Womens Running

10K Thursday - Supermoms (Read 25 times)

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

ernie - great that you can run much slower.  Sometimes I feel like a snob b/c running with too-slow people seems to mess up my gait, but other people seem to be able to run slow with no problem, so why can't I? If I am up in Newmarket in need of RP, I will message you then.  And you should come down here before ATB next year to run the course for your LR!

bermy - sounds like you are ready to go! My legs never seem to feel as fresh as I'd like..I always try to remember when I started running after taking the 10 days off PP, my legs felt SO good.  But I'm not sure how to get them to feel that good without resorting to days and days of total rest.

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

http://runningskirtsandmanicures.blogspot.ca/ 

Marathonjen

mrszm - So cute about DD2 getting running shorts and wearing the sweaty band.  She wants to be like mama!  How nice that DH and C got to spend some time together doing some male bonding.  I am excited for your relay on Saturday...I hope your team pulls through and you have fun.  LOL to DD1's meltdown...she reminds me of me...you don't miss snack timeSmile  UGH to your PITA of a SIL...sounds like she is not a very happy person right now but hope she can figure out this parenting thing and discipline before her child hurts the baby!  I know kids do naughty things, even when you tell them not to, but how does  4 year old know to even say I will cut your head off?  Yep, DH is dumb and should definitely not complain to me since I moved for him...not once but twice!  Now I am job hopping like mad because I am always the low man and first to get cut.  UGH!

arm - good luck entertaining L on the plane.  I have the same problem in June.  I am taveling, making 2 connections, with J alone.  We tried  stuff on the iPad but he has the attention span of  a pea so that doesn't work and yes, he loves to run.  He just wanted down, would try to squirm out of our arms, etc.  I read something on babycenter about paper and 1000 stickers. A lady said it entertained her 19 month old for 30 min straight.  I need that!  I hope you get some good offers on your car.  Front wheel drive is better than rear wheel drive in the snow.  I had a front wheel Honda Civic for a long time that I drove in snow and it handled very well.  I definitely think you need at least 1 4-wheel or all wheel drive car though!

moxie - SO nice that you and DH got to run together last night.  LOL to DS being a total boy and hell raiser...yep...that is totally J.  Luckily he doesn't have a sibling to bug yet.  Too cute about DD and taking care of her dolls.  I loved her in the Boston shirt on FB!  How is school going for you?  When are you done for the year?  We have 6 weeks left...and I am counting down!!  Only 3 weeks left with Seniors!

Bermy - Yummo on the WF Sushi...so jealous that you can run there and grab some when you want.  Have fun at the expo and continue to rest those legs.  I hope the marathon people will let you change your starting corral.  I am sure you will tear it up at the marathon as you have trained fabulously!!  To answer you from yesterday...yes, I was 20lbs lighter when I was in peak running shape.  I also ran 70-80 mpw, did hills and speedwork religiously and really spent all my free time running and training and figuring out how to get better/faster.  I did struggle though after a period of underfueling and ended up with 6 stress fractures over a few years...it was awful trying to get my body healthy again to run.  So I may never be as fast as I once was but I hoping to try again when I am not pg and do it properly.

zorbs - I am so glad someone else understands my feelings and they are not totally unjustified.  What you described is EXACTLY how I feel!

Erniegirl

Zorbs - I always have the stroller with me when I run with RP and I usually do a speed workout on Tuesday and then run with her on Wednesdays, so both those things make it easier for me to run at her pace. You are much faster than my RP, though, so you and I could easily run together - definitely message me sometime when you're in Newmarket looking for a run!

5k - 20:46          10k - 41:27         10 mile - 1:15:32          Half marathon - 1:39:15      

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

Morning!

RR - trying to decide what and when I want to run.  I think I'll only do one more run before my Half on Sunday. I had originally planned for it to be tomorrow, but today I will have MIL here and could go solo outside - and it's supposed to be 19 C outside today!

TR - has gymboree music class today, I signed her up for dance starting in May, I think MIL might take her.  I need to get her some leotard and slippers to wear,  nothing fancy and official but something appropriate.

BR - was tired and fussy for DH last night but still slept through till almost 6 and went back to sleep until after 7.  She's mastering her pincer grip on cheerios now.

