Womens Running

Friyay! (dailies) (Read 16 times)

Kilmisters

I am too lazy to think of anything more advanced for thread title, sorry :/ Big grin

''What will happen if I run up the hills? Ah, volcano muscle soreness!!'' (c) Margaret

''Who needs quads anyway!?'' (c) Damaris

Kilmisters

We went to the beach w kiddos, but the spot we loved so much is closed. So now we are sitting in an outdoor Cafe of most prominent near-beach pedestrian street, so I think that works too Smile Well, we are sitting, minis are in the kids playground and are seemingly not getting tired. At. All. Amazing how this kind of atmosphere is boosting work productivity so much!

Judy, as for winter running - Yaktrax? Shoes w spikes? I managed to get winter running shoes w spikes for 100EUR, which I consider cheap, given the fact, that the brand is quite well known (at least here) - Inov.

Yesterday was VERY interesting floorball-wise. Few players left to play for another (completely new) team. They are on the older side of age scale, w children (or planning to have kids soon) thus willing to have less pressure in floorball, yet want to play as they still love the sport. Our team does not have one/two/three pronounced leaders, thus I can't say it hit us VERY badly (team depth is very considerable), but obviously this is big change anyway. As DH joked, ''your team's average age just dropped considerably, so in the long run it might be good, but not sure about this season". Those were really good players w experience that is often important when s*** hits the fan. And without them it will feel like totally different team. I don't know what to think of this just yet.

''What will happen if I run up the hills? Ah, volcano muscle soreness!!'' (c) Margaret

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

Hi Ladies!! Quick check in from me...

Have ran every day this week (shorter miles) and added various strength training throughout the week. I am due for a rest day which I  intend to take this weekend. A full 100% rest day. The everyday running has really helped my mental health this week LOL. To say the LEAST!

I have been swamped at work. We got pushed an initiative on Tuesday at 6pm for keys. I had to go around to over 30 branches and pick up keys the past two days for a new janitorial cleaning vendor who is starting Sept 1. It should have been planned better because when I first started going out, the sites didn't even know I was coming. I have driven over 500 miles in 2 days. Today, I have to drive about an hour to meet the vendor and hand over the keys. I am beyond exhausted and just need a break. How much can 1 person take? We are merging on Sept 1 and I understand that's why its so crazy right now, but they also thinned our team out..A LOT. They also have us starting a new work order system and new invoicing system as well on Sept 1. They should have planned this better.

Karen - Glad that Laura missed you!! We had some sites in Lake Charles that were impacted.

Talk with everyone later.  On the road again...

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

Good morning!

Elina-nothing wrong with Friyay! Team dynamics are always interesting to me. guess it's like HR but in a sports setting. LOL should be fun to see how your season goes and if some will try to assume leadership type of roles.

Judy-I don't blame you on worrying about ice. Hope you can get the inside gym thing down.

Liz-rest day it is!

I have an hour of xtraining to do but not sure what or where. LOL

Lisa

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning! I am sniffly which I assume it's allergies but of course, I think Rona, is that you?

I have 4-5 with 4 X 400m and Pilates today.

Damaris

Anonymous Guest

Miserable out there this morning. My Garmin said "do workout" and I scrolled down to "skip." No way was tempo happening. No way was a run of any distance happening. I ran 4 very easy miles. And that was plenty. When I finished - before 9 am - my phone said 87, feels like 105. I had rearranged my schedule a bit and was knew a tough tempo workout was going to be pushing things base case - I've been pushing pretty hard all week. Even in good weather the tempo would have been too much. So the awful weather saved me from myself maybe?

Boston extended the window of when you can run the virtual to include next weekend (it originally started Monday the 7th). My last 20 miler (and only, since I cut the first one to 18) is supposed to be that Sunday. Extended forecast shows the weather about the same for both days, so I'm going to do it on that Sunday. A few people have asked me about it so I hope a few people at least show up (and a few neighbors get out at some point as I run by their houses 26 times).

I'm going to go run a couple errands, back later.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Miserable out there this morning. My Garmin said "do workout" and I scrolled down to "skip." No way was tempo happening. No way was a run of any distance happening. I ran 4 very easy miles. And that was plenty. When I finished - before 9 am - my phone said 87, feels like 105. I had rearranged my schedule a bit and was knew a tough tempo workout was going to be pushing things base case - I've been pushing pretty hard all week. Even in good weather the tempo would have been too much. So the awful weather saved me from myself maybe?

Boston extended the window of when you can run the virtual to include next weekend (it originally started Monday the 7th). My last 20 miler (and only, since I cut the first one to 18) is supposed to be that Sunday. Extended forecast shows the weather about the same for both days, so I'm going to do it on that Sunday. A few people have asked me about it so I hope a few people at least show up (and a few neighbors get out at some point as I run by their houses 26 times).

I'm going to go run a couple errands, back later.

The later you can run it, the better weatherwise, I hope!

Damaris

Kilmisters

Update: one of the current player's reactions to news that 3-5 players are leaving to the new team : ''well...... one more team for us to beat!!!''

Ehehehe... This season is going to be fun, omg.

Anonymous Guest

DH went outside and was standing and talking to our next-door neighbor for 20 minutes. Just standing. He came back in drenched in sweat and had to change his t-shirt. Today's weather might be the worst it's ever felt here. Just clicked on Weather Underground and it said 98, feels like 120. Looks like things are supposed to get better by the middle of next week at the latest, thank goodness.

Okay, done complaining, as it could be so much worse - we were awfully close to getting hit by Laura and got absolutely nothing. We could have no power from the hurricane. The county just to the north of us (like just a couple miles) is apparently on a separate power grid from us that services a large part of Louisiana, and a large transmission line was damaged in the hurricane. In order to not overload the system and allow for repairs, they have been having rolling blackouts since yesterday afternoon.

Elina, yay for the short getaway. Hmm, floor ball sounds like it could get pretty interesting this year.

Liz, thanks for checking in, I assumed you were super busy at work. I will say you mentioned keys and I had flashbacks to your time working for Mammal.

Hi Lisa and Damaris!

Also on the could be worse up above, the a/c guy came back this morning and installed the new parts. And the total for the entire thing was under $500. An a/c repair job sounds like about the least pleasant thing you could do here.

Oh, and almost forgot, we had our first Thursday night group run last night. In the past we've done hills or speed on Tuesdays as a group, but everyone was on their own for Thursday tempo. I decided to add a group meet on Thursday, and was kind of cursing myself before I went because I did not want to go. Was hoping no one would show as I drove down there. It was a small group, but it included one of our new people, and it was so much fun.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Half Crazy K 2.0

Upper body strength training. Was debating getting a run in, but we had storms. I had planned to pick grapes after working out. Got outside and within a few minutes there was a huge gust of wind and then it started pouring. We let that storm pass before picking the rest of the grapes. I don't know what I'm going to do with all of them--it's more thana 30lbs!