Womens Running

Freaky Fridailies!!! (Read 24 times)

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

Cause I'm a freak!!

Nervous, excited, panicked, you name it...

POST 'EM

K

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

From yesterday...

Kathy, Cancun wedding, sweet.  I'm not a quilter, but we welcome all subjects!

HCK, are you doing the half or full?  Good luck!!!

Tessa, enjoy your WFH day.

Diane, have a blast tomorrow.  I look forward to hearing about it.

Lizzie, my friends got tracking to work on an Android.  One on an iPhone wasn't getting it to download while we were at work.  How did your run go?

Ginny, HI!!!

Lori, nice to be able to run with your friend.  I always feel guilty slowing them down.

Cathy, hope the TM miles went well.  You did more than I did yesterday.

Sandy, oooooh Sandy!  I hope you and RB's flights are uneventful and on time.  Are you two running the race together?  I'm all keyed up.

So, as the title says, FREAKY!!!  I am a freak currently.  My friends agree.  OK, the one called me a weirdo.  Can't argue there.  Up at 2am and at the airport with a touch over an hour till we go.  Then a very short connection in Houston to DC.  If the gates are far away, I will be running.

Up in the air as to how things will go Sunday.  I better kick it up a notch as I have a bunch of people tracking me.

Guess that is it for now.

Kathryn

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

Crap, pretty sure I won't make my connection, different terminals and I only have something like 20 min to board.  Hells Bells.  Pissed off.

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

8.2 for me this morning!

I had 10 scheduled...but A) I didnt feel like it LOL and B) I realized yesterday I actually have 4 weeks inbetween races..so I am just doing what i feel like this week. Plus I popped a cold sore last night - which is my bodies way of saying SLOW DOWN. I will start adding mileage in next week. I think my one and only long run will be next week..I like when there is only one! Smile

COLD out there this morning..but no complaints from me. I need to bust out the gloves...we are supposed to get warmer this weekend but then going back down next week. Its too early to weather stalk for Richmond...

Hoping for a quick day today! Excited that tomorrow is HCBF's and I's one year! WOW. This time last year I was excited to go to work so I could talk to him Smile Now look at us! I think tomorrow we are just going to spend the day together. He wants to recreate our first date. Except we are going to add a visit to Shyndigz (MY CAKE PLACE) for dessert. Smile

Sandy - Driving 2 hours to meet you wouldn’t have been a big deal at all. Please tell me you are going to check out baked and wired! BEST CUPCAKES EVER. Have a safe flight today!! Sounds like you are ready! So exciting! OH NO on your friend..below the knee amputation..that is awful Sad

Run4kupcakes - Good luck this weekend!!! Weather shouldn’t be too bad.

HuronHeart - Oh man, sorry about the work troubles! You need to run long Smile That always helps. Cute idea about the quilt! A wedding in Cancun?! AWESOME. I would move to MI..haha. I would move anywhere North.

Kathryn - Have a safe flight today! I will get the tracking to work! I thought I saw that you didn’t need to download anything. I will check the download too. WOOHOO SO EXCITING!!! Don’t stress about the connection yet..those things are never on time..so there is still a chance you can make the connection.

Have a great Friday everyone! I am wearing my Milwaukee Marathon gear today...I am doing my best to accept it! Smile

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Have you ever been irked having to wear a bra all day? Men have it easy in that respect. 

Thursday was very busy so I ended up doing a 40 minute cardio dvd and yoga. It was a really busy day what with the cut & color thing, grocery, etc..

Today is yoga class and meditation class and 3 other classes then off to a bookstore. Then home to collapse. 

Safe and happy runs, All! 

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

I made it!!  Woot woot I made it.  Even time for a potty break.

Kilmisters

Thank you, everyone, K is doing great, better than expected! She apparently decided to wait thru the Amsterdam HM, then two first games, and 3 hours after the second one decide it's time Smile

''What will happen if I run up the hills? Ah, volcano muscle soreness!!'' (c) Margaret

''Who needs quads anyway!?'' (c) Damaris

I was a bum.  IDK what was up with Skye last night.  She kept waking up barking.  I think she was mad because Jake was sleeping in her space and wouldn't budge. I walked them this morning.  Need to do core this afternoon.

Elina--I can't believe you did a HM and floorball so pregnant!  Congrats again and I'm glad y'all are both doing well.

Huron -- Love the pattern.  Like a Lemoyne Star? You will have to share a pic when you are finished.

Kat-Yay! You made your connection!! Good luck at MCM! Is Sandy running it too??  Have fun!!

