Womens Running

Tropical Tuesday (Read 12 times)

Anonymous Guest

Supposed to hit 90 here today. We may have to turn on the a/c for the first time since fall.

I drove over to a park to try to find a flatter area to do a tempo workout. It was hot and it sucked. I ended up running from one park to another - turns out the first park is flatter. Good to know for next time, although a one-mile long path will mean lots of out and backs.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning! I have 7 with the 1234321 workout later. Deposition at 2pm so prepping for it most of the day.

Damaris

Half Crazy K 2.0

Not tropical here. Cold and rainy. Icky. 6 on the treadmill because I was not going out in that.

AnonymousGuest,  90? Ugh. I here you on trying to find flat places to run. I need a flat loop.

Docket, enjoy the workout. Is it a varying pace one where the shortest intervals are faster than 5k and longest are around 10k?

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I think so. There is no way I could hit the 1 minute pace in the 4 minutes (or even 2) and IMO, if I do them all at the 4 minute pace the shorter ones won't have the same effect.

Damaris

Warm here too.  I watered my garden during lunch.

Spin class was really good this morning. I had some great thinking, sweated, and then it was done.

Although my monthly mileage is probably less than y'all's weekly mileage, I ran more in February so I see that as a win.

Work continues to be a horrible suck. Just when I think it's leveled out, it gets worse. I requested a document for military retirement (which would add to my civilian retirement), which may take a couple of months to get back. Once I receive it, I'm setting a date. Or if she really pisses me off, I may just hit the send button tomorrow. Last Friday one of my coworkers was in/near tears and called me 3x bc she just couldn't take it anymore. Just ridiculous.

Hey my federal employee friends--are you allowed 15 minute breaks in morning and afternoon? Just wondering.

Going to a quilting seminar the rest of the week. Surprised she didn't cancel my leave. I would go anyway.

Happy Tuesday!

Not too tropical here!  Cold and raining all morning.  Trying to figure out when to run.  Have speedwork on the schedule, and I'd rather not do it face first into a rainy headwind.  Just ate lunch, will try to get out early afternoon and hope for the best.

CrazySue, we technically get 15 minute breaks in the morning and afternoon, and 30 minutes for lunch.  But no one is checking, we work full time from home and it's pretty much honor system.  As long as we're getting our work done, no one is nit-picking.  I'd raise it with HR if you think you are not getting the breaks you're entitled to.  They could tell you what you should be getting.

Karen, ugh, 90 sounds miserable.  Don't think I would have managed a workout in those conditions.

HCK, I'm in the cold and rainy club here too.  But I don't have a TM.

Damaris, good luck with the depo and workout.

I'm weather stalking for Monument Valley 50k on Saturday.  There's probably doing to be snow during the week but at least not on Saturday.  Will be interesting since I don't know anything about running in snow.

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

It's 6C today so definitely tropical.

5k for me on the tm.

Hck... regarding your "breathing corpse"... is that a yoga position? I'm thinking it could be the position where you lie on your back?

Lori

*it's Bertha or me. My money is on me.*

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**

Half Crazy K 2.0

It's 6C today so definitely tropical.

5k for me on the tm.

Hck... regarding your "breathing corpse"... is that a yoga position? I'm thinking it could be the position where you lie on your back?

Yea, that's what it was. Whenever I dod the yoga or mobility workouts that have speaking in them, I am almost always turned off by it. I did one a few months ago and I can't remember exactly what she said, but it was something about expanding your heart, to which I talk back to the TV saying that sounds dangerous.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Hey my federal employee friends--are you allowed 15 minute breaks in morning and afternoon? Just wondering.

We are supposed to but they are not set. If I need to go and buy coffee or a donut or whatever, I go. But I'm an attorney, so not sure if someone will complain if the staff goes (I doubt it). From what I heard, we used to have 1 hour lunches, then were told it would be 30 minutes with two 15 minute breaks during the day, and now everybody has 30 minute lunches and if someone disappears for a bit in the mornings and afternoons, no one cares. So I guess we have it? But it's like an untold secret.

Who can fucking get lunch and eat it in 30 minutes? I've always ignored that, but with my position that works more than 40 hours a week, no one cares if I do or not.

Damaris

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

We have two 9 minute breaks and a 22 minute lunch. So....pfffft

But I don't have a government job

Lori

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

Lori, two NINE minute breaks and a TWENTY-TWO  minute lunch???  Just wrong.  How many hours in your work day??

On weekdays I get a 90 minute lunch, unpaid.  On weekends I get no lunch, hoping for enough time in-between pets to scarf down bits of a sandwich at the busy clinics.  Unfortunately it is common not to get a lunch in the veterinary field, and then stay hour(s) late.

DAMN hot here, 90 tomorrow and Thurs.

Brief crappy run earlier then a rather painful tattoo session.  Zapped me.

Happy Tuesday to you lovelies.

K

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I hate bringing lunch to work (I like to go out and buy something), but 22 minutes leaves you with no choice.

Damaris

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

I work 8 hour shifts

Lori