Womens Running

Time Change TUESDAYS (DAILIES) (Read 21 times)

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

I don't know how this darn time change has me all messed up! Can't sleep at night and wake up at 3am wide awake. WHAT?!

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

6.2 easy miles for me. Body pump after work today.

Great run today. Ran sans headphones since i had a lot of my mind. It was nice! Was worried a bit about the roads since it did snow yesterday, but the snow was mostly melted. Some slick spots but not too bad.

These low mileage weeks are killing me! So much time on my hands - haha!

Busy day. Hopefully it flies!

Docket - You know I thought of you being a lawyer and all was going to ask you about the forging thing. They are dumb and have put everything in emails..trust me..I have printed them all Smile OH we booked last night - we are coming in late on the 5/25 and leaving 6/2! We will have to get together!!!! Smile

Run2trail - You are always so on top of your workouts! NICE!! I can understand the boredom on the treadmill. I can get lost in my thoughts on an outside run…but never on the treadmill haha. Thanks for the thoughts on the job! It just wasn’t meant to be I guess. AZ doesn’t recognize daylight savings?! I did not know that! Cheesecake is also delicious! What is your favorite kind??

Laura -  Nice run yesterday! Don’t fall in the snow!!! Smile No extra day off..but luckily I get overtime. That helps make up for the no day off. A little bit anyway..I am so used to running in the dark that I prefer it. Weird..but thats one of the reason why I get up early on Saturdays to run. I feel more in my comfort zone when it is dark. I guess because I don’t want anyone to see me. LOL. You don’t let the pups sleep with you? Smile OH MY that is so awful about the boy in high school. So sorry for your DS. God, that is awful. Is the school offering counsuling or anything?

Tessa - Wow, nice miles yesterday! I did that this morning - just got up since I couldn’t sleep.

Margaret - OMG those race photos are GORGEOUS!! I can only image how windy it is running across there!

Run4kupcakes - Nice mileage and weights! This time change is messing me up, too!

Happy Tuesday!

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Thanks for starting the thread. I've already started 3 small projects here at home and left them midstream.   ooops! Now 4. 
        Monday I did 45 minutes on the TM. Before that, I did the stairs in my building.
        Today I plan either a TM run or gym. Not sure which yet. DC is out of state this week and part of next. I will miss him but get a lot of things done.
        Safe and happy runs, All! 

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

Good Morning! Walked the pups and ran 5.4 miles total I think. Smile chilly here!! It was 41F this morning!!

Laura--so sad about your DS's classmate.

Not much going on here. I either need to look up my knitting instructions or get to work!

Have a great day!!

dhuffman63

Trails

Wow Margaret those pics were spectacular.

Laura, I am so sorry to hear that.  Kids these days seem so lost when it comes to dealing with things.  Hugs to your DS.  So glad they have a wonderful mom.

Lizzie, I don't think I'd like getting up that early to run in the dark.  I did it at the finish at the Hawk and again at the PH.  I don't see well in the dark.  That I think is going to be my biggest hurdle for doing a 100 miler.

The PS people are looking for some volunteers for later in the night so after my 50k I may go shower and then volunteer depending on how I feel.

Diana, someday I really want to get out there by you and run some of those lovely Sedona trails.

I've got my fingers crossed that the forecast changes for the better....right now it's 37/56 with AM showers at 40% with NW winds at 10 mph.  Those conditions sound horrid to me.  I'd rather have Kat's 81 degrees.

Damaris, good thought to Lizzie.  I know when I did governmental audits if we suspected tampering with documents which is fraud, then we had to report it to the State Auditor and the OSBI (state type FBI) who would investigate it.  Private companies could have a whistleblower but you have to be careful when doing that.  If you are really concerned Lizzie, you might retain a lawyer, especially if they are threatening to fire you.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  Woke up early to run in feels like 46F.  6 with 6 X 100m done.  It was too windy, though, and my lungs are paying for it.  Pilates tonight.

Diana, glad to hear everything is going OK.

Liz, yes!  I am having the same issue. Was well awake at the time I was to go out to run and it was like 5am!  OK, I have a race during that time but I will be here either on your last days or your first few days.  Awesome!  And yeah, forging is a no no even for non-attorneys.  But I am not surprised some people are unethical.  And then they think atheists like me have no moral compass. 

Judy, enjoy whichever you choose and hoping DC comes back soon.

Susan, nice run and doggie walk.  It was almost like our weather!

Laura, hugs.

