Womens Running

Back To The Future Monday (Read 20 times)

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

Apparently today is Back To the Future Day

Who knew?

Apparently the googles knew

Post em

Lori

*it's Bertha or me. My money is on me.*

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

I'm heading out shortly for a 5 mile run and then going to vote

And then I'm packing for Vegas for my sister's 50th birthday trip.   We leave tomorrow. Can't say I'm super excited. Vegas has no appeal for me but she chose it.

Lori

*it's Bertha or me. My money is on me.*

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Nice!  I love those movies.

I have 4. I might run a bit more since I've not run in forever (or at least it seems like).  At work and feeling better.

Damaris

Bikerchick1

Lori - I’m with you, I don’t enjoy Vegas.  Been there many times for conferences and every time it gets tackier.  Hope you can enjoy celebrating the birthday!

Damarias - Glad you are feeling better!

have been walking....just doesn’t do it for me tho...  Have been rolling, massaging, icing...actually feels pretty good today.  I am heading out in a few for walk/will try steps of running.  

Carol

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Day trip started with getting up at 4am to drive to the bus. We rode the bus/quick McDonald’s/rode to the train. The train was taking us up a long hill to see a small waterfall and lovely higher hills with beautifully colored leaves in the sunlight. It was cool but nice and sunny. The most interesting thing was being in the train, watching our 2 locomotive engines passing by on a curved side rail so they could connect to the other end of our cars and take us down the hill. (The cars are too long to make the tight curve to turn around at the top of the big hill.) We had box lunches on the train, boarded the bus and ate at a nice restaurant on the way home. I was dog tired and could not sleep on the bus. This old bird is NOT good at being up 21 hours straight. However, I have been sleeping like a log ever since.

Sunday Buddy and I did 70 minutes out the trail. Deer were out, 2 bucks and 2 does. Great Blue Heron was sitting in the shallows of the river looking for food. DC and I did a 2.2 mile hike in the afternoon.

This morning was 45 minutes on the TM running.

Happy exercise, All !

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

Everything old is new again.... apparently houndstooth is making a comeback.

Couple hours on trails yesterday, some with trail sisters, some by myself. Then spent the afternoon with A and one of his friends taking the backroads via motorcycle.

Will go to yoga tonight.

Lisa

Cissy was late this morning, so we only did 3.1 miles. Still good. Smile

Lori--I'm not a big Vegas fan either.

Judy--sounds like a fun trip. We saw a juvenile Great Blue Heron near the road this morning.

DH is prepping for field duty. He leaves Wednesday morning.  DS2 & fiance' leave Tuesday, so we have "blondes" duty for the week (although it will mainly be MY duty as he will be gone). Which is ok, because I like them. Smile I'm getting ready for our big training meeting in two weeks, so I need to be in the office to work although maybe I can WFH Friday. So, I will have to bring all three big dogs back and forth during the week.  Oh boy.

DH's mother wants to leave South Dakota (living w his sister), so he may be going to get her and drive her (+ German Shepherd Lady) back before Thanksgiving to stay with us.

Lots going on in Crazy Sue ville! But it's all good.

Have a great Monday!

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

See, now I feel like a bitch...  MY GF IS COMING!!!!!!  His family is doing a memorial service next month instead of a funeral.  (Still surprised she didn't go to take care of Grandma though.) But I am so excited and happy!!!

Lori, I feel the same about Vegas.  Unless I'm with someone with some moolah to whoop it up, meh.  My Mom lives outside of Vegas, so I get my fill.  I will say though, I do like going to shows on the strip.

Damaris, glad you are a bit better!

Carol, I wish I was running too - but mine is out of laziness...  Sorry you are struggling with your injury.  Those are hard.

Judy, sounds like a fun trip.  You always see the best wildlife.

Lisa, good running. Glad you got on the bike some for a nice ride!  Motorcycles that is...

Sue, would MIL be a permanent addition to your household?

Quiet morning, tomorrow and Wed are going to be busy though.  Opted to dye my hair this morning since I am mostly sitting around.  Can't wait to see.

Starting to get nervous.  Trying to gather positive thoughts to keep with me during the second loop.  (3 total)  I expect the first to be tolerable, though scary knowing there are 2 more.  The second like will be 2/3 in the dark and on my own.  Going to bring my iPod for company.  The third, well, the thought of it scares me to be honest.  Though I will have Lisa to push me through.  I WANT THAT BUCKLE.  Yes, they give a buckle for the 100K.  I love what Diane said - Lisa will be there and she won't let me fail...  She was great at MO, even fibbed to me a little - and I knew it deep down, but chose to believe her.    Believe the lies!!!!!

Forgot to post this!!

Hair turned out well.  Will post a pic next week from the race.

K

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024

Believe the lies!!!!!

LOL. You better bring a belt for that buckle. And that advice came from some elite runner. Yeah for Jess coming too. We will all be there with one singular focus... 100k finish for you. Put the worry away. Since we have the time, you know that you'll finish. The unknown part is the journey to get there, that remains to be seen but the way the story ends is inevitable. :-)

Lori-Have fun. i'm sure that you can figure out a way to make things fun. If you can get outside of the city there are some pretty areas!

Carol-this is a good time to practice walking with a purpose though.

Judy-21 hours is a long time but sounds pretty!

Sue-hope you have a calendar to keep it all straight.

Lisa

I think MIL wants her own place. There are a couple of viable options.

Yes, I have to have everything on the calendar!! LOL

Smile

dhuffman63

Trails

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

Diane, thanks for article.  I read it and even copied down the titles of each point and took a picture of it to remind myself on Saturday.

Lisa, WHEN I get the buckle, I wont let go of it for a week.  

Sigh, work....  When will it ever end.

K

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024