FR - I was thinking of making that broccoli quinoa casserole that everyone raves about but they didn't have broccoli at the store - I know weird.  The other day when I was at the store it was like we were in a 3rd world country, or like some natural disaster had befallen us, the produce section was empty - not even bananas that day.  Anyway, so the casserole with asparagus instead??  Or just something completely different.

RR2 - package pickup/expo tomorrow.  There is a big sale of running/sports gear at the expo.  I am hoping to get some black arm warmers, if I do, I might wear a brand new (I know I'm a big rule breaker...) InknBurn tee (the vintage design) that just arrived at RP's sisters.  High on Sunday is 15c (59F)

5k - 22:56        10k - 46:13          HM - 1:45:39          FM - 3:57:03

Blog: http://terryruns.wordpress.com/

strollermama

RR: Srd. Ended up getting in 5 during lunch with 3x1mi at 10k-HM pace and then another 2m with the stroller after school.

RR2:For those of you who didn't see it on fb, I am considering doing a 10mi race this Sunday (one week before the FM).  I am supposed to do 12m anyways and would be running it with the stroller since I have no help.  I would also be racing with the stroller and am not in fantastic stroller shape right now so it probably wouldn't be too fast.   Still debating on whether or not to do it.  I am just worried I wouldn't be able to not race.  

TR: Sports day at school today. Went decked out in his Oregon Ducks gear.  So cute!

NRR: Long day of class today.

RG/Jen - I consider you guys kind of a marathon experst.  What are you thoughts on the race?  And what pace would you do if your goal MP the next week was 8:12?  I was thinking 8:40s...

CA - Did you decide to go ahead and run it?  How is the weather looking?

back to page 1....

5k - 21:32  FM - 3:27:40

armmama

jen - oops I meant DH's car is rear wheel drive.  He's been wanting a new one anyway because his is a sedan and it's really hard to get DD2 in and out so he wants something that sits up a little higher.  And I've been stuck in the snow at my parents house (out in the boonies) so many times I know I will want 4 wheel drive.  DH and everyone else is agreeing so I am going with it!  Thanks for the sticker suggestion, I will try that!  I'm hoping between that, snacks and my phone that will keep him entertained for at least half a flight.  Flight attendants have always been so great helping out with littles on past flights I've been on too.

moxieluvah

I made it back, its a miracle! I really do miss posting and chatting with you ladies every day!

ernie - i need to start doing ab workouts. I hope things go better today than yesterday.

mrszm - last summer i bought DD a nike tempos in her size and they were the cutest thing ever. i dont get why certain people have kids either, if only everyone was as smart/awesome as us supermoms! what relay are you running? We are planning on running ragnar from Madison to Chicago in June 2014.

arm - remote smart is soooo nice in the winter. my old car had it and I really miss it when I have to leave work in the freezing cold.

bermy - I think you will definitely be under 4 hours with the stroller times you have mentioned. I am excited to see how you do.

jen - when I saw the boston shirts in the kids sizes I could resist getting A one. we have 6 weeks left too and my 8th graders are so lazy and basically think the year is already over, so annoying.

CA - so did you decide to race or just run this one? I think a new shirt would be ok, I wouldnt try new bottoms though. I keep think that I should get DD in dance class but havent gotten around to it yet.

stroller - tough call on the race, I think it would be ok to run it but I wouldnt race it that close to your goal FM. For me it is hard to do a race and really take it easy, that race atmostphere makes me want to run faster. boo to a long day of class!

strollermama

zorbs - Hoping this recipe turns out!

Cx2 - Sorry about the knees.  Do you usually have knee problems?

jen - I am so sorry to hear about DH and traveling.  It is so tough to do all of that!  I can't imagine being pregnant too.  I think it is hard for them to understand how much work it is because they have never done it before.  ANd probably couldn't.  Maybe you should plan  a weekend trip for yourself and tell DH he is charge so he can start to understand.

dexy - Great job on the early morning run!

mer - Sorry you have had a rough week.  What a creepy dream!

ernie - Omg, you poor thing.  What a day!  At least S took a nap instead of bootcamp.  Hopefully you were able to do something productive.

mrszm - SOunds like a good idea SIL is getting her tubes tied.  SO cute about DD2 wanting running gear.

arm - When is the move?

moxie - I love running dates!  Glad you and DH got out together.

bermy - Yay for fresh legs.  You are doing to go so great.  And you are most definitely going to break 4.  Not even a question.

