weight was 136 ish... I don't remember the last time I was under 120, college, high school?

5k - 22:56        10k - 46:13          HM - 1:45:39          FM - 3:57:03

Blog: http://terryruns.wordpress.com/

mrszackmorris

rr: new tm is up and running and with perfect timing since there are 30mph winds right now. Hoping to get in 3-4m.

kr: I can always tell when it is Monday and Thursday with her. She is beyond exhausted in the morning on those days.

tr: becoming picky with the clothes she wears. Bought her the cutest tights ever!

br: cannot believe his vocabulary. Love when he says beautiful and delicious.

nrr: ended up with a great/busy weekend. going to order some christmas presents today.

fr: need to grocery shop this morning. Salmon with zucchini and squash tonight.

---------

zorbs: did the cat survive?

rg: good luck with the test!

ernie: it is so windy here and of course it is garbage day. There is crap flying everywhere. I didn't even put out some of our stuff bc I don't want to chase it around.

car: do you have a goal weight in mind?

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

zorbs - good luck with the week off running, I almost went crazy when I wasn't supposed to run for 2 weeks after my surgery.  Ugh on the roadside crap, lately I've been packing something instead of stopping.

RG - so cool that the conference was so good!  YIKES on the all night drive!  Do you and DH have to work today?  I'd be a mess.

ernie - congrats on the race yesterday!  YUM on your supper last night, that sounds amazing.  Wowsers on the storm, I hope everything is easily repairable.

mzm - I'm not really trying to lose weight, just eating and running...  letting my body do it's thing.  YAY for a treadmill!!

superspike113

Honorary Old

RR: I only logged 2 5-mile runs last week. My mojo is nowhere to be found.

TR: Did so much cute stuff this weekend and was making me laugh. Yesterday, I was looking at Instagram and R saw the pic of Lauren Fleshman's baby and said "Baby's naughty, pee diaper". I tried to explain that its okay for babies, but not for big boys. Later when we put him down for a nap and he fought it for like an hour and a half, DH and I heard him playing with his cars in his room- he was telling his cars to go on the potty and asking them if they had to poop or pee. Then we heard him saying 'Dammit, dammit, dammit, dammit' in his room- DH and i were silently dying on the couch.  After naptime, R was playing with his Doc Hudson car- went in his room and retrieved a diaper and wipe and proceeded to "change" the car. Stayed dry all weekend, hopefully he keeps up the momentum- he's been doing poorly at daycare and I wonder if its because there are a bunch of new kids.

FR: No idea. Maybe teriyaki?

NRR: DH needed to sleep a while Saturday morning after getting off work so I took R furniture shopping in Wenatchee. We got stuck in a high pressure sales situation and I tried excusing myself because R was starting to show telltale signs of being ready for the nap. The sales lady said she wanted me to check out one more chair before I left. I had been doing a good job of keeping and eye on R and he had been behaving very well until he started getting tired. Anyways she started giving me the hard sell on a chair, and distracted me for a minute and R toppled a console table over onto himself and got pinned and bruised/scraped his thigh. They happily let me go after that. Luckily R wasn't hurt badly, and the furniture and lamps he knocked over didn't break. That store was overpriced- I conducted an experiment and asked for a price quote on a sofa that I already had a quote on from the store in my town, and it was $900 more at the store in Wenatchee! They were having a 1 day 22% off sale, so even on a big sale, the furniture would be more than if I ordered it through my local store.

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

superspike113

Honorary Old

RR2- I forgot about the other thing that happened this weekend- right at the end of our run on Saturday, Joan and I were running towards my house and the streetlights started shutting off around us and we heard this really loud noise- a substation 2 blocks away had a failure and we saw this crazy electrical arc in the sky- the whole sky was purple like lightning and there was smoke. A powerline fell down and it knocked out the substations and power for our whole town and the 2 neighboring cities. Luckily, my DH is a flashlight nerd and we have like 20 of them at home, and I was wearing my headlamp while running.

zorbs- I have been enjoying staying in condo-like accomodations when I travel so I can cook at least some meals for myself, I get the same problem with feeling crappy and lethargic when I eat out that much. Ha, I'm damn near dwindled down to no running. I just don't feel like doing ANYTHING lately.

runnergirl- it is impossible for me to stay awake at night unless I sleep a ton during the day. I'm dang near narcoleptic once the sun goes down. Glad you had a good conference, did you take R with you? Does that class count as continuing ed for your certifications?

Ernie- I don't envy the diaper you will be changing today. R is like that with spaghetti. That FR sounds tasty!

CA- how tall are you? At my lowest I was 124 (5'5"), but my boobs shrank way down and I looked kinda gaunt and bony in my face, neck, collarbone area, and my abs never got flat, so I figured What's the point? I bet R would like Happy Feet. I usually buy movies, because with R, if he likes a movie he wants to watch it 20x in a row so if he likes it, I would have to buy it after renting it.

mzm- those are pretty big words! I have to translate for DH and others because I spend more time with him and know his speech patterns better. I'm going to have to remember to put out the garbage can at my new house- in the city, you just leave your can in the alley 24/7.

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

spike - M is always telling us what O can and can't do because she's a baby - she's in for some hard times soon as O is almost a toddler and will be getting to do more big girl things.  Glad R didn't get hurt badly at the store!  That sales lady sounds super annoying.  I'm 5'4", On my mom's side the women are very petite and I have their bone structure - my mom weighed under 100 lbs before she had babies (she's shorter than I am though), my dad's side the women are bigger boned with big boobs, I got the boobs from that side, but not the bone structure.

nolamama

CQTM

Morning Ladies!!

First off, congrats to all you Richmond finishers!! I creepily internet stalked your results yesterday...for those of you that I know your names.

YAY RG!! Congrats!!

zorbs: when was the last time you took a whole week off running?

RG: YAY again! How was the conference?

Ernie: what race did you run yesterday?

CA: how long until your marathon?

mrszm: are you finding out the sex?  Your FR sounds delicious. the TM sounds like a much better option than running around with flying trash.

spike: I would have been dying, too, listening to that.

superspike113

Honorary Old

Good morning, NOLA!   Luckily, Dammit is the worst word he's picked up so far, but DH drops fbombs indiscriminately, so I'm just waiting for him to get into trouble with his prudish Mormon daycare lady.

nolamama

CQTM

RR:  Running at gym today for a total of 34 minutes. I'm guessing I'll get at least 3 miles in. I went over 3 on Saturday and I feel ok.

TR:  Hung out with a bunch of other kids on Saturday and now she has green snot again. Hoping it is nothing. I would like to try to get through the rest of the year without her having to stay home.

FR: Didn't take anything out of the freezer. Argh.

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

Nola - marathon is Dec 1, just under 2 weeks away!  Awesome that you're back up to 3 miles!!  Hope you can stay healthy, I'm paranoid that someone in our house will get sick in the next 2 weeks.

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

rg - you. ran. on. a. TM. *dies* When i worked for a big chain gym, they would give us junk to eat at staff meetings and all the trainers would stare at the food, watching to see who would crack first and eat some.

ernie - that sausage/potato thing sounds delish! I might steal it for this week. It was crazy windy driving through NY just outside of Buffalo and pouring rain as we went over the skyway.  I was chatting with C last night and his power went out, but he managed to come back online using UPS backup and ipad.

CA - well we couldn't find any grocery stores where we were either, so no packing healthy food.  I have my week planned out so I probably won't go crazy not running.

mrszm - the cat survived and has been returned, but she is hiding in a kitty bed and not eating her lunch, which is unusual.  She usually vacuums up food in 2 seconds.

spike - in the past I have enjoyed staying at hotels with kitchenettes too..but this trip we just went with the cheapest hotels we could find.

nola - to be honest, I've never taken a week off running, except 10 days after I had B.

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

http://runningskirtsandmanicures.blogspot.ca/ 

Erniegirl

zorbs - Good luck with the week off running! I always feel desperate for fruit/veggies after being on the road. Even if I pack some, I still feel gross, just from sitting in the car that long. Luckily the skyway was open....it gets closed sometimes for high winds, doesn't it?

rg - How were the TM runs? You pretty much never run on a tm, right? Glad the conference was useful! Yuck on that long drive through the night. I hope you're able to get a nap today!

CA - I think you are being very smart playing it safe and warding off injuries! Wow on the weight loss. Totally awesome that you had two kids and are now fitter than ever!

mrszm - Perfect timing on that tm! It would not be fun running around amidst flying garbage.

spike - Hope you are able to find your mojo! LOL at R changing his trucks and saying dammit. S keeps putting a doll on the potty and saying "psst", except she always put the doll head first into the potty...so hopefully she does not try to do the same thing with her own head, ha ha.

nola - I did a 10 mile race yesterday. Sounds like things are going well with your running comeback! Usually the green snot is the tail end of a cold, so hopefully dd is healthy in no time and doesn't pass it to you!

5k - 20:46          10k - 41:27         10 mile - 1:15:32          Half marathon - 1:39:15