Womens Running

First on FRIDAY (DAILIES) (Read 19 times)

Seloc

Guess I'll get us started since Lizzie is out there running!  Post em, peeps

Seloc

Damaris - glad you made it!  Gosh, I didn't realize that elevation affected the asthma as well.  I just saw how DRY it is which looked fantastic to me.  Good luck and have a blast!

HCK - nice miles!  Any fun weekend plans?

Lisa - totally agree on the joy helping another brings.  One of my most favorite races was with an RB who worked so super hard training for a half we blew her goal out of the water!  It was probably 40min slower than I would normally run but it was a BLAST.  I also completely agree on what is the point of stopping your watch during a training run as that doesn't happen in a race!  Good girl sticking to the taper plan AND getting some extra sleep.

Kat - LOL on needed some butt butter for the chafed booty.  Yep, that's happened to me before, too 

TRX/Bells class this morning.  A bit tired from the long run yesterday but overall feel great.  Already planning to do my 20 at that hour as it is the day Lizzie and Karen fly in   Still trying to get some plans together for the weekend.  Thundershowers almost every day and the humid air is back.  Not horrible but SO HAPPY I ran yesterday.  Happy Friyay all!!

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

DS arrived late last night. We may have a hike today. He's an avid physical fitness guy. Wonder why? 

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

22.2 for this girl!

You know its been warm when...you get super excited that the dewpoint was at 70. HA. Seriously, the heat wave walking out the door this morning was not bad at all compared to what it has been this week. Run went very well! I felt awesome the entire way through. Not too hot, either! I mean, with 22 miles you do get to a point when youre like...OK THIS CAN BE DONE NOW..but I figure that is normal. The last 5-6 miles were speedy. I did/do have some knee pain. I NEVER have knee pain. I am thinking it is just because of all the miles this week (after tomorrows run, I should be at a mileage PR Smile ). I am also having heel pain in both feet. My feet never hurt after long runs - I am wondering if I already need new Mizunos! I bought these right before I started this training cycle..so they probably have about 120 miles on them.They used to last forever! Might try to find an older model on sale. I am waiting to buy the NEW ones until Twin Cities! Smile

22 miles is going to be my longest run. Only doing 20 for the last long run.

Took Ruger to daycare so he can get some energy out. HCF is working - hopefully not all day. Glad I took the day off - but feel guilty! Only because I dont have much PTO left. Well, after MN I will have 0 hours. Oh well. I have to start saving it for honeymoon next year. Its really too bad we can't work from home anymore!!! I need a new job. Have I mentioned that?

I am thinking..FRENCH TOAST FOR DINNER!!!! Smile

Sandy - My stomach gets upset on red sauce, too. I LLOOOVVEEE pizza but I just can’t eat it as much as I would like Smile You can tell when the humidity is coming in by the breeze? You should have been a weather girl Smile What did you end up having last night?? Yay on TRX/Bells class this morning! And YAY for having that long run out of the way Smile I was thinking this morning…since I am going to be at 0 PTO hours soon LOL..that in order to not be late after my very last long run, I will have to get up around 1:30am so I can be out there by 2. I have done that before, not my preference but ugh. Wouldn’t be able to do it early Saturday because we are leaving early for Hilton Head. I can suck it up for one morning. These are things I was thinking about on my run this morning haha. OH speaking of last long run..I can Uber to your place NO PROBLEM if you are going to run long! Don’t get up super early because of me! Seriously. OH, I was also thinking on my run this morning how I wish we lived closer. Man, can you imagine how many happy hours we would have a week!!?

Kathryn - Your booty chafed?!?! Where?! How?!

Lisa - I need a new hydration pack! I use a Camelbak and it only holds 1.5 liters I think. I actually got a new one for Christmas last year that holds a bigger bladder, but I seriously can’t figure out how to get the water out of the sucky thing. I suck real hard (hehe, THATS WHAT SHE SAID) and NOTHING. I just haven’t sat down and looked into why I can’t figure it out. What kind do you use? No sleep? All that running you do and you can’t sleep!? Keep on keeping on with that taper!

Docket - I can’t wait to hear how this race goes! I hope you can breathe. LOL.

I smell. Time to hit the showers! Happy FFRRIIIYYYAAYYYYY!!

