Womens Running

Wowzers it's the Weekend already (Read 11 times)

Anonymous Guest

I was up and out the door early today for the 5k beginner group. Was looking around and none of my runners showed, just the walkers. Switched to walk mode on my watch, the faster runners took off (I take t he slower group), then the group of walkers with me and the other coach because it was a bigger group. Along comes a girl that I hadn't seen in the group before - she started while we were in Big Bend. And she was running, so I left the other coach with the walkers and ran up to her. We were only running 1.75 miles today, so I ended up running it all with her. She was really nice and w chatted the whole time. She has had some back and achilles problems and is trying to get back into running longer distances. Made me happy.

After the group was done, I was itching to get some more miles in because it is absolutely gorgeous out this morning. So I ran another 4 at the park before heading home. Planning on another 3 this evening with my Beef Team friends that are meeting up to do a virtual 5k. I didn't sign up for the race, but I'm going to go run with them anyway.

I need to take a shower and then do some serious cleaning, but I think I'll hang out with my Riley on my lap for just a little bit longer.

Judy, scary on the carbon monoxide - glad you and DC are both okay!

Kathryn, sounds like the ankle is starting to work a little better.

Damaris, gravity was neither one of our friends this week.

Margaret, this from yesterday - sounds like a successful trip (the one to Big Bend, not over the hose) - made me laugh. Hope the 25k is fun and conditions aren't too bad.

Lori, Susan might be on to something with the sleep contributing to the low HR.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

Thanks for the feedback ladies. I will look into possibility of a sleep study. I think my doctor mentioned that my heart didn't stop so that's why no pace maker is needed (Yay). I track my HR with my Garmin and even at work if I'm sitting quietly for a long period it will register a 30 sometimes.  I'm definitely not sleeping then even though I want to. Lol. However I never sleep well so a study might be plausible.

5 miles today.

Lori

*it's Bertha or me. My money is on me.*

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

Karen, good on your miles and enjoy tonight's too.

Lori, sleep apnea is freaky, hope that's not the case.  An old BF had it, yikes.

Ankle is indeed improving.  No run today, BUSY day at work.  Vaccine clinic tomorrow but will try for a few miles after.

That is my day.

K

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024

Half Crazy K 2.0

It was pouring this morning, so 25 minutes on the spin bike + core. It's finally cleared up, just in time for sunset.

AnonymousGuest, sounds like a good morning for the run club.

BerthaSlayer, the 30 while sitting seems on the low side. Any chance with the Garmin it's loose and contributing to weird readings?

KatS, good news that the ankle is improving Sprains can take a while.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I ran my first LR of two of the weekend, 14, way behind Dave's pace. I haven't run 14 in more than a year.

Karen, great morning for a club run.

Lori, nice 5.

Kat, glad the ankle is doing better.

HCK, great workouts.

Damaris

Happy weekend, all!  I did 25k today, a benefit for the Bay Area Ridge Trail.  A very small, low key, noncompetitive event with fabulous homemade Indian food at the finish line.  Expected rain all day but there were only a few showers.  Despite photo ops, I was first place female finisher.  There were no prizes, just a finisher's shirt and bandana.  And did I mention the food?

Karen, good that you had a baby runner today.  And nice weather.  Team Beef meet up sounds fun.

Lori, hopefully you get some answers about the heart issue.

Kat, yay for ankle improving.

HCK, Damaris - nice workouts!

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

Anonymous Guest

Margaret, congratulations on the overall win!

Looks like lots of good running out there this weekend.

The Beef get together was fun. Ended up just walking as nobody wanted to run as several of them raced 5ks in the morning. I may have gotten a Hennepin pacer or crew out of it (she said she'd do either but is much slower than me, I said not slower than me at 3 am!). And had a very one-sided conversation with a girl who thinks very highly of herself, telling me how glad the people in her age group were that she aged up this past year. I don't think she realized that I am in her former age group and at least 10 minutes faster than her in a 5k. Third place is usually at least 5 minutes faster than her. But okay.

Anyway, ran 8 easy this morning. After not running Monday through Thursday, I crammed 20 miles into the last three days for a decent cutback week. Next week is busy with doctor appointments for me and follow up vet visits for Riley, plus potentially going up to Dallas to buy DH a Jeep he really wants. I'm gonna have to work hard to get the miles in - how do you working people get everything done?

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Half Crazy K 2.0

10 miles this morning. Warm out--wore shorts and was never even cilly. I even had to stop to buy a water.

Docket, nice 14. Is there a reason your coach has you do a long run followed by the medium long one? I've done it the opposite way in the past, like 90 minutes or so on Saturday followed by 3 hours on Sunday.

GatsbyBird, congrats on the win! Yum, Indian food. The place we've been getting it from must have been cooking it this morning when I wass finishing my long run. That little area always has something that smells good--sometimes it's the BBQ place or the pizza place. It always makes me hungry.

AnonymousGuest, did the one do smaller races so usually at the top of the AG?

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

No idea. But 10/14 or 10/16 feels harder than what she is giving me 10/14 or 10/16, IMO.

10 done.

Damaris

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

Congratulations Margaret!!!!

9.9 miles today

Lori

*it's Bertha or me. My money is on me.*

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

GatsbyBird, CONGRATS !!! 

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns