Womens Running

Try to make it Thursday - Supermoms (Read 25 times)

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

Thinking I might head out to lulu this morning and look for an outfit for my 30K and marathon.  Also, WF is nearby, and all the WF talk lately is making me want expensive salad bar for lunch.

becky - that's exactly what I was thinking when B was screaming..however, it was 1 tantrum, not one after the other.  Is there an open bar at the  award ceremony?  Unfortunately, G still thinks I am being overly dramatic about daycare lady. I told him if it was a couple isolated incidents, I'd get over it, but I am constantly walking on eggshells around her and once in awhile she completely throws me for a loop (like the snow day pronouncement) and I'm so shocked that I can't even be civil in reply.

bermy - I have the gap jeggings and they are great.  Not the horrible elastic waist like some jeggings.  Gas - I usually pay at the pump but if the pump screws up I pay inside and I lock B in the car while doing it.  Oh and I agree that snow is WAY easier to run in than cold rain.

ernie - oh I definitely caught the man cold, but I have sucked it up and persevered throughout, not 2 days of moaning like DH!  He was shocked that I still went running this morning (he really should not be surprised by such things anymore).

rg - I thought about putting duct tape over the shoe tops like I'd read..but settled for wearing the best socks for the job, smartwool.  They're not as wicking as the Drymax, bu the wool allows your feet to actually warm up again after being soaked.

jen - sorry, no advice.  wow, you are speedy. I'd be dead at sub 7:30/mile.

shelby - how common is passing out/puking in your line of schooling? do people make fun of you for awhile if it happens? I work MWF at the gym and teach piano TuWTh. So B goes to daycare MF mornings only, Tu & Th afternoons only and W he is there all day.  DH picks him up in the afternoon when I am at piano.

mer - yes, I think back with nostalgia when bathtime was actually pleasant and fun.

cx2 - I'd almost rather have an actual hangover, at least those are easy to get rid of.

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

http://runningskirtsandmanicures.blogspot.ca/ 

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

xposts:

mrszm - my fave lulu item are skirts, I've lost count of how many I own. Also tights and the classic groove pant.  The tops are hit and miss with me, and I like my one lulu jacket that doesn't have fussy details like ruffles and ass flaps.

arm - yeah my cold feet yesterday made the rest of my body have chills.

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

http://runningskirtsandmanicures.blogspot.ca/ 

mrszackmorris

rr update: forced myself on the tm and managed to get in 3.1 before c woke up.

zorbs: i wore my smartwools to run in slush the other night and while they were wet, my feet weren't freezing. at least your dh got to witness a b metldown.

becky: hope you can stay awake for the awards. i own 1 pair of green shorts. love them, but nearly impossible to match with except black. i tried really hard last night to convince dh to take advantage of your condo. he has some tax forms that need to be out on the 15th, so he said it's not possible. i told him i'd gladly go with just the kids!

bermy: i hate you and your perfect jeans!! Wink maybe i'll have to go try the jeggings on there. yup, all this whole foods talk has me wanting to make the drive. luckily my sister lives right there so i can make her go with me!

ernie: we got dumped with 13 inches tuesday into wednesday. i haven't driven since then, but i bet the trees do look pretty Smile

rg: how fun your mom is coming again. just for the weekend?

jen: i guess i don't understand how a 16 month old is supposed to know that it is "quiet/solo time." the not wanting to play with something for more than a few seconds sounds like a typical toddler to me. i'd like to be a fly on the wall to see what the other kids are doing. as for the things he is doing that he knows he shouldn't be doing, i think they need to figure that out. they have to have some sort of discipline system even if it is words or removing him from the situation. does he do that kind of stuff at home? great run!!

shelby: crossing my fingers you don't pass out! Wink have fun with the iv's! you most definitely deserve a rest day!

mer: glad you had a good day by yourself. what book are you reading? gonna start the book thief this week for our book club with friends.

cx2: i would wait and see if your dr has any concerns. has your nanny nannied a lot of kids; perhaps she will have an opinion too. every time i start to worry about c not doing something he does it in the next day or two.

arm: how great your mom is staying with you and through spring break. where are you headed? mmm...your breakfast for dinner sounds delicous! good luck with your matches!

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

RR - maybe something, not sure, MIL isn't coming over today (because she's watched at least one kid of ours every other day this week), and DH is running hills tonight.  So it's either stroller run, or if the nap gods smile, then a treadmill run.

TR - home and as charming and entertaining as ever.  She cried when gma left Sad  It was so sweet that I gave her ice cream (frozen yogurt) to make her feel better.

BR - dr says it's not thrush, I don't know.  She says the pain should go from my nipple and radiate through the breast, but it is just in my nipple. I think the clog is worked out, there are no hard lumps but that boob still hurts and my nipple is really sore - though there is also a crack in it from all this fun.  I have grapefruitseed extract as an anti fungal and coconut oil to soothe, plus I think I'll fill the Rx today incase - she gave me a pill form antifungal not a topical one - which I thought was strange, but this dr was a bit sketchy - she is a locum, and was looking up what the meds were for this stuff on the computer while we were talking.  Oh and she wrote the Rx to Olivia not me, so I'm going to need the pharmacist to call the dr's office to confirm and get the billing right.

FR - pot roast in slow cooker, for real this time, it's already on.

NRR - taking both girls to M's music class, and rushing now to eat, get dressed and get us out the door.

5k - 22:56        10k - 46:13          HM - 1:45:39          FM - 3:57:03

Blog: http://terryruns.wordpress.com/

Marathonjen

Shelby – Great job on the stroller run.  Glad you get to rest your legs today after all the miles you have been doing.  Don’t pass out with the IV training today.  Ugh…I hate blood and hospitals make me want to pass out.

Mer – Glad you had a good snow day and a great night with J.  Good luck getting your run in today.  We do timeouts at home but they can’t do them at school so they are looking for other suggestions from us.  Don’t really know what to tell them.

Ernie – Just pizza with turkey pepp, mushrooms, olives and onions.  He definitely wants more attention but they always give it to him so he expects it and then when it is time for solo play he just can’t do it.

CTimes – I hope the nanny and C get along well.  Not sure about the sitting thing.  So she can sit if you prop her but not put herself into a seated position?  Maybe mentioning it to her doctor at her next visit wouldn’t hurt.  Sorry the rental deal fell through…that stinks.

Mrszm – Sorry you are tired and burned out.  I like your QOTD as I would like to know the same thing.  I also want to order some stuff from Athleta…maybe even a swimsuit…if I ever wear one.  C is being protective of his bagel.  Funny J and I share a mini bagel every morning!

Bermy – Can you explain what you mean…I am willing to try.  Are you saying if he is whining for attention to give it to him?  The problem with that at daycare is they have 2 teachers for 8 kids and they can’t just focus on him.  At home we only focus on him and I think that is why he struggles at daycare.  Thoughts?

Arm – Hope you get a nice afternoon run in.  You are so active with running and tennis.  I hope L has fun with grandma this morning.   Thanks for the suggestions with J.  We try to ignore naughty things and redirect but sometimes he keeps going back…he is stubborn.  I will definitely give him attention for good things and not for naughty things…that makes a lot of sense.

Mrszm#2 – So daycare always tells me about how J tips chairs over, climbs on them, etc.  Well when I was picking him up the other day the daycare directors daughter and another little boy were doing the SAME thing.  So I felt so much better that it isn’t just my kid…but sometimes they make me feel bad and like it is not normal toddler behavior.  I know they aren’t purposely doing that I just get worried that my kid is the bad kid.  He does that stuff once in awhile but not often.  When he does it at home there are consequences and he knows it so it becomes less and less.  At school there are no consequences and keeps doing it.

CA – Hope you get your run in today.  I’ll pray the nap god are good to you.  Glad M had fun with grandma.  Good news on no thrush but it definitely sounds like your doctor is nuts.  Definitely get the patients name right on the prescription.

CTimesTwo

jen - yep, C has been able to sit since 4 months, but we've been trying to encourage her to get herself into sitting without us putting her in that position...

ca - sorry about the sore boob still... C barely nursed last night and i thought my one side was going to explode this morning... hope you manage to get a run in today!

mrsz - glad you were able to squeeze in a run!

becky - love breaky for dinner!  Except DH hates breakfast so i rarely have it as a dinner...

mer - have yet to figure out why the karadashians are famous... we don't have cable anymore but i used to love watching Real housewives of the OC..

sorry for the spotty personals... C is up from her nap!

superspike113

Honorary Old

RR: 4 easy miles with the stroller last night, SRD today. Its raining today, glad I'm missing that, and the forecast is for 60* F tomorrow! Can we say shorts?!

BR: Wanted me to talk to him constantly in the stroller last night as in  R: "Mooommeeeee", Me: "What honey?" R: <Unintelligible gibberish> Doggy! Choo choo <Gibberish> Me: Yeah honey, that's great. Then repeat that every 5 seconds. The last few blocks he kept leaning forward then slamming back, then 2 blocks from home announced that he had to poop, so I sprinted home with the stroller and we luckily made it in time to get him on the potty. He's about 75% poop trained now, not pee trained at all.  He also did the ridiculous crying at 2 am again- I went and rocked him for 15 min and he flipped out when I put him back to bed, but I chose to put a pillow over my head and ignore it. He survived so I guess we are good LOL. My little boy is like that nursery rhyme about the little girl with the chocolate curl- when he is good, he is very very good, but when he's bad, he's naughty.

FR: Randomness from the fridge- a crab cake, salad with bleu cheese, and a chicken taco. Roasted a chicken last night but was too hungry to wait.  Going out to dinner tonight, but don't know where yet- DH is making the plans.

NRR: Was supposed to go bowling tonight, but come to find out the bowling alley only has non-league play on weekends, so we are figuring out something else to do. The friends we are going out with make for lively conversation so dinner and drinks might be enough to entertain us all night.

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

superspike113

Honorary Old

zorbs- I hate nyquil/benadryl hangovers.  Is DH over his man-sickness?

Becky- C looked so handsome in that pic you posted on FB. I looked at the Lulu stuff online and the colors were too Easter Egg-y for me. TitleNine has some green stuff on their site right now, and I found a cool site called www.teamestrogen.com yesterday that has a good selection.

Bermy- as in Posh Spice? If the accusation comes along with a night with David Beckham, take it. :P

Ernie- I have been letting R do something HE wants to do for about 10 minutes before we go in the stroller- usually running around outside and playing on his big ride-on firetruck toy, and it really helps.

runnergirl- have fun with your mom!

Jen- If they can't do time outs, what the hell do they do for discipline? No wonder the kids are misbehaving, there are no consequences!  Does he ever play independently at home? I'm wondering if they started him out with constant interaction and now that he's in a different room its a different structure and J doesn't know what he is supposed to do? Maybe he will do better when he can play outside. Sometimes R won't really play by himself if I just turn him loose- I kind of have to get him started by interacting with him and the toys for a few minutes, then he will continue on his own when I walk away. If I don't do that then he doesn't really know what to do and will ask to watch a movie.  I could eat pizza daily, but don't for waistline/vanity reasons LOL.

shelbyjo- IVs are a good skill to have. I think DH has his IV tech from when he worked on the ambulance/emergency room. He has his EMT and then some additional training that makes him equivalent to either an LPN or a MA I think. DH has always wanted to do one of those infusions when people are too mangled/bled out to get a vein where you jab it into their shin bone, gross. I have AF too, blehhh.

Mer- I went on major food kicks when I was preggo. One of them was biscuits and gravy, and another was french toast.

cx2- what are C's stats for height/weight/head size? R was always in the 10-25% for height and weight and 95%ile for head size, so I think he was really top heavy and it was hard for him.

mzm- I hate busy weekends like that. I like my weekends lazy and plan-less. I only have one Lulu item so far- Get up and Glow tights. They are super comfy but not very warm, so I only wear them if its not windy and 30* and above.

armama- I make breakfast for dinner pretty often- usually frittattas.

