Womens Running

Chocolate Cupcake THURSDAYS (DAILIES) (Read 18 times)

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

Its National Chocolate Cupcake Day!!!! I AM ALL ABOUT THAT!

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

Rest day for this girl!

Ah, felt good to sleep in. I had the windows open last night - in the 40's! It felt good to snuggle in my covers rather than sweat to death. I had a weird dream about my hair falling out. I looked that up via google and it says I am concerned about losing my sex appeal. LOL. Uhm....maybe. I have this weird fear that I am going to look too old on my wedding day. Weird, right?

Last nights meeting went well! We went over a lot of things. I actually have to get moving on some things now - hair and makeup being at the top of the list. I guess these places book up quickly and I want them to come to the hotel where we will be getting ready. I want to "gift" all my bridesmaids and mom's that service so they don't have to worry about that. We have to make a wedding website and find an officiant. Things are started to pile up here. LOL. I thought I had more time!

We went to dinner with my parents afterwords..and my dad did not have wine. RED FLAG. LOL. He ALWAYS has wine. I am on to him. I kept asking if he was okay and when I did my mom would change the subject. Now my radar is up. He found out he had cancer (hes cancer free now, supposedly) before my brothers wedding and didn't tell us for 6 months. They didn't want to ruin the wedding or holidays. I know he is 84 and I have to be realistic in that he won't be around forever..but this next year is when I am going to need him the most!  Just a worried daughter.

Karen – YAY for long run going well. How far did you go?! 4.5 hours..hmm..that is LONG. I have been meaning to try the pb&j sandwich. I think I need to switch mine up since I can’t seem to get down my pretzels after mile 15. Maybe I will try tomorrow as a test. Glad Huck did so well!

Run4kupcakes – I hope you celebrate chocolate CUPCAKE day today! Nice miles. Sorry you aren’t feeling very motivated – being disappointed in a race can do that! Don’t you have a half sometime soon?? I remember after I ran Houston it took me a while to get motivated again.

Docket – LOL at all the shoes you bought! You will be good for a while. Saw your run went well yesterday! Smile

Lisa – I remember making fun of Bob in high school.

Sandy - Hope the run went well!

Cathy - Congrats to DD on her first race!!! Looks like she did awesome!

Long run tomorrow - going to be in the 30's. I am giddy about busting out my gloves and pants Smile

Happy Thursday!

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

LC Runs

Good Morning!  Well, not sure how good it is but it is my Friday so there's that!

Nothing real exciting to post on my running, I've made it to the gym T, W, Th and have run 3-4 miles each day on the TM.  Kind of slacking on the weights this week.  Man, it is hard to get out of my warm bed and out into the dark, cold and rain.  We even had snow showers on and off yesterday, ugh.

No news on the job front, I did apply for the new position, which I found out is now only one (instead of two) positions, so, it will cover 12 counties and 21 nursing homes.  Yeah....  So, I applied last week, the posting was done Sunday and I've heard...nothing.  I really need to buy a Mega Millions ticket!

Lizzie - sorry to hear about your dad, but he sounds like a tough old dude so I'm sure he'll be around for quite a while!!  Exciting that you have gotten so much done for your wedding!  I often did pb/j sandwiches when I was marathoning, I would cut off the crusts and cut them into smaller pieces (like one sandwich into 4 pieces), easier to grab and eat.

Okay, guess I better get something done, I really want a nap ha ha.

I slept in. Running this afternoon for Beach Battle practice.

not much going on here.

Liz--I hope your Dad is ok. I worry about my parents too, and I hate being so far away from them.

Happy birthday Carol!

Later!!

Anonymous Guest

Liz, I have been using Uncrustables. Try a box in the freezer section. Individually wrapped, take one out of the freezer and it's good to eat 30 minutes to several hours later. Convenient little pocket pb&j. I ran 21 - the 4.5 hours included travel time each way. And a stop on the way home for a mocha frappaccino from Starbucks. Aww, I hope your dad is doing okay. It is scary and sucky when they get old.

Laura, your work sounds frustrating beyond belief. I hope things get better for you.

Susan, when is the beach battle race?

Slept until 6 again this morning - woohoo! Huckles has puppy school at 9:30, so I'll run late morning/early afternoon. I love that our weather is finally cool enough that I can do that. Interrupted to let the dog out for the FOURTH time in an hour and a half. Hope I didn't miss too many people in the time it took to actually post this.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Anonymous Guest

Oh, I finally got the final design for my group's shirts! I gave them a sneak peak on our facebook page and they like them. Among other things, it's got all the places we run....and kolaches (the store still brings them for us after every Saturday run). It took the designer forever - I think I got lost in the shuffle because when I finally bugged him about it, he turned it around in a day. Lesson learned, bug earlier.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  I have an RD and Pilates (finally, she is back from vacation!)

Liz, glad you slept in and that the meeting went well. Sorry about your dad.  My mom has also hid some health issues from me, including a week stay at the hospital after a stroke. I almost gave her another stroke yelling at her when she finally told me.  Sigh.  Parents.

Laura, nice job getting to the gym consistently.  Good luck with the job hunt.  I hate those jobs that are posted and never tell you either way.

Susan, glad you slept in.  It's much needed sometimes.

Karen, nice job on the LR.  Good luck at puppy school.

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

The shirt looks good, Karen.  Is that the color available?  Looks fast! Smile

Damaris

Karen--the Battle for Buffet Beach race is November 17.....

Shirts look great!

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

QOTD: What do you think of the newer shoe fabrics being knit instead of the traditional?

Are you running in any shoes like that yet?

How are they holding up?

Do they get holes in the fabric easier?

I have several pairs of Brooks Adrenalines that are now knit. The knit gets wet quickly in rain or wet grass but will also dry quickly…in summer, that is.

I’m wondering if the shoes will make feet cold quickly when worn in snow this winter.

There is more room in the toe box which was really helpful when my healing toe swelled.

Wednesday’s run was a bundled up run for 35 minutes. As I walked a little I noticed that a little fox squirrel was only about a yard from me. It just seemed curious. It was windy and cold. All the wildlife are scurrying around carrying nuts, etc.

Today I plan a trail run or perhaps a partial trail/park run. An afternoon of library volunteer work is on schedule for this afternoon.

Happy runs, All! 

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

Seloc

Welp, I just ran farther this morning than I did ALL of last week.  Ha.  20mi.  A crisp 31*.  Not painless and certainly not fast.  Every time I tried picking it up I felt a pull.  But I was getting bored with the slog!  Said screw it the last 2 1/2 miles and whittle the average pace down 7 sec.  Not exactly confidence building for a marathon but the magic 20 is done.

Judy - all the Cedar Waxwings are congregating here! In a day or two, if it's anything like the last couple years, I will have 15-20 (no exaggeration!) all sharing my bird bath.  It's crazy!  QOTD: I also have run in the knit Adrenalines.  I honestly didn't notice much difference.

Sue - have fun at beach battle practice!  That seriously sounds so much fun.  How's Jake doing?

Damaris - I, too, was chuckling at your big shoe purchase!  But super smart!  Hooray for Pilates instructor return.  Oh, and congrats on the hearing yesterday!!

Karen - awesome long run yesterday!  Can't wait to see how it goes today.  You are just doing so great with this 100miler training.  LOVE the shirts!  I agree with Damaris - they look fast.  Glad you found that new track!  Sounds perfect.

Laura - great to see you check in!  Sorry work is so sucky.  OMG that job sounds like a LOT of work.  12 counties??  Sounds like soooo much driving.  I totally agree with it being difficult to get up and out this time of year.  Always!  And the thing I even hate to admit is that it almost gets a tiny bit easier after it snows since it's lighter with the snow!  I know, bite my tongue.  Looks like your half training is going well, too, yay!  You are in for Glass City, right??

Lizzie - glad the meeting went well last night!  Wow, I would SO need a planner - I wouldn't think of ANY of that.  Awww sorry you are worried about your papa.  I'll send lots of positive vibes.  You can have my chocolate cupcake - I'll take your beer in return.  Ha.

Lisa - so I googled that Bob guy and it does sound just a tiny bit familiar?  But, I never woulda placed it haha.  Oh yeah - weed now legal in Canada!  Border patrol is gonna have a field day in your parts, eh?

HCK - it's your kinda day!  Oh but, um, you want me to spend MONEY on WATER?  LOL  Kidding.  Sorta haha.  I did manage to swing by the Community Center for a refill and potty break.  Sorry for the waning mojo - it happens!  Maybe time for a short break, find a goal and then get back at it?  What's next for you?

Cathy - congrats to DD yesterday!  She is so stinkin cute.  Sounds like she also has a big heart not wanting to eat the animals.  Tofu and bok choy sounds good!  Heck I'd eat anything anyone cooks for me haha.  Ooooh, that does sound like a tough half!  I think I figured out which one and yeahhh, let's hope there is not a NW wind coming off the lake!  And quite the hill at mile 8.  BUT!!  I still think you will crush   And, yeah, me thinks you were the smart one signing up for the half at GC.  Me thinks I'm going to regret signing up for the full.  But, gramma here, will just shuffle along at her slower than slow pace.  Sigh.

Diane - nice 5.  How many animals now?  Are you all still in the tiny house?

Kat - happy weekend to you!  Seems like you haven't had one of those in a long time.  Glad work seems a bit better.  And how fun you have a friend coming to visit.

Sleepy did show up to work yesterday so that was a pleasant surprise!  It actually helped me out a TON.  Things are quiet here so far - let's hope they stay that way.  I could really go for a beer!  haha  Later, peeps.

dhuffman63

Trails

Sandy, yes still in the tiny house.  With the 2 new ones I'll have 6 dogs and the 3 new cats will go up to the barn so there will be 6 barn cats, 2 house cats.  They are all down at the old house for now until they get all their shots, fixed, whatever.  One of the dogs though is at least 15 and she has trouble getting around and is deaf so she may not last the winter.  All the cats were outdoor cats and since there's a room in the barn with heat and chairs they won't have any problems.  The male needs to be fixed first though and I can't get him in until the 24th.

50 days til Brazos Bend 50 miler.  Ultrasign up has my target finish at 20 hours...I sure hope not.  I went through and plotted my HR for the past year of training and it's actually pretty good.  I think next year I'll add in a day of run/walk and when I can add in the road hills.  All the training plans I've found on line lump the 100k in with the 50 miles so I just have to pick one for next year's Javelina 100k.

I did 5 last night and probably again tonight but I think I might be coming down with a cold.

I don't have any of the knit shoes but maybe wear some smart wool socks with them if they feel cold?  I've heard that dries fairly well.

Lizzie I worry about my parents too, they are in their 80's and my dad has heart problems.  My mom has a bad back and they live in a house.  I wish they'd move closer to my brother into a condo or something where upkeep wasn't an issue.  And they live down in MS so I can't visit as much as I'd like.  Sign me up for those cupcakes.  I rarely get any.

Laura, wow that's a lot of nursing homes.

Damaris nice score on the shoes.  I liked the Clifton 3's but can't find anymore.

The shirts are cool Karen.  Nice long run.  You'll smoke that 100.

Cathy DD is the cutest ever.  Congrats to her CC.

Lisa, DH and I still make fun of Bob when he shows back up on PBS.  He's great to nap to.

Sue, hope Jake is doing well.  The beach thing sounds hard.

Ugh. They are cleaning the carpet in the offices today.

Sandy--wow!! 20 miles!!

I don't know how y'all do that AND survive at work all day!!

Jake is doing great. He's eating, has been playing with the other dogs, and is able to jump up on the bed usually (and our bed is a bit higher of the floor than most). He seems to be feeling pretty good and has been quite sociable lately.

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Sandy, great on the 20 miler!

Oh, the cedar waxwings come to the small trees outside the windows of the library where I worked. There were red berries on those little trees and the waxwings cleaned them out.  It was such a treat to have them appear every year.

Sue, great that Jake is feeling better. Pet him for me? 

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

Happy TURDSday!

Lotta cleaning and stuff to do still by the end of the day.  Dogs are at the groomers getting all prettied up for company.

Had the FUNNIEST dream last night, very believable - in the dream that is.  Not in real life.  I cracked up - I was going run a full IRONMAN.  HAH!!!!!!  This lazy shit who barely walks muchless runs, hates biking and swimming...

Went to Target for a multi-plug extension cord and to look and see if they had a luggage rack.  No rack, forgot the cord, and spent $170.  Shit.

Lizzie, crazy how early you have to book things.  Sorry about your Dad, it is hard to see them age.  My mother is the opposite, she doesn't hide anything.  ANYTHING.  She will tell me all about her GI issues, etc...  Uh, I'm really OK not knowing.  Oh yeah, she also tells me about her husbands too...

Laura, best to you on the job stuff.  I feel your pain.

Sue, so glad Jake turned a corner.

Karen, cool shirts.  Nice you got to sleep till 6.  Way too early for me.  Hope Huckles has fun today.

Damaris, enjoy pilates.  I don't know if I said congrats on the case stuff.  Great job!

Judy, I never even realized they were changing shoes.  Shows you how much I pay attention.

Sandy, great job on the 20!!!  Funny you could use a beer already.  But you earned it!

Diane, 50 days, HOLY CRAP!  My ultra sign up says 15 hours for me - pipe dream.  Let's split the difference.  Smile

K

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024