Womens Running

Monday is here again Supermoms (Read 22 times)

runnergirl9508

I'm actually happy to see Monday this week Smile

RR: running up to the gym before training clients this morning, then running home after. total mileage will be 7-8 today.

TR: had a blast at the bday party for his cousin yesterday. it was held at a park, and the pavilion they reserved was right next to a playground, which was awesome for the kids. R played non-stop for the entire 3hrs we were there. His 2 year molars are coming in, so he's been gnawing on his fingers like crazy the past couple of days.

NRR: survived the weekend IL invasion. by Sunday morning though, I had pretty much had my fill, and spent a little time upstairs on my own. things went ok, thanks for all the well wishes last week, and for letting me vent about it!

I have to massively clean the house and catch up on laundry today

5K: 19:15       Half: 1:29:35       Marathon: 3:13:08

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

RR - 8.6K with 4K tempo.  Going to run just faster than easy pace as opposed to prescribed McMillan tempo pace.  My body is a MESS, every muscle hurts, I haven't gone to physio all summer due to lack of finances but I will definitely go this week!

RR#2 - DH took my advice to SLOW THE FACK DOWN on his runs, and lo and behold, ran 9K (new distance for him), felt great and could have kept going.  You don't say?!

TR - went to the bathroom and peed without any annoucement.  Also peed in public for the first time, he went at the baseball stadium bathroom.  Would not shut up about the Hot Wheels store and then on the way home from the ball game, would not shut up about wanting to see Jillian (cousin).

FR - noodles, veggies, tofu.

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

http://runningskirtsandmanicures.blogspot.ca/ 

Erniegirl

RR - SRD. I finally did get in a run yesterday, but it was a mere 4.1k with the stroller, while S screamed and thrashed the entire time and managed to get herself half out of the restraints. Horrible. I think my stroller running days are officially over.

TR - After DH and FIL finished the getting all the deck boards done and the railing up, they called S and I outside to check it out. S walked out on the new deck and declared "Cool!" We were dying laughing. She's never said that before!