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

runninmer

Too funny....I got an e-mail from Gap about their spring styles and decided to quick look and see if they have maternity swimwear (nope).  So I Googled it, checked a couple sites, came back here, and the ad at the top was for the maternity site I was on!  Gotta love the Internet!  I always tell my students when talking about privacy, cookies, etc., that Facebook knew I was pregnant before my family did!  Ha!

Upcoming Races: 

Gazelle Girl 1/2 Marathon 4/13 - 1:48:46

superspike113

Honorary Old

CA- glad its not thrush. I would occasionally get really painful nipples, but honestly I'm starting to forget a lot of that stuff now that R has been weaned for 8 mos. Sad about M crying when gma left- that's how R is with his godmother. He is going to crap his pants when he sees her tonight, its been almost 2 weeks!

Jen- I think that your daycare person is just giving you too much information. It just sounds to me like J is being a toddler. Jody only tells me when R does something noteworthy- like have a really bad day and get into trouble for pulling hair multiple times, or poop on the floor, or almost fall 5 feet off a yard toy.

superspike113

Honorary Old

Mer- Yes you have to be careful about that- I've been seeing all the purchases I've been looking at taunt me in the ads on this website. Keep an eye on Zulily, they seem to get nice maternity clothes.   The tankinis at Kohls look pretty cute: http://www.kohls.com/catalog/women-swim-oh-baby-by-motherhood.jsp?CN=3000000020+4294873953

Marathonjen

Spike - LOL on the conversation with R in stroller.  That is my morning drive to daycare.  J says mama...I say what and then he babbles.  He likes when I ask him to repeat words so that is what we do on our way.  Enjoy your rest day!  I hope you guys have a fun night out tonight despite not getting to bowl.  Yes, J will play independently at home.  Most of the time he will sit with his books and flip through them or play with toys.  You are right, they give him attention all the time and then when they try to transition him he doesn't know what to do.  We sometimes have to start playing with him to get him to play alone but usually not.  I told them to try any discipline measure they can think of and just to let me know what it is and if they see an improvement.  I asked if my child was horrible and they said no but they need to inform parents of issues they see as it is a liability thing.  (since he is climbing on shelves, chairs, hitting, etc).  It was funny because the daycare director said..."try being the director of the daycare and the teachers are telling you your child is a terror!"  LOL...she made me feel better.

mrszackmorris

mer: i just rocked my regular bikini the summer I was pregnant with c. and a sporty 2 piece at the y when i swam laps.

runninmer

I talked with DH about that and he is very funny about a bare belly showing.  He thinks commercials that show it are inappropriate!  (That's his mom in him coming out!!). Anyway I feel like I have to respect that.  With all the time we spend near the water in the summer, a suit will be necessary for me.

mer: i just rocked my regular bikini the summer I was pregnant with c. and a sporty 2 piece at the y when i swam laps.

Upcoming Races: 

Gazelle Girl 1/2 Marathon 4/13 - 1:48:46

strollermama

Didn't pass out.  And I even took some supplies home to practice on DH over spring break.

arm:  I hear TRX is a great workout!  I would love to try.  I think the gym does a class but its at a wierd time.

zorbs:  People sometimes pass out during surgical rotations, not ususally here at school.

CA:  What is a locum?  Does O have any signs of thrush?  Why did she write for an anti-fungal if she doesn't think its trush?  I hope you get some relief from the pain!

jen:  Maybe he is just copying the other kids.  Does he do it at home or just day care?

spike:  So cute about the stroller convo.  Can't wait till H can say mommy.  And yes, those lines are called interosseous lines and are pretty cool.  You get to use a drill to do it.  I have done it on a manequin but not a real person.

5k - 21:32  FM - 3:27:40