Gotta get--my boss wants to have a 0800 update on my project. On a Friday. Ugh

dhuffman63

Trails

Guess I am too Kat...same here.  Woke up this morning worrying about "did I pack it".  Good luck and have fun!  every body at work thinks I'm crazy for doing this...even the guy who did 2 marathons and then quit.

Elina, maybe just maybe she got tired of the bouncing around and decided to take matters into her own hands...lol.  She's beautiful.

HCK, good luck.  I'm not sure what you are racing...never saw posts after I went home for the day and busy at night.

Cathy you did more than I have all week.  Good thing I plan on mostly just walking this.

Karen I still have your plan and gods willing I want to try and do better in the training dept next year.

Cancun...nice for a wedding.  A friend did Key West and the pics were beautiful. Enjoy it Kathy.

Congrats Lizzie on 1 year.  I remember how anxious you were as to whether it would work out or not.  So glad it did and you two seem happy together.  Have a nice anniversary.

DH and I will be married 12 years on Tues but we have been together for 15. It doesn't feel like that at all.  Like it was just a few years ago.  Things are getting better.

Sandy so sorry for your friend.  Good luck at MCM!

Judy...all.the.time.  If I throw hay to the horses in the morning I get hay in my bra and it itches all day.  Hate wearing them.

Well off to put stuff in the car and start really stressing.  Since I'll be driving thru Vinita I'm having lunch with DH on the way down.  Hi everyone...

Half Crazy K 2.0

Off today. I'm using my vacation days this week for some really fun stuff. Wednesday was for the dishwasher installation, today is to take my car in for regular service. The plus side to the car service is that my favorite cupcake store is less than 1 mile away. So I'll be passing the time by going to Target and then cupcakes & cookie dough. I'm doing the half tomorrow. Not really a goal race, my plan had called for 13 with a fast finish, so this just seemed like a good idea at the time. Plus, DH has one of his friends coming over so they can watch college football all day.

KatS, glad you made the connection with time to spare. DH took the train to AC Wednesday and had 12 minutes between trains. I had asked if that was enough and he was like "of course". There was a medical emergency on the way to Philly, so he got to run to catch the other train.

Seloc

Diane - how are the ants in the pants today?  Safe travels today and have a great race!!

Tessa - nice lunch miles.  Hooray for WFH today!  Nice to do on a Friday - especially after such a busy week!

HCK - good luck to you this weekend!!

HH - OMG that's a lot of driving around!  Core and Stability class doesn't have a shower?  With that kind of drive I'd be inclined to freshen up in the bathroom.  But, I'm not a fan for driving haha.  A wedding in Cancun sounds WONDERFUL!!

Kat - woohoo!  You should be almost there.  Happy you made the connection, too!  I've learned that if you buy it as one ticket (not 2 separate legs) they know the time you need even when it seems like it's been super tight!  I forget where I was going once and I even called the day of thinking I wouldn't make it but they assured me I would.  And, yep, walked right up to the gate and in line to board.  Worked slick.  Have fun in DC today and see you tomorrow!  WOOT!!

Lizzie - good girl on the 8!  Nice you have one more week between than you thought.  How are the legs?  And the niggles?  Oooh, I will have to remember the cake place.  My RB will be all over that.  And my sister!  SO EXCITED for your 1year with HCBF.  Yep yep, I was lurking back then and followed the love story from the beginning   Girl, you wear that MKE gear PROUD!!

Judy - LOL on the bra wearing.  Hey, who said you had to?  Make yourself comfortable, girl!!

Elina - OMG - 3 hours after the game?  And you never really looked like you had another hooman in there.  Did you shock/surprise and friends?  Hope you all are doing superb!!

Well, I had planned to go to TRX/Bells class this morning but was up late moving and woke up sore and tired.  Took a nap on the couch instead haha  Officially canceled flight to SFO for Ragnar.  Got full refund to apply to future trip within one year.  Pretty happy with that!  Playing on the Internet and drinking coffee here for a bit and head to airport mid-morning.  When I looked at the weather yesterday it's getting slightly more humid which is NOT my favorite.  Would be nbd to most of you but when dewpoints start creeping up into the high 50s that makes things rough for this chick.  Just hoping to have fun and enjoy the sites and race.  Have an awesome weekend everyone!

dhuffman63

Trails

Sandy not bad today since I'm at home and can actually get things done. I do still have that queasy feeling...lol. once it starts I settle down and just keep pushing forward.

Anonymous Guest

Huh. Turns out I never posted yesterday. I knew there was something missing in my life....