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

Judy - Have a great time with DS!!! Fitness must run in the family Smile

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

Lizzie, do you bite the tip while sucking?  What brand?  (Did you take the little plastic cover off the tip?  I forgot once...)  Great run.

Sandy, I'd imagine your a bit tired still....

Judy, have a great time with DS.

Me, off to shower and I think take some pics.

K

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024

Seloc

Kat - OMG I think Lizzie is rubbing off on me!  I read your first sentence and was like what the WHAT?!!  hahahaha  Have fun taking pics!!

Lizzie - freakin KILLER run, young lady!!  WOOHOO!!  OMG I would have CRUMBLED in that stuff.  Whew.  So happy you have the day off so you can lounge.  That is a LOT of freakin miles.  Not surprised you have some niggles.  Just keep them in check!  Enjoy your French toast!  Oh, I didn't have anything exciting last night.  Beer haha.  Then just this leftover chicken burger.  I won't buy them again - they were only meh.  1:30am??  Oh my.  Why even go to bed??  haha.  No, I'm excited to run my 20 that Friday morning before you guys get in.  I was trying to figure out what I was going to do.  I mean, I *could* do it Saturday morning and just leave you two to lounge and sip coffee but I think it'll be almost easier to get up and get it done before picking you up.  Now that I know I can do it!  I will still pick you up, silly, though I may not have showered yet haha.  Will figure it out as it gets closer.  I love pizza, too!  That doesn't bother me so much.  It's just straight up tomatoes and red sauce.  I wish we lived closer, too!  But, I'd probably be a bad influence.  I tell all the running girls that I'm sure their husbands hate me.  haha  Oh!  and the chafe can happen between the ol cheeks 

Judy - awwww have a great hike today with DS!!

dhuffman63

Trails

Kat that happened to me at the Hawk and since then I lube that area well.

Judy have fun with DS.  My DD and SIL want to do a 5k at the Zoo in Oct so it does rub off.

Sandy, no I have no control over when they do their counts.  I'm just an observer as the internal auditor and no those 2 don't plan anything ahead of time.  They don't even do inventory right but I've made my findings and nothing changes so I just roll with it.

Good Luck Damaris.  Take lots of pics as Utah is under consideration for retiring, although AZ is winning right now.

I wanted to get 3 miles in at the gym but it was thunderstorming and I didn't want to spend the rest of the day wet and when I tried after work I just had dead legs so I'm calling it a taper and am good with it.

Lisa yes helping get someone across the finish is a wonderful feeling.  I always stop and talk to anyone struggling and go with them.  I may not be fast but unless it's going to kill me I keep going and work on getting others to keep on too.

22 miles...wow Lizzie, just awesome.  some one posted in another forum how Camille Herron never did any back 2 back runs or any longer than 20 miles and she set the world record for 100 miles at the Tunnel Hill 100 miler.  I think French toast is a good idea...I will have that also.

Lizzie not sure about Kat's but when I was putting ice in my hydration pack and around my neck the water dripped down my back into my skirt shorts and that's what caused it....I think if you were to sweat there then that would cause it too.

I wanted to do 3 at the gym yesterday but it was raining so hard and I did not want to spend the rest of the day wet.  I got home and got on the TM and my legs just weren't feeling it so I decided it would just be a taper...I'll not do any today or Sat so I should be fresh and ready to go on Sun.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  3 miles or 0 depending on what we are doing.

Sandy, LOL. Yes!  Super dry. Smile

Damaris

Anonymous Guest

I never posted yesterday - that's weird. Well, I ran 5 at the park after dropping Riley at daycare yesterday, and then 4 easy around the neighborhood today. Will run another 4-5 tomorrow with the group before hopping on a plane to Memphis. Sunday marathon is just being done as a supported long run. Glad it's starting nice and early - a marathon in MS at this time of the year is gonna be a warm one, so the more before daylight, the better. Just need to remember to pack a headlamp or light.

Lizzie, do you bite the tip while sucking?  

Ummmmmm. Mind out of the gutter, mind out of the gutter. Also, thank you for posting Kat, as I was going to ask pretty much the same thing, thinking it's a bite valve.

Sandy, you said something the other day that made me laugh really hard. I don't remember what it was, but thanks. Just keep doing what you're doing. And I'm with Liz, I can Uber to your house. Or wait around at the airport until it's more convenient. It's really no big deal - I'm mainly coming in that early because it's the only Spirit flight of the day I think, and they were so dang cheap.