Diane, very true.  It's dangerous to be a whistleblower even in government, but I am sure people can find ways to make it happen.  But Liz, be careful if you do. And save everything.

Damaris

LC Runs

Happy Tuesday!

No run this morning, will run a few after work.  I am so looking forward to warmer and lighter mornings, ugh.

Thanks for all of the kind words about my kid's classmate, my DD said she and her friend went to the counseling office and told one of the counselors the school needs to do more.  This is actually the second recent suicide, a girl hung herself in January and other than telling the kids they could meet with their counselor, nothing was done.  Unfortunately, this was a girl new to the school who did not have any local ties/support I think people just kind of swept it under the rug.  Sounds like she was from downstate and was here living with other relatives or something.  This boy is from a well known and well respected family so I hope more is done.  Sad that it has to happen with someone more 'popular' for it to be addressed.

Lizzie - I used to run in the dark all the time when I lived in town but I am more afraid now.  But I do like that no one can really see me LOL. Overtime is nice for sure!  No, BF won't let the dogs sleep with us.  This puppy might hurt herself if she fell off of our bed, she is tiny and we have a king with a foam mattress so it would be like falling off a 2 story building!

Judy - you are always so busy, I need your energy!!

Sue - 41 sounds nice to me!!  Have a great day!

Diane - I totally agree about kids and dealing with stress/problems.

Damaris - nice run, especially with the wind!

Anonymous Guest

Tired this morning but really need to get moving. I'd like to get a medium long run in (10-12) this morning, then I have my mammogram early afternoon and it's down by Costco so I should stop there while I"m in the area. Plus our lawn guy is supposed to come by to look at and hopefully replace the broken valve in our sprinkler system. I don't think he needs to get into the garage for the water shutoff because the sprinkler system shutoff is out by the street, but I'm not sure. DH would also like to have him do some other stuff (add mulch, fix something out back, etc.) so I'd like to talk to him while he's here. I also have some stuff I want to do out back now that the weather is so good.

I talked to my mom last night and they are heading up to the Mayo Clinic today for my dad. He's short of breath all the time and keeps getting sick and the doctors there can't figure it out, so sent him up there. They said 3-7 days of testing. They are hoping for 3, otherwise will have to stay through the weekend to finish up next week. My mom is funny - she's not sure what they'll do if they have to stay the weekend, Dad can't go shopping because he can't walk very far without being out of breath. I hope they figure out what's wrong and it's something they can fix......cuz he's my dad.

Laura, so sad about that poor boy. I hope your DS handles things okay.

Liz, what is up with the time change anyway? Both Riley and I have been waking up at 5 every morning - shouldn't we be sleeping late?

Judy, you know I understand how it is to get lots done when the other person is out of town! I just found out DH is going out of town the week after I'm in Portland - I plan to get a lot done then.

Susan, I hear ya on the cold, was 45 when I got up. I should get out there as it's up to 50 now.

Diane, those conditions sound good to me, but I know you like warmer.

Damaris, nice temps. Any chance the cooler weather will stick around for a few days and the wind dies down? We were windy Sunday into Monday, now cool and crisp and not windy out there. Wait a minute, why am I not running right now? Oh yeah, finishing coffee.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Seloc

HCK – nice weights and core.  Thought of you this morning when I saw the weather.  Hope you avoid this next big event!  I am sooooooooooo glad I don’t live in Boston or anywhere up along that coast.  12-18 inches?!  No thanks.

Gatsby – LOVE the pics!  And congrats on getting into Tahoe Rim.  50 miler for the big birthday – yay!!!

Tessa – Nice miles as always for you.

Laura – OMG, I’m soooo sorry for your younger DS and everyone that knows the boy.  That is terribly sad.  I like light mornings, too!  In my mind there is NO reason to be awake past 9pm so what’s the point of daylight at that time?  Haha

Hi Diana!  Love when you check in.  You are always so consistent in your workouts and getting some GREAT mileage in!  Yay for another March Madness buddy!  I don’t follow NBA too much but LOVE college basketball.  Especially this weekend.  Love watching the kids play with all heart.  Do you have a favorite team?  I root for Big10 and then usually the underdogs.  Checking to see if a friend is running a pool this year.  Otherwise I will probably fill out a bracket just for fun.