5k - 21:32  FM - 3:27:40

superspike113

Honorary Old

RR: 4.1 with the stroller last night. SRD today but maybe we will go on a family bike ride or something dorky like that.

TR: Must have played with my keys this morning- went to load up the car and the front windows and sunroof were open, which is what happens when you hold the unlock button. Slept better last night- when he wakes up at night, he just wants to be re-tucked-in and will go right back to sleep.

FR: Green enchiladas last night. Need to boost the veggie factor, I've gained a few lbs and am feeling chubby. DH complained that there wasn't any beer or ice cream in the house last night.

NRR: DH is getting another big piece of his tattoo done today. Hoping that we hear back on the appraisal for building by tomorrow, we paid the final portion of our building permit fees yesterday!

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

Marathonjen

CA – Sounds like a great day to run.  Do your legs do ok with 2 consecutive days off before a race?  Mine usually get itchy if I take 2 off so I try to run 1-2 days before the race.  Who has a broccoli quinoa casserole recipe?  I need it.  Weird about your store being out of so much.  When I lived in WI I would shop at Wal-Mart and there were times they had NOTHING or what was left was rotted…horrible.  Yay for a new running shirt.  I hope you can find some arm warmers and other good stuff at the expo.

Stroller – Nice job on fitting in your speedy run yesterday.  So cute about H in his Oregon Ducks gear.  I hope class goes well and fast today.  I think it is awesome that you like so many different medical areas that you will have some job options when you graduate.  I give you lots of credit for being able to stomach those surgeries.  Ewww.  I do have a weekend trip planned in Mid May with Mer and Moxie that should be fun.  It is only 2 days and DH usually hauls J to his parents so they do most of the work…nice.

Arm – totally get the 4 wheel with all that snow!  I am hoping the flight attendants will take sympathy on me too and be helpful.

Moxie – Your 8th graders sound like my seniors!  Ugh.

Spike – Great job on the run and I don’t think a family bike ride is dorky…sounds fun to me.  Wish I had a bike.  You definitely don’t look like you gained weight in your pictures but I am with you in needing to eat more veggies.  Yay for getting everything done for building the house.  Finger crossed you hear on the appraisal.

runninmer

zorbs - I wonder sometimes how daycare people do it.  I do enjoy it sometimes when J is bad for other people.  See, he isn't an angel like you think he is! I love having my belly free of material, espcially the tight belly bands.  This is a cold salad.  I'm not a huge fan of baked tuna noodle casserole...or maybe I have just never had the good stuff!

cx2 - I very often will leave my room/office during prep just for some sanity time.  There are days I don't leave my room and I go crazy.  Tantrums started for us at exactly 1 year.  So. Much. Fun.

jen - That sucks that dude wasted your time.  Part of me would want to disappear during the time he said he will show up to make up for yesterday just to prove a point!  He hasn't treated you very well at all.  Bummer about DH being gone.  Wish you were still up the road so we could hang out and make the nights go a little faster.

dexy - Glad you got out for a run!

ernie - I hope your day today is less eventful than yesterday and you can execute your plans the way you want.  I can just picutre all the bubbles!  Yeah, I am definitely not current on Greys, but like it enough that I will skip the saved episode on DVR to watch the most recent.  The teasers for it this morning made it sound like a good one.

mrszm -Someone pointed out to me this week how horrible my SILs are which helps me realize that I am doing a decent job.  Your SIL is right in line with both of mine!  I saw the qdoba building and thought of you right away.  I don't think I have been there since your DD1 was in an infant carrier and we went!

armmama - Pizza and cake....birthday staples!  We just finished the cupcakes from J's party last  night...pizza is still in the fridge and soon to be tossed!  I hope everything works out with the cars.

moxie - Great to "see" you on here!  Yay for a date run with DH.  As much as I love running alone I love the comapny at times too!

bermy -MMMMmmmm.....Whole Foods!  If it wasn't so far, I would go tonight!  Have fun at the expo.  You are going to rock this race!