Liz, wow on that run! I'm feeling like a slacker over here. That seems like not very many miles on the Mizunos, but if you are thinking about getting a new old pair, check Running Warehouse. I got two pair from them a few weeks ago when they first put them on sale to make room for the new model. Oh, I finally picked up my Glycerins yesterday and ran in them today. I put them on and thought I was not going to like them at all, but by mile 2 they were really comfy and I finished up loving them. I only went 4, so will see how they do for longer.

Judy, have fun with DS!

Diane, it looks like we're going to be 5 am start buddies on Sunday. Nice that you'll be able to leave early today and that they scheduled the Saturday stuff earlier so you can get out of town.

So my baby runners had a 50 minute tempo run on the schedule last night. Considering they have only gotten up to 5 and 6 miles on their long runs, that's a pretty long tempo (it's 50 minutes total, so 30 minutes of actual tempo pace). Last night I got a text "are you sure that was supposed to be 50 minutes???" from my neighbor. So I went and looked on Strava (I follow both her and him). They did great, but she titled her run "I take back everything bad I said about hillwork. Tempo is worse." and his was "Coach better watch her tires....." I couldn't stop laughing, and took a screenshot and texted it to my other coach, who then couldn't stop laughing. I'm sure the run sucked, even at 7 when the went it was 98 degrees. I might be getting the evil eye at the group run tomorrow morning.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

TGIF!!!  Swam this morning. Internet and phones are down at the office.  We came home about 40 minutes ago. DH got an email that said phones were up, but no one  emailed me so it is WFH day. Early release at 1:30, but I have a call at 4pm. It's ok.

Woohoo!!!

ginnyb

Between reading " lubing that area" and "do you bite the tip before you suck"  makes me wonder  am I on the wrong forum? 

Upper body with group this morning.  Always tougher when I am with the group, but I made it!  I am wondering if I need to do another 10 miler before Woodstock next weekend?  I don't think I am going to, what do you all think?

Lizzie....awesome 22 this morning.  I still don't know how you do that and then go into work!  Sandy, you too!  I can't, and I wouldn't!

Lisa...you have been with me for a few milestones in my running career, very much appreciated and makes it so much more fun!  A question, I don't think I wore trail shoes the last time did I?  I think I will be okay.

Karen...you better watch your back, LOL!  Poor baby runners.  I like the "Karen better watch her tires"

Ginny

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

Seloc

Sandy, you said something the other day that made me laugh really hard. I don't remember what it was, but thanks. Just keep doing what you're doing. And I'm with Liz, I can Uber to your house. Or wait around at the airport until it's more convenient. It's really no big deal - I'm mainly coming in that early because it's the only Spirit flight of the day I think, and they were so dang cheap.

Nope nope, I pick up all my GUESTS (Lizzie hee hee) from the airport!!  I'll do my 20, go get Liz at 8, come back here to shower and drink coffee then we'll be back to get you at 11.  Then lunch then whatever!  Packet pickup at some point Fri or Sat.  We can drive the course if you want!  Maybe find LIzzie some cake??  Feel free to research anything you want to see or eat.  I am STOKED to have GUESTS again   And I'm so super pumped for both of you to run TCM.

Laughing at your baby runners and their tough coach!  Hee hee  They are going to be so super prepared for their race.  And how fun is it to suffer together??  Awww you make us all proud.  Have a great run on Sunday!!

LC Runs

4.5 outside miles...perfect 50 degree weather!  Then, leg workout at the gym.  I actually parked at the gym and started my run from there.  So happy for a 4 day weekend!

Sandy - thanks for starting us out!  Have a great weekend!!  You all are going to have so much fun at Twin Cities!!

Judy - enjoy the hike with DS!

Lizzie - WOW Girl!!  22+ miles - you are a rockstar.  You probably could have run 30 here this morning, I wore capris and a l/s tech shirt 

Hi Kat!!

Diane - you will do great, Sunday!

Damaris - have a good 3 or enjoy the 0!!

Karen - have a good race weekend!  The puppies you posted are so adorable, I can't wait till you have one!!

Sue - YAY for WFH day!!!

Ginny - nice job on the upper body workout!

dhuffman63

Trails

Probably won't be on Sat or Sun so good luck to Damaris and Karen...anyone else racing this weekend?