I'm going out for a super easy 5-6 in a bit. Temps and dew point have been creepy back up but still nothing awful, with another cold front coming through on Sunday. Our 90 degree days are over! I ran 15 yesterday and it wasn't too awful, although it would have been better if I'd gone first thing in the morning instead of almost 10. Just an easy run today, a slow 11-12 tomorrow with my group and some speed work on Sunday to end my peak week of training. I am so ready for that.

Good luck and have a blast this weekend at your races Kat, Sandy, Diane and HCK!!

Liz, happy one year with HCBF! Did I ever tell you the story 24 years ago when I was kinda/sorta expecting a diamond ring for my birthday....and got spark plugs for my car? Yeah, that still wins most "worst present ever" contests, although DH likes to point out they were platinum spark plugs. He popped the question a few months later. Glad you went with less mileage today. I totally understand your frustration with the marathon - I still get a little peeved when I think about The Woodlands, and they ended up refunding my money. And it was a local race for me.

Kat, glad you made the connection! Have so much fun this weekend!

Judy, yes on the bra! In fact, I wear a lot of looser fit shirts these days so I don't have to wear one.

Elina, congratulations again! MiniK is just beautiful.

Susan, awwww, poor Skye. And poor you! Sounds like not getting up was the right call in that situation.

Diane, enjoy the experience (as much as one can enjoy at 50K that is). Proud of you!

HCK, having the time to do that kind of stuff is one of the nicest things about retirement. Enjoy the half tomorrow, sound like decent weather and that's usually a pretty fun race.

Sandy, advantage to living in TX, I guess? I didn't know you could "feel" humidity when the dew point was as low as the 50s. You're going to have a blast, enjoy!!

Okay, off to get things done. I've got a million phone calls and errands today that are not going to do themselves.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

RTurtles

Running with the Turtles

Happy Friday!  Best wishes to the racers this weekend!  I did my 1.5 miles last night, I did them outside because it was just too nice out.  I figured I would run on the flat trail across from my house and just do an out and back.  It worked out OK.  Foot was a little sore afterwards, the inside of the heel seemed a bit tender and swollen.  So something different.  Ugh.  Now I don't know if I should get it checked out!

Kat, I hope all goes well for you during the race!  Glad you made your connection!!

Lizzie, 8+ miles a week after your marathon is awesome!  Mr. Math hasn't run at all yet.    I hope you have a great one year anniversary!  DH said once that men don't like to propose on holidays or special occasions.  I don't know how true that is.     Wear the gear!  I think it's a cool shirt.     Visiting here in Jan or Feb is a good idea, give you a taste of our winter.     I am thinking that the novelty of it may seem kind of nice to you.  But it may also cement not coming back for him!    Our winter was actually pretty mild last year.  I am not sure what to expect this year!  Glad the Road ID app works well for you and HCBF.  I am guessing the race will do some sort of compensation.  Not that it matters that much for you!  They had a half marathon here and the first year it was unseasonably warm.  They ran out of water at the water stops!  People were dropping like flies.  A new management company took it over, they offered discounts for the next year and the run recovered.  Will be interesting to see if the Milwaukee Marathon recovers!  It would be nice, I've never run it and the course seems interesting, there's no other race here that takes you down those streets.

Judy, I do not wear a bra all day, I take it off once I get home.   Funny, 12 yo DD likes to wear a bra all the time, even sleeping.  She says it's comfortable.  It's pretty basic though, no wires or anything!    Then 9 yo DD started borrowing one of older sister's bras to wear, to try it out.  

Elina, it is pretty amazing how active you were right up until K was born!  BTW, I like the FB translations of the Latvian on your posts.  It comes up with some of the weirdest things!  

Diane, good luck this weekend!  You are a little crazy for doing it.    But I guess we are all a little crazy!

Kupcakes, sounds like a nice use of your vacation time.  I say that anything is better than working.  

Sandy, napping as a substitute for working out.    I know it takes me some time to recover after my sleep is disturbed!  Nice that you got the refund but bummer on the cancellation and the conditions out in CA.  Enjoy the race!  Should be a fun experience.  Make sure you say hi to everyone you see, haha.

Karen, spark plugs, haha.  That is almost as bad as a vacuum cleaner.  

HH-Kathy, hope things calm down at work!

Cathy

Half Crazy K 2.0

Ugh, it is warm out. Supposedly it's 70, but I was sweating my butt off walking to Target and the cupcake store. The cupcakes do appear to  have survived, icing seems intact. Does make it a bit easier for tomorrow-- I'm gonna skip bringing a bag, so I can do the race and immediately hop on light rail to go home.