NRR - I am up early to finish off and submit a bit of work, and then S and I are headed to Niagara Falls with my mom.

~~~~~

rg - Outdoor kids' birthday parties are the best. But since S is a February baby, I guess her parties will have to eventually involve skating or skiing if I want to do them outdoors. You must have been soooo happy to see the ILs leave! Is the massive cleanup just because you got behind on cleaning due to company, or did they make a big mess and not pick up after themselves?

zorbs - Peeing in a public washroom is huge! Your DH is so funny with his running ideas. Does he finally believe he's capable of racing 8k? Yikes, sounds like physio is definitely in order for you! Do your benefits at least partially cover it?

5k - 20:46          10k - 41:27         10 mile - 1:15:32          Half marathon - 1:39:15      

running eh

RR - 5ish easy today w. the stroller.  Had a great hilly 17 on Saturday, but my quads are still feeling it.  Is it still considered a recovery run two days later?  Will fit in some more yoga today.

RR#2 - feeling a little guilty about Richmond. I really want to do it, but DH's heart isn't into it.  He is doing it, but he doesn't really want to - it makes me feel really self-centered.  Hopefully when soccer is finished he will get into it a bit more.

FR - pork chops and Szechuan noodles

KR - We went on a walk/hike as a family yesterday and DD1 did great.  Normally she complains that her legs are sore and that she can't walk anymore.  I would guess we walked about 2-3mi.  That is huge for her.

rg - glad you survived the weekend!  Have a great run to and from work today.  The birthday party sounds like lots of fun.  My older two have winter bdays and I find that really difficult.

zorbs - hope you get those aches and pains worked out.  Congrats to DH and his new distance.  I tell you, running fast all the time is a new runner thing!  Woohoo, B is doing amazing with the PTing.

ernie - I think all of my kids have gone through phases of hating the stroller.  I put it away for a while and they all went back in a few months later.  Sounds like a frustrating run!!  Cool about the deck Smile  Did you have one before?  Have fun in Niagara Falls!!

CTimesTwo

Morning,

RR - 4 miles in the dark... just gorgeous weather,  cool with a light breeze..

TR - SUPER clingy all weekend.  She was in a good mood around us but seriously, she's terrible at independent play.  Hoping the more she's in daycare the more she'll be used to playing without DH or I around.  Thinking her eating is going back to "normal" after chowing down on everything the past 4 days.

NRR - need someone to teach me how to get back to asleep if I wake up to pee in the middle of the night... I've been up since 2am already..

zorbs - glad to hear DH listened to you about slowing down!  I'm pretty sure if I tried to give my DH running tips he'd ignore them, even if I had proof what I say works.. hope physio helps work out your kinks and aches!

rg - congrats on surviving the weekend!  we're still waiting for C's last 4 teeth to come in (the canines) and then hopefully a bit of a break before the 2 year molars... it's like teething is never ending!

ernie - i'm impressed S lasted this long in the stroller...C started getting fussy around 10 months, and I can't even take her for a walk in the stroller now without her trying to bust out of the restraints... cute on saying "cool".. we're still waiting for more words to come out, although the daycare teacher and our doc both said she may be slower in speaking b/c she's learning in 2 languages...

eh - why do you feel it's self-centered to want to do a race when DH doesn't?

running eh

CX2 - Sorry about the sleep!  I hope tonight is better for you.  I get up to pee every night too, and can usually fall back to sleep pretty easily, but I have had trouble the last two nights.  I am sure C will get better w. the independent play.  She is pretty young still and hey, at least you know you are loved!  About Richmond, I feel bad b/c I planned our whole 10th anniversary getaway around this race.  If I was just doing a local run I probably wouldn't feel as guilty, but since it is a big part of our getaway, I would feel better if he was more interested in it!

Erniegirl

eh - I don't think you're self centered about Richmond at all! DH agreed to go, so he was obviously into it at one time, plus, even if he's not gung-ho about the race anymore, it can still be a nice little getaway for you guys. Glad the hike went well. Oh, that is good to know about the stroller, maybe there is hope for a stroller revival one day. The deck we had before was just a crappy builder's deck, so it was basically just big enough for a few people to stand on. Now we've got a nice big space for our bbq and all our patio furniture.

cx2 - Yikes, up since 2 am really sucks! Did you always have trouble falling back to sleep? I find that, since having S, I'm a much lighter sleeper and can't fall asleep again if she wakes me up past a certain time (like 4 am, which is way to early!). Not that that helps you at all. Maybe avoid turning on any lights when you go to the washroom so you don't get that jolt awake? S really hasn't wanted to be in the stroller for months, but I've stretched out the running bit as long as I could.

5k - 20:46          10k - 41:27         10 mile - 1:15:32          Half marathon - 1:39:15      

mrszackmorris

rr: got in a long run Saturday. srd today.

rr2: well, I am running my first ever half marathon next weekend. It will be a pr in 2 respects: 1 bc it is my first and 2 bc it will be a pregnant pr.

kr: so excited to wear long sleeves today!

tr: just proclaimed she hates reading buddies bc her reading buddy is a boy.

br: successful birthday party yesterday!!

pgr: 12w5d pregnant with baby #4. Phew.

nrr:still dealing with colds all around in this house; most have coughs now.

fr: rp just told me that this card we both bought to support the hs football team has 2 for $1 donuts at the local bakery. wish I wouldn't have known...

CTimesTwo

Wow congrats Mrsz!!!  Did you announce earlier and I missed it??

ernie - yea, I always go in the dark.. i know where everything is so I shouldn't have any issues getting to the bathroom without bumping into things (unless Dh leaves stuff on the floor, which he does often)... I dunno why I have so many issues falling back asleep and it wasn't that bad until just recently... it sucks feeling tired all day when this happens..

runninmer

Morning.

RR:  Hoping to walk with the CC kids today.

TR:  Was a pistol yesterday...and now I miss him.  Funny how that works.

NRR:  Weekend was decent.  I definitely don't have that last minute spurt of energy.  It is more like the end of term need to sleep constantly and do nothing.  We are interviewing a potential sub today.  Cross every part of your body that she says yes.

FR:  Went to to The Melting Pot on Saturday with some friends.  It was delicious!

PGR:  So. Done.

zorbs - I had something to say to you....but can't remember it.

mrszm - I already started packing your maternity clothes bin.  Partially so you can have it sooner than later, partially because I am ready to not be wearing maternity clothes anymore.  Congrats!

Upcoming Races: 

Gazelle Girl 1/2 Marathon 4/13 - 1:48:46

Erniegirl

mrszm - Congrats on the pregnancy! Definitely a dangerous time to discover two for $1 doughnuts Wink

mer - Hope the sub thing finally gets sorted out! I just learned there's a Melting Pot not too far from me and I keep hearing rave reviews about it, so I really want to try it out now.

beckykay

Morning!  Congrats MrsZM!!!!!

SRD:  Video today or something.

TR:  Grandparent detox.  Grandmother would not tell him no this weekend and it pissed me off.  DH finally told her to stop.

NRR:  Trying to decided if I am going home today.  My aunt's surgery did not go well.  Well the surgery did, but what they found was not.

FR:  Super stressed and gotta control the eating.

beckykay

Wait, Ernie - you live in the sticks without self checkout but you have a melting pot??? :P  I love Niagara Falls.  We are going back after we get C his own passport.

RG  Ugh, so glad you survived the weekend.  I don't think I got to post this weekend but we went up to DC early so we could have one night solo, yeah guess who showed up Friday night????

Zorbs:  Ahahahhahahaha, see G - wife does know what she is talking about Smile  I didn't get to ulta this weekend Sad  I did however get a coupon from the sunday paper for there that I can use online, wooohooo!

Eh:  don't feel guilty.  I do stuff like that all the time.

cx2:  Wow, I hate getting up to pee but always can fall asleep right after.

beckykay

Mer:  Yep, same here.  All weekend I wish for it to be a school day, then I miss him when he is gone.

mrszackmorris

rg: I hope you have in law free weekend this weekend!!!!

zorbs: yah for independent bathroom use! That is a huge step! Hope your dh realizea he can race an 8k at Richmond.

Ernie: so funny about S saying cool! How close are you to Niagara Falls? Ha! I do love donuts not pregnant too so this could be bad. Really bad.

eh: are you and dh both running the marathon? Great job on the hike with the kiddos.

cx2: nope, just announced today. how many days per week is c at day care?

runninmer: they built a melting pot closer to us but we have yet to go there. I'm totally not ready to be thinking about wearing maternity clothes yet but know realisticaso know it's inevitable. Good luck with the sub!