CAR -  I say go for the run today!  Nothing beats a run in good weather.

stroller - You are awesome about getting those miles in!  Cute about the dress up days!

spike - Family bike rides are not dorky!  You should see us going down the bike path....I am running, DH is biking with the burley attached and holding the dog!  We are quite the scene! Glad the running is going well...you seem happier!

rg - Glad you  had a good run, but boo the the whiney kid(s).  I hope your day gets better.  Have fun at the park!

Upcoming Races: 

Gazelle Girl 1/2 Marathon 4/13 - 1:48:46

superspike113

Honorary Old

zorbs- hope the marmalade works for you- are you making this recipe up or did you find one that uses marmalade? When is your FM?

cx2- sorry C was a grump. We only keep candy in the office that I am allergic to so I am not tempted to eat it. I do the same with halloween candy- only buy stuff I don't like or can't eat.

Jen- I'm sorry about your frustrations with your DH's job. My dad was a workaholic and traveled a lot and my mom got tired of it- that wasn't their only problem but was a contributing factor to their divorce. My DH is "gone" a lot but its on a 5 week rotating schedule so I can pretty much plan around it unless he gets called in on OT. He does schedule a lot of stuff on the weekends that doesn't involve me, which I find frustrating at times.

Dexy- Do your boobs feel bouncy at all? Just curious- I have biggish boobs but they smash down real good and aren't very bouncy.

mer- that dang belly band made my stomach so itchy. One of my favorite pairs of pants were some low rise GAP cords- I think I sent them to Megan.

ernie- yikes on the rough day!

mzm- our only fast food is BK, McD's, Subway, and pizza hut, bleh!  Sorry about your SIL, I often wonder the same thing about people. My sister's kids are kind of wild, I don't know how they can live like that, I would go crazy.

armama- I thought front wheel drive is ok in the snow- that's what all my cars have been previous to my CX7? Maybe we don't get enough around here to make FWD a problem. I often think that people use 4x4 and AWD to drive like assholes and get further in the ditch when they wreck LOL. We haven't taken R on a plane since last September, by the time we go again, he will have to have his own seat. I would bring lots of toys, books, stickers, and something for him to watch videos on as a last resort.

moxie- for some reason DH never wants to run with me, I think he's gotten faster than me is part of it.

Bermy- R is driving me crazy in the kitchen lately. I kinda want to get one of those tall stools with the seat so he can see what's going on but not be right in the action, but I don't have room in this kitchen. Yay for the expo. I have to say that I am very impressed with how you have managed to get through your taper without going crazy!

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

runnergirl9508

Morning!

RR: just over 10 miles this morning. It was colder out than I thought, and I probably could have used gloves the first half of the run. Felt great today!

TR: definitely not topping my favorite person list this morning. Super whiny, and keeps going from toy to toy, but not really playing with anything. Hoping a nap sets him right. DH is kind of being an ass today too.

NRR: cleaning the house today, laundry. Park this afternoon after Rs nap.

Jen: ugh, I'm so sorry for what's going on with your DH. Men definitely don't get it. I hope you two are able to talk about his traveling and how tough it is on you. It's hard- as moms we never get a break. Honestly, I'd love a night away in a hotel by myself to attend a work conference. No one to be responsible for but me!! Hugs, Jen!!!

Bermy: have fun at the expo!!! I was thinking about you while I was running this morning, and I know you're going to have a great race!!!

back later for the rest of the personals. Smile

5K: 19:15       Half: 1:29:35       Marathon: 3:13:08

superspike113

Honorary Old

CA- I guess you could buy a leotard online?  When I did gymnastics, I always just bought my leotards at the gym booster club, but that was in the days before internet. LOL at your grocery store. I can't wait for the farmer's market to open!

Stroller- are you running with a friend? If she's slower than you, I'd just run with her and consider it a MP run or progression run or something.

Jen- the flub doesn't really show in pictures, it just makes my pants tight LOL- I fluctuate a lot, I'm just lucky I have learned how to manage and maintain my weightloss, because there are a lot of people who doesn't really work to catch a weight gain when its 5 lbs or so and end up gaining 20 without realizing it. I lost 50+ lbs before so I really am vigilant about keeping it off, I'm not at my lowest weight but that is at DH's request.

superspike113

Honorary Old

RG- sorry the men in your life are being difficult. I find with R, if he's not really playing with his toys, if I just sit on the floor near them he will usually get to business.