Womens Running

Wait, it's Wednesday? (Read 11 times)

Anonymous Guest

Me, logging on and wondering why there's so many posts on the Tuesday thread this early in the morning. Oops.

Susan, you'll understand soon!

I need to run some miles this morning, then do laundry and buy food for our trip tomorrow. Then the 5k group tonight. I was thinking about running to and from the 5k group (it's a 2-mile run each way to where we're meeting tonight), but there's a decent chance for storms around that time and i don't want to get stuck out in it.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning! I have 3 after work.

Karen, good luck with your miles.

Damaris

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Monday was 60 minutes on the TM. Tuesday was 45 minutes on the TM. I'm going to have to start going out on Sunday mornings to see if I find Sunday Buddy this year.

35 minutes running on TM, 10 minutes fast walking, shoulder exercises, stretches, then did my stair sets twice.

The stair sets are (1) up a flight, (2) then 180 steps along the entire hallway, repeat (1) and (2) from the basement to the top of the building. I did them twice today.

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

Rolled over this morning. No run. Whoops

I'm pretty much cleaned out of the office.  Just need to send my laptop out on Friday.  Wiped my work phone and put it in the carton.  I'm at the office bc the director is supposed to arrive this afternoon and it should look like I'm at work or something.

HCK--I can just imagine the traffic problems--our bridge went out 20ish years ago and we had quite a detour.

Go Judy!!!

Should I paint my nails or knit while I wait for the director to show ????

Lunch time!  I did three easy miles yesterday and am planning on doing something similar today.  Minimal coughing, so that's good.

Karen, good luck with the shopping and avoiding the rain tonight.

Damaris, enjoy the 3.

Judy, nice workouts.  Keep us posted about Sunday Buddy.

CrazySue, yes, you should be painting your nails when the director stops by.  That would be hilarious.

HCK, that bridge thing is crazy.  It's going to take years to resolve.

Warning, long gripe ahead: even though my component only has two days a week in the office, the RTO situation is bizarre and frustrating nonetheless.  We have been told that we'll be scattered on different floors at three different buildings, exposing the lie about doing this for better "collaboration" with colleagues.  One of the buildings where we have space is hardly being maintained since it is being relinquished next year.  So, next year the people at that site will be looking for office space again, while the building goes derelict in the meantime.  You'd think it would be sensible to postpone all of this until they have a coherent long-term plan, but nope.  And there is minimal if any budget for furniture or computer equipment, so it's being scrounged up from other places.  People that brought home computer docking stations, keyboards, monitors, etc. during the pandemic are supposed to return it so that can be used in our "new" offices.  I can't wait to see the condition of that stuff.  It's so stupid.  I hope the Commissioner enjoys the hell out of whatever Girl Scout badge he's awarded for creating this debacle.

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

ccoakley

Gatsby, I read this article yesterday and thought of you....such a mess and I'm sorry about your new commute

https://federalnewsnetwork.com/hiring-retention/2024/03/omalley-outlines-plans-to-rebuild-social-security-administration-workforce/

5k 24:53 (2020) |10k 52:24 (2021) |HM 1:57:14 (2019) |FM 4:24 (2007) |50k 5:57 (2022)

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

We got that collaboration BS song back in 2022 when they brought us back. Someone gave it to all the directors to spew it all over.

Damaris