Damaris – hooray for cooler weather for you but sorry it was windy.  Though, I gotta say, a tank in 46* is a wee bit chilly even for this northerner haha

Lizzie – I seriously cannot believe you are being ASKED to forge documents.  That is redic.  Good for you for standing your ground!  I’ll admit to leaving work at noon on Thursday some years to watch bball.  Not this year.  However, I will have the tv on (volume off) on Friday while WFH.  Yeah, I really should bring morning snacks to work.  I am almost always eating lunch by 11am hence the reason I eat dinner by 5pm haha.  Oh boy that sounds like a busy weekend for you!  How many hours on Saturday is your work commitment?

Karen – look at you being all dedicated with the strength stuff!

Cathy – nah, St Patty’s Day is for amateurs haha.  I seriously HATE being out with all those gobs of drunk people.  I absolutely do NOT drink the green beer.  Mostly cuz it’s almost always Miller Lite.  Yuck LOL  Though I really wouldn’t mind some corned beef and cabbage or a Reuben.  There was a big event in St. Paul last Saturday where they shut down the street for two blocks and have food/drinks/music and then there is a big parade this Saturday.  Lots of Irish in these parts!  Oh, the mean fast girls on Friday made me run about a 9:30/9:40 pace.  Gramma can hang with that for a bit but does not like it at all.  In my younger years that was no big deal.  Now I much prefer to go easy peasy.

Diane – glad you are feeling good after your 20!

7mi with the fasties.  Sigh.  I cannot keep doing all my runs at this pace.  The plan is to meet at the corner at 5:20am and do an out/back.  The corner is 1 ½ mi from me and 1 ½ mi from her.  Out/back for 4mi.  Would work great for warm-up/tempo/cool-down.  Well this little bouncy energizer bunny RB does not follow plan and today was ½ mi from my house at 5:05.  Then she ran almost all the way back, too.  Defeats the purpose!  I already told her I’m going solo tomorrow.  Happy the roads are clear and 25* isn’t so bad.

Double-header volleyball game tonight.  I’m starting my best 6.  But everyone rotates in.  Just hoping we can get a lead and hang on LOL

Seloc

Karen - so sorry about your dad!  Hope they can figure something out at Mayo.  How far a drive is that for them?  Gosh, I wish I had a suggestion for something to do over the weekend.  Not much in Rochester.  They could take a drive up to the cities maybe?  Hopefully all the testing is done in 3 days!  Now get out and enjoy that fabulous weather and have a great run!!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Karen, hoping your dad recovers well and they can figure out what he has so they can start treating him.  Tomorrow I should be able to run outside as well, and maybe Thursday (partially).  But I doubt it will be cold this weekend and I feel better if I run that #&%^( serious workout you gave me on the TM. Smile

Sandy, nice 7!  Nah. Once I started running, I regretted the short sleeves.

I got a call in between my shoutouts, so I assume I am missing a bunch.

Damaris

Arimathea

Tessa

Margaret, congratulations on getting into Tahoe!

Karen, hope they can figure out what is ailing your dad and fix it. It is awful seeing parents get older.

Laura, hugs to your DS. If he'll take them.

Liz, if you are being asked to do something illegal (as opposed to documenting now what should have been documented a while back, rather than falsifying facts) is there a compliance hotline you can call?

Diane, I'm sure they can use the volunteers.

Runsignup is still not showing any manual results for Long Play. It's been over a week. I emailed the RD and the website and haven't received any response. Would you call?

3.2 this morning. RN started after I did and went longer so we didn't run together. Today is the day I need to leave early. I have a meeting at lunch so won't get to run.

Oh, and downtown LA has barricades everywhere, some of the metro station entrances closed, Secret Service and FBI running around and parking where they shouldn't (like bus stops and no parking zones). Guess the First Jackass's motorcade is coming through at some point. Pity I didn't know they were going to be downtown. The vegetable crisper needs cleaning out.

dhuffman63

Trails

Interesting discussion on an article from CTS...age graded cutoffs in ultras...https://trainright.com/time-age-graded-cutoffs-ultrarunning/?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email&inf_contact_key=3d93497cd79a96517c7f777d7e36e1b9c8b9db5cb72b4fa014c9becaeff09dac

As much as I like ultras I can't support this idea.  Just because you are older I don't think the races should allow for longer cutoffs.  I know my limitations and chose the ones I do accordingly.  I know for a fact that technical trails are not my friend when it comes to cutoffs.  I had a dream last night that at the PS there were some faster runners at the 50k turnaround who were telling me I shouldn't be there since I was so slow, that I should go do something else. I told them we should ask the RD what she thought.

Hi Sue, Hi Judy

Karen I hope they can find a solution for your Dad.  I know how it feels cause yes he's your dad.  I do like it warmer...drier and less windy too but nothing I can control so I have to suck it up and dress accordingly.  (and quietly bitch about it).

Sandy my boss and coworker are big into the college and NBA BB.  They like pro football too.  Neither one runs so our conversations are interesting as I could care less and they think I'm crazy.

RTurtles

Running with the Turtles

Happy Tuesday!  26 with some snow flurries here but I don't think it will stick.  Oh, I forgot to mention some RB's ran a 5K on Sunday and a few minutes into the race it was stopped by a train!  Everyone was stopped.  So they subtracted 3 minutes from everyone's time.  One of my RB's was not happy because it would have been a PR for him.

Lizzie, hope you can get some good sleep tonight!  That sucks about the audit issue.  So they want to fire you for being honest?  OK.    You are going to Florida for Memorial Day weekend?  Sounds awesome!  No, I don't really celebrate St Patrick's Day (despite my Chirish heritage, haha), but DH does.  He has a bit of Irish in him, enough to call himself Irish.    He is planning an entire day of celebrating.  So it will probably be me and the kids on Saturday, and most of Sunday while he recovers.     I can't party that hard anymore.  Not that I ever was a big drinker!

Diane, wow, you are considering volunteering after your 50K?  I would just want to get off my feet!  

Damaris, nice speedwork!   Sorry about the wind.

Laura, that is so sad about DS's friend.  That is good that DD and her friend told the school that they should do more.  As a parent, that really makes you think and want to keep close tabs on the kids!

Karen, I hope they figure out what is wrong with your dad!

Sandy, my brother lives in Boston and is enjoying the snow.    At least they enjoy skiing.  Haha, it is annoying when it's summer and you want to go to bed and it's still light out.  Thanks goodness for room darkening shades.     DH enjoys going out for St Patty's Day but I don't particularly care for it.  It's a huge drinking holiday here.  That is a pretty speedy pace with the mean girls!  Good luck to your VB team!  DD wanted DH to take her to the gym to practice bumping the volleyball.  She really likes it, which makes DH really happy since he was always big into VB.  DD used to eat lunch at 10:15 at school.  On the weekends she would ask for lunch at about 10:00.  

Tessa, normally final race results should be available in a week.  Odd that you aren't getting a response.  Hope there were no issues with the timing!

Margaret, gorgeous photos!

Hi Diana!  Always nice to see you pop in!  That weather does sound nice.    The in-laws did enjoy the Thailand trip, they are still getting their hundreds of photos organized so we have yet to see the entire presentation.  

Cathy

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

Right there with you on the time change.  Totally screwing with my sleep.  Doesn't usually affect me.  Strange.

Lizzie, unbelievable on work and the documents.  Good it was in email and you saved them.  Glad your run was so good!!

Judy, sorry DC is gone.  Enjoy your run later.

Sue, I vote knitting...

Diane, awesome you are even thinking of volunteering.  I envision and chair and a beer for you after...  Wink

Damaris, nice early and cool run.  Enjoy pilates later on.

Laura, so sorry about your DS's friend.  That is terrible.  What can make a 14 yr old do that is beyond me.  Sad.

Karen, thinking good thoughts for your Dad. That is tough to deal with.  Hope your Mom is OK.  How was your run?  Have a blast with the boob smooshing later.  Blech.

Sandy, nice run with the fasties!  Sounds tough.  Did you watch TIU last week?  I was in Vegas and haven't caught up yet, so can't watch it tonight either.  Sad

Tessa, hope the results show up soon!

Margaret, lovely pics again!  Congrats on Tahoe.

Got a short run in this morning, geez, I have been so lazy.  I did extend my run portions a tiny bit, not much, but anything is better than what I have been doing.  Going to try to keep with it. 2 months till Pinelands.  May seems so far away, but it is just around the corner.  Ugh.

Had a nice day off yesterday.  Lazy in the morning waiting for my new phone to be delivered, required a signature, so I stuck around for it.  Otherwise I would have to drive across town to get it and I wasn't up for that.  Hit the nice nursery but disappointed with their selection, I guess it is just too early in the year for some things I wanted.  Then the craft store, I am going to TRY to make little clay garden stakes for my herbs.  I am not that good at being crafty.

Not much else.  Need to sign up for a few local races, but that is it for the next 2 months.

Happy Tuesday everyone.

K

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024